Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Jules Bianchi updates and well wishes

Quote Originally Posted by eddie View Post
    It is surely a very difficult time for family members. I would suggest all energy be put into ensuring that Jules gets full speedy recovery.

Then lawyer up and fight them with the facts. I don't have all the facts presented to me but from what I saw on my screen was the call for safety car deployment was a little too late. They should have released the safety car immediately once there was another vehicle not designated rolling on the track.
    I don't understand the necessity to aportion blame to one side or the other, why should they 'lawyer up' and who do you suggest they take to court and for what purpose..?

Obviously in hindsight deployment of the safety car after Sutil's accident may have prevented Jules's accident, but hindsight is 20/20, at the time I did think it was sufficient to have double waved yellows, cars have been recovered using cranes and double waved yellows for years, (in fact 384 times in the last 8 years) the F1 website says "two waved yellow flags at the same post means drivers must slow down and be prepared to stop if necessary.", I know Jules is still in hospital and no one wants to say anything that may cause upset or confrontation, but Jules himself must accept some of the responsibility, he left the track at over 130kph, and he hit the crane at 126kph, at no point can anyone suggest he was prepared to stop, he was therefore not adhering to the rules of the sport, I understand he was doing what every other driver does, but that isn't justification for doing it and you can't just try and dump the blame on someone else, my own opinion of the accident hasn't changed since it happened and it was just that, an accident, I have stated my opinion in previous posts in this thread so won't repeat myself, but the weather conditions (specifically the river that was running across turn 7) and the fading light were the biggest factors, no doubt changes to the rules will happen as a result of Jules's accident but on the day all current rules were adhered to by all parties except Jules, so my original question still stands, who would you take to court and for what purpose..?

Quote Originally Posted by Tobes View Post
    I don't understand the necessity to aportion blame to one side or the other, why should they 'lawyer up' and who do you suggest they take to court and for what purpose..?

Obviously in hindsight deployment of the safety car after Sutil's accident may have prevented Jules's accident, but hindsight is 20/20, at the time I did think it was sufficient to have double waved yellows, cars have been recovered using cranes and double waved yellows for years, (in fact 384 times in the last 8 years) the F1 website says "two waved yellow flags at the same post means drivers must slow down and be prepared to stop if necessary.", I know Jules is still in hospital and no one wants to say anything that may cause upset or confrontation, but Jules himself must accept some of the responsibility, he left the track at over 130kph, and he hit the crane at 126kph, at no point can anyone suggest he was prepared to stop, he was therefore not adhering to the rules of the sport, I understand he was doing what every other driver does, but that isn't justification for doing it and you can't just try and dump the blame on someone else, my own opinion of the accident hasn't changed since it happened and it was just that, an accident, I have stated my opinion in previous posts in this thread so won't repeat myself, but the weather conditions (specifically the river that was running across turn 7) and the fading light were the biggest factors, no doubt changes to the rules will happen as a result of Jules's accident but on the day all current rules were adhered to by all parties except Jules, so my original question still stands, who would you take to court and for what purpose..?
    Thank you for taking the time to share deep insights. As I don't have the facts, I really can't say a lot but if indeed Jules tried to slow down or stop his vehicle. Then there should be a case. Obviously, he needs to show evidence of the former.

Defendant should be track organizers, vicarious liability, FIA, bernie and co and maybe even Marussia. Facts to the case, unsafe situation to race or to conduct a race resulting in endangering of life and an increase of risks resulting from racing. While I don't want to comment here as I wish no part of a libel. These things can be bought to court. The anology is simple, when a racing or governing body organizes an event or sport, it must at all time ensure the safety at the utmost highest level for its participants, workers of the event and spectators. If there is an element of doubt, the case can be challenged.

For now, I just hope and pray for the best for Jules and his family members....

Thank you for taking the time to share deep insights. As I don't have the facts, I really can't say a lot but if indeed Jules tried to slow down or stop his vehicle. Then there should be a case. Obviously, he needs to show evidence of the former.

