Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: In Vettel, Ferrari may have found a gem

Quote Originally Posted by speedmaster View Post
    I guess what you are saying now about Vettel was also said by someone about Alonso in 2010. I think 5 years is long time to maintain same level of motivation when you give your best and there is no success. I wonder how Vettel would have felt if has faced the same problem. So I don't think it is a driver issue.
    You gotta point. We were all praising Alonso the way we are praising Vettel now. We shall see how Vettel will be mentally after 5 years and no WDC.
    But i guess it will be different with Vettel because he already has 4 WDC's so...but nevertheless of course he is hungry for more.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    You gotta point. We were all praising Alonso the way we are praising Vettel now. We shall see how Vettel will be mentally after 5 years and no WDC.
    But i guess it will be different with Vettel because he already has 4 WDC's so...but nevertheless of course he is hungry for more.
    Are you saying he shall not be getting any more titles in the next 5 years with Ferrari!?!

I guess having 4 titles already and knowing from the get-go that it will take time could make him more patient. But, let's hope we never find out due to him getting lots and lots of new titles with Ferrari as soon as possible

Quote Originally Posted by erinha View Post
    Are you saying he shall not be getting any more titles in the next 5 years with Ferrari!?!

I guess having 4 titles already and knowing from the get-go that it will take time could make him more patient. But, let's hope we never find out due to him getting lots and lots of new titles with Ferrari as soon as possible
    I kind of wrongly expressed myself xD. I meant that we don't know how Vettel will be mentally after 5 years of no WDC. I'm not indicating he wont win any WDC's with Ferrari though, and i really don't want to find out how he will fare mentally after 5 years of not winning a championship of course.

Idea Prophetic Words: Ross Brawn On Sebastian Vettel

Slow car will test Vettel - Brawn

October 11, 2011

Ross Brawn says the true test of Sebastian Vettel's class will come when he is presented with a slower car than that of his rivals.

After Vettel secured back-to-back titles in Japan to become the youngest ever double world champion there has been some debate as to where he ranks among the greats of the sport. Brawn - who helped Michael Schumacher turn Ferrari in to a dominant force in the early 2000s - said that the next challenge would be to display an ability to replicate Schumacher and turn an uncompetitive team in to title challengers.

"For Sebastian, what will come now, which will be an interesting phase of his career, will be when he has not got the best car," Brawn is quoted by Autosport. "I think you have a fantastic driver in the best car, and that combination is unbeatable. It will be interesting to see Sebastian's role, Sebastian's influence, Sebastian's position when perhaps he does not have the best car, he has to make it the best car, and has to create the best car."

Brawn said that the move will come in the future when Vettel finds himself in need of a fresh challenge.

"That will be another chapter of Sebastian Vettel when it comes - and it will come. Perhaps he will make it happen himself, because he will go to another team as he wants them to be successful. And the challenge for Sebastian will be exactly the same as it was for Michael, that you have won two world championships, so what is next? What is the new challenge for me? What is the motivation?

"For Michael the motivation was to go to Ferrari and make that successful. I am sure Sebastian will look at that because everybody thinks Sebastian is doing a great job, but the Red Bull is a fantastic car. His ambition may take him a different direction, who knows?"

http://en.espn.co.uk/f1/motorsport/story/61220.html

Quote Originally Posted by DJTaurus View Post
    I'll see your video, and raise you another video for "Tirendo"....

Nice interview with Vettel posted on Formula 1 website:

Defying his doubts - Q&A with Ferrari’s Sebastian Vettel - 16 Oct 2015
    Forza Ferrari !
    "You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." - Juan Manuel Fangio

Funny moment yesterday, during the traditional "Finali Mondiali" at Mugello...
    The drivers (Vettel, Raikkonen, Genè and Gutierrez) was able to speak to each other via team radio...
    Genè (in italian) made his congratulations to the team for the 2015 season... and Vettel (again in italian) answered: "Non ho capito un cazzo"... which more or less means "I don't understand ****"

Marchionne was there too, he said that the 2016 car is in development from around a year and that he's very happy and proud of the work that has been done.
    He said that we will see a great season next year. Let's hope... personally, I'm confident!
    Last edited by Rob; 10th November 2015 at 07:32.
    Sebastian Vettel | Kimi Räikkönen | SF70H
    Forza Ferrari! | Keep Fighting Michael!

Sorry Mark, but I did not understand a ****.
    Last edited by Rob; 10th November 2015 at 07:31.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PPhfA5XNaE

I saw this the other day which I found enjoyable viewing for Vettel's humour the lack of any from the Mercedes drivers.

Quote Originally Posted by The Architect View Post

I saw this the other day which I found enjoyable viewing for Vettel's humour the lack of any from the Mercedes drivers.
    Epic!
    Sebastian Vettel | Kimi Räikkönen | SF70H
    Forza Ferrari! | Keep Fighting Michael!

This is priceless No humor at all at Merc lol!!!
    Maurizio Arrivabene fanpage:www.facebook.com/maurizioarrivabene

Quote Originally Posted by fratelliferrari View Post
    This is priceless No humor at all at Merc lol!!!
    No humor at all on the grid except for Vettel. He is the only humorous guy on the grid in my opinion. And that douche Jack Whitehall said at the Graham Norton Show that Vettel is a very boring guy...

