Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: 2015 F1 Car Launches

According to various sources on Twitter, the RB11 hasn't passed the crash test - not sure whether it is the chassis or just the nose (more likely).

Quote Originally Posted by Ste View Post
    According to various sources on Twitter, the RB11 hasn't passed the crash test - not sure whether it is the chassis or just the nose (more likely).
    Newey pushing the bounderies YET again...it's prolly just the nose and i'm sure they have one on hand that will pass, NOT that i care anyways
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Quote Originally Posted by Ste View Post
    wouldn't have been very late for crash test this week or even the week before?
    Haven't we had such a rumour about a RB car not passing the crash test two years ago or so?
    we will see what's happening from Feb. 1 ...

other topic

Force India canceled the Jerez test week completely ... rumours about being bankrupt
    https://twitter.com/ForceIndiaF1/sta...93149101924352
    "If I was driving for Red Bull [from 2008] probably I would have more championships, but because they were dominating between 2010 and 2014 probably I would never have driven for Ferrari. I am very happy and very proud to drive for Ferrari, all my time there.

For the first time I am happy that Adrian Newey is in Formula1. Apparently RedBull is so upbeat to take fight to Mercedes.
    ||||||||||||||||||||||

Quote Originally Posted by AfterLife View Post
    For the first time I am happy that Adrian Newey is in Formula1. Apparently RedBull is so upbeat to take fight to Mercedes.
    i too am happy that he's in Formula ONE, but i'd be happier if WE (Ferrari) would take the fight to both Merc's and red FOOLS....and fight Newey at his own game...that would make my day

now that we have James A. i feel more confident in terms of AERO, lets' just hope and pray that the Engine side of things will bring the fight up as well
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Force India will miss first test, surprisingly not even running their 2014 car

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    Newey pushing the bounderies YET again...it's prolly just the nose and i'm sure they have one on hand that will pass, NOT that i care anyways
    Is Newey still designing this year's RB? I thought he left F1 to build some yacht.
    KEEP CALM AND LOVE FERRARI

Quote Originally Posted by Nero Horse View Post
    Is Newey still designing this year's RB? I thought he left F1 to build some yacht.
    that's what i thought, but people here keep saying that this year's RB11 is still designed by Newey..i personally thought that he pulled out of F1 as a full time designer and ONLY working as a consultant...kind of like what Rory Byrne is doing for US....but of course i could be WRONG...it wouldnt' be the first time...LOL

that's what i thought, but people here keep saying that this year's RB11 is still designed by Newey..i personally thought that he pulled out of F1 as a full time designer and ONLY working as a consultant...kind of like what Rory Byrne is doing for US....but of course i could be WRONG...it wouldnt' be the first time...LOL
    This year's bull should be his last design. He decided to quit F1 during this season, but the works on the car started way earlier, so it's still his baby. But the last one.

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

I hope Force India doesnt disappear.
    R those rumors??

Quote Originally Posted by Nova View Post
    I hope Force India doesnt disappear.
    R those rumors??
    Force India is pulling out of the first winter testing session. So maybe people are starting rumors about their financial problems.
    http://www.formula1.com/news/headlin...5/1/16781.html

May be due to cost, but they are certainly not in any danger of leaving the sport. Last year, Lotus did the same thing and they manage to survive, although they ended up with plenty of trouble during the season of course. This may mean they are in for a difficult season, but not necessary in any serious financial issues. Hopefully not.

http://www.f1today.net/en/news/force...is-interested?

Published on 28 Jan 2015 15:58
    imageThe latest team in serious peril is Force India, according to an insider. The Silverstone based team announced on Wednesday that it is sitting out the first test of the 2015 pre-season at Jerez. The reasons for the decision have not been well explained, but technical boss Andrew Green has said it was a "conscious decision" to trade the test for more "development time".