Defendant should be track organizers, vicarious liability, FIA, bernie and co and maybe even Marussia. Facts to the case, unsafe situation to race or to conduct a race resulting in endangering of life and an increase of risks resulting from racing. While I don't want to comment here as I wish no part of a libel. These things can be bought to court. The anology is simple, when a racing or governing body organizes an event or sport, it must at all time ensure the safety at the utmost highest level for its participants, workers of the event and spectators. If there is an element of doubt, the case can be challenged.

For now, I just hope and pray for the best for Jules and his family members....
    Thankyou for taking the time to respond... The facts are layed out in the FIA Accident Report, http://www.fia.com/node/9173 Jules depressed both the accelerator and the brake for the 2secs prior to the collision with the crane.

I don't see how anyone you have stated has any reason to defend themselves, like I've said, hindsight is 20/20, but who is to say it was unsafe to race, I've watched races in worse conditions than that, and in truth, every race has the possibility of endangering life, it is an inherently dangerous sport, I am all for every reasonable safety measure to be taken, but I don't want to see F1 completely sterilised, if someone is held responsible and taken to court every time there is an injury in F1 there will be no F1, accidents happen, why is there this need to apportion blame, why can't it just be acceptable to say it was an accident and leave it at that..?

so you're saying that upcoming typhoon is a normal procedure and why should drivers complain? that is just sick, honestly. the race should not have been held, i mean back in 2004 they canceled qualifying because it was dangerous, this situation wasn't much better.
    not gonna change my profile picture

Thankyou for taking the time to respond... The facts are layed out in the FIA Accident Report, http://www.fia.com/node/9173 Jules depressed both the accelerator and the brake for the 2secs prior to the collision with the crane.

I don't see how anyone you have stated has any reason to defend themselves, like I've said, hindsight is 20/20, but who is to say it was unsafe to race, I've watched races in worse conditions than that, and in truth, every race has the possibility of endangering life, it is an inherently dangerous sport, I am all for every reasonable safety measure to be taken, but I don't want to see F1 completely sterilised, if someone is held responsible and taken to court every time there is an injury in F1 there will be no F1, accidents happen, why is there this need to apportion blame, why can't it just be acceptable to say it was an accident and leave it at that..?
    Thank you for your time again and the research note by the governing body. However, there is an element to content because the incident happened at the same spot where an earlier vehicle crashed. Incidents that are one off (highly unlikely cases) can be easily defined and defended as a racing risk but having two vehicles crashing at a same spot will mean that there is indeed inherent risk.

By that account, if any element of proof is brought against a party which denounces of lack of thereof a plan to mitigate the mentioned risk, it becomes a case of contention. For example, were there radio transmissions to inform the driver that there is a crash and he needs to be prepared to slow down. The driver could simply argue that base on the conditions, I did not see any flag. Because the incident happened at the place that there was a prior incident, the case becomes stronger.

Like you, I like to see racing, all out racing but not at the expense of anyone safety. The race organizers should have allowed the race to take place at an earlier time due to the conditions. The same always happens at sepang, the race is too late in the afternoons and when it rains here, it pours. Very dangerous but they keep saying, to accommodate the viewers it's better to race later.

Thank you for your time again and the research note by the governing body. However, there is an element to content because the incident happened at the same spot where an earlier vehicle crashed. Incidents that are one off (highly unlikely cases) can be easily defined and defended as a racing risk but having two vehicles crashing at a same spot will mean that there is indeed inherent risk.

By that account, if any element of proof is brought against a party which denounces of lack of thereof a plan to mitigate the mentioned risk, it becomes a case of contention. For example, were there radio transmissions to inform the driver that there is a crash and he needs to be prepared to slow down. The driver could simply argue that base on the conditions, I did not see any flag. Because the incident happened at the place that there was a prior incident, the case becomes stronger.

