Thread: Scuderia Ferrari SF16-H Development thread.

New car launch is confirmed!!!
    New F1 car to be launched Feb., 19th at 14 CET on our website! #readysetred https://t.co/klrTRGK4Cw
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    New car launch is confirmed!!!
    New F1 car to be launched Feb., 19th at 14 CET on our website! #readysetred https://t.co/klrTRGK4Cw
    The launches this year are only a few weeks later, but feel like they are taking an eternity.

Quote Originally Posted by darkchild View Post
    It could be true, as Crabbia said, that they have longer wheelbase then us. Its much easier to manipulate air around longer and what appears to be narrower car then shorter one but best compromise has to be found.

I just find it worrying that we have big problems with engine and gearbox
    Haas would have the same problems too with the PU then too right?

If we don't use some radical solutions in 667 project, then we cannot belive in positive result. Every time when our boys prefere conservative way, there were not many bright moments in the season. Finding the limits in various areas is really great news for me. The team is ready to fight and have a faith in success.
    Mercedes prefer evolution. They can do that. But it is great oportunity for us. They make cars. We create them. After last season we could see that our project in the new turbo era wasn't fundamentaly wrong. We can rise in 2015 season and I hope for another positive surprise this year.

Merc released a start-up video of their PU. Have to say our PU sounds a bit deeper than theirs.

Quote Originally Posted by NenoX View Post
    Merc released a start-up video of their PU. Have to say our PU sounds a bit deeper than theirs.
    Do you have a link?

Quote Originally Posted by jragona View Post
    Do you have a link?
    https://www.facebook.com/MercedesAMG...3322190377411/

From the video released by Mercedes, the only thing that I found is that they have used two exhaust pipes for the wastegate

Singha joins the stable!! Cheers boys!

http://jwgrandprix.com/2016/02/15/fo...deria-ferrari/

F1 show biz 2016 :
    Toto - "Ferrari are a real threat" .... Nico - "Awesome, everything is just awesome" .....Lulu - "Mental strength man, lifestyle man, I'll drive at 400% as ever man".... and then suddenly a wild Bull out of nowhere slams into a Ferrari.

Quote Originally Posted by PadGeT View Post
    Singha joins the stable!! Cheers boys!

http://jwgrandprix.com/2016/02/15/fo...deria-ferrari/
    Kimi will fly this year!!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by NenoX View Post
    The merc guys all look so stressed in that video, some of them look like they don't want to be there

Singha already sponsor Af Corse. Been year or so now.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

I would laugh if a NASCAR team has better aerodynamics than the most successful F1 team in history.
    Vous resterez toujours en nos coeurs, Jules.

I am highly skeptical of much of the information in the FUnoAnalisiTecnica article, and some of it is just wrong. Such as white paint to reduce temperature under the bodywork. If the goal was to use the paint to reduce temperature, they would paint it black, as it is far better at radiating away heat than white. This is why the SR-71 spy-plane was black, to best radiate away the thermal load. And do you really think Ferrari would design a transmission that would 'blow up' on its first run? How many races must the gear box last this season? There is simply no way they would get it that wrong. Also the idea of an F1 engine being designed to run as a 'diesel under partial load' just makes no sense. First off, the time period that an F1 engine is run on part throttle is a small percentage of any lap, on any track. The driver is either full on the throttle for maximum acceleration, or full off it during braking. Partial throttle will occur as the driver gets back on the throttle, but this small amount of time is just not worth trying to optimize from an efficiency standpoint. It's just not a design point you would care that much about. Drivability matters more for lap time on part throttle than 'efficiency'.

