Fuel consumption: 1.88kg/lap
    Full throttle: 71% of lap
    Gear changes per lap: 51

Winners from pole: 22
    Average starting position (winner): 3.08
    Lowest starting position (winner): 11
    Safety car probability: 38%
    No. of overtakes (2014): 34
    Lap-record: 1m 21.046 sec (Rubens Barrichello, Ferrari F2004)

1950-1954

1955-1961

1957-1971

1972-1973

1974-1975

1976-1994

1995-1999

2000-2015

2015 grid (Top 10)

Well you sure won the pole for setting this thread so early

Well done Stefa, that quali deserves an early thread, let's pray we can justify it tomorrow!!

It is possible that new era in F1 starts tomorrow. If that happens, Seb is only 67 points behind Lewis and everything is possible.
    We still have 8 races left.

Quote Originally Posted by KimiBot View Post
    It is possible that new era in F1 starts tomorrow. If that happens, Seb is only 67 points behind Lewis and everything is possible.
    We still have 8 races left.
    Well, Mercedes are quite worried about the reliability that engine has. So maybe Lewis will have a malfunction :D
    I think its also possible that we could pass Lewis at the start. It will be interesting that's for sure.

You never know what will happen at the starts. This is the second race with new procedures too. If they have similar starts to the ones in Spa, Vettel would be 1st, Hamilton 2nd, Raikkonen 3rd after the 1st corner. But it might just as easily be the opposite. Raikkonen could get ahead of Hamilton and Rosberg might also have a brilliant start.... Depending on others having bad starts or reliability issues never ends well...

Seb said that he made a mistake, and he usually is 0.3-0.4 ahead Kimi, so we are even with Mercs or 0.1 ahead.
    Anyways, it looks good and getting better as season goes on.

Tomorrow is my 42 birthday... I can not imagine better present than Ferrari victory!!!

x 42 !!!

Seb said that he made a mistake, and he usually is 0.3-0.4 ahead Kimi, so we are even with Mercs or 0.1 ahead.
    I think that's a bit over optimistic. He didn't make such a big mistake. And Hamilton's mistake would have cost more than Vettel's did. We lack downforce. We are not even. It is also possible Vettel really had a better lap but didn't get tow unlike Raikkonen. Or Raikkonen cleaned up his act since practice sessions. His lap looked better than Hamilton's tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by erinha View Post
    I think that's a bit over optimistic.
    it is just math with averages

On average Vettel is not 3-4 tenths faster. It is more than half a second. But I don't think it makes sense to say he would have gotten pole based on Raikkonen's lap time and their average difference. Especially since he actually qualified and didn't get the pole. And his mistake didn't cost him half a second or probably not even half of that.

You should contact the stewards with such solid reasoning. Maybe they'll agree to swap the grid order to what it really should be.

I'm hoping for a good race with zero problems for both Seb and Kimi for a change. It seems that in most races this season at least one of our guys has had some sort of car issue - Seb's tyre failure in Spa, Kimi's engine failure in Hungary and so on. And it would be extra nice if the gremlins would finally hit the Golden Child's car!

On average Vettel is not 3-4 tenths faster. It is more than half a second.
    that is so high because Kimi had a few really bad qualis, real or normal average is around 0.3-0.4
    easily one mistake takes 0.3-0.4 seconds

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    Tomorrow is my 42 birthday... I can not imagine better present than Ferrari victory!!!

x 42 !!!
    You know, Sebastian has won 41 races in F1 so far...
    Vous resterez toujours en nos coeurs, Jules.

'Useful step' from Ferrari engine upgrade - James Allison

Ferrari's power unit upgrade ahead of the Italian Grand Prix was "fundamental" to the team's strong showing in qualifying, according to technical chief James Allison.

Kimi Raikkonen and Sebastian Vettel will line up second and third on the grid after splitting the Mercedes on Saturday. Lots of the focus ahead of the weekend had been around Mercedes' upgraded power unit, which had looked ominously dominant during Friday practice, but Raikkonen finished Q3 just over two tenths behind polesitter Lewis Hamilton.

