Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Le-Mans 24hrs 2014

Thumbs up Le-Mans 24hrs 2014

well, we under way, practice on at moment. Already had massive shunt, #1 Audi..

Duval, the driver who had this crash at LeMans is OK, is concious.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

LE MANS 2014 - OFFICIAL RELEASE
    Following the accident occurred during the free practice session, here is the official press release of the Automobile Club de l'Ouest.

At 17 h 05, with Wednesday, June 11, the Audi no.1 violently off the road at the exit of the Porsche Curves, at the commissioner # 131 in free practice of the 82nd edition of the 24 Hours Le Mans.

This car was then driven by the French Loic Duval.

Relief were doing immediately at the car.

Aware, the pilot was supported by the Medical Service of the ACO then evacuated by ambulance before being immediately transferred to the Centre Hospitalier du Mans, where he is currently for further investigation.

His health is reassuring.

Tests resumed at 17 55 h.

LE MANS 2014 - OLIVIER BERETTA (FERRARI): "20 YEARS OF PRESENCE! "(FIRST PART)

The Monegasque driver is among those who have a great experience at the 24 Hours of Le Mans. He was present at Le Mans 20 times but has only 19 holdings.

You came at Le Mans 20 times but you only count 19 participations. Why?
    Olivier Beretta: "The first year, it was with the Courage C41 in 1995 we were disqualified because of a weight problem (too light car after testing) So I officially started in 1996 at the wheel.. a Viper GTS-R (with Eric and Philippe Gache Helary).

Before the 24 Hours of Le Mans in 1995, you were Formula One What look were you wearing at the time of the 24 Hours of Le Mans?
    24 Hours of Le Mans was not a priority at the time. When I was young, I was doing Karting and I dreamed of car. But I still always followed the 24 Hours of Le Mans ... even from afar. When I was a kid, it was already a mythical race at night with rain, fog and the race was two at the time. It has always attracted me and rained. Then I had the chance to discover the interior with always official teams.

What images return in mind when you mentioned the 24 Hours of Le Mans 1995?
    discovery and disappointment. The car was very good and we could have a great race. Unfortunately because of this weight problem, we were disqualified. I experienced the week and just after the tests, we were denied access to the race. The disappointment has passed and I found the 24 Hours of Le Mans with Hughes Chaunac and epic Viper. We have won several times and we had so many good times.

At the moment in GTE Pro..
    GTE Pro
    Aston Martin 99
    Ferrari 51
    Ferrari 71
    Porsche 91
    Porsche 92

8Star Motorsports ‏@8starmotor 33s
    .@8starmotor's GTE-Am Ferrari has been off the track and into the barriers at high-speed at the first chicane

Loic Duvals crash earlier..

DAVIDE RIGON: “24 HOURS OF LE MANS, A DREAM COME TRUE”

This weekend the spotlight will turn on the 82nd Edition of the 24 Heures du Mans, the most important and eagerly-awaited race in the Endurance panorama, and not only.
    Among more than 160 riders, there will also be Davide Rigon, at the wheel of the Ferrari 458 GTE #1 of AF Corse Team, making his debut at the Circuit de la Sarthe, in pair with James Calado and Oliver Beretta. “A dream coming true. All drivers wish to run the 24H of Le Mans at least once”, the 27-year-old driver from Veneto (Italy) says.Davide-Rigon-24H-Le-Mans

For Davide, it will be the fourth 24H race, but the first time at Le Mans, after the races of 2008-2012-2013 alongside the amazing ups and downs of Spa-Francorchamps, with the success at the first chance at Ferrari, in the FIA World GT. “The fact I already have an experience in 24H races will be an advantage. I already know what to expect and how to measure forces, although Le Mans remains a unique race. Both for me and my team-mate James this will be the debut, but we have worked hard in these weeks to get prepared. Sharing the box with Fisichella-Bruni-Villander is certainly very stimulating”, the driver of Maranello continues.

During the collective test of the beginning of this month, Davide has begun to become familiar with French track, long more than 13 Km. “I’ve never driven on a circuit where a complete lap takes nearly 4 minutes. It’s really something crazy. I’ve had the opportunity to study the circuit through the simulator and some videos, but actually driving it is something sensational. You have to keep the concentration level very high and also for a long time, and I’ve been working hard on this with my trainer. There will be the opportunity to do three consecutive hours of race and I want to be prepared”.
    The 24 Hours will also be the third round of the FIA ​​WEC and crew #71 will arrive at the start on the strength of the fifth position. “The evaluation so far is certainly positive. Now we have several kilometres behind and several hours of driving at the wheel of Ferrari. Both my team-mate and I are young drivers, with a great desire to learn and to get noticed. Thanks to AF Corse and Ferrari we have everything on hand to make it right”, the driver of Minardi Management concludes.

