Page 1 of 16 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: SF-15T Development and news Thead, part2 Sorry.

SF-15T Development and news Thead, part2 Sorry.

Im starting this, as yesterday a made a grave mistake while deleting spam threads, i deleted the SF-15T development thread. Was not paying attention as my little boy was playing up and trying to press buttons on the laptop.

I can not apologise enough for the mistake.

Veramente dispiaciuto, e stato il mio stupido errore

(Edit)
    Just seen this, only one thing springs to mind...

At least it wasn't me...!
    Last edited by Tobes; 3rd August 2015 at 14:11.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

No worries mate. That thread was getting a bit heavy and now as we move to the second half of the season where we could be stronger, a new thread is most welcome!
    #KeepFightingMichael | #CiaoJules

So anything new for the new thread

All I'm going to add to this thread is a request that we keep it about Ferrari and not Lewis Hamilton and the clothes he wears please :)
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    All I'm going to add to this thread is a request that we keep it about Ferrari and not Lewis Hamilton and the clothes he wears please :)

I always assumed there would be a restore function for that. Guess not. I hope this is an auspicious sign that we are going to witness another performance leap after the summer break.

Far from perfect but if needed you can read the first 60 pages (until March 27th) of the previous thread here. http://web.archive.org/web/201503151...ws-and-updates

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    Im starting this, as yesterday a made a grave mistake while deleting spam threads, i deleted the SF-15T development thread. Was not paying attention as my little boy was playing up and trying to press buttons on the laptop.

I can not apologise enough for the mistake.

Veramente dispiaciuto, e stato il mio stupido errore

I am always against sharing car upgrades and news although there are lots of information everywhere and I think it was 2014 that I expressed it. Anyway your son is very wise and has realized my points unlike you
    ||||||||||||||||||||||

Quote Originally Posted by AfterLife View Post
    I am always against sharing car upgrades and news although there are lots of information everywhere and I think it was 2014 that I expressed it. Anyway your son is very wise and has realized my points unlike you
    you having a dig at me?

you having a dig at me?
    Oh dear, how on earth I am insulting you? Are you joking?!
    ||||||||||||||||||||||

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    Quite agree, enough about HAM, and good idea to start again for part 2 of the season. Non c'e problema, Rob!

Oh dear, how on earth I am insulting you? Are you joking?!
    Not insulting. People want to know and talk about our car and possible upgrades. If you dont like it, dont read the thread.

Not insulting. People want to know and talk about our car and possible upgrades. If you dont like it, dont read the thread.
    You are confusing my jokes with some horrible thoughts.
    ||||||||||||||||||||||

Thanks Rob!!No worries at all!!!Lets hope we can fill another 100 pages with good news about the upgrades of our beautiful car!!!!!
    Last edited by PURE PASSION; 31st July 2015 at 21:29.
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

You are confusing my jokes with some horrible thoughts.

I just hope that this win has given them the push and incentive to go harder - they had a good day and the Mercs a bad day. The more good days we have, the more likely the Mercs will trip up and have bad days as a result. Normally the Mercs are good at overtaking, but the cars they were chasing weren't exactly slow, hence the struggle.

There's an air of confidence at Ferrari atm, which is surprising considering their poor performances at where they should have been quicker. What do they know that's in the pipeline? Is it in either the ICE, MGK, MGH, Shell fuel, suspension, nose, or aero, or a bit of all? Like all the top teams, Ferrari have a legion researchers plugging away constantly trying to come up with solutions and improvements - it's a matter of chipping away non-stop to achieve supremacy, and there's no reason why that cannot be achieved. The funds, the people and the will are all there to achieve their goals. I'm suspecting the biggest gain to be had is in the MGK and energy storage - if they've found something special here, then it would be of no surprise that they are optimistic right now!

On the side note, when Raikkonen's engine had to be restarted did you guys hear the sound it made? It was absolutely wonderful! It sounded like the LMP1 cars whilst they are braking but somehow slightly different. I haven't heard a Mercedes engine, Honda or Renault sound like that when it shuts down and I don't recall hearing that sound before either.
    Perhaps that means there was an improvement in the MGU-K but it malfunctioned on Raikkonen's car?
    *speculation*speculation*
    Vous resterez toujours en nos coeurs, Jules.

Anyone seen what shoes Lewis was wearing at the Hungaroring?

Quote Originally Posted by TigerKing View Post
    On the side note, when Raikkonen's engine had to be restarted did you guys hear the sound it made? It was absolutely wonderful! It sounded like the LMP1 cars whilst they are braking but somehow slightly different. I haven't heard a Mercedes engine, Honda or Renault sound like that when it shuts down and I don't recall hearing that sound before either.
    Perhaps that means there was an improvement in the MGU-K but it malfunctioned on Raikkonen's car?
    It's almost the same as the beginning of last year,so (unfortunately)i dont think its something special!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

It sounded like a turbine spinning down to me!

Most likely they were using the turbo to discharge any power that was left in the batteries before the car was safe to touch.