Ahead of the weekend there have been rumours that Ferrari came to its home race with an upgraded engine of its own. Allison has been a key part of Ferrari's 2015 turnaround but said the power unit team deserved the most praise for orchestrating the team's strong showing in qualifying.

"It's certainly a useful step forward," Allison said of Ferrari's upgraded engine. "It's a great credit to all of the people in our power unit department - Mattia Binotto, who leads them, and Lorenzo Sassi, the chief designer on the engine side, they've done a great job in bringing this here. Maybe a little less heralded than the work that Mercedes brought here but it's a useful step forward and fundamental to what we achieved today."

Though he would not confirm how many of its remaining ten tokens Ferrari had spent team boss Maurizio Arrivabene admitted it accounted for a step forward.

Addressing reports in the Italian media of a Monza "super engine", Arrivabene said: "The super engine, the famous super engine. We've spent a couple of tokens here but we have a little improvement ... we are far from this super engine that has been mentioned, a lot of time. I can confirm that we have spent a couple of tokens but I don't confirm that we have a super engine here. We have a Ferrari engine, this is enough."
    #KeepFightingMichael | #CiaoJules

I am so happy that no details on the engine upgrade has leaked out. Just that the engine has been upgraded!

Also, loving the new team, humble and feet on the ground. Letting the results do all the talking.

Lets gun for a victory today. #redseason

Quote Originally Posted by Fireblade View Post
    I'm hoping for a good race with zero problems for both Seb and Kimi for a change. It seems that in most races this season at least one of our guys has had some sort of car issue - Seb's tyre failure in Spa, Kimi's engine failure in Hungary and so on. And it would be extra nice if the gremlins would finally hit the Golden Child's car!
    Agree

Quote Originally Posted by TigerKing View Post
    You know, Sebastian has won 41 races in F1 so far...
    I know
    It is the right place and time to take his 42!

x 42 !!!
    Happy Birthday Stefa!
    Lets all wish for a win for Ferrari! Maybe Vettel's 42nd on your 42nd birthday!??

Quote Originally Posted by mardyrt View Post
    Happy Birthday Stefa!
    Lets all wish for a win for Ferrari! Maybe Vettel's 42nd on your 42nd birthday!??
    Thank you so much!!!!

That would be incredible!!!!

x 42 !!!
    let's hope you get it. Happy Birthday for tomorrow Buddy.

x 42 !!!
    Happy Birthday Stefa! Have a great day mate

x 42 !!!
    Happy birthday Stefa, hope for a double blast today.....!!

http://www.espn.co.uk/f1/story/_/id/...g-hamilton-car
    Hope this gives us more advantage. I'm particularly looking for straight battle between Ham vs Ferrari. Which we had couple of races ago.

Srecan Rodjendan Stefa! nek bude 42 na 42. rodjendan

Great qualy, Kimi was absolut best ! Great performance. Seb also was good , today expect after first chicane 1-2 ferrari later in race slipstrim racing.

Also great effort from engine department. Sun, monza and ferrari that is that
    Ferrari = 235 victories + 219 pole positions + 248 fastest laps = constructors championships 16

I heard they cleared Hamilton's engine for the race.

Guys can any one provide Q3 top speeds please ? those of the last runs

I heard they cleared Hamilton's engine for the race.
    Cleared mean?? Have they changed the engine?? Or did they find the solution for engine issue... If so, r they authorized to make changes under no penalty?? I think wtever they make changes it should be under parc ferme & fixed for race. Hope I'm wrong...!!

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Cleared mean?? Have they changed the engine?? Or did they find the solution for engine issue... If so, r they authorized to make changes under no penalty?? I think wtever they make changes it should be under parc ferme & fixed for race. Hope I'm wrong...!!
    Cleared in that there's nothing wrong with the engine.

Nico's issue wasn't a engine problem exactly but coolant leak from a heat exchanger, a new part but old design that's had a fault.