Curtains will be risen already on Wednesday night at 10 pm with the first of three qualifying sessions, which will conclude on Thursday 12 June, giving way to warm-up on Saturday (9.00 am) before the official start, with Fernando Alonso ready to wave the flag at 3 pm French Time.

That looks like an awful crash! Any updates about the situation?
    Maurizio Arrivabene fanpage:www.facebook.com/maurizioarrivabene

Quote Originally Posted by fratelliferrari View Post
    That looks like an awful crash! Any updates about the situation?
    Audi going to rebuild car, not sure if Audi going to call in Mark Gene or if Loic wil be fit to drive.

first quali under way now.

TOYOTA Racing ‏@Toyota_Hybrid 1m
    TS040 HYBRID cars running in formation in these early laps of Qualifying. @alex_wurz takes 3:27.243 for P1, @antdavidson with 3:28.002 in P2

dscracelive ‏@dscracelive 7s
    Topping the times in GTE PRO is @StefanMuecke007 in the #97 Aston after a lap of 3:55.490.

What happened to Audi ?
    20:30 Half an hour into the first qualifying session for the 2014 Le Mans 24 Hours, here's how the key positions are looking:

1 #20 Porsche
    2 #14 Porsche +0.771s
    3 #7 Toyota +2.156s
    4 #8 Toyota +2.263s
    5 #2 Audi +3.321s
    6 #3 Audi +3.288s

F1 show biz 2016 :
    Toto - "Ferrari are a real threat" .... Nico - "Awesome, everything is just awesome" .....Lulu - "Mental strength man, lifestyle man, I'll drive at 400% as ever man".... and then suddenly a wild Bull out of nowhere slams into a Ferrari.

Quote Originally Posted by PadGeT View Post
    What happened to Audi ?
    Tomorrow night is where we will see real times being set for quali. Tonight is really for all drivers to get the laps they need to qauli for the race. But, saying that, thing Audi, may struggle to win this one this year. I know speed isnt everything, in the race, but Audi been hurt in the BoP regs.

R-18 E-Tron cockpit..

Steering wheel on the correct side :)

I doubt they'll get that car fixed up for the race. Maybe they have a spare.
    Last edited by The Architect; 11th June 2014 at 21:08.

Quote Originally Posted by The Architect View Post
    Steering wheel on the correct side :)

I doubt they'll get that car fixed up for the race. Maybe they have a spare.
    Audi having new parts shipped in now and they are rebuilding it. Remember 2012? Af corse rebuilt #51 after huge crash. Won gte pro class. Audi can and have done this before. Think should be fine.

Great news. Audi just said #1 car will be ready for tomorrow quali and aswell Loic. Just couple grazes on leg.

DISRUPTED QUALIFYING FOR TOYOTA RACING
    Thursday 12 June 2014

Qualifying for the Le Mans 24 Hours began with a curtailed session at the Circuit de la Sarthe which left TOYOTA Racing on the provisional second row.

A red flag with just under an hour to go of the two-hour qualifying session brought a premature end to the evening’s action and denied the team a chance to complete its planned programme.

The two TS040 HYBRIDs were lying third and fourth respectively, with Alex Wurz, Stéphane Sarrazin and Kazuki Nakajima in the #7 and Anthony Davidson, Nicolas Lapierre and Sébastien Buemi in the #8.

Qualifying started at dusk with Alex and Anthony at the wheel for a programme of set-up optimisation with a view to extracting maximum race performance.

The starting grid for the 82nd Le Mans 24 Hours is decided by the fastest single lap of each car from any of the three qualifying sessions, meaning the pole position will be decided at midnight on Thursday with the end of third qualifying.

First qualifying allowed precious little on-track action and gave an incomplete picture as to the team’s relative performance. An early 20-minute red flag set the tone and allowed a driver switch to Stéphane and Nicolas.

Just after the hour mark, Stéphane’s stint came to a premature end early into the #7 car’s 13th lap when a loss of engine oil pressure caused him to stop on track.

A separate incident at the same time caused another red flag and ended the session. That meant Kazuki and Sébastien did not get a chance to drive.

Earlier in the day, free practice allowed the team to prepare for qualifying. Both cars had an extensive task list of set-up and tyre evaluations but were interrupted by three red flags following on-track incidents.

Nevertheless, all six drivers completed productive stints, racking up 85 laps, around 1160km, between them whilst showing encouraging performance in finishing first and third, with the #8 and #7 respectively.

Qualifying continues on Thursday with a pair of further two-hour sessions (19.00 & 22.00). The race starts at 15.00 on Saturday.

