Page 17 of 80 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222324252627282930314267 ... LastLast

Thread: Scuderia Ferrari SF16-H Development thread.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    OFF TOPIC....

this is what i got from my wife today on my birthday....oh and she delivered it to my work place and left it at reception....I was REALLY surprised to say the least
    she MUST really love me....ha, ha....

oh, and she also ordered me personalized licence plates for my 2012 GTI....it will say F1 CRAZY.....i cannot wait until i receive THOSE and "slap" them on my car

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f1...psefn5hblj.jpg

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f1...psuh3xmdlz.jpg

Forza FERRARI!!!!
    Happy birthday mate!!!!!
    Nice cake!!Hope it was tasty too!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    very nice mate.

Happy birthday
    thanks mate...
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Quote Originally Posted by IulianFerrari View Post
    Congrats, nice gifts and La multi ani !
    merci mult...
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

OFF TOPIC....

this is what i got from my wife today on my birthday....oh and she delivered it to my work place and left it at reception....I was REALLY surprised to say the least

oh, and she also ordered me personalized licence plates for my 2012 GTI....it will say F1 CRAZY.....i cannot wait until i receive THOSE and "slap" them on my car

Forza FERRARI!!!!
    Happy birthday!!!

Quote Originally Posted by F1NAC View Post
    Come guys, last ten posts are not about the new car. Please stick to the topic
    I understand your frustration. But you must also understand that we're trodden on each time we start a new thread that's maybe been done before. Do you want a bunch of new threads that go no-where or the random stray post instead? Don't take the fun out of this great site, please!

Leo Turrini posted Ferrari and Haas will do a filming day at Montmelo on Sunday 21, one day before the official test.
    In Italian: http://blog.quotidiano.net/turrini/2...us-dei-100-km/

The filming day is good, this is basically a shakedown of the cars so they can check everything is working ok instead of wasting the first day of testing doing the same checks

Quote Originally Posted by gvera View Post
    Leo Turrini posted Ferrari and Haas will do a filming day at Montmelo on Sunday 21, one day before the official test.
    In Italian: http://blog.quotidiano.net/turrini/2...us-dei-100-km/
    Obviously these are not the things they do win, but it is these that help you understand how strong the urge to try and win.
    Τhis last sentence is what i thought when i 1st read it from Gianlu on twitter!!!From the 1st news-rumors and official statements ,before the end of last season,it all seemed exactly this!!!This tear we go for it full steam!!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Cool F60, Happy Birthday mate.

Quote Originally Posted by abbottcostello View Post
    Launch will be 19 Feb. online... see below

I poached this from Gianlu's twitter feed!

http://www.thescuderia.net/forums/at...tid=6587&stc=1
    thanks!
    Silently, like a shadow

OFF TOPIC....

Forza FERRARI!!!!

Tim Horton's no less! mmmmmmmmm....

Happy Birthday!!!
    Last edited by abbottcostello; 8th February 2016 at 05:29.
    Forza Ferrari !
    "You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." - Juan Manuel Fangio

MB engine chief Andy Cowell told ESPN F1 their PU makes over 900 HP already that's a +50 HP gain compared to end of season?

Quote Originally Posted by S1000RR View Post
    MB engine chief Andy Cowell told ESPN F1 their PU makes over 900 HP already that's a +50 HP gain compared to end of season?

Could be pure disinformation but then again it is easier to improve a foundation that works already well than the one still having to play partly catch up.

Doesn't it feel like F1 is taking an eternity to get going this year? Only 2 tests mean we are waiting longer to see the cars which is one of the best parts of the year. Still 2 weeks left before it all kicks off.

Also, don't you think it’s strange when Renault launched their new car there were no articles/analysis on it - usually with a launch you get analysis about changes but for the Renault, nothing... it’s like no one is interested - Very strange.

Quote Originally Posted by S1000RR View Post
    i believe it when i see it; i personally think they're talking out of their A*** because they're shaking of fear in their boots due to Ferrari catching them up

Quote Originally Posted by jragona View Post
    Doesn't it feel like F1 is taking an eternity to get going this year? Only 2 tests mean we are waiting longer to see the cars which is one of the best parts of the year. Still 2 weeks left before it all kicks off.

Also, don't you think it’s strange when Renault launched their new car there were no articles/analysis on it - usually with a launch you get analysis about changes but for the Renault, nothing... it’s like no one is interested - Very strange.
    Renault didn't launch the new car they just launched the "team" with last year's car in a new livery.

i believe it when i see it; i personally think they're talking out of their A*** because they're shaking of fear in their boots due to Ferrari catching them up
    MB may take notice but theyre really not afraid of anyone. Its great Ferrari is claiming gains, but the truth is that merc were dominant at the end of the season, so ANY improvements they make will only make them faster.
    I do hope we've made a good fast car, as Id really like to see some racing this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Nova View Post
    MB may take notice but theyre really not afraid of anyone. Its great Ferrari is claiming gains, but the truth is that merc were dominant at the end of the season, so ANY improvements they make will only make them faster. I do hope we've made a good fast car, as Id really like to see some racing this year.
    I agree completely. Ferrari will have to come up with a very, very good package to challenge Mercedes. But I sincerely hope Ferrari have found the new needed direction for the car and PU.

