Page 18 of 80 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232425262728293031324368 ... LastLast

Thread: Scuderia Ferrari SF16-H Development thread.

Quote Originally Posted by darkchild View Post
    Via Omnicorse and analisitecnica

- 667 will have 2 intercoolers. One the left bottom side, and another inside chassis as Merc. Because the power is increased there needs to be bigger one that couldnt fit inside V. Also lower COG with new placement

- Variable intake manifolds will be introduced

- Clutch is moved inside gearbox

- Sidepods more vertical for tighter rear end

- Raviola says Ferrari engine has caught up with Merc, now need to have good enough chassis

- Both cars started assembling this week, as well as two PUs that will be in them

- According to latest info gathered by F1analisitecnica bench results for new PU are fantastic and eclipse 900hp and same consumption

- Still, worryingly there are reliablity issues still to be sorted out before season starts

- New combustion increases knock in engine (like in Mercedes) and Ferrari are hoping Shell delivers gasoline to fully take advantage of new

Thats all from todays news :)

Those are awesome news, if they are to be true... I prefer to contain my enthusiasm rather than get filled with so many expectations, that may fall on the first qualifying. I, as a ferrari supporter, will always want to believe that we can achieve anything, but lets not forget our opponents... Mercs arenīt sleeping either.

Quote Originally Posted by badr View Post
    Hope for the best, but be prepared for the worst, guys.
    Maranello and we need and deserve a world championship/
    I rather don't hear of read about the 2016 car and be positivly surprised, than read all about the car and be disappointed.
    I hate Mercedes, they are dangerously quiet during this time, where all eyes are on Ferrari.
    Like there's always a leak inside the scuderia.
    Well, for 2104-2015 seasons all eyes and a lot of great news-rumors were for the Mercs and it didnt bother them!!!!!!!!!
    Again not saying that we have it on our pocket but we seem to have a very good chance!!!!
    Last edited by PURE PASSION; 8th February 2016 at 21:48.
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Ferrari can beat Mercedes - James Allison!!!!

Ferrari have a "realistic" chance of mounting a serious title challenge to Mercedes in 2016, according to technical director James Allison.

Sebastian Vettel finished third in this year's championship, winning three races to champion Lewis Hamilton's 10.

Allison said: "If we do everything we intend, we have a realistic chance next year will be a classic year for F1 - and for Ferrari I hope even stronger.
    But saying it is easy and doing it is a lot, lot harder.Allison, 47, is the man charged with turning around Ferrari's fortunes after a dip in form in recent years and a title drought dating back to 2007.

He has led a recovery this year after Ferrari had in 2014 its worst season in two decades, failing to win and taking only two podiums.

This year, Vettel, who replaced Fernando Alonso after the former Ferrari team leader moved to McLaren believing they would give him a better chance of winning a third world title, has scored 13 podiums, including his victories in Malaysia, Hungary and Singapore.

Glowing praise for Vettel

Allison, who was speaking in an exclusive interview for the BBC F1 Review show, was glowing in his praise for Vettel, describing his year as "flawless".

"It's easiest to talk about it by looking at Bahrain, the weakest race of the year, where he made one or two errors," Allison said.

"We don't have as good a car as the Mercedes, that's obvious, and yet we've won three races. Sebastian has won all three."And the reason that he has won those three and put it on the podium as much as he has is that we ask him to sort of work miracles to put his car in a competitive position, because the car is not yet good enough to be the winning car.

"And he delivers those miracles sort of lap after lap, race after race, weekend after weekend.

"Then, just occasionally, once or twice in a whole year in thousands of laps, you see evidence that there isn't a machine there, there's a human. And that shows the magnificence of the achievement in all the other races."

Similarities to Schumacher

Allison said Vettel was "an easy guy to work with" and related his "understanding of the value of being in a team" with that of seven-time champion Michael Schumacher, with whom Allison worked during Ferrari's dominant era of 2000 to 2004.

"With drivers, the number one thing you want is that they are fast and don't make mistakes," Allison said. "And quite often the type of personality that is necessary to be fast and not to make mistakes is not necessarily the most sympathetic character to get along with.

"Sebastian is one of the unusual characters who is very straightforward and easy. Ego-less is wrong, but his ego is kept in check to be part of the group and team. It makes it a) a pleasure and b) it greatly increases the power of the group when the person who has to deliver on Sunday wants to be part of the team.

"I have worked with two guys who really, really understand the value of being in a team and one was Michael and the other is Sebastian.

"That's not to denigrate the others but it's a particular strength in Sebastian and it was a particular strength in Michael."

Mixed year for Raikkonen

Allison described the season of Vettel's team-mate Kimi Raikkonen as "a bit of a curate's egg".