How many times have we heard about 'radical' designs in the pre-season that never appear? I'm sure we all remember the 'magical Rory Byrne floor'. I have been following F1/Ferrari since 1979 and I have learned to ignore the rumors and wild claims and wait until we see the car. We won't see radical changes, the rules don't allow it. Push rod front? Probably. Tighter rear body work? Yes as Ferrari said this at the end of last season. New sidepod shape? Yes, radiators likely more vertical and shorter to allow for tighter rear bodywork. Intercooler out of the V? Yes, to allow for variable trumpets. Short nose? Yes, it must be better or all the other teams would not be using it. All of these make sense and are the type of refinements you would expect. I would also expect the front and rear wings shown at launch to come from the SF-15T. The real 2016 wings won't be used until the second and final test.

Does anyone know if Rory Byrne is still involved with Ferrari, if so this will be the first car designed completely under Allison, Resta and Byrne. We should be optimistic.

Vettel not ruling out 2016 title tilt!!

Sebastian Vettel is still not ruling out the possibility that he will be able to challenge Mercedes for the 2016 world championship.

Ferrari announced on Monday that it will reveal its new red car, reportedly set to feature a white engine cover, on the internet on Friday.

Team and Fiat Chrysler Sergio Marchionne has clearly targeted the title, but German Vettel warned that Ferrari had a big task over the winter.

"It's no secret that we were still not where we wanted to be, and there are things we need to improve," he told his own website. "But we're working on it and 2015 showed that we are on the right track."

In fact, Vettel said he can imagine resisting the lure of moving to a team like Mercedes for the rest of his career.

"Perhaps," said the 28-year-old. "I'm not the type of person who changes from one year to the next, as I've never been like that in any area of my life.

"At the moment I feel very comfortable, and we all have a great common goal that we want to achieve."

As for estimating Ferrari's chances of toppling Mercedes in 2016, however, Vettel insisted: "Just ask a bookmaker.

"Making forecasts about a season is always difficult, but we will give everything of course."

But when asked if he would prefer to battle Lewis Hamilton, Nico Rosberg or Kimi Raikkonen in 2016, Vettel answered: "I hope Kimi, because that would mean we have a very strong car."
    Seb has shown us that he is not just words,so if he is optimistic i think we have a very good chance!!!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Some of you guys over here are funny. One day the sky is blue here and the other it's doom and gloom.

First of all that article about Haas's chassis is old.

Second - it might be a clever move to attract some sponsors. They have to be as positive as possible about their car and their chances this season.

Third - grow up and have some patience until at least the tests.

PS I imagine if after the unveiling the car turned out to be weird or ugly looking the blaming starting here.
    Ferrari per sempre !

The one from f1analisitecnica is not though. In any case...4 more days

Have they named our car yet ?

F2016 or SF16-T ??

I like F2016

Does anyone know if Rory Byrne is still involved with Ferrari, if so this will be the first car designed completely under Allison, Resta and Byrne. We should be optimistic.
    and then, it would be an awesome year for us #forza #ferrari

CbU08cvWEAAddR9.png

Now, that's a tight rear if i have ever see one!

Aren't the "ear" cameras banned this season? I think they are, so probably just another fiction. But I wouldn't mind the colors.

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

Usually last renderings made by autosprint and la gazzetta are totally wrong .
    Just wait the real deal !

Quote Originally Posted by Kyss4k View Post
    Aren't the "ear" cameras banned this season? I think they are, so probably just another fiction. But I wouldn't mind the colors.
    Nope they are banned from 2017 onwards

Old article, but never noticed this before... could we have exhaust blowing this year?

Analysis - how exhaust blowing could return in 2016

Old article, but never noticed this before... could we have exhaust blowing this year?

Analysis - how exhaust blowing could return in 2016
    Wastegate pipes won't be active all the time since they are only active during the higher revs (IIRC). If it does come back, we won't see the same level of exhaust blowing as 2013

Quote Originally Posted by F1NAC View Post
    Nope they are banned from 2017 onwards
    I thought they were banned next year too. Since the FIA wanted to close out the loophole that mrc and ferrari exploited in that area

Yep, still involved :)

Quote Originally Posted by bondilad View Post
    Have they named our car yet ?

F2016 or SF16-T ??

I like F2016
    I like F-1&2
    we're number one