Page 19 of 80 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223242526272829303132334469 ... LastLast

Thread: Scuderia Ferrari SF16-H Development thread.

Quote Originally Posted by darkchild View Post
    F1 technical forum. Ferrari 667 thread. I'm on phone so I cant link unfortunately.
    ps. It's not the 2016 Ferrari.. it's a model scale of the F93A :D ahaha

Btw, thanks

Yea just saw it as well haha. And I was wondering how come ferrari havent posted it on instagram
    What is Omnicorse today talking about 1.5 seconds improvement in simulator?

Quote Originally Posted by Gianlu27 View Post
    ps. It's not the 2016 Ferrari.. it's a model scale of the F93A :D ahaha

Btw, thanks
    Keen eyes you have there! I can't even make out where the car is!

Sounds beautiful and angry
    I'd agree. Sounds way deeper than last year

Sound engine

The engine is ready!

ForzaFerrariGo!
    P.S. Sorry, I did not see that the link was inserted
    Last edited by ForzaFerrariGo!; 11th February 2016 at 16:42.

Scuderia Ferrari, la Scuderia più vincente nella storia della Formula 1.
    16 Titoli Costruttori & 15 Titoli Piloti.

Yea just saw it as well haha. And I was wondering how come ferrari havent posted it on instagram
    I was thinking the same thing!!!To hear all this eumours-news about fighting(and beating)the Mercs,and the comfidence from the team,well they must have seeing over 1 sec from the new car!!!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

1.5sec would be amazing if its for the same tire compound and fuel load. Last year Merc improved on average just 0.5 secs (the cars did get 10kg heavier and the nose become even lower than 2014 though). If that info is true we will wipe the floor with the competition.

Just to confirm that our gap last season was mostly chassis based here is a clip of the Abu dhabi race
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ilkgW8oRLk
    At 12:20min you can see Seb overtaking the Force India with ease, and in the earlier races of the season that wasn't the case.

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    I was thinking the same thing!!!To hear all this eumours-news about fighting(and beating)the Mercs,and the comfidence from the team,well they must have seeing over 1 sec from the new car!!!!!
    Calm down, people. That sort of gain seems a litle bit too much for me (although I would love it to be true ). Let's not raise expectations too much. If I am thinking we will improve? Of course we will (with the guidance of James Allison), with a Strong PU, an improved aero and chassis, a more responsive and easy to set front-end suspension... but nevertheless, we haven't seen it in action yet, and our contenders are working their asses to stay on top... as I said on a previous post, only on the 1st qualifying we will see who has made the best job over the winter... One can only hope it was the scuderia

Ferrari 2016 faster than a second and a half?
    Google translate :

In Maranello there is optimism about simulation of 667 data, supporting the expectation that Marchionne wants the Red immediately successful, but as they grew the Mercedes? We try to understand what are the values ​​in the field.

Sergio Marchionne, president of Ferrari, asked James Allison a winning car from the first Grand Prix 2016: Horse number one is not willing to wait, want to see the Red cross the finish line winning the Melbourne debut. It was a reckless statement, which put great pressure on all the racing department, or is the result of precise information, the data collected on the new car which has been completed in the new Sports Management?

One thing to throw the challenge to Mercedes for the world with a schedule of 21 races and another to expect that the first ko the silver arrows is already settled on the Australian ring. Sergio Marchionne is an experienced manager, anything but naive. But the "shot" of the president have not been followed by other statements from the Gestione Sportiva. In Maranello he chose silence, preferring to speak the facts soon.

Virtual Formula 1

The birth of the new car, project number 667, was held in the strictest of confidence, but the Racing Department begins to filter out some optimism that seems to go right in the direction of Marchionne. If we were to do the ... Virtual Formula 1, citing the fine book by Roberto Boccafogli, the head of Pirelli's communication in the Circus, who wrote a novel about the future of the Grand Prix simulator, the new Ferrari could be about a second and a half faster the SF15-T.

It is a huge leap forward, never seen so large in the history of Formula 1, no regulations revolutions to change the values ​​from the previous season. Yet the data that emerge from the simulations are very encouraging: the numbers that emerge from the CFD, the wind tunnel, the simulator and the engine test benches say that the theoretical second and a half is far up among the clouds.

But eye reliability!