And still over two weeks until testing starts.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Harley View Post
    I agree completely. Ferrari will have to come up with a very, very good package to challenge Mercedes. But I sincerely hope Ferrari have found the new needed direction for the car and PU.

And still over two weeks until testing starts.
    http://www.gptoday.com/full_story/vi...l_to_Mercedes/

Now reading this, we just have to wait

Come on guys!!!Too much pessimism!!Almost everybody (We,Mercs,neutral analysts)said that by the end of last year, our PU was almost equal to Merc!!It was mostly our chassis that lack in performance and remember that 2015 was a year that we supposed to try to fix the mystakes of the previous team!!This year we are working under the full supervision of James Allison and he can (i hope he will)deliver a very good chassis!!!Also we are making so many changes in the PU and the results ,sounds that,they are very very good!!!So why we have to take for granded that Merc gonna make dig improvement and we are not??For sure they where dominate the last 2 year and they are capable to do it again, but so are we with this new team!!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    Come on guys!!!Too much pessimism!!Almost everybody (We,Mercs,neutral analysts)said that by the end of last year, our PU was almost equal to Merc!!It was mostly our chassis that lack in performance and remember that 2015 was a year that we supposed to try to fix the mystakes of the previous team!!This year we are working under the full supervision of James Allison and he can (i hope he will)deliver a very good chassis!!!Also we are making so many changes in the PU and the results ,sounds that,they are very very good!!!So why we have to take for granded that Merc gonna make dig improvement and we are not??For sure they where dominate the last 2 year and they are capable to do it again, but so are we with this new team!!!!
    you make a few good points in your whole statement....but I as well as majority of fans here would rather play down low our expectations and come surprised in Australia if Ferrari really brought their game up over the winter in both aspects, engine and aero.

but i hear you, we're all anxcious as to how good Ferrari will be after winter testing and at teh first race

Via Omnicorse and analisitecnica

- 667 will have 2 intercoolers. One the left bottom side, and another inside chassis as Merc. Because the power is increased there needs to be bigger one that couldnt fit inside V. Also lower COG with new placement

- Variable intake manifolds will be introduced

- Clutch is moved inside gearbox

- Sidepods more vertical for tighter rear end

- Raviola says Ferrari engine has caught up with Merc, now need to have good enough chassis

- Both cars started assembling this week, as well as two PUs that will be in them

- According to latest info gathered by F1analisitecnica bench results for new PU are fantastic and eclipse 900hp and same consumption

- Still, worryingly there are reliablity issues still to be sorted out before season starts

- New combustion increases knock in engine (like in Mercedes) and Ferrari are hoping Shell delivers gasoline to fully take advantage of new

Thats all from todays news :)

Should those details turn out to be accurate the 2016 season may become quite interesting - I like these development news.

Quote Originally Posted by darkchild View Post

- 667 will have 2 intercoolers. One the left bottom side, and another inside chassis as Merc. Because the power is increased there needs to be bigger one that couldnt fit inside V. Also lower COG with new placement

- Raviola says Ferrari engine has caught up with Merc, now need to have good enough chassis

- Both cars started assembling this week, as well as two PUs that will be in them

- According to latest info gathered by F1analisitecnica bench results for new PU are fantastic and eclipse 900hp and same consumption

- Still, worryingly there are reliablity issues still to be sorted out before season starts

- New combustion increases knock in engine (like in Mercedes) and Ferrari are hoping Shell delivers gasoline to fully take advantage of new

Interesting stuff, thanks for the news.

Presumably engine knock is occurring because of the increase in pressure. From what I know the knock can be reduced by using a higher octane fuel, so over to shell...

you make a few good points in your whole statement....but I as well as majority of fans here would rather play down low our expectations and come surprised in Australia if Ferrari really brought their game up over the winter in both aspects, engine and aero.

but i hear you, we're all anxcious as to how good Ferrari will be after winter testing and at teh first race
    I know what you mean and i ensure you that i wont be surprised if they are still better then us!!I will be a bit if they are still so dominate as they where!!!I only hope that we will beat them and just want to stay possitive about our chances !!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Now only if it's true...

Else I can say:

- To my sources the new car will have red paint.
    Hero's come and go, but legends never die!

Sounds really up-beat and promising but I worry about the frequent references to reliability..... But of course I'm trying to be optimistic, and realistic at the same time!

Quote Originally Posted by darkchild View Post

Thanks!!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Hope for the best, but be prepared for the worst, guys.
    Maranello and we need and deserve a world championship/
    I rather don't hear of read about the 2016 car and be positivly surprised, than read all about the car and be disappointed.
    I hate Mercedes, they are dangerously quiet during this time, where all eyes are on Ferrari.
    Like there's always a leak inside the scuderia.