Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Le-Mans 2015

A difficult week so far for the teams I'll be following.. Hopefully if it comes to the worst, Porsche can hold on for 24 hours and win.

Quote Originally Posted by The Architect View Post
    A difficult week so far for the teams I'll be following.. Hopefully if it comes to the worst, Porsche can hold on for 24 hours and win.

Just hope they don't do a Pug from few years ago. Turn up loads of pace. But turned out to be very fragile. I got loads of press releases to put up. Will do later before race start after I slept abit after work.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

ASTON MARTIN QUALIFIES ON POLE FOR THE 24 HOURS OF LE MANS

• Aston Martin Racing has qualified on pole for the 24 Hours of Le Mans
    • Richie Stanaway sets the fastest lap in the #99 Vantage GTE
    • The #98 Vantage GTE qualifies on pole in the GTE AM class

11 June, Le Mans: Aston Martin Racing has qualified on pole in both GT classes of the 2015 24 Hours of Le Mans with its #99 and #98 V8 Vantage GTEs.

It might have been his first time racing at the world-famous Circuit de la Sarthe, but Le Mans ‘rookie’ Richie Stanaway (NZ) was quick to impress, posting the fastest lap and putting the #99 on pole.

“That was the start we were looking for, but there’s still a lot of work to do to win the race,” commented Stanaway. “The car feels great and we’re all on top form so we just need to bring it all together on Saturday.”

But it wasn’t only Stanaway who took pole position for Saturday’s 24-hour endurance event. In the GTE Am class, Pedro Lamy (PT) set the fastest time in the #98 Vantage GTE and will start from third place overall in the GT race.

The #97 Vantage GTE will start from third in the PRO class and the #95 Young Driver AMR entry will start from fifth. The #96 Gulf Racing car will start from twelfth in the GTE AM class.

The 82nd 24 Hours of Le Mans starts at 1500hrs on Saturday 13 June.

24 Hours of Le Mans GTE qualifying results:

#99 GTE PRO – P1 overall / P1 in class
    #97 GTE PRO – P3 overall / P3 in class
    #98 GTE AM – P4 overall / P1 in class
    #95 GTE PRO – P6 overall / P5 in class
    #96 GTE AM - P21 overall / P12 in class

- ENDS -

NEWS ALERT
    Le Mans - 12 June 2015
    Hello Mr Robert Allum,

FORD TO MAKE WEC DEBUT IN 2016 RETURN TO ENDURANCE RACING

Ford announced today it is returning to one of the most prestigious automobile races in the world with its new Ford GT race car, based on the all-new ultra-high-performance supercar that goes on sale next year.

The Ford GT race car will compete in the 24 Hours of Le Mans – referred to by many as the Grand Prix of Endurance and Efficiency – starting next year. Revealed today at the famous circuit in Le Mans, France, Ford GT will compete in the Le Mans GT Endurance class for professional teams and drivers (LM GTE Pro)..

Listening to radiolemans the other day. Dr Ullrich saying the speeds are knowing getting too high for safety. Corning speeds of the Audis are 280kph. Thats massive.

The GT40 looks like our #51 and #71 cars. I at the moment dont like it.

2015 24 Hours of Le Mans Let the show begin!

A few hours from the start of the 83rd edition of the 24 Hours of Le Mans, which will be given tomorrow at 3:00 p.m., everything is coming together to put on the show. In view of the qualifying sessions, the battle on the track will be fierce, but the celebration will also be around the circuit to the delight of spectators.

Optimal conditions indicate a very fast start to the race. Among the four manufacturers entered in the LM P1 class, Porsche, Audi and Toyota seem the best-prepared to succeed. Nissan, whose official return to the top class is primarily looking to finish with its three cars, the No. 21, 22 and 23. At a circuit whose safety features were once again reinforced over the winter, the 165 qualified drivers are getting ready for high-level competition. Though history is not decided in advance, the results of the qualifying sessions do provide some indications. In a lap, Porsche is undeniably the fastest. The Audi R18 e-tron quattros aren’t far behind and will certainly know how to take advantage of the experience garnered these last 16 years to make up for the slight time deficit recorded Wednesday and Thursday. Toyota, world champion, is definitely in the underdog position, but will count on unflinching reliability to try and upstage its adversaries.