Allison described Raikkonen's drive to second place in Bahrain early in the season as "fantastic", adding: "There have been a number of other occasions where he has made Sebastian sweat and made him have to stretch himself to keep his team-mate at bay."And other races like Silverstone where Sebastian was utterly candid that he couldn't live with Kimi at various sections of the track in the race, he was not as quick.

"But at other times in the year a few errors have crept in and he has had some real misfortune, where our reliability has dropped the ball for him.

"But what we have seen through the season, and latterly particularly, is Kimi really making Sebastian work for his money.

"I am looking forward to next season because I know the relationship will stay strong between them and to see the pair of them spurring each other on. Kimi is a very experienced and strong driver and I am looking forward to seeing what he can do next year."
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jragona View Post
    Interesting stuff, thanks for the news.

Presumably engine knock is occurring because of the increase in pressure. From what I know the knock can be reduced by using a higher octane fuel, so over to shell...
    Not quite that simple, both Ferrari & Merc are working on a combination engine that is like a diesel at partial load & a conventional engine with spark igniting the fuel only at full load, calling it something like "diesotto" (cross between a diesel & otto engine!). So it's deeper than a simple octane boost I think.
    Forza Ferrari !
    "You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." - Juan Manuel Fangio

- New combustion increases knock in engine (like in Mercedes) and Ferrari are hoping Shell delivers gasoline to fully take advantage of new
    Increasing octane number is one but it's more likely about electronics and all those related components adjusting mixture, ignition etc. as needed. For example just the form of pistons and combustion chambers can increase or decrease detonation (=knock) tendency greatly. It is a very complex combination of different factors so hats off to the engine department.

End Game For Mercedes.

From some internal news that I have herd, Ferrari will be close to Mercedes in engine battle,but will surpass it in design! The Mercedes car was, and it is not as strong as it has been told especially in design. It was a rumor to protect the engine supremacy. This year will be great for us because the design of 2016 will be much better that of Mercedes and with the parity in engine.

Quote Originally Posted by NasI View Post
    From some internal news that I have herd, Ferrari will be close to Mercedes in engine battle,but will surpass it in design! The Mercedes car was, and it is not as strong as it has been told especially in design. It was a rumor to protect the engine supremacy. This year will be great for us because the design of 2016 will be much better that of Mercedes and with the parity in engine.
    Οhh man , this is the kind of new i want to hear, BUT this direct comparison(as for the PU) when we havent see the cars yet,well its a bit hard to believe it!!!!!As i said in previous posts i believe that we will have a very good year and that our new car is very good, because i can believe the sources that they say that the data from the new car are wonderful!!But how it is compare to the Merc, this is impossible to know right now!!!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

The information that the technicians and engineers have, it is something that is easy to understand according to their data. Ferraris weakness has never been in PU. There will be a turnaround!

Quote Originally Posted by NasI View Post
    The information that the technicians and engineers have, it is something that is easy to understand according to their data. Ferraris weakness has never been in PU. There will be a turnaround!
    Thats what i'm saying.From the data you can understand how good the new car is compare to the last one or even the last year Merc!!But to compare with new Merc??How can you do that??Or do you that they dint gonna evolve their chassis??
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    But to compare with new Merc??How can you do that??
    At this point of the season 2016 that still requires a specific and detailed scientific approach and use of for example the Stetson-Harrison method.

If anyone got access to the autosport online magazine issue this month, pls share this article with us. I really would like to know what Arrivabene thinks of our aero team.

F1 show biz 2016 :
    Toto - "Ferrari are a real threat" .... Nico - "Awesome, everything is just awesome" .....Lulu - "Mental strength man, lifestyle man, I'll drive at 400% as ever man".... and then suddenly a wild Bull out of nowhere slams into a Ferrari.

Why Ferrari starts 2016 formula 1 season 'afraid' !!! LOL

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/122744

Lol, where do you think i cropped that image from?

Just to be clear, I am referring to the magazine snapshot, at the bottom end of the page. You have to be a subscriber to the magazine, to read that.

F1 show biz 2016 :
    Toto - "Ferrari are a real threat" .... Nico - "Awesome, everything is just awesome" .....Lulu - "Mental strength man, lifestyle man, I'll drive at 400% as ever man".... and then suddenly a wild Bull out of nowhere slams into a Ferrari.

I do believe we will be on par with mercs on the engine, the difference will be made in the chassis, aero. I think they had a chance to perfect their chassis even in the last winter and now they will improve again. We on the other hand only now we will make the first big step in the chassis and mercs have 2 steps.