Like you, I like to see racing, all out racing but not at the expense of anyone safety. The race organizers should have allowed the race to take place at an earlier time due to the conditions. The same always happens at sepang, the race is too late in the afternoons and when it rains here, it pours. Very dangerous but they keep saying, to accommodate the viewers it's better to race later.
    Thankyou again for your considered reply and for being able to debate this topic without the need for petty insults, unfortunately the same can't be said for every forum user...

I agree with your point about two accidents in one place carries unnecessary risk, but the two incidents were under different circumstances, Sutil lost control during green flag conditions, Jules accident was under double waved yellows, and that is the basis for my belief that the powers that be on a race weekend should not be held responsible or taken to court, the drivers were warned that there is an incident ahead by the flags, I believe there is also a yellow light on the steering wheel as a back up in case a driver doesn't see the flags, so the arguement that he wasn't aware is pretty weak and certainly not the fault of anyone you stated in your previous post, I believe Jules was aware of the flags but just didn't slow sufficiently for the conditions, I understand the previous drivers through the yellow flag zone were travelling at a similar speed, but his car wasn't capable of maintaining grip at that moment...

I completely agree that race times should not present the drivers with unnecessary danger to accommodate viewers in the future, and as I said earlier no doubt rules will be tightened up or revised as a result of Jules's accident, and rightly so, but all safety measures were applied on the day and I still maintain there is no one responsible for the accident and no one should be taken to court, I really think that will create a very dangerous precedent, in motor racing accidents do happen, I just don't believe someone always has to be held responsible...

Thankyou again for your considered reply and for being able to debate this topic without the need for petty insults, unfortunately the same can't be said for every forum user...

I agree with your point about two accidents in one place carries unnecessary risk, but the two incidents were under different circumstances, Sutil lost control during green flag conditions, Jules accident was under double waved yellows, and that is the basis for my belief that the powers that be on a race weekend should not be held responsible or taken to court, the drivers were warned that there is an incident ahead by the flags, I believe there is also a yellow light on the steering wheel as a back up in case a driver doesn't see the flags, so the arguement that he wasn't aware is pretty weak and certainly not the fault of anyone you stated in your previous post, I believe Jules was aware of the flags but just didn't slow sufficiently for the conditions, I understand the previous drivers through the yellow flag zone were travelling at a similar speed, but his car wasn't capable of maintaining grip at that moment...

I completely agree that race times should not present the drivers with unnecessary danger to accommodate viewers in the future, and as I said earlier no doubt rules will be tightened up or revised as a result of Jules's accident, and rightly so, but all safety measures were applied on the day and I still maintain there is no one responsible for the accident and no one should be taken to court, I really think that will create a very dangerous precedent, in motor racing accidents do happen, I just don't believe someone always has to be held responsible...
    Thank you too.

I am very happy to debate this and see the differing perspectives. Ultimately, I do hope Jules recovers and be able to lead a full life. He is so very young.

I do hope that this unfortunate event will somehow mark a new precedent to take safety more seriously.

Happy holidays and love to see you drift on the R33

Both Tobes and eddie are making valid points and being intelligently objective, questions did need to be answered but I'm still not sure that blaming Jules for not slowing down should be the final reasoning for the cause of the accident. Action will surely be taken on the track in future, but litigation feels quite repellent when Jules' condition is still so serious. #Forza Jules

Thank you too.

I am very happy to debate this and see the differing perspectives. Ultimately, I do hope Jules recovers and be able to lead a full life. He is so very young.

I do hope that this unfortunate event will somehow mark a new precedent to take safety more seriously.

Happy holidays and love to see you drift on the R33
    Indeed, I very much appreciate you taking the time to respond in a thoughtful and measured way...

I do hope lessons will be learnt from Jules accident, but I also hope that no legal action will be necessary and it is accepted that driving these cars on their limits will always carry an element of danger that simply can't be helped, whether we like it or not that is part of this sport...