Obviously we are talking about absolute performance: the 667, however, will have to deal with the durability, since for the entire season five power unit will be available which will have a life of at least four Gp, if you do not want to pay the penalties in decisive stage of the season. Reliability, therefore, is one of the 2016 spectra, which must be taken into account. It is possible, therefore, that the provision on the track may be slightly less consistent ...

The figures of 667 suggests that the challenge to the Mercedes can be launched for real, but in Maranello they do not want to venture any proclaims not having the faintest idea where he might be came the Brackley team. The Silver Arrows at the end of last season had about half a second ahead of the Red, so would remain a second to play. Not allarghiamoci: we said that for the needs of reliability something will be left on the street. We want to talk about seven or eight tenths? It is a considerable booty to be held in the purse, but will do?

This is the question that is repeated Maurizio Arrivabene, the Red helmsman. Brescia manager is all too sailed not only be enchanted by the raw numbers. Especially since he set his management always down-to-earth. Where will W07 Hybrid? Growing from the summit is more difficult, but the feeling is that the staff of Toto Wolff and Paddy Lowe last year has been taken something in the pocket.

Mercedes has exceeded 900 hp

And in defiance of the power unit, Andy Cowell, head of Mercedes engines in Brixworth, in a restricted meeting with journalists used a very eloquent example to explain the situation: "It 's like we had so far worked in a gold mine extracting the gold dust and then we found a big nugget. " Out of metaphor: the power unit of the Star has already exceeded an output of 900 horses with a big development on the combustion chamber and the turbo. Petronas has studied a specific fuel to this unit, just like Shell is doing for Ferrari. The game is not limited to manufacturers, but extends to the exclusive suppliers.

Today it is impossible to hazard evaluations. We have to wait for winter testing which will begin on February 22 in Barcelona to find out what will be the actual values ​​in the field. It is not difficult to predict, however, that further opens the gap between the two top teams who will play the world and everyone else. Red Bull Racing, for example, will have to cope with the engine Tag Heuer (Renault) that has yet to solve the troubles of 2015, just as the McLaren struggling with unreliable power unit already at the Honda test benches ...

http://it.motorsport.com/f1/news/fer...-mezzo-672804/

We have heard all these claims nearly every pre-season....I think I will wait till the opening GP to see where we are.
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    We have heard all these claims nearly every pre-season....I think I will wait till the opening GP to see where we are.
    Completely agree!

My thoughts exactly!

Nevertheless, I can't wait for winter testing, to see our new car rolling... and our PU roaring!:

yup.
    we're number one

Correcto...I think its that everyone is waiting, and really hoping that this year will be a good one.
    I do hope the car is good.

Thank you

What's the old expression, "the proof of the pudding is in the eating"! Only 1 week til unveiling, 10 days to testing begins.
    Forza Ferrari !
    "You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." - Juan Manuel Fangio

10 days

Quote Originally Posted by speedmaster View Post
    10 days
    a... lifetime at this stage!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Michelc30 View Post
    [video]https://youtu.be/T2ovbBu14So[/url]

Sound of te new engine

... The Beatles Sound of Formula Uno (to my ears)
    "If I was driving for Red Bull [from 2008] probably I would have more championships, but because they were dominating between 2010 and 2014 probably I would never have driven for Ferrari. I am very happy and very proud to drive for Ferrari, all my time there.

hear it every year. Yes i want to know as much as i can, but half time its journos putting 2 ans 2 together and making 10 to make a story. And come testing, or Melbourne the car is slow and doesnt work. Id rather wait till then.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Then whats the point of having a thread like this before the season start!!!!If we only what confirmed and proved informations then this thread will have 10 posts and that after 5-6 races!!!!!
    I thought that we had this thread from the end of last year,to post and comment about rumours simply because now its the only ones we've go!!!!
    Personally i dont take these runours from granded nor because they say that we will kick asd, i'm gonna play all my money for the win come Australia!!!!
    Am i upbeat about those news a read?Of corse i am and i prefere them a lot more then to read bad news!!!!
    Also the rumours from the last 2-3 seasons,came more or less true!!!! In 2014 everybody said that we had troubles and Merc where mighty,and thats what happened!!!Last year everybody said that we where a lot better but Merc will still be in front and THATS what happened!!!So thats why i tend to believe these rumours!!!
    Last edited by PURE PASSION; 12th February 2016 at 08:54.
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Offtopic:

Former F1 driver Christian Danner agrees that Ferrari will have been working hard over the winter.