But insider Ralf Bach, who writes for Sport Bild and TZ Munchen, writes on his blog f1-insider.com that the very future of the team is "far from certain". The off-track troubles of Vijay Mallya are well known, and Force India's co-owner Subrata Roy is even in jail. Bach reports that at the F1 strategy group meeting in London on Tuesday, it emerged that Force India is "facing financial collapse" and is currently insolvent.

The situation means the 2015 car is delayed "because important parts suppliers have not been paid". Bach added: "If no money flows in the next four weeks, it is said even the opening two races in Australia and Malaysia are endangered. The team is for sale," he claimed, "and Renault is interested as it wants to cut the cord to Red Bull and once again have a bigger presence in formula one."

Meanwhile, Bach also claimed that Pastor Maldonado's place at Lotus is in doubt, as his and the Enstone team's major Venezuelan backer, the state-owned PDVSA, is in crisis over the dramatic fall in oil prices. He wrote: "Bernie Ecclestone is apparently looking for a buyer for Lotus, because he wants to get rid of the uncomfortable Gerard Lopez. He has been trying for some time but so far has found no one." (GMM)

Quote Originally Posted by Nero Horse View Post
    http://www.gptoday.com/full_story/vi...2015_Red_Bull/

This year's Red Bull is probably the last 100 per cent Adrian Newey car, team boss Christian Horner has admitted.

After Horner and his 2015 drivers met with the media on Tuesday, Germany's Auto Motor und Sport said Horner put an actual percentage on the time Newey will spend on formula one from now on -- 50.

The other 50 per cent will be spent on projects like the America's Cup, but Horner said of the 2015-specification RB11: "He (Newey) is the designer of this car."

Horner revealed that Newey will also be at Jerez on Sunday to oversee the Renault-powered car's track debut, which will be driven around the Spanish circuit by Daniel Ricciardo.

But before then, Horner said, the team is still working hard.

When asked if the Jerez-spec RB11 is ready to run now, he admitted: "Not yet.

"We are flat out into car build at the moment, this is probably the shortest production and assembly time in our ten seasons."

Red Bull's late development of the 2014 car, and now pushing the time barriers with its successor, is undoubtedly because of the extent of Mercedes' dominance last year, with similar regulations still in play for 2015.

"Hopefully we will have made significant inroads into that advantage," said Horner.

Given the way Mercedes dominated last year, Horner's optimism was telling, and it was echoed by the team's new number 1 driver, Ricciardo.

"You'd like to think that Mercedes' room for improvement is smaller than everyone else's," the Australian said.

Another of Mercedes' challengers in 2015 will be the independent British team Williams, and Ricciardo said he expects them to be strong again this year.

"The big question mark is McLaren-Honda," he added. "Everyone will be watching to see what kind of step they can do.

"With Ferrari, there is no real sign they can gain a second a lap. McLaren, they could gain a second if it all gels with Honda," said Ricciardo.

(GMM)

Follow grandprixdotcom on Twitter
    ShareThis

just a question regarding the new Mclaren Honda
    do any of you guys think that the new Mclaren colors would be mostly WHITE AND RED this year?? i'm only asking because every article i've seen so far on autosport.com web site relating to any kind of news about Mclaren, they show a picture of ALONSO and with the backround showing the older Mclaren cars in white and red.

we all know that those colours were used when HONDA wsa providing them the engines; so now that HONDA is back in F1, any of you think that the new Mclaren would be WHITE AND RED???

...not that i care that much, but i was just wondering

just a question regarding the new Mclaren Honda
    do any of you guys think that the new Mclaren colors would be mostly white and red?? i'm only asking because every article i've seen so far on autosport.com web site relating to the any kind of news about Mclaren and they show a picture of ALONSO and with the backround showing the older Mclaren cars in white and red.

we all know that those colours were used when HONDA wsa providing them the engines; so now that HONDA is back in F1, any of you think that the new Mclaren would be WHITE AND RED???

