Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lauda : "F1 doesn't need Flavio"

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    I think Sav Pap was trying to say F1 does not need Lauda, along with calling him a rat....

Not quite sure why Lauda does not deserve to be involved in F1 though.
    I call him a rat because he has no problem to call him like that (he knows what he looks like) and he proved that (you know what I mean if you have seen the "RUSH" movie).
    As for the "if F1 needs him" close your eyes and imagine F1 whithout him.
    What would be different?
    Nothing!!!
    Exactly!!!

Everything he had to give for F1 has gone.
    The man is a big chapter in the F1 book by himself.
    But this doesn't give him the right to judge the others.
    Also this man has a great love for the money and he never hide this.
    This also explains his early retirement and his come back with a different team (because of the loss of his fortune).
    This guy is ungrateful. If Enzo was alive he could confirm this.
    Last edited by sav_pap; 2nd August 2014 at 16:52.

When Lauda first appeared with Mercedes, I felt like he should keep his nose out of F1. I think that I felt that way because he was not with Ferrari. There's not too much he has said that isn't true or have some element of truth to it other than some of the remarks about liking the present rules of the sport, which as a member of a dominant team he is almost obligated to voice! Niki was never a silver tongued orator who said things in a way that pleased everyone, but you can always count on him to give a blunt opinion without worrying about who he may upset.
    Forza Ferrari !
    "You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." - Juan Manuel Fangio

Quote Originally Posted by sav_pap View Post
    I call him a rat because he has no problem to call him like that (he knows what he looks like) and he proved that (you know what I mean if you have seen the "RUSH" movie).
    As for the "if F1 needs him" close your eyes and imagine F1 whithout him.
    What would be different?
    Nothing!!!
    Exactly!!!

Everything he had to give for F1 has gone.
    The man is a big chapter in the F1 book by himself.
    But this doesn't give him the right to judge the others.
    Also this man has a great love for the money and he never hide this.
    This also explains his early retirement and his come back with a different team (because of the loss of his fortune).
    This guy is ungrateful. If Enzo was alive he could confirm this.
    No you called him it in a disrespectful way, no other driver has ever driven for the money off course not, Lauda's era was hardly as well paid as they are now and the risks so much greater. I imagine you work for free right?
    Forza Ferrari

Dont you have anything else to do? I will call anyone the way I like. Attacking to anyone who has a different opinion isnt nice. And I will call you from now on DREDD.

Quote Originally Posted by sav_pap View Post
    Dont you have anything else to do? I will call anyone the way I like. Attacking to anyone who has a different opinion isnt nice. And I will call you from now on DREDD.
    Don't you have anything else to do? No you will not call anyone the way you like and you will call me no such thing unless you want banned
    Forza Ferrari

Last time I was banned because of the rat. My opinion stays the same.

So repeating the thing you got banned for shows you as the clever one?
    Forza Ferrari

Unfortunately nothing better to do. You see my team care for providing with ZERO happy -smiling recent races to rewatch. Its boring to rewatch Mivhaels races from the early 2000's. TV plays scrap every year during holidays. Im sicked of the sea also. Swimming and swimming under the hot sun of Athens its boring also. Im doing this for 2 months already. So you will stand me😎

I wonder ifflavio would even consider a comeback to F1 ?

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    So repeating the thing you got banned for shows you as the clever one?
    No it shows that i didn't change my opinion about Lauda😃

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Rubens as many fans here have said, got paid millions to be a wing man for MS. That's not being an idiot at all.
    Ok so if Rubens is smart and he got paid a lot it's not really something worth whining about 12 years on?

Quote Originally Posted by killer View Post
    Ok so if Rubens is smart and he got paid a lot it's not really something worth whining about 12 years on?
    Well ok. I said he's not an idiot. Piquet Jr? Well that's someone else. That's how this whinning on my part restarted. No comparison moving over, to going into a wall. Wow 12 yrs! How time flies when your having fun! Look at it this way, Rubens actually drove for Ferrari! I'm allowed to have him as a favorite Ferrari driver here. Even if I'm the only fan he has here. Every driver then and now gets paid big $$ to drive. Told to move over for the hell of it, not just for points is tough to do, even for the doe. It looks like today's drivers don't swallow that pill. Lewis, Nico, Vettel, even the reborn Massa drives to win, forget the radio!

Well ok. I said he's not an idiot. Piquet Jr? Well that's someone else. That's how this whinning on my part restarted. No comparison moving over, to going into a wall. Wow 12 yrs! How time flies when your having fun! Look at it this way, Rubens actually drove for Ferrari! I'm allowed to have him as a favorite Ferrari driver here. Even if I'm the only fan he has here. Every driver then and now gets paid big $$ to drive. Told to move over for the hell of it, not just for points is tough to do, even for the doe. It looks like today's drivers don't swallow that pill. Lewis, Nico, Vettel, even the reborn Massa drives to win, forget the radio!
    Where do you get that I do not like Rubens?

Quote Originally Posted by killer View Post
    Where do you get that I do not like Rubens?
    Ok! great to know I'm not alone. I did say even "if" I'm his only fan here. Again, nice to know. A killer statement for sure!

Ok! great to know I'm not alone. I did say even "if" I'm his only fan here. Again, nice to know. A killer statement for sure!
    Not a fan but I do not dislike him, either. Certainly supported him when he was with Ferrari and was not adverse to him after--like I am with Felipe. I agree with your sentiments re: 2002, thought Michael pushed a bit too hard in 2005 @ Indy, and a big fan of Hockenheim 2000.