...and to you sir, and in truth don't drift the car it's a GT-R, my avatar is me simply running out of talent and binning it chasing a Caterham round Copse..!

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    Both Tobes and eddie are making valid points and being intelligently objective, questions did need to be answered but I'm still not sure that blaming Jules for not slowing down should be the final reasoning for the cause of the accident. Action will surely be taken on the track in future, but litigation feels quite repellent when Jules' condition is still so serious. #Forza Jules
    Completely agree that blaming Jules for not slowing down sufficiently cannot be used as the sole reason for the accident, and as I've said before I believe there were a number of contributory factors, my original point to eddie was that I feel that ultimately Jules does share some of the responsibility for the accident and that I didn't think that any legal action should be taken...

[QUOTE=Tobes;870884]Indeed, I very much appreciate you taking the time to respond in a thoughtful and measured way...

I do hope lessons will be learnt from Jules accident, but I also hope that no legal action will be necessary and it is accepted that driving these cars on their limits will always carry an element of danger that simply can't be helped, whether we like it or not that is part of this sport...

...and to you sir, and in truth don't drift the car it's a GT-R, my avatar is me simply running out of talent and binning it chasing a Caterham round Copse..!

I would have love to have coffee with you if I make UK. Not running out of talent, probably pushing too hard. It happens to me all the time as well. copse can be tricky.

I do hope that Jules makes a positive speedy recovery and move on from this bad chapter.

A year after Michael's accident and now we have two stars who will continue to receive our heartfelt wishes for a recovery of some sort in 2015. #Forza Jules

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    A year after Michael's accident and now we have two stars who will continue to receive our heartfelt wishes for a recovery of some sort in 2015. #Forza Jules
    Well said wisepie, Forza Michael and Jules!
    Maurizio Arrivabene fanpage:www.facebook.com/maurizioarrivabene

Forza to,both :(

Bianchi Family: Jules continues to fight

The parents of Jules Bianchi, Philippe and Christine, would like to provide the following update regarding Jules’ medical situation:

“As we reach the conclusion of a difficult year for our family, we wanted to take this opportunity to provide a further update regarding Jules’ medical situation, per our pledge to communicate continued information, when appropriate, to his many fans.

“It was a significant and very comforting step for us to be able to bring Jules home to France last month, to continue his rehabilitation surrounded by his family and friends. This is very important for Jules and also for us.

“Since that time, Jules has received the very best treatment in the Intensive Care Unit of Le Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Nice (CHU) and now at the CHU’s rehabilitation centre for this kind of trauma.

“Jules’ neurological status remains unchanged; he is unconscious but able to breathe unaided. Whilst there is no significant information to report, we take a great deal of comfort from the fact that Jules continues to fight, as we knew he would, and this has enabled the medical professionals caring for him to commence the planned, but very painstaking, programme of rehabilitation therapy.

“As we reflect on the events of the past few months, we would like to acknowledge once again the overwhelming warmth and affection shown towards our son. These continue to be challenging times for our family, but the knowledge that he has touched the lives of so many people all around the world has helped us through.

“We would also like to acknowledge the respect and support shown by the media towards our family during this time, for which we are extremely grateful.

“We will continue to provide information when it is possible to do so and our sincere appreciation to everyone who continues to pray for Jules.” (Bianchi Family Statement)

http://www.grandprix247.com/2014/12/...nues-to-fight/
    KEEP CALM AND LOVE FERRARI

#ForzaJules

Happy new year and speedy recovery. 2015 will be better....

We can just hope and pray for Jules now

Forza Jules

i hope new year with new beginning is good for Jules too and i can't wait until he opens his eyes

No news for a long time but we're still hoping and praying for something positive, however long it takes.#Forza Jules

oh i was already hoping there was some news... a bit disappointed now

Sorry Katu, we are all hoping for that but all we can do is show him and his family that we care and wish them strength.

