Page 1 of 12 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Italian Grand Prix 2015- Free Practices and Qualifying

Italian Grand Prix 2015- Free Practices and Qualifying

For our home races..I made this thread..
    #PrayforMH370 #KeepFightingSchumi

2015 Italian GP: Free Practice Thread

FerrariSteve Guest
    I can't find any stream.. Not happy, love this track so much :(

FerrariSteve Guest
    Doesn't work for me (just directs me to an Amazon ad) but thank you anyway. :)

#PrayforMH370 #KeepFightingSchumi

There is a glitch in the timing screen.
    The for Hamilton 1:25:653 should be 1:26 not 1:25. The sector times are very similar to Rosberg (1:26.559).
    Its weird, I never seen that before.

Are we using updated pu for free practice or what???

Quote Originally Posted by f412 View Post
    Are we using updated pu for free practice or what???
    usually it is end of FP3, when everyone is taking max out of the car

Great..we are alreadyy 2 seconds of the pace...for qualufying the difference would be 2-3 seconds....what a drag,,,

Any news on the PU upgrade? Good to see massimo rivola on the pit wall, hope he does good

Quote Originally Posted by NenoX View Post
    Any news on the PU upgrade? Good to see massimo rivola on the pit wall, hope he does good
    for me it looked like Arrivabene was playing down that PU upgrade in some interview, I don`t know

talks about an updated crank case were in the air,,not sure if its for monza... wouldn't make much of a difference...mercs have made an update which could give another 15 hp boost to all merc powered cars...it wont be a surprise if all top three rows are locked out by merc powered cars...

Quote Originally Posted by KimiBot View Post
    for me it looked like Arrivabene was playing down that PU upgrade in some interview, I don`t know
    Oh really? I did both he and vettel happily chatting earlier on in FP1. Then I missed the most part of the session.

Ferrari were on High downforce package, as others were on low downforce...!!
    They opted for low downforce at last min of practice session & didn't do any lap time.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Ferrari were on High downforce package, as others were on low downforce...!!
    They opted for low downforce at last min of practice session & didn't do any lap time.
    Is that why vettel spun?

Donno exactly, vettel on radio saying it's his fault...

I see! Thanks for the info though, was watching in a bar with the volume turned down so I wasn't updated with anything aside from the laptimes

I see! Thanks for the info though, was watching in a bar with the volume turned down so I wasn't updated with anything aside from the laptimes

Thanks a lot for the website.
    What a shame I'm working now!!!

Quote Originally Posted by fronaldo View Post

FP1 has made it quite clear how far ahead Merc now are, 2 seconds back to Seb is not a good omen and those F Indias are pretty quick too, OK so it's only FP1 but it's still unbelievable.

And Williams is too close for FP1 imo. They might be faster than Ferrari, but we'll know only towards the end of FP3.

Get ready for a procession guys. Unless something happens, (reliability, rain) then we got our work cut out. Mercedes look very fast, lets wait for second practice to make it official!!
    On another note, look at Mercedes W06, how it rides the curbs, they can get on the power so early, smooth steering, just so easy. For me, it looks like they are running some type of traction control. They get on the power, and let the electric motor modulate the power output, acting like a traction control. Also, by doing that, they can harvest excess energy, save it to the battery and use it on the straights and release it when traction is not an issue. This is why its so smooth, and its fast. This also helps with fuel consumption, because lot of power get saved into the batteries. In effect, this is like the use of excess fuel flow rate, use the engine to produce excess power then save it to the batteries, and then release it.

Quote Originally Posted by mardyrt View Post
    Get ready for a procession guys. Unless something happens, (reliability, rain) then we got our work cut out. Mercedes look very fast, lets wait for second practice to make it official!!
    On another note, look at Mercedes W06, how it rides the curbs, they can get on the power so early, smooth steering, just so easy. For me, it looks like they are running some type of traction control. They get on the power, and let the electric motor modulate the power output, acting like a traction control. Also, by doing that, they can harvest excess energy, save it to the battery and use it on the straights and release it when traction is not an issue. This is why its so smooth, and its fast. This also helps with fuel consumption, because lot of power get saved into the batteries. In effect, this is like the use of excess fuel flow rate, use the engine to produce excess power then save it to the batteries, and then release it.
    I'm with you on this one

Did you see the speed trap figures for FP1?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CODHCvZWoAAOxnm.jpg

I don't think it will stay like this. Well, I hope not!

I would like too see Ferrari try low DF setup

Ferrari will be wiped clean by non works team I am afraid, so much excuse, the reality is most of the teams on the grid have better chassis than Ferrari, meaning the team is not fully able use the engine to its full capacity. If Red Bull has our engine they will compete with Mercedes.

Ferrari has a fundamental flaw in the design of the car and until they inovate I am afraid nothing good will happen.