Among the surprises during qualifying was namely the withdrawal of American Corvette Racing’s No. 63 Chevrolet Corvette C7.R. Corvette is still in the game though with two of these impressive GTs. The No. 64 the team officially entered in LM GTE Pro and the No. 50 entered in LM GTE Am by the French team Larbre Compétition.

The day before the start, barring an unlikely upset, it looks like the highest step on the podium will go to one of the eight driver line-ups representing Porsche, Audi and Toyota.

After the first two rounds (Silverstone, Spa-Francorchamps) of the FIA World Endurance Championship (WEC), Test Day and the two practice evenings, Audi looks solid and Porsche full of drive. Toyota knows it is slower but is not throwing in the towel. Porsche, whose three cars achieved exceptional performances, is already reaping the rewards of the intense work begun in 2011 for the German marque’s return to the highest level of world endurance racing. The No. 18 and No. 17 cars are already in the record books for having beaten the previous lap record dating back to 2008 at qualifying. The prize went to Neel Jani in the No. 18 in 3:16:887. Porsche could win but knows to remain humble in the face of Audi’s experience all while not underestimating Toyota’s capabilities.

The question of longevity goes to Nissan, the fourth big manufacturer entered in the top class. Having been delayed in their schedule, the new No. 21, 22 and 23 Nissan GTR-LM NISMOs taking part in their first race of the season did not have the pace needed to hope to figure well at the qualifying sessions without compromising their presence on the track. Another underwhelming performance to set aside belongs to one of the private cars, Team ByKOLLES’ No. 4 CLM P1/01, just like Pierre Perret’s in the No. 45 Oreca 03R in LM P2. The drivers of these five cars having been unable to reach the minimum required to qualify, will start the race behind all the other cars in their classes, as specified in Article 68 B 2.8.2 of the regulations.

With 19 cars representing six marques of chassis (Oreca, Morgan, Ligier, Gibson, BR and Dome) and three engine providers (Nissan, Judd, Honda), the LM P2 class is looking quite competitive. We will observe closely the exploits of Belgian driver Laurens Vanthor who would like to add another level to his career in prototypes, and also the return of great motorsports hopefuls such as Turvey, Estre, Evans, Lancaster, Chatin, Webb, Derani and Roussel along with established drivers like Bird, Minassian, Aleshin, Watts, Kane and Sharp, to bring the race to breakneck speeds…It remains to be seen which driver line-up will be able to roll fast at length.

In Grand Touring Pro, the race is up for grabs between the title-holder Ferrari, Aston Martin, Porsche and Corvette. After the free practice sessions, the Brits and the Italians were the fastest, in GTE Pro as well as in GTE Am, but the differences are minimal. As was the case last year, the win in the two classes could play out like a magnificent ballet.

Note that like the drivers of the No. 4, 21, 22, 23 and 45 cars, Olivier Beretta in the No. 71 Ferrari and Han Chen Chen in the No. 68 Porsche, have been approved to take part in the warm-up and the race. These cars will start from the back of the starting grid with the fastest driver of the line-up in question.

The public will be able to relish in an exceptionally exciting 83rd edition with 55 high-quality cars that Bill Ford will have the great honour of setting free by lowering the checkered flag on Saturday at 3:00 p.m.

FORD: the return!

What better to launch this edition than to jump ahead to 2016, as the day before the start, on Friday, June 12th, Ford officially announced its big return to the 24 Hours of Le Mans by presenting a Ford GT, considered the successor to the model that in 2016 will celebrate the 50th anniversary of its win. Four units of this superb GT would thus swell the already well-stocked ranks in the LM GTE class at the next 24 Hours of Le Mans.

Pierre Fillon, ACO President: « On the cusp of experiencing a new edition of the 24 Hours of Le Mans by all accounts exceptional, it is with great pleasure we welcome Ford’s return. To watch this great manufacturer enter in the 24 Hours of Le Mans, the year of the 50th anniversary of its victory here is also extraordinary. This new Ford GT will join the competition with the most wonderful GTs currently on the planet belonging to Aston Martin, Corvette, Ferrari and Porsche. The race will be even more fantastic. »

MANAGING THE SLEEP OF RACING DRIVERS.

This is the end of our series on the physical conditions of a driver; the management of his night and sleep. The driver from the Rebellion R-One-AER No. 12, Mathias Beche, tells us his secrets!

"One week before the 24 Hours of Le Mans I try to sleep for eight hours per night if I can," he said. "But as we are all very excited before Le Mans, it’s not always very easy! In general, I sleep well. I prefer to go back to the hotel as I wish to be in a comfortable and quiet place to recharge my batteries. Moreover, trying to go to sleep isn’t always easy at testing, especially if I was the one driving last. Adrenaline is still at its peak…

"During the race, it’s different. When I get out of the car, you must debrief, eat and get massaged after each stine! For example, in 2013, I was able to sleep for 45 minutes. This year, I’m hoping to get a little more sleep! »

Iam getting nervous here! Only 2 hours to go now
    Maurizio Arrivabene fanpage:www.facebook.com/maurizioarrivabene

Quote Originally Posted by fratelliferrari View Post
    Iam getting nervous here! Only 2 hours to go now
    same here my friend.

Will send you message in minute.

Going to be hard fight. And amazing race this year.

quick catch up. Porsche showing good speed, out leading but #7 Audi is taking the fight to them.

#92 Porsche out with blown engine, SC came out. So far #51 is 2nd in GTE Pro, #71 is 7th.

James in #71 just take two places on run down to Indy, really good move.

James taking inside out of Mulsanne corner

Get those Astons out of the way, please, and I so wish Ferrari were in LMP1, guess that's too much to hope for but with Ford returning, maybe the old duel will resume.....?

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    Just hope they don't do a Pug from few years ago. Turn up loads of pace. But turned out to be very fragile. I got loads of press releases to put up. Will do later before race start after I slept abit after work.
    They seem to be doing well so far. Otherwise, the race is worse than I could have hoped for. Toyota are nowhere and Nissan are pulling a McLaren.

Whatever happened to the Geordie commentator? These guys on the official stream are so sterile and dull.

They seem to be doing well so far. Otherwise, the race is worse than I could have hoped for. Toyota are nowhere and Nissan are pulling a McLaren.

Whatever happened to the Geordie commentator? These guys on the official stream are so sterile and dull.
    go to radiolemans.com and listen live. Thats what i have in earphones. Porsche, going well so far. Great fighting at front, and in the GTE. Great to see the SMP running at front of GTE AM, met them all at Silverstone, great bunch. Hope #51 can claw back to front.

Dont like doing it, but fingers crossed for doom and gloom to enter the Aston pits and Vette pit (again)

TOYOTA GAZOO RACING: LE MANS 24 HOURS UPDATE 1
    Saturday 13 June 2015

TOYOTA GAZOO Racing made a clean start to the 83rd Le Mans 24 Hours, running in seventh and eighth as the third round of the World Endurance Championship approached its fourth hour.

The race began in perfect conditions, with bright sunshine and air temperatures of 20°C at the Circuit de la Sarthe.

Sébastien Buemi, who shares the #1 TS040 HYBRID with Anthony Davidson and Kazuki Nakajima, took the start from eighth and immediately overtook Alex Wurz in the #2.

After the opening hour, a pattern had emerged with both TS040 HYBRIDs making steady progress, although the leading Porsche and Audis were edging clear. The gap was significantly reduced when a three-car incident further down the field brought out the safety car at the one-hour mark.

Twelve minutes later, the racing resumed and the two TOYOTAs continued the fight, lapping consistently and cleanly dealing with the lapped cars.

After three stints on the slick Michelin tyres, and with a gap of half a lap to the leader, Sébastien handed the #1 over to Anthony in seventh place. Alex did likewise in the #2, with Stéphane taking the wheel in eighth.

TS040 HYBRID #1 (Anthony Davidson, Sébastien Buemi, Kazuki Nakajima)
    Grid: 8th

Sébastien Buemi: “It’s always a special experience to take the start at Le Mans and I could fight a bit on the first lap. We did three stints on the tyres to start with. Obviously we were not able to match the pace of the Audis and Porsches but we expected that and there’s no panic for us. We are doing our best and we will see in the next few hours how the race takes shape.”

