Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Parabolica gravel trap replaced with tarmac

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Maybe you can tell us how many drivers have been punished at Parabolica say in the last 5 years?
    Fisichella

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, but if a driver makes a mistake, should be punished. Not saying being injured, but, tracks havent got the "danger". I mean it in, drivers now think, oh i make small mistake i be ok as can drive off into the shopping center car park, and rejoin. Where, as before, you go off, you either get beached, or drive slowly through the gravel and loose alot of places.
    Well someone somewhere had to give my buddy Massa a break!

It's not a big deal IMO. They can put one of those temporary high curbs like the one used in Singapore GP's chicane around Parabolica, and remove them for other racing events.

Quote Originally Posted by ManFromMilan View Post
    They can break their necks in the gravel.
    Which is also ture for tarmac ... especially the first impact ... do they stop moto gp and following series immediately, 'cause I have not seen so many tracks without gravel and green?

Maybe it's time to put the drivers into simulators and we only watch the result in virtual reality then
    Less pollution
    Less travel costs
    Less material costs
    Much more safe
    "If I was driving for Red Bull [from 2008] probably I would have more championships, but because they were dominating between 2010 and 2014 probably I would never have driven for Ferrari. I am very happy and very proud to drive for Ferrari, all my time there.

Quote Originally Posted by Senna4Ever View Post
    Which is also ture for tarmac ... especially the first impact ... do they stop moto gp and following series immediately, 'cause I have not seen so many tracks without gravel and green?

Maybe it's time to put the drivers into simulators and we only watch the result in virtual reality then
    Less pollution
    Less travel costs
    Less material costs
    Much more safe
    I agree, we need more neck breaking and legs being broke in F1, without such things then there is no point....
    Forza Ferrari

Monza is not just there for F1, if you really lose interest due to a bit of tarmac then really I have no words.
    It's not about one piece of tarmac Greig... They are putting tarmac everywhere. There should be some "danger" waiting when driver makes a mistake. This is making just dulling the races out. One day, we will have only circuits like Paul Ricard or Abu Dhabi... Huge parking lot with lines defining where is "forbiden" to go. What an excitement that is.

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

I agree, we need more neck breaking and legs being broke in F1, without such things then there is no point....
    Then let's just make them play PC games... no one will ever get hurt that way. People these days are really way too soft... It's just gravel, not metal spikes or something, dear lord!

Quote Originally Posted by Kyss4k View Post
    Then let's just make them play PC games... no one will ever get hurt that way. People these days are really way too soft... It's just gravel, not metal spikes or something, dear lord!
    Again Monza is not exclusive to F1, but you can ignore than I guess.

Tell me when a driver got hurt in the gravel at Parabolica? I am struggling to see how you feel this makes it too safe considering it was hardly a corner littered with cars and people being hurt?
    Forza Ferrari

There should be some "danger" waiting when driver makes a mistake.
    Why should there be? run 10cm wide and into a wall would be so much better then? LOL all that would do is stifle racing and make everyone go much slower.
    Forza Ferrari

The change wasn't made for F1, it is for World Superbikes. Can you imagine what happens if a bike runs wide onto the gravel trap. The tarmac surface will allow the bike to stay in control and not crash.

Congratulations, that it is absolutely what i wrote ... maybe you can quote and underline your interpretation in my whole text?
    You must have been master of reading and interpretation in primary school ...
    "If I was driving for Red Bull [from 2008] probably I would have more championships, but because they were dominating between 2010 and 2014 probably I would never have driven for Ferrari. I am very happy and very proud to drive for Ferrari, all my time there.

Congratulations, that it is absolutely what i wrote ... maybe you can quote and underline your interpretation in my whole text?
    I gather from your post one piece of tarmac makes F1 too safe, I will ask you to tell us how many drivers have been injured in the gravel at Parabolica?

You can answer anytime you like. If you can reply without childish insults that would be even better.
    Forza Ferrari

I gather from your post one piece of tarmac makes F1 too safe, I will ask you to tell us how many drivers have been injured in the gravel at Parabolica?

You can answer anytime you like. If you can reply without childish insults that would be even better.