“All in all, I would say the chances are 50-50 that the reds will be on par with Mercedes this year,” he said.

“I can imagine a three-way battle between Hamilton, Rosberg and Vettel,” Danner added.

But according to Italy’s La Gazzetta dello Sport, Mercedes has also pushed hard with development as it prepares to charge for a third consecutive triumph.

The report said the new silver machine will have new suspension, a higher nose, a slimmer rear and smaller radiators.

“In fact,” wrote Gazzetta, “the car has been substantially revised in every detail”, including a “completely new” engine.

Toro Rosso boss Franz Tost thinks it will be enough for Mercedes to dominate once again.

“Mercedes was so far ahead that they will once again drive rings around everyone,” he told Auto Bild.

Marchionne today in la gazzetta is very confident.
    For him key of success is arrivabene and its ability to create a cohesive work team.
    Marchionne has no doubt the car will challenge mercedes.

Alfa Romeo must consider having its own F1 team - Marchionne

Sergio Marchionne has hinted that Alfa Romeo could return to Formula 1 for the first time since the late 1980's as its own team, in order to promote the brand as part of plans to turn the company's fortunes around.
    The Alfa Romeo name almost made a return this season as an engine supplier to Red Bull. Talks between Marchionne and the Milton Keynes-based team were at an advanced stage which would have seen Ferrari's 2015 power unit rebranded under the Alfa Romeo name and supplied to Red Bull.
    However the deal broke down as Red Bull rejected the idea of running year-old engines and chose to remain with Renault, but rebrand the engines under TAG Heuer.
    According to Marchionne, reviving Alfa Romeo's F1 return might not be dead, as the Italian has set out a plan which would include the company designing its own chassis and partnering with Ferrari to run rebranded engines.
    "In order to restore their name they must consider returning to Formula 1," he told Gazzetta dello Sport.
    "Alfa Romeo are capable of making their own chassis, just like they are capable of making their own engine," he said, but suggested a deal to use Ferrari engines was more likely, adding: "They would probably work with Ferrari."
    Marchionne then dismissed rumours Alfa Romeo could race in Le Mans, saying: "I would rather see them in F1."

I hope Mercedes choose wrong turn in their development road. The true is the more we push, the more possible is to make the mistake by them. Either in the race or in the factory.

I hope Ferrari's gains will be as great as we all hope, I'm sure this season will be a great fight ;)

Ferrari president Sergio Marchionne says it would be a 'tragedy' for his team if it had to endure a 10-year long title drought in Formula 1.

Ahead of a campaign where Ferrari hopes to take the championship fight to Mercedes, Marchionne has said that his company has regained 'credibility' after returning to the top step of the podium in 2015.

But, with its last drivers' championship success having come in 2007 with Kimi Raikkonen, and its last constructors' success the following year, he is impatient for it to get another crown soon.

Speaking to Gazzetta dello Sport about the potential impact of F1 title success, Marchionne said: "If we were to string together victories in F1 then it would improve our brand.

"I was speaking with one of our car dealerships and we agreed that the results of 2015 helped bring back credibility to the brand. If we were to somehow fail to win a title over a 10-year span it would be a tragedy."

Worst is gone

Marchionne has been instrumental to pushing through an overhaul of Ferrari, having taken over as Ferrari president from Luca di Montezemolo at the end of 2014.

When asked what his hardest time was, he said: "The first month. When I went to see where we stood in the overall scheme of F1 I realised that we weren't competitive."

He reckoned only a big change of personnel and approach was going to achieve a lift in form, and it is this overhaul which he has singled out as key.

"We cleared our ranks," he explained. "We won because we brought focus back to the team and began to do the things that are really important. Maurizio Arrivabene's arrival helped a lot."

Arrivabene strengths

Marchionne also reckons that Arrivabene's achievements since taking over as team principal have perhaps been under estimated.

"If he has a defect it isn't on the technical side of things," he said. "He is great at creating a team atmosphere. He knows how to make everyone work together."

Probably there really is a lot of white color on the car based on the overalls

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees