Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Jules Bianchi updates and well wishes

Quote Originally Posted by Alessandra View Post
    I'm not religious so I can't pray, but I hope and hope that all will be well for them and poor Jules.
    Me neither, so I will keep hoping and trusting in the medical professionals looking after him.
    Forza Jules

Quote Originally Posted by Suzie View Post
    Me neither, so I will keep hoping and trusting in the medical professionals looking after him.
    That is all we can do. Hope and leave the professionals to do the job. It is horrid wondering but no news is good news and at least he is stable albeit very critical. Each hour will be a bonus.
    "The flowers of victory live in many vases" Michael Schumacher 7 times World Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    You have got it wrong, the FIA offered to change the start time of the race and the organisers (Honda) refused. So maybe check before trying to blame the FIA.
    Well for me it changes very little, the whole lot of them are to blame, how can a race take place so late in the day when sunset is 5,30 pm. all I see is greed from all parties.

Time for the drivers association to make some noise, sadly threats to safety usually come to light only after an incident.

I have no desire to watch the video & I also will do as close as I can get to praying.

Keep fighting Jules, already you've made it thru some of the toughest early times after accident!
    Forza Ferrari !
    "You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." - Juan Manuel Fangio

Quote Originally Posted by mirafiori View Post
    Well for me it changes very little, the whole lot of them are to blame, how can a race take place so late in the day when sunset is 5,30 pm. all I see is greed from all parties.
    Korea couple years ago was same, that finished even later and was dark by time flag fell.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Very strange. Not spinning, not sideways, not sliding, just going straight on at pretty good speed, heading right down the little road that the equipment came out of. Sort of looks like an equipment failure.

Clearly, a payloader is the wrong type of equipment to be using to remove cars. There are lots of different types of mobile cranes that are capable of reaching a car from behind the tire barrier.
    Last edited by Kiwi Nick; 6th October 2014 at 20:31.

I have deleted the videos of the crash, right now its not right, bit disrespectful until we know his true condition. I for one, cannt and does not want to look at the video. At the moment.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    I have deleted the videos of the crash, right now its not right, bit disrespectful until we know his true condition. I for one, cannt and does not want to look at the video. At the moment.
    I did see the video to try and understand the whole situation, now I wish I did not.

Good call! Truthfully was hoping this would be an update, time to go occupy my mind for a few hours.
    Forza Ferrari !
    "You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." - Juan Manuel Fangio

Korea couple years ago was same, that finished even later and was dark by time flag fell.
    Don't forget Rob TV pictures do not give you the true picture of how bad the light is.

The FIA has the power to not race due to unsafe grounds (I remember a practice session being delayed because it was too windy for the medical helicopter to fly). If they really cared the should've told Honda to go pound sand.

The FIA has the power to not race due to unsafe grounds (I remember a practice session being delayed because it was too windy for the medical helicopter to fly). If they really cared they should've told Honda to go pound sand.

f_alonso_s_korea-10_266ws.jpg

This was how dark it was when the Korea race was finished. Why the race was allowed to get to that point I have no idea

Or why they need to have night races at all. *Oh, but the European fans will have to get up so early.*
    Cry me a river.

Or, to put it another way: DVR. Duh.
    Last edited by Tifoso; 6th October 2014 at 22:13. Reason: spelleng

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

Quote Originally Posted by roflcopter44444 View Post
    The FIA has the power to not race due to unsafe grounds (I remember a practice session being delayed because it was too windy for the medical helicopter to fly). If they really cared the should've told Honda to go pound sand.
    On Friday, all practice sessions of Moto GP were called off as heavy cloud cover at Twin Ring Motegi meant the medical helicopters could not be operated. On the grounds of safety, the helicopters must be operable in order to cater for any medical emergencies that could arise!!!!!

I have a faint recollection of a race being stopped years ago for the same reason as above.
    Wasn't that the case yesterday?

Of course right now none of that matters just that Jules makes a full recovery.

They were already shortening the race, I think even without any incidents the SC would've come out soon, don't forget the rainclouds moving in accelerated the sunset-like low light conditions. All unfortunate & rapidly deteriorating circumstances. By all means investigate what happened & LEARN from what happened.
    Forza Ferrari !

A report on a Dutch site says that professor Gerard Saillant has been asked to help the Japanese hospital where Bianchi is treated. Saillant was also the surgeon who operated on Michael Schumacher after his accident. Professor Saillant is one of the worlds most appreciated brainsurgeons.

I don't think this is good news if it's indeed the case......
    You can run like the wind, but you'll never outrun the Prancing Horse

I really think the new cars contribute to the danger factor.

Quote Originally Posted by Nand0Nand0 View Post
    I really think the new cars contribute to the danger factor.
    No this had nothing to do with the new cars.