TS040 HYBRID #7 (Alex Wurz, Stéphane Sarrazin, Kazuki Nakajima)
    Free practice 1: 3rd (3min 24.291secs), 42 laps
    Qualifying 1: 3rd (3min 25.313 secs), 12 laps

Alex Wurz: “It was an eventful first day. I am glad that Loic Duval seems to be okay after his accident and will be back soon. In terms of our work on the car, we went through the programme but obviously there was limited time due to the red flags. We had some good tests and interesting results. Now it is a matter of studying the data and making the right choices for tomorrow.”

Stéphane Sarrazin: “The car felt really good. Unfortunately we had the issue in qualifying but it’s better today than in the race and at least we didn’t lose any track time compared to the others. All three drivers are really happy with the car, the balance is good. We need to test a few things tomorrow to improve it but it’s not been a bad day.”

Kazuki Nakajima: “In the end it was a positive day despite what happened at the end of qualifying. We had good pace in the first session. We had a good long run and a tyre test in free practice. Then in the evening session unfortunately I didn’t drive but still we have tomorrow. The performance of the car seems to be there, we just need to put it all together.”

TS040 HYBRID #8 (Anthony Davidson, Nicolas Lapierre, Sébastien Buemi)
    Free practice 1: 1st (3min 23.652secs), 43 laps
    Qualifying 1: 4th (3min 25.410secs), 12 laps

Anthony Davidson: “The session never really got going, which was a pity. But at least we got to try some important set-up items on our car which gave us some useful data. We ticked another box and we can put that to rest. We look forward to tomorrow now. The car is feeling pretty good to drive and the final two qualifying sessions should be fun; there is a long way to go and the competition looks strong.”

Nicolas Lapierre: “That was a difficult session. We couldn’t do many laps but it is the same for everyone. The car felt strong and we are ready for the rest of qualifying. On the long run the car seems quite competitive but it is difficult to assess our competition because we did only a few laps in qualifying. We will have a better view tomorrow.”

Sébastien Buemi: “Finally we are back on the circuit because it has been a long wait since the test. Obviously it did not go as expected, especially with the crash of Loic Duval and we all hope he will be back very soon. The red flags meant we didn’t drive much in qualifying and I didn’t get the chance to drive in the night which is a bit disappointing. There is still a long weekend ahead but we are quite confident we have a good package.”

French and German translations of this press release will be available shortly on www.toyotahybridracing.com, where copyright-free photos are also available for editorial use.

MARC GENÉ CONFIDENT AHEAD OF THE WEEKEND

Audi Sport Team Joest's mechanics yesterday had a sleepless night at Le Mans, 48 hours earlier than planned. The team worked overnight to rebuild the No.1 Audi R18 e-tron quattro following Loïc Duval’s accident at 17h05 yesterday, and the German marque’s experience in planning and preparation for the world’s most famous endurance race has undoubtedly contributed to the fact that the ‘new’ car will be ready for the second qualifying sessions later today.

Instead of Loïc Duval, who stayed in hospital overnight under observation, Marc Gené will be starting the weekend’s 24 Hours of Le Mans for Audi alongside Tom Kristensen and Lucas di Grassi. The Spaniard has been part of the Audi Le Mans squad since 2011, completed several track tests with the current Audi R18 e-tron quattro and was originally entered for the race in the No.38 LMP2 JOTA Sport Zytek.

The drivers of the No.1 car still have to do their mandatory laps at night today (Thursday) in order to qualify for the race. The same is true for many other drivers, as the first qualifying session was stopped early after accidents.

Marc Gené commented: “I’ve had four days of testing, two two-day tests at Paul Ricard and then Aragon, so I’ve got used to the functionality of the car, and I’m confident about the track because I’ve done the tests here in the LMP2. I’ll be a bit on the back foot, but I don’t think Audi could have a better reserve driver than me.

“Apart from my night laps, I will leave the qualifying to Lucas and Tom. We will have to sacrifice a bit of the qualifying sessions this evening to give me some seat time, but I think we will be in good shape for the race.”

LE MANS 2014 - OLIVIER BERETTA: "FERRARI IS A PARTICULAR BRAND FOR ME" (PART 2)

Beretta Oliver told us about his first memories. It is inter alia its various interests and the 2014 edition!