Quote Originally Posted by IulianFerrari View Post
    I do believe we will be on par with mercs on the engine, the difference will be made in the chassis, aero. I think they had a chance to perfect their chassis even in the last winter and now they will improve again. We on the other hand only now we will make the first big step in the chassis and mercs have 2 steps.
    yeah, but hopefully with the guru James Allison at the whelm, overseeing the whole project he's been directing from start to finish this year (compared to 2015 when he walked in and the car was pretty much designed under the old supervision) let's hope we're going to be THAT MUCH better then Mercedes.

this guy (JA) is a genius. the 2012 and 2013 cars he designed while at Lotus (with the budget and resources Lotus had) ONE can only imagine what he can do at Ferrari where the SKY'S the limit when it comes to money.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    yeah, but hopefully with the guru James Allison at the whelm, overseeing the whole project he's been directing from start to finish this year (compared to 2015 when he walked in and the car was pretty much designed under the old supervision) let's hope we're going to be THAT MUCH better then Mercedes.

this guy (JA) is a genius. the 2012 and 2013 cars he designed while at Lotus (with the budget and resources Lotus had) ONE can only imagine what he can do at Ferrari where the SKY'S the limit when it comes to money.
    I agree. Allison has done wonders with Lotus and I am sure he will do a great job with us. Lets see how much he can do and how we will fare against the mercs. I would be more than happy if we would be on par or even 0.1 behind as i believe we have better drivers

It started!!!!!!
    The 1st fire-up of the new Ferrari was done today, at Maranello.

The engine started on the first try.
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PadGeT View Post
    http://i.imgur.com/YLBQTSH.png

If anyone got access to the autosport online magazine issue this month, pls share this article with us. I really would like to know what Arrivabene thinks of our aero team.
    No such quote from MA in this article. There's nothing we haven't heard before or particularly notable. Surprisingly banal for a feature story. A mildly interesting part -

[Re: Chassis] It will be interesting to see whether the team falls into line in 2016 (as many expect) or continues to go its own way [for instance, the only team that didn't adopt the shorter nose path]. Technical director James Allison remained tight-lipped during the ’15 run-in. “You’ll have to wait and see where we’ve found our best performance,” he said. “There’s many, many different ways of skinning a cat. All I’d say is, we’d be morons not to look at everything, wouldn’t we?”

Quote Originally Posted by mizf1 View Post

“As for the power unit, I am convinced that the team has done a great job and has prepared an engine that has reached the level of performance of Mercedes,” he is quoted by Speed Week.

“With the chassis, we hope we will find the competitiveness that we were missing last year,” said Rivola.

Exactly. For the time being we can just wait, and hope that all this is true until 1st race where we can head to head comparison.

That is not that hard to understand where they will be according to their performance last year. It is calculative. But no ones know about US because we have a new project.

From the article:

The large intercooler that was on the SF15-T was placed inside the cylinder bank of the V6 turbo. For 2016, this has been enlarged for performance reasons – because Ferrari needs more fresh air feeding the engine to maximise its extra power.

To ensure no compromise, the intercooler has been split in to two parts. The larger part will be placed inside the chassis on top of the fuel tank, while the second one will be placed in the left sidepod.
    Placing the larger intercooler above the fuel tank seems a strange choice, they have made many changes to lower the center of gravity of the car but this seems counter to that goal - i'm sure its quite a heavy piece of kit.

Quote Originally Posted by jragona View Post
    From the article:

Placing the larger intercooler above the fuel tank seems a strange choice, they have made many changes to lower the center of gravity of the car but this seems counter to that goal - i'm sure its quite a heavy piece of kit.
    I'm sure they weighed the pros and cons.

One thing keeps escaping me... Ferrari (and any other team) would surely keep their engine out of any journalists eye. It all seems to me just like journos are making some "educated" guesses to create an interest in their articles.

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

These things happen. Alot of journalists have connection with team members, some contractors leak out little detials. Generally, the closer we are to reveal more leaks will appear.

Today a picture of 667 with heavy DOF was posted. You can notice white on livery.

Quote Originally Posted by darkchild View Post
    These things happen. Alot of journalists have connection with team members, some contractors leak out little detials. Generally, the closer we are to reveal more leaks will appear.

Today a picture of 667 with heavy DOF was posted. You can notice white on livery.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Ca7l8x3WAAApNjE.jpg
    Where did you get that?

https://youtu.be/T2ovbBu14So

Sound of te new engine

Quote Originally Posted by Gianlu27 View Post
    Where did you get that?
    F1 technical forum. Ferrari 667 thread. I'm on phone so I cant link unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by Michelc30 View Post
    [video]https://youtu.be/T2ovbBu14So[/url]

Sound of te new engine
    Sounds beautiful and angry