...not that i care that much, but i was just wondering
    I really don't give a .... to be honest I am just hoping for pink or something like that LOL!
    Maurizio Arrivabene fanpage:www.facebook.com/maurizioarrivabene

Quote Originally Posted by fratelliferrari View Post
    I really don't give a .... to be honest I am just hoping for pink or something like that LOL!
    i really don't give a **** either, it was just something i thought about jsut now...LOL
    we're gonna find out more about the colors tomorrow when McLiars will unveil their car 2morrow

NOW onto the more important topic, i can't wait to see the new FERRARI on friday...whoohooo TWO MORE DAYS...

i really don't give a **** either, it was just something i thought about jsut now...LOL
    we're gonna find out more about the colors tomorrow when McLiars will unveil their car 2morrow

NOW onto the more important topic, i can't wait to see the new FERRARI on friday...whoohooo TWO MORE DAYS...
    Actually i read that the car that they will unveil and test ,will be total black and they keep a surprice announement (propably a big sponsor and so the colors) the day after the 1st test.
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by fratelliferrari View Post
    Brown would be appropriate color for them, the disgusting stink is already there.
    KEEP CALM AND LOVE FERRARI

1) McLaren Honda today.......fingers crossed....last Honda i remembered was the earth themed which i liked, put a pledge on ur car thingy..the livery to me was awesome...the car drove by button and rubens..what was it ..Honda RA107 :D

2) only 9 teams are shown on the f1 official site.... .....no more smaller teams...Audi 2016? Porche not ever coming? BMW? nope...would love to see more teams...at least 12 teams......
    http://www.formula1.com/teams_and_drivers/teams/

3) so with 20 races, i hope every race 1 different racer wins. the rest 2 race between our drivers

Quote Originally Posted by pilotHans View Post
    2) only 9 teams are shown on the f1 official site.... .....no more smaller teams...Audi 2016? Porche not ever coming? BMW? nope...would love to see more teams...at least 12 teams......
    http://www.formula1.com/teams_and_drivers/teams/
    I saw an article online some time ago, it basically said F1 is no longer the must-have auto racing event for car manufacturers, WEC is where it's at. I don't know if the reasons they presented were true, but it is certainly the case where F1 today have very few manufacturer in it, while at WEC, you can find more major car manufacturer there

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet View Post
    I saw an article online some time ago, it basically said F1 is no longer the must-have auto racing event for car manufacturers, WEC is where it's at. I don't know if the reasons they presented were true, but it is certainly the case where F1 today have very few manufacturer in it, while at WEC, you can find more major car manufacturer there
    WEC as in FIA World Endurance Championship ? hurmm....

on another note, i still fancy Aston Martin ,lamborghini, bugatti veyron in F1....or is it only me

Quote Originally Posted by pilotHans View Post
    WEC as in FIA World Endurance Championship ? hurmm....

on another note, i still fancy Aston Martin ,lamborghini, bugatti veyron in F1....or is it only me
    Yep. I would love to see those car makers in F1 too, in addition to Audi. But it seems like F1 is more attractive to non-manufacturer such as the new HAAS. Even Honda's arrival is in the form of supplying PU only, although they have their own racing program.

As a f1 fan eagerly waiting for mclaren honda presentation
    Fight with passion, win with pride, lose with respect, but never give up.

Quote Originally Posted by ARUN M KARUNAN View Post
    As a f1 fan eagerly waiting for mclaren honda presentation
    Me too

+1. Saw an interesting photo by Marca

Would be interesting to see if McLaren retains those rear fin suspension design.

I doubt we will see that today, think they are gonna release some crappy photos

Quote Originally Posted by S1000RR View Post
    +1. Saw an interesting photo by Marca
    http://www.omnicorse.it/img/articoli...a-il-bulbo.jpg
    Wooaahh!! this looks brutal!
    Silently, like a shadow

Toro Rosso STR10 teaser

Is that nose legal?