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    No humor at all on the grid except for Vettel. He is the only humorous guy on the grid in my opinion. And that douche Jack Whitehall said at the Graham Norton Show that Vettel is a very boring guy...
    He might have messed him up with Bottas. Now that's a guy will no sense of humor.
    Vous resterez toujours en nos coeurs, Jules.

so funny.

Has Nico got no sense of humour at all.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    so funny.

Has Nico got no sense of humour at all.
    from his face and the way was taking all so seriously, OBVIOUSLY not...i'm glad Leuise is kicking his *** this season YET again
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Nico's quite a straightforward guy and Hammy is a try-hard. Vettel reminds me of Michael vis-à-vis personality.

Thanks for sharing!

Disappointed Since 2010

Sebastian Vettel has begun his 2016 preparations by driving 2014 Ferrari F14-T at Fiorano

While the regulations strictly forbid testing in a current car, or even using 2016 components or tyres, the FIA is believed to have sanctioned the German taking to the Italian team’s private test track in the 2014 car.

"Testing of Previous Cars (TPC) shall be defined as any track running time, not part of an event, in which a competitor entered in the championship participates (or in which a third party participates on behalf of a competitor or a supplier of a homologated power unit), using cars which were designed and built in order to comply with the 2012, 2013 or 2014 Formula One Technical Regulations," states Article 10.2 of F1's Sporting Regulations.

"No competitor may sell or make available any such car to any third party without the prior authorisation of the FIA. TPC may only be carried out with cars built to the specification of the period and only tyres manufactured specifically for this purpose may be used."

Prior to his on-track activity, Vettel is understood to have spent a day in the Ferrari windtunnel.

Next week the German takes part in the scheduled two-day wet test at Paul Ricard, which will see him drive the 2015 car.

http://www.pitpass.com/55418/Vettel-...ion-at-Fiorano

Edit: YouTube

Last edited by Michelc30; 19th January 2016 at 21:53.

They'd probably be better off giving him a kart to race around the track. What a piece of junk.

Disappointed Since 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Giallo 550 View Post
    They'd probably be better off giving him a kart to race around the track. What a piece of junk.
    Number one rule of Ferrari: never criticize a Ferrari.

yup NOT a good race craft at all that SF14-T....even worse then the F60 back in 2009....at least in 2009 Kimi got a win with the F60 at Spa....

let's hope Ferrari will built a rocket ship with the F2016....oh and i would LOVE if they'd go back to naming its cars that way....
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Quote Originally Posted by TigerKing View Post
    Well said.
    KEEP CALM AND LOVE FERRARI

I love Ferrari as much as the next tifoso, but that car was a mutt. Here's to a 2016 season when Ferrari wins the Driver's Championship and the Constructor's Championship.

Disappointed Since 2010

I love Ferrari as much as the next tifoso, but that car was a mutt. Here's to a 2016 season when Ferrari wins the Driver's Championship and the Constructor's Championship.

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

Quote Originally Posted by TigerKing View Post
    WRONG!!!
    we're number one

I think the number one rule of Ferrari is actually "win."

Disappointed Since 2010

Forza Ferrari !
    "You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." - Juan Manuel Fangio

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari4life View Post
    WRONG!!!
    Why are you screaming? And no, TigerKing is not wrong.

For Ferrari the number one rule may be to "win" but for Ferrari fans the number one rule should be to be behind the team 100% at all times, and not call their cars which hundreds of people have put their heart and soul into designing, building and developing as "a piece of junk" or something even worse. I doubt you would like it if you worked hard at building something and then someone just calls it a "piece of junk". Yes I agree that the F14-T was not exactly one of Ferrari's finest cars, but calling it (or any other Ferrari car) a "piece of junk" is a clear exaggeration, especially when you're a tifoso. There are already too many fanboys of other car brands who get a kick out of mocking Ferrari, so why do it as a Ferrari fan? I really don't understand that at all.
    KEEP CALM AND LOVE FERRARI

Quote Originally Posted by Nero Horse View Post
    Why are you screaming? And no, TigerKing is not wrong.

For Ferrari the number one rule may be to "win" but for Ferrari fans the number one rule should be to be behind the team 100% at all times, and not call their cars which hundreds of people have put their heart and soul into designing, building and developing as "a piece of junk" or something even worse. I doubt you would like it if you worked hard at building something and then someone just calls it a "piece of junk". Yes I agree that the F14-T was not exactly one of Ferrari's finest cars, but calling it (or any other Ferrari car) a "piece of junk" is a clear exaggeration, especially when you're a tifoso. There are already too many fanboys of other car brands who get a kick out of mocking Ferrari, so why do it as a Ferrari fan? I really don't understand that at all.
    A bit melodramatic, no? Being behind the team 100% of the time is watching every race and hoping for a Ferrari 1-2, not blindly supporting sub-mediocrity. I don't "get a kick out of mocking Ferrari." I get a kick out of not being delusional. The car was a ****box, to use Lauda's terminology, and I'm ecstatic to have see it recognized and rectified for the 2015 season.

Disappointed Since 2010