Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Russian GP 2015 Race

Luck is on Hamilton's side always... So Seb has only mathematical chances for me...

Στλθηκε απ το HTC One M9 μου χρησιμοποιντας Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Stormsearcher View Post
    When SV bullied Kimi to take position early on, i was thinking it was wrong. Turns out it was a good move. Didnt wait for the team to tell KR he is useless and must move aside. Vettel did it himself.
    Think Kimi showed again he doesnt really have it anymore. Rookie mistake into Bottas. I'll be surprised if he doesnt get a grid spot penalty for the next race.

Great racing by SV. The car is no match for the merc still, otherwise LH would have his hands full.
    That was Kimis mistake OK, but that was the first of the kind I see from him in his whole F1 career.
    He is known to be 1 of the fairest racer of them all..

Ricciardo did similar thing to Kimi at Monaco, where is his 30sec penalty?

And I don't understand why you thought that Seb overtaking Kimi was somehow wrong, when Seb clearly had what it takes to do so..

Quote Originally Posted by Winter View Post
    That was Kimis mistake OK, but that was the first of the kind I see from him in his whole F1 career.
    Yes, it is not often, but maybe Monaco was similar when Kimi hit K-Mag.

So annoying that it's always Rosbergs's Merc having problems. Still, if SV can finish the season runner-up that would be a bonus for the team. A fourth win on the season would be great also. There's still some goals to shoot for.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter View Post

Ricciardo did similar thing to Kimi at Monaco, where is his 30sec penalty?

And I don't understand why you thought that Seb overtaking Kimi was somehow wrong, when Seb clearly had what it takes to do so..
    Yes Kimi is a fair racer. No arguments.
    I thot Seb pushed kimi off, almost like he expected kimi to give way. I think Kimi even said something on the radio about that move.
    Silently, like a shadow

Quote Originally Posted by Stormsearcher View Post
    I think Kimi even said something on the radio about that move.
    When SV tried to pass KR for 3rd KR drove wide and as a result kept his position. He asked pitwall whether he should give the spot to SV because of exiting the track. Before they answered he decided to let SV pass.

We need to give Seb and Kimi another 80 bhp

And we'll rule Saturdays and Sundays ......I know, easier said than done but that's precisely what needs to happen.

Kimi made an obvious mistake with that move. But to be fair, he finally showed some aggression. Haven't seen Kimi that aggressive in a long time.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=I6seJg...ature=youtu.be

Check out 5.30
    Vettel making a joke about the Russian grid girls invading the press conference and getting himself and Lewis in trouble

Man, i really want to see the girls if all three drivers were so distracted!
    Vous resterez toujours en nos coeurs, Jules.

Quote Originally Posted by TigerKing View Post
    Man, i really want to see the girls if all three drivers were so distracted!
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CRCsM3IWUAEvJ-V.jpg:large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CRCmJHqVAAAUahc.jpg:large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CRChBBjUEAE38RS.jpg:large

From Twitter

As DC noted, races are so much better when drivers can push and aren't held back by tyres and fuel saving. Very disappointed to see that Bernie apparently confirmed Pirelli as the future tyre supplier.

As for Kimi, very pleased to see some fighting spirit. He may have taken out Bottas, but I never liked Williams anyway. Bravo, Kimi, bravo.

I liked that Kimi was agressive. Though it was a bit on the limit with Vettel considering they are teammates but it was good drama for spectator. He was obviously at fault for the incident with Bottas. But, it was a mixture of Ricciardo on Raikkonen in Monaco and Ricciardo on Rosberg in Hungary. Bottas might have tried to avoid the collision but he might not have even seen Raikkonen. In any case, it's good Raikkonen gets aggressive. He hasn't been lately, like all season. He's been actually getting better and better imo in all areas since 2014. He needs to liven up a bit.

And, hilarious press conference. How is that they are not regularly broadcasted and Vettel is not a permanent fixture whether he wins anything or not, I dunno

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet View Post
    The problem is Kimi haven't got anywhere near passing Bottas, he wasn't even side by side. His front wheel was at the same point as Bottas' rear wheel, that was how far behind he was. The rule is that the driver at the front has the right to the racing line, and clearly Bottas was still ahead of him. Therefore, any experience driver would know that Bottas will be going for the apex. He has to, as that is the racing line and Kimi was too far behind for Bottas to see where he was.
    http://i.imgur.com/LJ8Gyj0.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/mS3tYYc.jpg

As you can see, there wasn't any gap to be had. At that point, Kimi outbrake himself and ran into the side of Bottas.

Had they been side by side, I believe it would have been a racing incident. But unfortunately they weren't.
    I'll stick to my story. I feel he saw a gap. He thought he could make the apex and took an agressive gamble. It was the last lap, why not. If he made it work we would all be praising him for a Ferrari double podium. It's easy to pile on in light of the penalty. I've done the same move in Karting. Line up the apex and try to outbreak. If there is a tiny bit of contact, bump the other driver off of the racing line. Oh well. It's racing, not ping pong. A little aggression is requires.

I feel that he didn't do anything wrong. He nutted up and went for it. It didn't work out. Sucks, but good on him for trying. Better than just falling back, cruising and grabbing a Magnum, right?

