Page 37 of 45 FirstFirst ... 122324252627282930313233343536373839404142434445 LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,110 of 1341

Thread: 2015 Pre-Season Test - Jerez

These timetable topping test times that we've shown probably don't mean anything, as has been repeated over and over again here, but I distinctly remember that back in 2009 everybody, and I mean EVERYBODY, were saying that the fast lap times that Brawn GP was showing during pre-season testing were "just glory runs on empty fuel tanks and didn't mean anything".....well, I think we all know how that turned out in the end, no?

I'm not saying that we're about to pull off the same trick this year, but it does provide food for thought. Usually those cars that seem to be fast during pre-season testing, really are fast.

Anyway, if we could be the 2nd fastest team at the start of the season then that would certainly be a big achievement, considering where we were last season, and a very good base where to start chasing down the Mercs.
    KEEP CALM AND LOVE FERRARI

Quote Originally Posted by KimiBot View Post
    Okey, some more speculations.

Ferrari had a 2 serious problems last year.
    1. Not enough power
    2. Really difficult to drive (aero, front-end, whatever, Kimi is happy now)

And these 2 problems are really time consuming problems.
    Watching Qualis, we can easily see, that you can lose 0.3 sec in one corner when making mistake, or car is doing something that it should not do and have to lift foot for a moment.

It looks like both problems have been fixed. Car looks really stable in corners, and Lauda did say that it is fast too, when coming out from corners. And usually there are many corners.
    Of course there has been other improvements too.
    Mate, no offense, like seriously not trying to say something bad, can't stretch this enough. but how long have you been following this sport, like not just watching races, but being in to it? Or better yet, how many winter testing sessions have you been following? Don't shy away if you're new, we all are there at some point. Thing is, you can not, i repeat, can not trust testing session times like you are.

Quote Originally Posted by Forzi View Post
    Mate, no offense, like seriously not trying to say something bad, can't stretch this enough. but how long have you been following this sport, like not just watching races, but being in to it? Or better yet, how many winter testing sessions have you been following? Don't shy away if you're new, we all are there at some point. Thing is, you can not, i repeat, can not trust testing session times like you are.
    He says that those are speculations. What else do you do with testing times but to speculate.
    we're number one

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari4life View Post
    He says that those are speculations. What else do you do with testing times but to speculate.
    Read the whole conversation. He's actually literally taking these testing times. That's why i asked what he was trying to say earlier, and he stated that he thinks that the Ferrari is 1,5 secs faster than the Mercedes, and the lap time Mercedes made is actually their real pace.

Started to follow F1 when Nico`s father won WDC. But this is my hobby, I am no expert-pro or anything, just love this sport.
    Anyways, that is not important, I am only saying, that last years car was so bad, and they knew all the problems, so it was easy to fix them, and these testing times proves that, also Kimi`s feedback is more than enough to convince me that car is really good now. He absolutely would not say that, if it was not true.

Also, there are some other professional people, who had made some very positive comments about this years Ferrari. Like.. Horner, Kalterborn, Lauda, Ricciardo, Rosberg, and Nasr/Ericsson had something to add too.

Edit. Also Vettel was happy with the car. Almost forgot that.

Read the whole conversation. He's actually literally taking these testing times. That's why i asked what he was trying to say earlier, and he stated that he thinks that the Ferrari is 1,5 secs faster than the Mercedes, and the lap time Mercedes made is actually their real pace.
    ok sorry you are right.
    you know for me this is probably the most exciting time this season. Chances are that 2015 will be a repeat of 2014. Might as well enjoy a little right now.
    we're number one

Started to follow F1 when Nico`s father won WDC. But this is my hobby, I am no expert-pro or anything, just love this sport.
    Anyways, that is not important, I am only saying, that last years car was so bad, and they knew all the problems, so it was easy to fix them, and these testing times proves that, also Kimi`s feedback is more than enough to convince me that car is really good now. He absolutely would not say that, if it was not true.

Also, there are some other professional people, who had made some very positive comments about this years Ferrari. Like.. Horner, Kalterborn, Lauda, Ricciardo, Rosberg, and Nasr/Ericsson had something to add too.
    Well whatever mate. Do envy your optimism.
    Last edited by Forzi; 5th February 2015 at 17:52.