TS040 HYBRID #2 (Alex Wurz, Stéphane Sarrazin, Mike Conway)
    Grid: 7th

Alex Wurz: “It was not an easy stint for me. The car balance wasn’t perfect; it was lively on the rear so I was struggling to carry speed in the fast corners. On the out lap of my last stint, someone dropped a lot of oil which covered my windscreen so I could hardly see. I lost a lot of time in traffic. We decided to keep going until the end just to stay with our strategy, but it was frustrating. However, it’s only the first stage of a long race.”

Ah, that's much better. Apart from the jingles, it's much compelling to listen to.

Ah, that's much better. Apart from the jingles, it's much compelling to listen to.
    alot better, and more informative. When you trackside, these guys are what you will hear.

Went for sleep at 01.00am, wake up at 06.30am, forgot set alarm. Only wanted 2 hours sleep, but great news #51 is leading GTE Pro. My little girl Keira excited about that now.

Scuderia Corsa 24 Hours of Le Mans Update - Hour 16

June 14, 2015 (Le Mans, France) - Color has returned to the sky above the Circuit de la Sarthe, and as the 83rd 24 Hours of Le Mans neared its final hours, the no. 62 Scuderia Corsa Ferrari 458 Italia continued to contend for a podium position in the GT-Am class.

Bill Sweedler, Townsend Bell and Jeff Segal cycled through the Ferrari as the race went from daylight, to dusk, to midnight, and then through sunrise. While the Ferrari ran as high as third position during the night, when Bell got back behind the wheel at 7:02 AM local time the Ferrari was fourth but closing on the final podium position.

The rookies at Le Mans - both the Scuderia Corsa team as well as it's all-American driver line up - have enjoyed a relatively trouble-free run through sixteen hours of competition as the top five cars in class are separated by a mere two laps.

Jeff Segal
    It was good. The car seems like it came alive. In the beginning of the race we struggled a little bit with an imbalance in the handling, but our pace was okay, and then in these conditions with these tires it was definitely better. There were some tricky conditions - we had some safety car, some slow zones, and some accidents that left debris all over the racetrack so at this point in the race it is very much about survival. You come around a corner and the exit is covered in gravel and you had no notice, so you have to be smart and be fast. It seems like one by one people are starting to have problems and it's our job not to be one of those.

Townsend Bell
    I just applied what I learned from the first stint and I think the average pace improved a little bit. I am still learning the tires and the tire wear and just learning what to anticipate but I feel like I'm getting to learn the track pretty well now. I keep learning from other cars around me - an inch here, and inch there - so it's starting to feel pretty comfortable. But we got up to third and there's a long ways to go so we'll try to hang on.

Bill Sweedler
    Le Mans is a magical place! I drove into the dark last night, and then I drove into the light today. It's a pretty magic time, both of them. We are pinching ourselves, still running within the top four in GT-Am, and there's about ten hours to go. We have a Petit Le Mans left to run, and let's see what happens!

1 and 3 in GTE Pro at moment.

Not anymore :(

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    Listening to radiolemans the other day. Dr Ullrich saying the speeds are knowing getting too high for safety. Corning speeds of the Audis are 280kph. Thats massive.

I watched a bit not all so far ... but much more exiting than any other F1 race since Hungary 2014
    Especially the close fight from Porsche and Audi ... the speed of the cars in the dark looked so awesome and frighting at once ...

It is time for Ferrari to come back to LMP1 ... Audi is beatable ... Porsche proved it

all thumbs holding for GTE Pro ....
    "If I was driving for Red Bull [from 2008] probably I would have more championships, but because they were dominating between 2010 and 2014 probably I would never have driven for Ferrari. I am very happy and very proud to drive for Ferrari, all my time there.

Quote Originally Posted by Senna4Ever View Post

I watched a bit not all so far ... but much more exiting than any other F1 race since Hungary 2014
    Especially the close fight from Porsche and Audi ... the speed of the cars in the dark looked so awesome and frighting at once ...

It is time for Ferrari to come back to LMP1 ... Audi is beatable ... Porsche proved it

all thumbs holding for GTE Pro ....
    Ferrari, got an F1 team. So that will never happen unless we leave F1. Or, someone like AF Corse do LMP1, but that will never happen. As need full factory backing to race at the front. But, then, look at Nissan. How far behind and surprised they are at their pace.

Still going to get a double AF Corse podium. Not top step but never mind, been heck of a race and fight. The silver lining, The #63 isnr in WEC. And our main rivals in WEC, are behind us on track.