What does he have to loose? If he stays this agressive for the rest of the year and into 2016 I would be very happy.

Quote Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01 View Post
    I'll stick to my story. I feel he saw a gap. He thought he could make the apex and took an agressive gamble. It was the last lap, why not. If he made it work we would all be praising him for a Ferrari double podium. It's easy to pile on in light of the penalty. I've done the same move in Karting. Line up the apex and try to outbreak. If there is a tiny bit of contact, bump the other driver off of the racing line. Oh well. It's racing, not ping pong. A little aggression is requires.

I feel that he didn't do anything wrong. He nutted up and went for it. It didn't work out. Sucks, but good on him for trying. Better than just falling back, cruising and grabbing a Magnum, right?

What does he have to loose? If he stays this agressive for the rest of the year and into 2016 I would be very happy.
    I agree. Not like the points he would have gotten for 3rd would have meant the WCC. Took a gamble, did not work, paid the price. That's just how it is sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by killer View Post
    I agree. Not like the points he would have gotten for 3rd would have meant the WCC. Took a gamble, did not work, paid the price. That's just how it is sometimes.
    Exactly!

Had it worked we would all be singing his praises. Forza Kimi! Love that guy!

Quote Originally Posted by evo_spook View Post
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=I6seJg...ature=youtu.be

Check out 5.30
    Vettel making a joke about the Russian grid girls invading the press conference and getting himself and Lewis in trouble
    Who was that trying to treat them like 3rd graders?

Kimi defo deserved 10 penalty grid for next race, coz more or less he benefited from the incident. Bottas is the direct competitor for him at 4th position.

12 on Bottas
    14 on Massa

Vettel up 1 on Rosberg.We shall take home 2nd and 4th this season.

That would be double punishment. Kimi finished this race and already served his penalty which dropped him a few positions.

It's Bottas who paid the price for Kimi's disrespectful move.

Quote Originally Posted by F2008 View Post
    It's Bottas who paid the price for Kimi's disrespectful move.
    Kimi lost out as well. Why is there a need to label it disrespectful?

Quote Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01 View Post

In F1, you can't bump other driver off the racing line. Sending another driver into the barrier because of blind aggression is not what we need.

The alternative isn't to fall back do nothing of course, but to know how to make a move that actually works. For example, earlier Kimi did pass Bottas at that very same corner. What Bottas did was instead of putting himself on a collision course with Kimi, he let Kimi through and took a tighter entrance into the corner, which allowed him to accelerate better and retook his position.

We have to keep in mind that these cars are very fast. So as to what we have to lose, it's safety that we risk losing. At a faster corner, Bottas' impact would have been heavier. This is why the FIA takes collision seriously.

Well that was an interesting race. P2 is good for Seb, amazing how Rosberg almost always gets the bad luck in that team.
    So Merc win the WCC due to a Ferrari penalty...
    Kimi did a Grosjean, and Grosjean crashed (again).

I'd say there's a good chance that Kimi could be battling Bottas in the remaining races. For sure Bottas will be watching Kimi's whereabouts more closely during those battles. I'd call that advantage Kimi.
    Plus,I enjoyed the simple fact he thought he had an opening & gave it a shot, way to go Kimi.

BTW, I don't buy the 'I didn't see him', that's what all the drivers have learned to say when they're involved in an incident & they're the lead driver, makes it easier to justify holding the racing line & closing the door hard.
    Forza Ferrari !
    "You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." - Juan Manuel Fangio

Who was that trying to treat them like 3rd graders?
    thats unbelievable, they not kids. Its like me telling my 19 month son to behave at the table as we having dinner.

I liked what Sergio said about how to say sit down in Russian. Brilliant.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

http://www.formula1.com/content/fom-...---russia.html

Fun from Vettel

SV: I know you’re wait... you just told me that you’re waiting for the girls to come over to you in the Radisson Hotel, room number 708 but I think they’ve been standing all day so I think they can sit down. Feel free to sit down.

LH: What are you talking about?

SV: Sit down. How do you say sit down in Russian?

Q: (Livio Oricchio – GloboEsporte.com) Lewis, are you coming to the next races with the spirit that we see you have today or the spirit we saw you with on Thursday when you arrived here?

LH: I can’t hear a single word you’re saying right now. There’s this super super distraction in here. What did you say?

Q: (Livio Oricchio – GloboEsporte.com) I’m sorry to disturb you with my question but I’m saying are you coming to the next event with the spirit that we are seeing you with now or the tension that we saw in you in the last few days here? And Sebastian, we saw Kimi saying that he would work for you concerning the championship. It’s not what we saw today.

wow some **** journos, they need to get a life
    Last edited by Rob; 12th October 2015 at 13:29.

To me it remains a racing incident.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Harley View Post
    To me it remains a racing incident.

http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/...0616013741.gif
    i didnt see the race.. it looks like kimi kept holding to his line and botas turned in to him. Not sure how that is kimis fault. In fact I would say that is botas fault. How are you supposed to race if you cant be aggressive. Its better if the drivers just sit down during the race and play snakes/shoots and ladders or something instead of wasting fuel.
    we're number one