Forget the testing laptimes - what is important IMHO is that the car is drivable and as such it is a decent foundation for this season. It is also positive that it seems to be quite reliable, at least in this four day test.
    "Leave the gun. Take the cannoli."

Well whatever mates. Do envy your optimism.
    Thanks, I understand that after 2 difficult year, people here, has problems to believe, that Ferrari can build faster car than Mercedes.

Edit. Also Vettel was happy with the car. Almost forgot that.
    Good for you mate. Don't let anyone quash your optimism. The fact is that no one really knows where we are compared to our comptetitors, at this point it's all just conjecture and speculation, so if you believe that we're in a good position then that's fine. I hope so too, while trying to be cautious and not get over excited just yet.
    KEEP CALM AND LOVE FERRARI

Thanks, I understand that after 2 difficult year, people here, has problems to believe, that Ferrari can build faster car than Mercedes.
    I am sure everyone on here absolutely hopes you are right.
    we're number one

Quote Originally Posted by darkchild View Post
    Hopefully Marmorini was lying through his teeth when he said Tombazis asked him to make PU more compact and therefore less potent. That has to be stupidest decision only eclipsed by this years Seahawks Superbowl decision, if that. If that did really happen, then whatever happened last 5 years, our incompetence and bad cars really don't surprise.

Given I count Luca amongst my friends and I have known him quite a while, I can honestly say that he speaks the truth.. You might notice him in my Avatar on the Left, L. Benetton on the right, me in the middle.
    President, Scuderia Ferrari Club of Denver - The Official Passion
    http://www.scuderiaferrari.club
    denver@scuderiaferrari.club

I think the Ferrari will be consistently better & faster than last season based on what Kimi said. But we know that mercedes is going to be much faster than everyone. Also Redbull always is slow and unreliable in the testing for 2 years then they are faster than everybody except maybe mercedes and williams (they look slower too but will be fast). So when we are in the final test then we will see more clearly what level Ferrari is compared to the competition. But for now, we know Ferrari has improved over last season which is a wonderful thing!

Also I don't think that Ferrari is going with her engines turned all the way up and as fast as possible either. Nobody is doing that now but maybe the cars like Lotus or Sauber because they have nothing to lose showing all the speed. So Ferrari may also be able to show more speed in the last test and in the season.

Guys just stay calm and enjoy the whole thing!!!!Whatever is going to happen thats it ,there's nothing we can do about it!!!At least we can enjoy this good picture of our team as long as it last!!!!!And if by miracle turn out to be our true performance then we can all be ridiculously happy!!!!!!!
    Last edited by PURE PASSION; 5th February 2015 at 17:59.
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Fastest laps and tires used on Jerez

I feel there's a bit of tension growing in this thread guys... let's keep calm and remember that we're all here for the same reason, to support Ferrari and its drivers....
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

Well I think we should all be encouraged by the laptimes set by all the Ferrari powered cars.
    Like Nero confirmed, I too remember the pace of Brawn back in 09 and everyone was writing them off & also Williams pace last year was being played out as a flash in the pan.
    With 1 test down & 2 to go there is little time to make huge gains so lets hope we can find even more pace.
    Looking good & im certain we are in far better shape than last year.

Now that we are finally looking good after years of disappointment, I see that the haters and the doubters are coming back. I like it.

Just for comparison sake...Our top speed on finish line last year in Jerez was 268kph, this year its 281kph and fastest overall was Nasr with 294.2kph.

Last year fastest cars on Jerez were all Mercedes engined cars and fastest of 4 days was Massa with 286kph.

This is what Lauda said last year of the test

Mercedes’ Niki Lauda, however, said there was no sandbagging in the silver camp.

“We went to the limit that we could, as it makes no sense to go deliberately slowly. You learn nothing [from that],” said the multiple F1 World Champion and Mercedes Team Chairman. (GMM)

Does anyone know what kind of stints we did during the test? Were they long stints (20+) medium (10-20) or short (1-10)? Also, what was our speed like over those stints?

Quote Originally Posted by wickedf1 View Post
    Does anyone know what kind of stints we did during the test? Were they long stints (20+) medium (10-20) or short (1-10)? Also, what was our speed like over those stints?
    Mostly short and medium. Nico did longest stint with medium compound (29) and on hard compound (42).