Any news on Jules condition? Cannot find anything up to date....

nothing so far, i keep my eyes open to everything

Jules Bianchi Health Update:

By Claire Taylor On February 17, 2015

Jules Bianchi was a promising new racer of the Formula One (F1). Not even a year into his career, he has managed to win outstanding championship points in the Monaco Gran Prix, a first for him and his home team, Marussia that catapulted the 25-year old into fame. There was no doubt in everyone's minds that he would surpass expectations and be the next great driver to beat; perhaps, even following the footsteps of the legendary, Michael Schumacher.
    However, hearts and dreams were shattered when an unexpected event occurred last year in the Japanese Gran Prix 2014. The world witnessed his horrific crash to a recovery tractor, where Bianchi sustained severe head injuries and placed him in a medically-induced coma for months. The International Automobile Federation's (FIA) Accident Panel found that he did not slow down sufficiently, hence the grave outcome of his accident.
    While eagerly waiting for his recovery, some still question whether or not the Suzuka Cup will be the last time they'll see the French racer in the race tracks.
    Here's the latest Jules Bianchi Health Update.
    If you were to ask, Dr. Ganesh Bavikatte, a Consultant and Clinical Lead in Rehabilitation Medicine at The Walton Centre NHS Foundation Trust, there is still a possibility that the Marussia racer can make "an astonishing return" to racing.
    Medical experts acknowledge that it would be difficult to make a prognosis or a timeframe for recovery for patients who suffered from head injuries, like Bianchi. "The prognosis is very uncertain - we have seen patients with a minor brain injury come into the clinic after six to 12 months and still have ongoing significant cognitive problems, or patients with moderate injury who are, relatively, back to themselves just a few months down the line." He said to Mirrorback in October.
    While each individual has a unique case, he was cautiously optimistic with the 25-year old's condition and his eventual recovery. "It is hard to compare the general population to him - he is unique - but he is a young male with no other medical problems, a highly-competitive mentality and a bouncing-back character. People like that usually make a good recovery."
    Dr. Bavikatte believed that the support given by Bianchi's family and friends, can really aid his recovery. The long-term goal of the racer's physicians would be to get him to live a normal life, the same quality he previously enjoyed. Many hope this will involve a return to Formula One.
    "That would be my goal and I assume that would be the goal of Jules Bianchi as well. Obviously our aim would be, in this case, to get him back to being a Formula One driver and we would put our full effort into achieving that. Over the coming days and weeks it will become clearer about what we can realistically expect." The updates status of his recovery had been scarce at the request of Bianchi's family, particularly his parents, Philippe and Christine. They have released press statements here and then, but they haven't been enough to quell the anxiety of the fans over Jules' recovery.
    Bianchi has has been taken out of coma, breathing unaided and undergoing painstaking therapy, but his neurological status remains unchanged. He is still unconscious and on a critical condition.
    http://www.crossmap.com/news/jules-b...-one-aft-16509
    Fight with passion, win with pride, lose with respect, but never give up.

So hard to read this after all these months, but where there's life there's hope. #Forza Jules as always.

You are right there, where there's life there's hope for sure. To quote Arun, " But never give up. "

"Bianchi has has been taken out of coma, breathing unaided and undergoing painstaking therapy, but his neurological status remains unchanged. He is still unconscious and on a critical condition."

What is the difference with coma and unconscious?

Comatose (induced or primary) patient doesn't respond to any stimuli, but unconscious patient might respond to e.g. pain or touch by moving or making a sound.

Quote Originally Posted by Haroski View Post
    Comatose (induced or primary) patient doesn't respond to any stimuli, but unconscious patient might respond to e.g. pain or touch by moving or making a sound.
    Okey thanks. I assume that is a good news then.

Let's pray that this is a positive sign, however small. #Forza Jules

Forza Jules! Keep fighting!
    Maurizio Arrivabene fanpage:www.facebook.com/maurizioarrivabene