Page 4 of 40 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171829 ... LastLast

Thread: Alonso rejoins the Death Star

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    its a matter of how much you support a team or a driver!!its a "percentage" thing.Ι'm 101% ferrari supporter and only love to see ferrari drivers to win!!! I have great respect for some drivers and to tell you the truth in the top of my list is Alo but if they his is not driving for us all i wish is to see him behind a red car!!!!!!
    +1

Why cant u see Mac turning it around next year..its very possible, ie: Williams..
    but I believe that Ferrari will also turn it around.
    Sorry to hear that some people r leaving, but thats very common.
    Some people I hate to see go, look at Paddy Lowe from Mac, Aldo Costa from
    Ferrari, they went to merc, n they arent doing so bad.

its a matter of how much you support a team or a driver!!its a "percentage" thing.Ι'm 101% ferrari supporter and only love to see ferrari drivers to win!!! I have great respect for some drivers and to tell you the truth in the top of my list is Alo but if they his is not driving for us all i wish is to see him behind a red car!!!!!!
    are we now arguing who is THE TRUEST Ferrari fan?
    not gonna change my profile picture

Quote Originally Posted by Katu View Post
    Oh no please not, that happened enough in the past already
    Maurizio Arrivabene fanpage:www.facebook.com/maurizioarrivabene

Quote Originally Posted by fratelliferrari View Post
    Oh no please not, that happened enough in the past already
    i wouldn't go there, i'm Alonsista anyway... don't qualify as true Ferrari fan

Quote Originally Posted by Katu View Post
    NO!!!!I'm NOT judging your "loyalty" to ferrari!!!!All im saying is that there is some funs like me that firstly and mostly they care about is ferrari winning and not a driver from another team!!!Our No1 driver is ALWAYS a ferrari driver!!!!If you ask me ,(emotion apart)without considering i what team they drive,to tell you who is my No1 driver in my hart i will tell you Alo even more then Schumi!!!!!!!But not when he is driving against ferrari!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Why were the silly season thread replaced with a new one btw?
    "Formula 1 is not a sport anymore” - Fernando Alonso

Quote Originally Posted by Lesky View Post
    Why were the silly season thread replaced with a new one btw?
    It's not been replaced with a new one. Try and post on topic.
    Forza Ferrari

My humble 2 worthless cents which isn't worth much on being a Ferrari supporter. sorry for being off topic but had to clear this one.

Let's say Jules finishes 9th and us 10th on the grid, rather than calling Jules the enemy or opponent and being mad at him, I rather we focus our energy and resources in finishing ahead the next time.

If we loose at a game because we didn't try hard enough, then by all means its our fault. I will be angry at the TP or our pilots for doing a poor job rather than the opponent. Always remember, it's ours to loose, we are Ferrari. We are the most experienced team on the grid. We have the best resources and 2 world champion pilots. So there isn't any reason to get mad at the enemy unless they cheated for victory. As a Ferrari fan and supporter, I will be mad at us losing with the ammunition we have in our garage.

No... Not again . Please don't turn this thread into drivers fans page bashing each other. I don't often post but I do read the threads and it makes difficult to go all through this bashing, please do me a favour and to people like me stick to the thread topic.

Quote Originally Posted by speedmaster View Post
    No... Not again . Please don't turn this thread into drivers fans page bashing each other. I don't often post but I do read the threads and it makes difficult to go all through this bashing, please do me a favour and to people like me stick to the thread topic.

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    It's not been replaced with a new one. Try and post on topic.
    so since the moderators have decided to close the speculation thread is this the official decision of Alonso? I am not reading this any where online.

You would think it would make frontpage CNN and BBC news the way Alonso has been talking it up.
    we're number one

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari4life View Post
    so since the moderators have decided to close the speculation thread is this the official decision of Alonso? I am not reading this any where online.

