Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Bahrain Grand Prix 2015 - Free Practice Thread

How do we look mates and matesses?

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

Quote Originally Posted by Kyss4k View Post
    That's not necessarilly true. We can bring new, updated ICE, if it will be ready for Barca and use it there. The engine, we will race this weekend then can be used on tracks, which are not so engine dependant. You can swith between power units as you wish.
    Yes, I guess the upgraded engine is installed when originally planned, but we need to use this(new) current engine in races where top speed isn't the key factor.

The thing that worries me is the reason to this engine change.

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso View Post
    How do we look mates and matesses?
    Red and beautiful We are very fast also, especially in race speed.

So no penalties for Seb and Kimi then?
    KEEP CALM AND LOVE FERRARI

Not sure why people are bothered about using a new engine this race? It's pretty much common practice to alternate the engines race by race and not run the same engine for 4/5 races in a row. Older engines get used in practice.
    Forza Ferrari

Ok so no penalties for Seb and Kimi, that is great, but did Seb also get a reprimand or only Kimi?

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Not sure why people are bothered about using a new engine this race? It's pretty much common practice to alternate the engines race by race and not run the same engine for 4/5 races in a row. Older engines get used in practice.
    If the plan was to introduce new spec engine after this race, this change is not a good thing. Now we have only 2 upgraded engines instead of 3. And if the rumors about fractures in the block are true, we may have to use also this engine less than was planned to.

Quote Originally Posted by Nero Horse View Post
    Ok so no penalties for Seb and Kimi, that is great, but did Seb also get a reprimand or only Kimi?
    Kimi only and I think that Lewis got away with nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter View Post
    If the plan was to introduce new spec engine after this race, this change is not a good thing. Now we have only 2 upgraded engines instead of 3. And if the rumors about fractures in the block are true, we may have to use also this engine less than was planned to.
    So you can't upgrade your older engines?
    Forza Ferrari

Kimi only and I think that Lewis got away with nothing.
    Ok, thanks for clearing that up.

Yes, I guess the upgraded engine is installed when originally planned, but we need to use this(new) current engine in races where top speed isn't the key factor.

The thing that worries me is the reason to this engine change.
    If 5 engines are agreed nothing changes. Use 2nd engine here for Fridays then 15 races on 3 updated engines so 5 each whuch was the pkan pre season for everyone.

I hope that this will come to nothing.

http://adamcooperf1.com/2015/04/17/v...-grid-penalty/
    Forever Ferrari

One team has notified FIA of the fact that the wheel might be loose so they are going to look into that tomorrow and react accordingly

Quote Originally Posted by darkchild View Post
    One team has notified FIA of the fact that the wheel might be loose so they are going to look into that tomorrow and react accordingly
    Prepare for the worst guys
    #PrayforMH370 #KeepFightingSchumi

Quote Originally Posted by darkchild View Post
    Not hard to guess which team it was that notified FIA. 99,9% certain it was Merc.

Yea it will most likely be unsafe release...Im willing to bet thats Merc that notified FIA. Grid penalty or not, Williams and RBs wouldnt be ahead even if we start from pit lane.

But I kinda doubt its Merc. They want competition and are happy that we are right there. For the good of F1! Like that time when they gave in season development as well! /s

Cant stand this smug faced liars.

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    So you can't upgrade your older engines?
    Can you put new parts to used engine? That would take the point off the whole 4 engines/year rule, or am I wrong?

Damn that Mercules! We have precedent on our side, if Kimi got away with that, so must Seb!

Quote Originally Posted by fronaldo View Post
    Prepare for the worst guys
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but there aren't park ferme rules in effect during free practice. If a wheel was loose, wouldn't the team just tighten the wheel nuts tonight? I mean, I can't see Ferrari knowing leaving evidence like that for the stewards to find. And with Vettel claiming a brake issue, wouldn't the team's first logical action be to remove the wheel to investigate?

Unless the cars were immediately impounded, I see this as a non-issue that can't be verified after the fact.

I agree, they have to prove it not the other way around.

Did anyone see a wobbling tire?

There was no wobbling but it still could be that they didnt tighten it good enough like in Australia. At least there Kimi was imediately stopped, unlike here where the crash occured. I do think they would see loose wheel on the telemetry but yea...They will have to prove it anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by DelMar View Post
    I agree, they have to prove it not the other way around.

Did anyone see a wobbling tire?
    Well there is this video on twitter: https://pbs.twimg.com/tweet_video/CCzsYNYWgAEpXwI.mp4

Don't know if the stewards can prove anything with that. Hopefully they can't.

Vettels on board camera view of the incident. Neither of his front wheels look like they are not secured, there's no sign of any wobbling or vibration as he drives along.

Mercedes must be scared indeed if they're trying to get him a penalty over this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRpUNpOmHxU

I like the fact that Merc fans were all"bring everything you got!!!" whole pre season long and now they are pedestrian all of the sudden "Well if rules say its unsafe release..."

Anthony Rowlinson ‏@Rowlinson_F1
    Spent a lot of time today shooting this beauty for @F1Racing_mag #Ferrari #SF15-T #BahrainGP2015
    Attachment 6324
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

I'm sure they will get to the bottom of the wheel and safe or unsafe release thing. If we did an unsafe release then we should be penalized. The good bit is Merc are clearly scared of us and our performance. Even better if we are doing this with our original PU spec, we have tokens up our sleeve and can be faster than Merc in races. If we can win titles with this PU then I say keep the tokens until the very end of the year and combine them with our next years tokens and make a super jump that no-one can match. Sounds good to me

If there is a penalty say grid positions lets watch the ferrari fly they are all in emense shock at the ferrari progress we have cards up our sleeve and merc and co cant see them watch out merc we will be all over you like a rash then pass you.

According to Gazzeta..new updated PU will be delayed to Canada..It will have new pistons,camshafts and combustion chamber and it will took about 4/5 tokens from 10 available..2nd PU updated will be brought at Monza..And Shell also developed new fuel that will should gain 20/30 hp and equaling Mercedes 830hp..

Credits to https://twitter.com/LorenzoDL83 and https://twitter.com/Gianlu_DAle
    #PrayforMH370 #KeepFightingSchumi

FIA is not investigating it. It was suggested by rival teams to Fia that it might have been a mistake(Wheel loose). Dont think the stewards said anything about it
    Last edited by Fer12; 18th April 2015 at 06:46.

Quote Originally Posted by Fer12 View Post
    FIA is not investigating it. It was suggested by rival teams to Fia that it might have been a misfire. Dont think the stewards said anything about it
    Source?