Thread: Scuderia Ferrari SF16-H Development thread.

I'm not into liveries at all. Don't care. This shouldn't be a topic of discussion at all. But perhaps today fans care more about liveries and looks than the performance of the car.
    Ferrari per sempre !

Quote Originally Posted by SashAlex View Post
    I'm not into liveries at all. Don't care. This shouldn't be a topic of discussion at all. But perhaps today fans care more about liveries and looks than the performance of the car.
    How can you say liveries are not important at all? Come on, don't be a hipster dude. Liveries are important, especially for teams like Ferrari who have an outstanding history. Of course we need to preserve that design that represent Ferrari throughout the years.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    How can you say liveries are not important at all? Come on, don't be a hipster dude. Liveries are important, especially for teams like Ferrari who have an outstanding history. Of course we need to preserve that design that represent Ferrari throughout the years.
    Agree

Red, red and red!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nero Horse View Post
    What?! You can't possibly be serious? Because that is just total rubbish and you know it. The SF16-H looks very beautiful with this new retro livery, and most people agree with that. All the polls on the internet where people have been asked whether they like the new Ferrari look or not have shown that "YES" most people like it, for example on one poll where more than 1200 people voted there were 79% of votes for "YES - I like it" and on another poll there were 77% of votes for "YES". And I've even seen merc fanboys saying that this Ferrari livery is beautiful and cool. So it's just you, stefa, and some others that don't like it, but the majority opinion is definitely very positive.
    As I said, no point to discuss about taste. I don't like it, you and majority like it, and I am fine with that. Life goes on. So far... So good... So what?!? Let's start winning and achieve at the end WDC and CWC and everything will be fine.

Car has beautiful lines looking from top, rear and side but not from front IMO. Nose is just ugly. Livery is not good, its a bit messy and busy but it can look beautiful depending on angle.

Quote Originally Posted by darkchild View Post
    Car has beautiful lines looking from top, rear and side but not from front IMO. Nose is just ugly. Livery is not good, its a bit messy and busy but it can look beautiful depending on angle.
    Beauty is in the eye of beholder!

Quote Originally Posted by Nero Horse View Post
    What?! You can't possibly be serious? Because that is just total rubbish and you know it. The SF16-H looks very beautiful with this new retro livery, and most people agree with that. All the polls on the internet where people have been asked whether they like the new Ferrari look or not have shown that "YES" most people like it, for example on one poll where more than 1200 people voted there were 79% of votes for "YES - I like it" and on another poll there were 77% of votes for "YES". And I've even seen merc fanboys saying that this Ferrari livery is beautiful and cool. So it's just you, stefa, and some others that don't like it, but the majority opinion is definitely very positive.

Beauty is subjective, he doesn't have to like the car or find it pretty and his comments most certainly are not rubbish just because they are not agreed to by you or even the mainstream...

If everyone agreed on everything, message boards would not be interesting places to post on...
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

Quote Originally Posted by SashAlex View Post
    You say that like we were all allowed only one topic to discuss

Discussing about aesthetics doesn't imply that it's more important than anything else. It's simply one of the things people can talk about.

If you don't care, that's fine, no one is forced to discuss it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet View Post

Discussing about aesthetics doesn't imply that it's more important than anything else. It's simply one of the things people can talk about.

except on a thread that is marked as the car development thread you have to scroll though pages to find anything of relevance discussing development.

I guess liveries are part of the development
    we're number one

Liveries just make the car attractive. Personally I don't care as long as they're not all the same (silver) and the cars are entertaining.
    Vous resterez toujours en nos coeurs, Jules.

There seems to be quite a bit more volume with our car then Merc

The black paint on the back of the Merc makes it look smaller. They are very similar to me, with the Ferrari having more space above the diffusor/floor. The perspective on the photos is not the exact same either, but still informative though. All of the cars have really converged on a very similar shape.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cb1tz6VW0AEN5Sv.jpg

If you're talking about the sidepods then yes the SF-16H does have more volume there.
    This is attributed to the difference between PU design and cooling design. Just look at the bulge on the rear of the roll hoop of the Merc.
    This can be seen as well on other Merc customers.

The SF-16H does get tighter mid-way then opens up towards the end compared to merc.

cannt really get good comparison in that picture, different ankle. More of our sidepod showing due to turning left.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Our undercut starts earlier than on mercs

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    Look, if the livery is a bit different than the previous ones, perhaps a bit worse, I'm not gonna run and cry around. That's my point. If this year there is more white to add some vintage tone to the car and it's not the most harmonious looking, at the end of the day it doesn't matter to me. I might not like it initially, but I become tolerant with time with it, like we all do. The only thing I couldn't swallow was the 2014 nose. Everythings else, liveries, noses, bodyworks are things that you subconsciously get used and don't notice with time.
    Ferrari per sempre !

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet View Post

What's the name of the topic, bro?
    Ferrari per sempre !

File

Last edited by hattrick; 26th February 2016 at 10:02. Reason: font size

Quote Originally Posted by hattrick View Post
    tnx mate

Autosport - 25 February 2016 - pdf[/QUOTE]

Fantastic. Thank you

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cb1tz6VW0AEN5Sv.jpg

Are you sure its not a trick of the light with the dark colour of the Merc? The Ferrari is smaller than the Merc, but then fans out right at the back, this must be for some aero effect. Also the Ferrari diffuser looks better developed than the Merc.

Ferrari tested a serrated Gurney flap on the rear wing. You have to zoom in to see it well, so open the image in a new tab and zoom.

Quote Originally Posted by f300v10 View Post
    Ferrari tested a serrated Gurney flap on the rear wing.
    Good spot, I hope we will see a lot of new parts in the next test.

Ferrari tested a serrated Gurney flap on the rear wing. You have to zoom in to see it well, so open the image in a new tab and zoom.

http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/wp-conten...1342_HiRes.jpg
    Are we talking about the cheese grater like end of the RW main flap? or was that a separate thing from the Gurneys you spotted? :D

Quote Originally Posted by NenoX View Post
    Are we talking about the cheese grater like end of the RW main flap? or was that a separate thing from the Gurneys you spotted? :D

Yes, and I never claimed to have been the one to spot it. I saw it hadn't been mentioned in this thread so I added it. I saw it via twitter post by @RoboCoPJ.

According to F1AT Ferrari tried more aggressive nose, like new STR, but failed crash test therefore went with the current one.

Yes, and I never claimed to have been the one to spot it. I saw it hadn't been mentioned in this thread so I added it. I saw it via twitter post by @RoboCoPJ.
    Oh no worries about that. I just thought I saw something different from the one you were pointing out . Those certainly are new since they are at the end of the wing. Mclaren tried 2yrs ago I believe and they placed on the leading edge of the main flap and the trailing edge of the lower flap

According to F1AT Ferrari tried more aggressive nose, like new STR, but failed crash test therefore went with the current one.
    If true I'm a bit surprised why we couldn't pass the crash test. since we've spent quite a lot of time on the new car and one thing that was surely going to change was the nose and that too should have given us the best aerodynamic gains. Any idea if we are bringing a new nose to the next test?

They said no. Not in melbourne either.