"Killer" statement? Nah, just your average tifoso trying to keep a level head about things. It can be done.

Formula 1 'shooting itself in the foot' - Eric Boullier

Formula 1 is "shooting itself in the foot" by focusing on its negative aspects and not promoting its virtues to win new fans, according to McLaren racing director Eric Boullier.

The sport has suffered a crisis of confidence this season, following criticism of its new hybrid engines by some of F1's key players and worries over declining TV audiences.

Boullier believes F1 should be working harder to engage with fans and promote the quality of racing produced by the new regulations for 2014.

"We are shooting ourselves in the foot at the moment, with everyone criticising, but we have great racing almost every weekend," Boullier told AUTOSPORT.

"We have more countries interested in hosting grands prix and we should be pushing and supporting these changes because it's great to see F1 going to new countries.

"F1 should be engaging more with the fans and engaging more with new technologies."

POPULARITY PROBLEM

F1 is gravely concerned by what it sees as an emerging popularity crisis.

Fears over declining trackside and TV audiences have led the sport's commercial chief Bernie Ecclestone to set up a popularity working group.

Mercedes non-executive chairman Niki Lauda believes the blame for any drop in circuit attendance should be laid firmly at the door of individual race promoters.

"Promoters need to look at Spielberg," said the triple world champion.

"Red Bull is a professional organization and sold 80,000 tickets [for June's Austrian GP] in three days over radio advertising and through [the] internet.

"There are new ways of selling tickets and promoters have to think [about] what they can offer to the fans over the weekend.

"Why was [the British GP at] Silverstone successful? There were legend parades, there was more racing, the whole weekend was a different thing.

"This has to happen in some places where the promotion is not good enough."

F1 NEEDS NEW MEDIA

Ecclestone provoked furore earlier this year when he dismissed the need for F1 to engage with new media in order to increase its audience.

Mercedes commercial boss Toto Wolff has argued directly with him over this and reckons F1 needs to work out how to make new media commercially successful, rather than simply sticking to the old way of doing things.

"You can see a certain stagnation of TV audiences, [but] we can see huge increases in the digital world," explained Wolff.

"I understand the problem that you can't upset the main customers [TV stations] and dream about huge social media audiences if you can't monetise social media.

"This is clearly a knot which we have to cut.

"In my opinion the market will be completely different 10 years into the future."

F1 HAS GROWN 'STERILE'

Sauber boss Monisha Kaltenborn reckons F1 has lost touch with its fanbase and needs to do more to establish an emotional connection with the public.

"We are becoming so secluded in our world we can no longer create emotion in the fan," she told AUTOSPORT.

"We're going in that direction where we're going so sterile we cannot reach out.

"The fan is losing interest to understand why someone is out [of a race] because they pressed the wrong , or this part of this unit didn't work.

"People cannot equate to it anymore. It's not exciting. If you simplify things you can create that emotion.

"We're not connecting. It has to be achieved by making the rules much more simple."

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/115317?
    #KeepFightingMichael | #CiaoJules

i find the reasons a F1 car looses power and such easy to understand but can see why casual fans cant understand this
    Interviewer: “The helmet has a special meaning for many drivers. How important is it to you?”
    Kimi: “It protects my head.”

Its not about how its marketed!

Quote Originally Posted by TonyRizza View Post
    i find the reasons a F1 car looses power and such easy to understand but can see why casual fans cant understand this
    I personally look at it this way, Ferrari are not in for a win, then I don't really care who wins. Having said that on a general opinion there cant be a rule which say you have to standardize the engine and see the Mercs winning year after year..That sounds more ridiculous than the way it is marketed right now. Simplify things let the best car & the best team win. I agree with LDM.

If F1 lose Ferrari or if Ferrari start loosing ground, then I don't see TV ratings or the ticket sales going up. It would certainly be a slow decline of F1. It would only go up if there is an opportunity for all to come back and sail in the same boat with greater emphasis given to all teams, considering the fact that Mercs are way ahead of everyone.

Speaking of the movie Rush, saw it last nite. Really liked it.
    On Lauda, seems he was portrayed as he really is.
    So, he's truthful and speaks his mind. In other words, he's himself.
    I got no problems w/that.

I read where Bernie has hired Flavio to be in a group to try to up attendance at the races and increase interest in general for F1. The attendance in Germany even with Nico doing so well with Merc was real low. So I guess that puts Flavio back in F1 .

Flavio could be back in some capacity with Bernie, that's not something which would help F1 right now in upping the sales, what they could do is reduce the prices and hope to get some steam or offer "you get this if you buy the ticket"..generally marketing stuff & price consolidation. Which would be a short term solution.

Whats really interesting is to analyse how things move post this break!

Quote Originally Posted by crn12 View Post
    Flavio could be back in some capacity with Bernie, that's not something which would help F1 right now in upping the sales, what they could do is reduce the prices and hope to get some steam or offer "you get this if you buy the ticket"..generally marketing stuff & price consolidation. Which would be a short term solution.

Whats really interesting is to analyse how things move post this break!
    Well said! That sound logical, general marketing. I just think a guy like Bernie hasn't got the stomach for it. He IMO would or is thinking to raise fees all around. He can't think like the average fan does with regards to money. "Let them eat bread!". Flavio on the other hand was very successful in retail marketing. He had a Beneton retail store on almost every corner in Manhattan at one time. Marketing was his thing.