You have lived here full of great stories in the 24 Hours of Le Mans ...
    Olivier Beretta: "Yes, quite the stories were then chained with Hugues de Chaunac Chrysler and Mopar, Chrysler then Dallara LM P Playstation in 2003!. history began Panoz was a special car and with which we finished 5th. then it was Corvette Racing with a great team, a great organization with whom I spent a great time, had a lot of victories and podiums . Finally, it is currently the epic Ferrari. A car with character, a great line and, again, a great team. I am lucky to have had these experiences Ferrari and Corvette. Ferrari remains something special for me: I am of Italian origin, it is official Ferrari and I live next to Italy. "

Do you have a good time or a bad time you head back?
    "To the disappointment, I remember most of the race in 2001 where he loved so much, for 22 or 23 hours. We managed to make a superb . outcome we were third and, after a small problem, we finished 4th For me it was the most difficult because of the weather event Another disappointment comes to mind.. three editions when we give up on technical or incident while we were leading. mostly I remember the year I was with Marcel Fässler and Oliver Gavin (2009) and we had a gearbox problem in the last relay. This was the worst but it is also the magic of Le Mans, we must accept. At good times, I would put six victories. By cons, you can not choose, they are all beautiful! "

What are your expectations for this year?
    "I am very motivated and happy to be here I'm happy to share the car with Davide Rigon and James Calado These are two great young drivers with a good mentality.. they do not derive cover them, it is a real team! Now, everyone is there to win. We will see the end of the week but the goal is of course to come first! "

LE MANS 2014 - DISCOVERING THE NISSAN ZEOD RC (VIDEO)
    One of the main novelties of this 82nd edition of the 24 Hours of Le Mans is without doubt the presence of the Nissan ZEOD RC (for Zero Emission Racing Car On Request) committed by Nissan Motorsports Global.

This car will occupy the 56th stand is reserved for a new car off current ranking technology. Japanese car will be driven on 14 and 15 June by Satoshi Motoyama next, Lucas Ordonez and Wolfgang Reip. In this video, it shows us the car. Commentary in English, subtitles in Japanese.

THE NEW LOTUS UNVEILS PROTOTYPE

Thursday, 12 June, Le Mans Innovation Centre has welcomed the new Lotus LM P1 prototype unveiled by Albers drivers Christophe Bouchut (winner of the 24 Hours of Le Mans in 1993) and Pierre Kaffer.

Delays related to a change in engine prevented the Lotus team to compete in the 24 Hours of Le Mans, the car, dubbed P1/01 has still been made in the course of this 82nd edition.

Boris Striker (COO Lotus LMP): "It warms my heart to see so many fans of the team here at Le Mans. It's hard to be there without the race, we have a team of very talented and very competitive personalities. All she wants is to run. Everybody did everything to meet deadlines for approval and we are now focusing on testing for the Austin race in September. "

Albers: "The P1/01 has tremendous potential and I am very excited to see what she can do. Sure, it's a strange feeling to come here without being on the track but the team remains optimistic for the rest of the season. In this sport, anything can happen. "

Sorry but wouldnt be same this year without picture of the lovely Leena Gade...

24 HOURS OF LE MANS, FREE PRACTICE AND FIRST QUALIFYING - WEDNESDAY JUNE 11

#52 Q1 7th #53 Q1 6th

Ram Racing Ferrari 458 Italia GTE #52 Pro
    Matt Griffin (IRE)
    Alvaro Parente (POR)
    Federico Leo (ITA)

Ram Racing Ferrari 458 Italia GTE #53 Am
    Johnny Mowlem (GBR)
    Mark Patterson (USA)
    Archie Hamilton (GBR)

Both of Ram Racing’s Ferrari 458 Italias ran well during free practice with the team focusing on fuel economy and tyre evaluation. In addition, they worked through a series of mechanical set up changes. During a shortened first qualifying session, held in the hours of darkness, only four of the six drivers were able to complete the required three flying laps to qualify for the race, and the No.52 car of Griffin, Parente and Leo developed a misfire.

Free practice was interrupted because of a major accident just 60 minutes into the four-hour practice session. Thankfully, Audi driver Loïc Duval has since been reported to have escaped injury by the Audi Sport team.

Archie Hamilton No.53
    “I didn’t get that many laps in during practice because the session was interrupted by red flags. I went out on double-stinted tyres on my first run, but we were delayed because of the Audi crash. The main priority for the first session was to get laps in for Mark because Johnny and I did the test day, and we are up to speed. We did a new tyre run right at the end so that we could have a base line set up. I’m comfortable in the car and got a feel for the new tyres, so I’m confident that we have a good race car for the race.”

Matt Griffin No.52
    “The session was cut short so it wasn’t a great first qualifying. We seem to have developed a misfire with the engine so that is something that the boys will have to look at before tomorrow to find out why we have it and what we can do to make it better. We have not had a great qualifying session but there are two more tomorrow so we will be looking to find a bit more pace and move up the grid.”

Mark Schomann, Technical Director, Ram Racing
    “It was disappointing. Our plan was to get the required laps in for our drivers but we did not get that done. There were a lot of yellow flags, which prevented us from doing a flying lap, and then the session was red flagged. Unfortunately, we have developed a misfire on the No.52 so we have some work to do on that. We now have some clean up work to do which changes our schedule for tomorrow but all the drivers like the cars, and we finished first qualifying in one piece so that’s a good thing.”

another red flag, 7th so far.