Thread: Ferrari LaFerrari LMP1!!!!!!(Rendering)

Ferrari LaFerrari LMP1!!!!!!(Rendering)

I for sure would love to see ferrari participate with THIS LaFerrari LMP1!!!!!
    Attachment 5896Attachment 5897Attachment 5898
    You???
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

I dunno why we are delaying our comeback. Maybe we don't think WEC is popular enough to justify the costs...

nice pics btw.

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    I for sure would love to see ferrari participate with THIS LaFerrari LMP1!!!!!
    Attachment 5896Attachment 5897Attachment 5898
    You???
    Wow! Yes! That beast looks absolutely amazing! Really wish that the LMP1 project would finally become a reality. But if it does happen then I just hope it won't come at the expense of our F1 project.
    KEEP CALM AND LOVE FERRARI

This needs to happen. All the manufacturers are coming back to LM. Audi, Porsche, Toyota, now Nissan and possibly Ferrari and McLaren-Honda (rumor). F1 is becoming more and more a farce with the current rules package (i.e. development, or lack thereof in-season). The who's who are going sports car racing. And the ACO just released the weekend attendance figures - 263,000 people crammed into la Sarthe.
    (I'm a sportscar fan, if you couldn't tell...)

The barrier to success in LMP1 Hybrid is having a good, reliable Power Unit. At least in LMP1 manufacturers have considerable freedom to pursue different types of power units. Audi, Porsche and Toyota are all quite different one to the other. Toyota use a 3.7-liter V8 with a super capacitor and 2 electric motors. Porsche uses a 2.0-liter V4 and a pair of energy recovery systems Heat and front axle). Audi uses a V-6 diesel with two energy recovery systems powering the front wheels. All three were quite evenly matched in performance, but Audi proved to be more reliable at Le Sarthe.

As much i would love to see this happening, as said before, as long as we have F1 team, will not happen. Thats what Luca D said before, cannt do both, as massive massive resources for both. As you say Nick, there is bit more freedom on the engine front. Which is good, and take different Hybrid designs.

Truth, Ferrari needs to do this, they know it, we all know it. But ££££ is the thing holding it back.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Drop dead gorgeous!
    Hero's come and go, but legends never die!

Ferrari is and will go into LMP1, the question is when.

The links aren't working but i stumbled upon some artwork of a possible Ferrari LMP1 prototype (that isn't the LaFerrari version which is gorgeous btw).

https://www.classicdriver.com/en/art...return-le-mans

This rendering gave me the chills with how beautiful the car looks. Ferrari is possibly waiting for WEC to become much bigger than its inception, which it is now so give maybe 5 years until the return!