When will be the next update?
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by fmatiasii View Post
    When will be the next update?
    For the PU ,it has been written that in Monza we we will use the 4th one ,in which we will use the most or all the tokens left!!!!For the chassis,there is no special news and the team said that we will bring small updates in every race!!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    For the PU ,it has been written that in Monza we we will use the 4th one ,in which we will use the most or all the tokens left!!!!For the chassis,there is no special news and the team said that we will bring small updates in every race!!!!
    Or even Spa

Benson seems to suggest that the downturn in form was due to updated fuel flow regs. If that is the case, any PU updates cannot come soon enough. Spa and Monza will both be write-offs otherwise and we'll inevitably be left with Mercedes romping away at the front with another crisis of conscience for Williams behind.

Quote Originally Posted by The Architect View Post
    Benson seems to suggest that the downturn in form was due to updated fuel flow regs. If that is the case, any PU updates cannot come soon enough. Spa and Monza will both be write-offs otherwise and we'll inevitably be left with Mercedes romping away at the front with another crisis of conscience for Williams behind.
    Anti Ferrari Benson, would take what he says with pinch of salt.

More like a pound than a pinch. He is anti Ferrari at every opertunity, and only accepts they are competitive when they win. Kept telling the world how Williams was faster than Ferrari all pre-season. I used to follow him on twitter, but after a year of his constant bashing Ferrari I stopped. There is no evidence that Ferrari had to change its fuel system. And after winning at Hungary, which is clearly more a chassis track than a power track, he is still bashing the Ferrari chassis:

"Hugely impressive progress on the engine since 2014 has underlined just how much work still needs to be done on the chassis to get it near the best."

Did he not see both Ferrari pulling away from Rosberg last week?

And in this passage he shows his true colors. His description of the McLaren chassis:

"It's not a Mercedes, but it is up there in the region of Red Bull/Toro Rosso/Ferrari among the best of the rest. There have been too many gearbox problems, though."

So the McLaren chassis, which was LAPPED by Ferrari at a little over 1/2 race distance in Hungary, is 'among the best of the rest' ???? Clearly he is biased to the point of delusional.
    Last edited by f300v10; 3rd August 2015 at 12:37.

Quote Originally Posted by Ste View Post
    Anyone seen what shoes Lewis was wearing at the Hungaroring?
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

Quote Originally Posted by f300v10 View Post
    His description of the McLaren chassis:

"It's not a Mercedes, but it is up there in the region of Red Bull/Toro Rosso/Ferrari among the best of the rest. There have been too many gearbox problems, though."

So the McLaren chassis, which was LAPPED by Ferrari at a little over 1/2 race distance in Hungary, is 'among the best of the rest' ???? Clearly he is biased to the point of delusional.
    It is certainly possible the McLaren chassis is very good, but the Honda engine (and gearbox) are clearly far from competitive, the only way we'll ever actually know how good is to put a Mercedes engine in the McLaren, which will obviously never happen...
    McLaren may be in a similar situation to Red Bull, I don't believe for a moment that Newey has suddenly designed a poor car, but the Renault engine is not good, even the best chassis on the grid is no good without the rest of the package...

Quote Originally Posted by f300v10 View Post
    More like a pound than a pinch. He is anti Ferrari at every opertunity, and only accepts they are competitive when they win. Kept telling the world how Williams was faster than Ferrari all pre-season. I used to follow him on twitter, but after a year of his constant bashing Ferrari I stopped. There is no evidence that Ferrari had to change its fuel system. And after winning at Hungary, which is clearly more a chassis track than a power track, he is still bashing the Ferrari chassis:

"Hugely impressive progress on the engine since 2014 has underlined just how much work still needs to be done on the chassis to get it near the best."

Did he not see both Ferrari pulling away from Rosberg last week?

And in this passage he shows his true colors. His description of the McLaren chassis:

Exactly alonso in free air was 45 seconds behind vettel at lap 14 if i remember.
    Red bull and williams were clearly out of pace.
    Mclaren and red bull firmly believes their chassis Is on par With Ferrari.
    More practical to blame renault and honda.
    But the really integrated structures like ours or mercedes will only succeded because the need for homogeneity has never be so high between engine and chassis.

Quote Originally Posted by jpalmito View Post
    Exactly alonso in free air was 45 seconds behind vettel at lap 14 if i remember.
    Red bull and williams were clearly out of pace.
    Mclaren and red bull firmly believes their chassis Is on par With Ferrari.
    More practical to blame renault and honda.
    But the really integrated structures like ours or mercedes will only succeded because the need for homogeneity has never be so high between engine and chassis.
    I'm thinking it will be Mercedes vs Ferrari for a long time to come until Renault makes their factory team and/or Honda gets their act together. In all reality, customer teams (like Red Bull) will never win a championship against the engine supplier's factory team. Abandoning Renault costed them their only chance to become world champions again.
    Vous resterez toujours en nos coeurs, Jules.