Did the low nose contribute to submarining the crane? Would a higher nose have hit the tractor better causing a larger G impact, but protecting his head from injury? Hard to say.
    Forza Ferrari!!

Quote Originally Posted by NickEice View Post
    Did the low nose contribute to submarining the crane? Would a higher nose have hit the tractor better causing a larger G impact, but protecting his head from injury? Hard to say.
    No. The lowest part of the crane body is as high as the sidepod and the car hit 3/4 on so it would have happened whatever the nose was like. The nose would've been obliterated anyway, it's only a bit of carbon fibre!

Quote Originally Posted by NickEice View Post
    Maybe, but you can't start designing F1 cars around being able to hit a tractor.

With a high nose, it can be more dangerous in some cases, low noses the same in some cases. Freak accidents will happen either way the cars are badly designed for.

Racecars, be it GT, LMP/DP, or open wheel, are designed to crash into other racecars, tire walls, or armco. No car could perfectly protect its driver from hitting an awkwardly sized and shaped thing like a tractor. This is an obscenely unfortunate event, but we can't jump to conclusions about canopies and other things. Ste is right - a higher nose would be destroyed, the part that takes the impact is the front of the tub where the nose is fastened to.
    Forza Jules.

Quote Originally Posted by Ste View Post
    No this had nothing to do with the new cars.
    My reasons for thinking this are:-
    1) the torque coming out of corners is ludicrous and very hard to manage. I've watched cars "swap" in the dry. This was not the case with the old PU
    2) the amount of harvesting at heavy braking has a big impact on the cars as they turn in sometimes. Watch Lewis (a great driver) on his lap before his 1st pit stop and again on lap 27 trying to pass Nico. He barely starts his turn in and he looses it. OK he catches it but that sort of instability in a driver of his skill when you are barely turning in is, IMO, dangerous.

No need for big changes, but there is a need for an adjustment IMO for safety sake.

Hoping for some good news soon. #DressForJules tomorrow, 7 Oct. Will be wearing my red Ferrari gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Nand0Nand0 View Post
    My reasons for thinking this are:-
    1) the torque coming out of corners is ludicrous and very hard to manage. I've watched cars "swap" in the dry. This was not the case with the old PU
    2) the amount of harvesting at heavy braking has a big impact on the cars as they turn in sometimes. Watch Lewis (a great driver) on his lap before his 1st pit stop and again on lap 27 trying to pass Nico. He barely starts his turn in and he looses it. OK he catches it but that sort of instability in a driver of his skill when you are barely turning in is, IMO, dangerous.

No need for big changes, but there is a need for an adjustment IMO for safety sake.
    Lewis forgot to turn off the dslr wing, that's why his car did that, he is very good, he closed the wing and corrected in one swift motion.
    Go Ferrari, beat them all!

Forza_Jules.png

#ForzaJules

Quote Originally Posted by Alonsomaniac View Post
    A report on a Dutch site says that professor Gerard Saillant has been asked to help the Japanese hospital where Bianchi is treated.
    According to the news I've heard here he is on the way and should arrive today
    Jules parents should have had a terrible journey: first the typhoon and then the Japanese air traffic controller were on strike ...

An eyewitness was quoted in a magazine: "At the peak (of the corner) the tail broke out. Bianchi corrected, but the car got a counterattack. The Marussia slid across into the gravel, where he began to jump. Thus, the speed was not delayed.
    Fernando Alonso @alo_oficial
    Hora de dormir. 24h muy largas, o muy cortas, o no sé! Solo quiero una buena noticia. Vamos amigo por favor. #ForzaJules
    it seems most of the team needed to leave because Russia coming ...
    "If I was driving for Red Bull [from 2008] probably I would have more championships, but because they were dominating between 2010 and 2014 probably I would never have driven for Ferrari. I am very happy and very proud to drive for Ferrari, all my time there.

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso View Post
    Or why they need to have night races at all. *Oh, but the European fans will have to get up so early.*
    Cry me a river.

Or, to put it another way: DVR. Duh.
    if the race was on at 2am or 3am i would still get up to watch it!
    Interviewer: “The helmet has a special meaning for many drivers. How important is it to you?”
    Kimi: “It protects my head.”

Quote Originally Posted by Aberracus View Post
    Lewis forgot to turn off the dslr wing, that's why his car did that, he is very good, he closed the wing and corrected in one swift motion.
    Good catch, you are correct. But that was only one of the 2 times I mentioned. I can recall this happening to Kimi a couple of times, even in the dry and I think earlier on in Europe with Lewis again with the car swapping. Maybe I'm completely wrong, but I'd feel a lot better if it was at least investigated. Given the gravity of what has happened I think its worth it. I'd really really hate to see this happen again.

Just saw the video of the crash.

It looks like its gonna be a miracle if he survives. His head banged the crane at the fastest speed from underneath. lets pray for the miracle.
    4 down, 3 to go! Forza Sebastian!