Definitely time for the summer break to end. We need races now.

Maybe you can tell us how many drivers have been punished at Parabolica say in the last 5 years?
    I wasn't talking about Parabolica particularly. In fact it's just another Monza corner that got changed in recent years. Like Kyss4k pointed out, Monza will turn into "Huge parking lot with lines defining where is "forbiden" to go". Now they swapped gravel with asphalt in Variante Ascari, Variante del Rettiffilo, Variante della Roggia and most recently in Curva Parabolica. Only Curve di Lesmo still has gravel traps. But like we said, it's just a matter of time and it will get asphalt too. Hence why people like me hate these changes. Less risk, less fun.

Some new circuits, like CoA in Texas, looks like they painted a course on a patch of asphalt. Totally artificial!

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Nick View Post
    Some new circuits, like CoA in Texas, looks like they painted a course on a patch of asphalt. Totally artificial!
    Maybe 3D painted with all the wonderful elevation changes. CotA is great, punishing of mistakes, and most importantly safe deserving of hosting a world class proffesional sporting event.
    Forza Ferrari!!

I am ok with Tarmac but there should be a penalty when you leave the track. maybe they can make a 2 meter wide gras and the rest tarmac. This will give drivers who leave the track a penalty and the bikes a place where they can correct the bike before returning the track again.

Quote Originally Posted by NickEice View Post
    Maybe 3D painted with all the wonderful elevation changes. CotA is great, punishing of mistakes, and most importantly safe deserving of hosting a world class proffesional sporting event.

http://www.delmartimes.net/wp-conten...al-F1-USGP.jpg

Greig, there is just more excitement to feel (for me, maybe you are different) when I know, that driver has to be precise and that danger of losing places or even a race when he makes a mistake is high. With tarmac everywhere, he just runs wide, returs on track and nothing happens. If you like that, good for you. I hate this kind of modern racing. No thrill.

Greig, there is just more excitement to feel (for me, maybe you are different) when I know, that driver has to be precise and that danger of losing places or even a race when he makes a mistake is high. With tarmac everywhere, he just runs wide, returs on track and nothing happens. If you like that, good for you. I hate this kind of modern racing. No thrill.
    That's a bit different to your point I replied too though?
    Forza Ferrari

It is very unlikely for drivers to change the racing line at the Parabolica and on to the following straight.
    If you get Parabolica wrong you not only mess up your current lap but also the following lap because you need that straight-line speed and a good exit to get down the pit straight.Parabolica is one of the most important to get right and i cannot see more tarmac on the outside changing anything.

That's a bit different to your point I replied too though?
    This is my point from the start. Maybe I didn't make myslef clear enough...

Quote Originally Posted by Dino View Post
    It is very unlikely for drivers to change the racing line at the Parabolica and on to the following straight.
    If you get Parabolica wrong you not only mess up your current lap but also the following lap because you need that straight-line speed and a good exit to get down the pit straight.Parabolica is one of the most important to get right and i cannot see more tarmac on the outside changing anything.
    In quali great... In the race, you lose next to nothing compared to gravel trap. It is much lower risk.

If this is for safety, whether F1 or anther class of racing, I won't argue at all with the decision!

As for my enjoyment, I doubt it will diminish it in the slightest, unless of course some opponent gains an advantage from the change!
    Forza Ferrari !
    "You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." - Juan Manuel Fangio

Quote Originally Posted by abbottcostello View Post
    If this is for safety, whether F1 or anther class of racing, I won't argue at all with the decision!

As for my enjoyment, I doubt it will diminish it in the slightest, unless of course some opponent gains an advantage from the change!
    I think it's all in the mind. There's no any actual occurrence on track that makes the race more exciting. If something is more dangerous, drivers will simply be more cautious to reduce the chances of an error. This is similar to Monaco, where it's dangerous to run wide because the walls are there to destroy your suspension even if you make a small error. Does this make Monaco more exciting? Of course not, because drivers will take the more cautious approach such as sitting in a train of cars rather than doing a risky overtaking. It's when the conditions are safer that drivers take more risk.