Thread: Australian GP 2015 Live Telecast - Not available in India

Australian GP 2015 Live Telecast - Not available in India

I cant believe this, Star Sport did not air the Qualification of Australian GP today. In India, Star Sports are supposed to provide Live Telecast of Formula 1 races. But today, they did not air the Qualification of the Australian GP.

The worse is yet to come.

They have no plans to air the Season Opener Australian GP Live.

I went through the TV Guide in their site and they did not schedule the Live telecast of Australian GP. This is very bad decisions and I have mailed them, CC the mail to Formula 1 and then send a mail to FIA. The act of Star Sports is like a dictator. They have 4 channels and I have subscribed for all the 4 so that I can watch the races. Now they are not providing me the event I want to see. I request all the Indian viewers in this forum to send such mails to star sports, the Formula 1 and the FIA. Also I request the help of all the Ferrari fans and Formula 1 fans to help the Indian viewers fight against this move of Star Sports. If some one from the Scuderia Ferrari, FIA or Formula1 management is a member of this forum or if some one from the above organization reads this please help us in fighting this bad treatment given to us by Star Sports. This is not good for Formula1 as all over the world the TV viewership is going down and some channels are preventing a large number of viewers from watching the races.

I request Formula1, the teams, the FIA and the general public to force Star Sports provide Live telecast of Races in India.

Below is the copy of mail I send.

Hi,

I would like to know if Star Sports is airing the Formula 1 Australian GP live. I searched the TV guide from the site and cannot find the Live telecast of F1. I have followed F1 from 2000 in Star Sports and now today I was disappointed and also angry because I was not able to see the Qualifying session.

This is not good. I am subscribing for Star Sports via Videocon D2H, but it too disappointing that Star Sports did not respect the Formula 1 races, as a true follower of Formula 1 and as a customer of Star Sports, I need Australian GP to be shown as Live in India. I also see the Star Sports is airing same matches in multiple channel. Please re consider the schedule and provide Australian GP Live. YOU ARE PREVENTING THE F1 FANS FROM WATCHING THE RACE LIVE IN INDIA.

THIS IS REAL SHAME ON STAR SPORTS.

Regards
    Anoop Poradath

Please mail your protest to following e-mails and FIA can be contacted via the site

hello@starsports.com

business@formula1.com

http://www.fia.com/contact-us

Reply from Star Sports - LIVE IS ONLY IN HD

Just now, I got this reply, they say that the race is available in HD not is standard definition channel. Means I cannot see the race LIVE, there are many more people maybe Millions who will not watch the race in India only because of this. I will continue my fight... Will update you all.

Dear Anoop,

Thank you for writing to Star Sports.

The decision to broadcast content on various channels is taken based on the amount of live content available.

With regards to your query, we would like to inform you that we will be broadcasting the Formula 1 sessions as per the below schedule:

- Practice sessions 3 on 14th March 2015 at 05:30 PM (IST) on Star Sports 2 & Star Sports HD 2.

- Qualifying race on 14th March 2015 at 06:30 PM (IST) on Star Sports 2 & Star Sports HD 2.

- Formula 1 Australian Grand Prix Race on 15th March 2015 at 10:30 AM (IST) on Star Sports HD 4.

Also, refer to our TV program schedules by logging to our website tvguide.starsports.com for an updated itinerary of our Sports broadcast.

Thank you for your support.

Warm Regards,

Star Sports Team

I am with you on this. Its effing ridiculous. 4 sports channels in HD by star and all of them are showing that moronic sport (cricket).

But luckily they are airing the race live.
    Silently, like a shadow

oops. I didnt see their response. So its available only on HD?
    If u have no access to HD and are in bangalore, u are welcome to drop in to watch the race.
    Silently, like a shadow

Quote Originally Posted by anoopvp View Post
    I cant believe this, Star Sport did not air the Qualification of Australian GP today. In India, Star Sports are supposed to provide Live Telecast of Formula 1 races. But today, they did not air the Qualification of the Australian GP.

The worse is yet to come.

They have no plans to air the Season Opener Australian GP Live.

I went through the TV Guide in their site and they did not schedule the Live telecast of Australian GP. This is very bad decisions and I have mailed them, CC the mail to Formula 1 and then send a mail to FIA. The act of Star Sports is like a dictator. They have 4 channels and I have subscribed for all the 4 so that I can watch the races. Now they are not providing me the event I want to see. I request all the Indian viewers in this forum to send such mails to star sports, the Formula 1 and the FIA. Also I request the help of all the Ferrari fans and Formula 1 fans to help the Indian viewers fight against this move of Star Sports. If some one from the Scuderia Ferrari, FIA or Formula1 management is a member of this forum or if some one from the above organization reads this please help us in fighting this bad treatment given to us by Star Sports. This is not good for Formula1 as all over the world the TV viewership is going down and some channels are preventing a large number of viewers from watching the races.

I request Formula1, the teams, the FIA and the general public to force Star Sports provide Live telecast of Races in India.

Below is the copy of mail I send.

Hi,

I would like to know if Star Sports is airing the Formula 1 Australian GP live. I searched the TV guide from the site and cannot find the Live telecast of F1. I have followed F1 from 2000 in Star Sports and now today I was disappointed and also angry because I was not able to see the Qualifying session.

This is not good. I am subscribing for Star Sports via Videocon D2H, but it too disappointing that Star Sports did not respect the Formula 1 races, as a true follower of Formula 1 and as a customer of Star Sports, I need Australian GP to be shown as Live in India. I also see the Star Sports is airing same matches in multiple channel. Please re consider the schedule and provide Australian GP Live. YOU ARE PREVENTING THE F1 FANS FROM WATCHING THE RACE LIVE IN INDIA.

THIS IS REAL SHAME ON STAR SPORTS.

Regards
    Anoop Poradath

Please mail your protest to following e-mails and FIA can be contacted via the site

hello@starsports.com

business@formula1.com

http://www.fia.com/contact-us

Thee TV Guide on the Star Sports website shows the Australian GP Live Telecast against Star Sports HD 4 channel.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormsearcher View Post
    If u have no access to HD and are in bangalore, u are welcome to drop in to watch the race.
    Hi, thanks for the shout out which part of BLR do you live in, just got the update that its available only on HD..

ulsoor. you?
    Silently, like a shadow

I am in Kerala, so this time I will watch the race online so will have to find out a streaming site... Thanks for the invite..

ulsoor. you?
    I live in Jyngr, I guess i will pass this time, would you have any link to the live stream?

Kerala? I think my brother is working here this week. It's curious that broadcast only in HD, uses more bandwidth and an HD receiver can see a SD channel, but not the counter. Use the dark side of Internet...search "simpletv"...or buy an HD receiver!

I am with you on this. Its effing ridiculous. 4 sports channels in HD by star and all of them are showing that moronic sport (cricket).

But luckily they are airing the race live.
    I think its unfair to label a sport moronic just because you dont care for it. To that you are labeling all cricket fans morons. I am sure some of them would probably say the same of your for following F1. From the way F1 races are anymore I would have a hard time disagreeing with them. There is more action in a cricket test match than there is in a f1 race anymore.
    Last edited by ferrari4life; 16th March 2015 at 14:50.
    we're number one

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari4life View Post
    There is more action in a cricket test match than there is in a f1 race anymore.

Definitely this weekend

Hopefully those Merc's misplace a con rod through an engine block come next race. They can't have it all their own way.