Quote Originally Posted by Nero Horse View Post
    Good for you mate. Don't let anyone quash your optimism. The fact is that no one really knows where we are compared to our comptetitors, at this point it's all just conjecture and speculation, so if you believe that we're in a good position then that's fine. I hope so too, while trying to be cautious and not get over excited just yet.

Quote Originally Posted by darkchild View Post
    Just for comparison sake...Our top speed on finish line last year in Jerez was 268kph, this year its 281kph and fastest overall was Nasr with 294.2kph.

Last year fastest cars on Jerez were all Mercedes engined cars and fastest of 4 days was Massa with 286kph.
    That looks good. Really good.

A not so encouraging analysis for us!!
    http://www.jamesallenonf1.com/2015/0...test-in-jerez/
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

These are not top speeds, just speeds at finish line:

Massa and Bottas are 1.4 sec behind Kimi, all soft tyres, (and 0.4-5 behind Nico, about same time than last year). Did not see that Massa`s best, but when Bottas took softs, he was 1.7 sec faster than his earlier fastest lap.

Quote Originally Posted by gjoko-mkd View Post
    These are not top speeds, just speeds at finish line:

http://i1167.photobucket.com/albums/...ps7923e17c.png
    I did say fastest at finish line. I posted speed traps for all 4 days. Its much improved over last year.

As for James Allen comparison...I seem to remember Vettel doing longer stints as well as Ericsson putting his fastest lap in longer stint. Hopefully we were looking at ERS harvesting and how its depleting as we had problems with that. If not, then problem is still there and thats a bad news.

Ok, did`t read

This was a 10 lap stint by vettel on used medium compound (day 2):
    1:21.8, 1:22.2, 1:22.5, 1:23.2, 1:23.1, 1:23.2, 1:23.4, 1:23.8, 1:23.8 en 1:24.3
    This Hamilton on a 10 lap stint with a (I think) heavier car(medium tire):
    1:24.5, 1:23.6, 1:24.1, 1:24.5, 1:24.6, 1:24.4, 1:24.4, 1:24.7, 1:24.5 en 1:24.7.
    This was Rosberg on a 10 lap stint with a (I think) heavier car (medium tire):
    1:24.6, 1:24.7, 1:24.8, 1:25.0, 1:25.2, 1:25.4, 1:25.8, 1:25.5, 1:25.4 en 1:25.8.
    This Ericsson on a 6 laps stintwith a ( I think) heavier sauber (medium tire):
    1:25.7, 1:25.0, 1:25.4, 1:25.8, 1:25.5 en 1:25.5.

This was Alonso on day three:
    1:35.5, 1:39.2, 1:40.9, 1:41.6, 1:38.5, 1:38.2, 1:37.4, 1:37.8, 1:37.0 en 1:39.6. ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart18 View Post
    This was a 10 lap stint by vettel on used medium compound (day 2):
    1:21.8, 1:22.2, 1:22.5, 1:23.2, 1:23.1, 1:23.2, 1:23.4, 1:23.8, 1:23.8 en 1:24.3
    This Hamilton on a 10 lap stint with a (I think) heavier car(medium tire):
    1:24.5, 1:23.6, 1:24.1, 1:24.5, 1:24.6, 1:24.4, 1:24.4, 1:24.7, 1:24.5 en 1:24.7.
    This was Rosberg on a 10 lap stint with a (I think) heavier car (medium tire):
    1:24.6, 1:24.7, 1:24.8, 1:25.0, 1:25.2, 1:25.4, 1:25.8, 1:25.5, 1:25.4 en 1:25.8.
    This Ericsson on a 6 laps stintwith a ( I think) heavier sauber (medium tire):
    1:25.7, 1:25.0, 1:25.4, 1:25.8, 1:25.5 en 1:25.5.

This was Alonso on day three:
    1:35.5, 1:39.2, 1:40.9, 1:41.6, 1:38.5, 1:38.2, 1:37.4, 1:37.8, 1:37.0 en 1:39.6. ;)
    Thanks. Where did you get those times?

Looks good. Actually, very good. Barca can't come soon enough.