Thread: Scuderia Ferrari SF16-H Development thread.

Quote Originally Posted by NenoX View Post
    Tried to watch this & when I click to play it tells me to update my flash player, I checked & it says I have the current version! Have a sneaky suspicion it's because I'm in US!

Anyone know why, looking at the SF15-H pics in this topic, sometimes we have red wheel nuts & other times blue?

Also, are we running blown front hubs/axles or no? Seems I have read articles stating we are & others say we are not? To my untrained eye, it looks like we are.
    Forza Ferrari !
    "You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." - Juan Manuel Fangio

Quote Originally Posted by abbottcostello View Post
    Tried to watch this & when I click to play it tells me to update my flash player, I checked & it says I have the current version! Have a sneaky suspicion it's because I'm in US!

Anyone know why, looking at the SF15-H pics in this topic, sometimes we have red wheel nuts & other times blue?

Also, are we running blown front hubs/axles or no? Seems I have read articles stating we are & others say we are not? To my untrained eye, it looks like we are.
    Hmm it works fine on my work computer which says a lot considering I have restrictions on what sites to visit and certain videos not being available.

CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Quote Originally Posted by abbottcostello View Post

Red wheel nuts are on one side of the car , blue wheel nuts are on the other side of the car ( to prevent mix-up ).
    Wheel nuts ARE blown.

Quote Originally Posted by rossopervincere View Post
    Red wheel nuts are on one side of the car , blue wheel nuts are on the other side of the car ( to prevent mix-up ).
    Wheel nuts ARE blown.
    Good eye, I didn't even notice that they were color coded

http://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/f...-10637169.html

According to AMUS analysis, Merc seems to think Raikkonens time was very fast and that we are 0 to 4 tenths behind them, it depends on how aggressive we can run our engine and updates coming in Aus.

Quote Originally Posted by darkchild View Post
    http://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/f...-10637169.html

According to AMUS analysis, Merc seems to think Raikkonens time was very fast and that we are 0 to 4 tenths behind them, it depends on how aggressive we can run our engine and updates coming in Aus.
    I prefer closer to 0!!!
    And why not -0,..!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Halo is awful

Gianlu D'Alessandro ‏@Gianludale27
    According to Autosprint, Ferrari homologated their Power Unit on February 29th: they would still have 6/7 tokens to spend in-season
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Nice tech pic showing the massive blockage in the Ferrari exhaust pipe caused by the rearwing pylon. #F1 #AMuS
    Attachment 6677
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by NenoX View Post
    Good eye, I didn't even notice that they were color coded
    They are different for a reason - the left nut will have left hand threads, meaning they need to be turned anticlockwise to put them on. The theory is that the direction they spin when the car's in motion, is the direction to self-tighten. Personally, I think this is more emotive than anything else, as a good set-up should never come loose, regardless of wheel direction. It's all about being perfect down to the last detail, which I have to fully support.

My friend that runs a mechanical workshop, had a customer that rang and said he had to change his flat tyre on his Mazda van. The mechanic interrupted and said, let me guess: you broke a wheel stud. The customer said, how did you guess? And he replied, let me guess, it was on the left side. The customer replied, OMG, you really are good!

Wheel nuts ARE blown.
    They are opposite threads too, right hand threads and left hand threads..
    President, Scuderia Ferrari Club of Denver - The Official Passion
    http://www.scuderiaferrari.club
    denver@scuderiaferrari.club

How many tokens we still have? 6/7 what it means?

My love for the sport is so high that I still like to continue,
    but I don’t see any reason to fix myself too early. Đ MS

Wheel nuts ARE blown.
    Good call on the wheel nut color coding, slightly embarrassed I didn't figure it out on my own, I actually thought about it & looked at a whole lot of tech arcticles & videos to see if it was mentioned. One video I watched (BBC F1 Wheel Nut) even pointed out all the F1 cars use LH & RH threads, I never connected the dots!
    Forza Ferrari !
    "You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." - Juan Manuel Fangio

Quote Originally Posted by MSForever View Post
    How many tokens we still have? 6/7 what it means?
    From the 32 tokens we had for this year PU upgrades,we have spend 25-26 of them because we have made several major changes.So now we have 6-7 left to spend for in season development.
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    Wow, that is much wider than I thought seeing it on Ted's Notebook from test 2 day 4! That must increase the exhaust velocity quite a bit. Wasn't TR using that same through the pipe pylon last year?
    Forza Ferrari !