You would think it would make frontpage CNN and BBC news the way Alonso has been talking it up.
    No, the other one is closed due to it being a horrible thread filled with bickering.
    Forza Ferrari

When they say enemie its not like they hate them (me as well)!!! Its just that from the time race for another team we are not gonna be hapy for their wins simply because their win is our defeat!!!!!!
    Exactly! Enemy meant in that way! Not like I hate them! I Hate NO ONE!
    Last edited by stefa; 12th November 2014 at 06:51.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet View Post
    There are no rules that dictate who we can support. Watching sports is supposed to be fun, not stressful

Everyone can support whoever they want. They do not need anyone else permission. No need to attack others just because they happens to like other drivers who are not in Ferrari. There's only 2 seat in Ferrari, can't have them all.
    Exactly. Supporting someone or some team is a free will choice! I have decided long time ago that I am going to support team, not driver in Formula 1.
    I didn't ask for a permission or attacked fellow forums members, I have just stated mine opinion on matter of supporting former Ferrari drivers now driving for competition and being happy for their results.
    My example: I've hated MS down to the core while he was driving for Benetton. Simply he was the best, and he was beating Ferrari and others. In his defense, back than (1994, 1995) Ferrari didn't had much competitive car. But still I didn't liked a guy. Yes I had respect, as he was really class of its own. When he joined Ferrari in 1996, I was so happy, coz I knew we had the best driver in the world. Now it was just a matter of giving him the best tool to work, and the fruits of that relationship will come sooner or later. We all know it was later, but than again better ever than never. Finally when all pieces come together we all know what "tyranny" Ferrari and MS made in F1 world from 2000 till 2004.
    When he left the team I was sad. Ferrari and MS brought me and tifosi all around the world so much joy and happiness. We all know that that story will come to an end one day. And it come. Tomorrow is a new day, Sun will rise again. Life goes on. That's it!
    But... When he joined Mercedes, I was not happy. Not at all. Thankfully Mercedes car at that time was garbage, and he was way out of his former level of driving, so he was not a real threat. Personally I think he shouldn't made that come back. Don't know why he did it. Money? Don't think so! Fight for another WDC? Again, don't think so! Maybe he was just bored with his ordinary non Formula 1 life. He was just a pale shade of former, to me, biggest driver in Formula 1 ever! Instead of remembering him as a 7 time WDC and glorious days with Ferrari, there is always going to be that 3 years under performing episode with Mercedes. Shame...
    Back to the point. That same MS who gave Ferrari and himself glorious years, made something in final race in Brazil 2012 also. He didn't fight much with his fellow German driver SV for that 6th place, did he? I know people will say even if MS kept SV behind him, SV will end up as WDC with just one point lead over FA and it wouldn't matter at all. Could be ever worse. Just one point!!!! But that move, letting another driver from different team to pass you just like that, is really not a class move at all! That leads to a question of why do you race at first place at all?
    Again, I am not telling any one whom to support and how. Or I am attacking others of supporting just one of two Ferrari drivers, or supporting former Ferrari drivers. No!
    Live and let other live!
    But, I am not supporting and feeling happy for achieved result of former Ferrari drivers!

Goodbye Fernando. I sincerely hope that McLaren and Honda will come up with crap and 2016 you come back :)

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    In my opinion, alonso deserves 3rd WDC in wt ever team he's in. If it would have been with Ferrari, everyone who would have loved it.
    And regarding Mclaren move, I think alonso doesn't need a monster car, he needs a car with gud package that's it. So hoping they give him a gud car even though he doesn't drive for ferrari both Felipe n alonso are still n will be ferrari forever.
    If Fernando moves to McLaren, they should hire Piquet Jr just in case for some concrete wall crashing. But no worry, Briatore probably took already care off the that

Alonso/mclaren will be another headache for ferrari asside from merc and williams and redbull ofcourse.
    Ferrari needs to up their game
    Hell would have broken loose

Quote Originally Posted by Petronius View Post
    If Fernando moves to McLaren, they should hire Piquet Jr just in case for some concrete wall crashing. But no worry, Briatore probably took already care off the that
    what has Piquet jr anything to do with Fernando going to McLaren?

Quote Originally Posted by Petronius View Post
    Or may be Kimi? Piquet managed 31% of Alonso's score while & Kimi did 35%. So I'd say Kimi will do slightly better than Nelson Piquet

Quote Originally Posted by Rishu View Post
    Or may be Kimi? Piquet managed 31% of Alonso's score while & Kimi did 35%. So I'd say Kimi will do slightly better than Nelson Piquet
    that is arguable, he scored those 31% of points on his rookie season, Kimi is WDC with many seasons under his belt... you know i can see Piquet improving, Kimi however... you know what they say about old dogs and new tricks

Well well well. I can't find anything to say other than thanks for his efforts for this team and also good luck on his new team.

Disappointing; 2009 to 2016...

If its done and dusted, then i wish Alonso the very best at Mclaren. He deserves to be at least a triple WDC; irrespective of who he gets it with.

He gave his all on the race track for Ferrari and a bit more, but we couldnt win. Magnificent effort nonetheless. Respect!
    Silently, like a shadow

The writing is on the wall so to speak. It is sad that a driver that gave so much to the team, these last few years, is leaving. So many races that he gave us a something good to take away from a weekend that other wise would have been dreadful. How short some peoples memory is or maybe just how short some peoples support have been?

No matter where he might be next season, for his passion, class and skill we must salute Fernando Alonso. Thank you Champ!

I wonder if Alonso reads Autosport? He's the only one who doesn't know he's out at Ferrari next year.

Well it seems that the rod has broken between MM and Alonso

Anyone knows something about the team dinner they had in Sao Paulo. I saw some pictures on Twitter.
    Now I read in a german article that the air between Alonso and MM is very stuffy and MM even showed up at this team dinner - but I understand that there are more important things to do now, even it would have been nice sign of respect if would have been there.

what me makes wonder: Ferrari doesn't refuses the rumours about Stella and Rivola too
    I mean as everything seems fixed with Alonso leaving I would expect some reaction if other persons (which are currently under contract with Ferrari) are no part of the game too. But nothing so far (at least in the media I follow, I don't know what i.e. Italian papers are writing)

Somehow you get the impression that everyone talks about the affected one but not the affected himself ..

one report I found today at German motorsport total LInk to Google Translate of the Article

The 62-year-old doesn't want to confirm the obligation of Vettel and the departure of the Spanish former world champion Fernando Alonso. "Ferrari has never claimed that Alonso goes away, and he (Alonso) never said anything like that. We wait for the end of the season," said Marchionne who is dissatisfied with the performance of the red racer in Formula 1.
    Marchionne denied media reports that he personally led the negotiations with his preferred candidate Vettel: "I do not favour anyone and never said anything about it. I don't not speak to our pilots directly," clarifies the successor Luca di Monzemolos.
    "If I was driving for Red Bull [from 2008] probably I would have more championships, but because they were dominating between 2010 and 2014 probably I would never have driven for Ferrari. I am very happy and very proud to drive for Ferrari, all my time there.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormsearcher View Post
    If its done and dusted, then i wish Alonso the very best at Mclaren. He deserves to be at least a triple WDC; irrespective of who he gets it with.

He gave his all on the race track for Ferrari and a bit more, but we couldnt win. Magnificent effort nonetheless. Respect!
    Yes, both Ferrari & Fernando tried their best but unfortunately, RedBull did better job than everyone else. At least we challenged them more than anybody else. Fernando's 2012 alone is worth 3 titles. Sadly it couldn't happen. I hope he gets another title but not when Ferrari is fighting for it in the same year

Quote Originally Posted by abbottcostello View Post
    Pretty sure Ferrari has stated they don't expect to challenge for titles for at least '15 & '16 seasons. They basically wan't Fernando to commit to this plan & extend his contract & if he couldn't/wouldn't, then they would work out a mutually agreeable termination of their contract. Obviously, the later is the chosen path, I just hope they stay respectful towards each other (Ferrari of old had a bad habit of not staying completely respectful, many say they had to trash departing drivers to keep the Italian public & press from attacking them!).
    One race left and both parties has handled the situation with respect and in good manners. That's how it seems from outside anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by FFFerrari View Post
    Do such people exist?
    As a living proof, I can say yes they do From now on my support to Ferrari will be much less complex, as It's pretty much the same which driver come out to win or gets more points. As long they both score well, I'll be happy