What is the benefit of having the pylon going through the exhaust?

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    What is the benefit of having the pylon going through the exhaust?
    Its more efficient from a structural point of view as the wing load can go straight down the pylon into the transmission case without the need of a U shaped segment to go around the exhaust pipe. Not sure what the impact is on the exhaust but I'm sure the blockage caused by the pylon is minimal compared to the turbine. They are extracting all the energy from the exhaust that they can to power the MGU-H so the flow is in a low energy state by the time it would get to the wing pylon.

But, it will turn more turbulent the exhaust gases, so it will be more difficult to make it blow the monkey seat. I know this gases have poor energy but redBull and Mercedes are doing that.
    Maybe that's why we run without monkey seat at the tests in one of the most downforce demanding tests (in combination with the rear downforce gained with the new floor).
    Maclaren are doing exactly the same as us, is that good ?
    Go Ferrari, beat them all!

The element in the exhaust is there to condition(control) the flow.

Quote Originally Posted by Nand0Nand0 View Post
    The element in the exhaust is there to condition(control) the flow.
    Same as Ted called it, I imagine it stops any circular "corkscrew" effect, in addition it also decreases the cross sectional area of the pipe a good bit, which will increase the velocity of the exhaust air.
    This is all in my humble opinion, which means I know just enough of these principles to get myself in trouble!
    Forza Ferrari !

The added member looks to have an aerofoil shape. This a neutral aerofoil will split the flow equally in either sides of it. For the flow of the gases involved here, i believe for the max efficiency of the turbo, the gases have to be laminar (to reduce pressure losses at the exit). Also looking at the section of the pylon mounting, it might accelerate the flow in the proximity of the structure but it also creates backpressure in the exhaust. The aerofoil might split the flow into two halfs behind it. The flow will then have higher outward momentum. I believe this is being used to interact with the two winglets on either side of the cross section. If you can create the updraft of huge enegy flow coming ffrom the exhaust, you would not need a monkey seat to reattach the flow to the lower surface of the rear wing main plane. This would be an efficient solution if the backpressure would not affect the turbo performance. Ferrari might have been testing this solution and monitoring the engine parameters.

Just my 2 cents on this. What do u guys think? Might this be possible?

When you take a good look at the wing mounting you see a hole in it. Maybe this some of the gases are pressured throw this hole. Maybe this creates more downforce at the back.

"According to Turrini, the current nose of the SF16-H is not the final version, but probably it won't be changed."

Quote Originally Posted by NyX View Post
    "According to Turrini, the current nose of the SF16-H is not the final version, but probably it won't be changed."
    Wud that not imply it is the final version ?
    "That has made me fall in love with Ferrari even more today than ever." Fernando Alonso

Quote Originally Posted by NyX View Post
    What's the point?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    What's the point?!?!
    Maybe he was talking of the Australian GP only, I could believe that it may not appear for a few races.

Weren't they having hard time getting it to pass crash tests?
    Forza Ferrari !

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    What's the point?!?!
    The actual nose it's not the final version that Ferrari wanted. They tried many times the crash test to make a nose more "extreme", but they just failed the test.

Probably they will pass the crash test and they will introduce it, or probably they will give up with that nose :)

any news on the aerodynamic front primarily ? our car is lacking a bit compared to the rest of the teams in that part if u ask my opinion

So Niki reckons we are 0.2ths behind them

http://www.jamesallenonf1.com/2016/0...behind-us-now/

Lets hope to bring some updates in Melbourne and close that gap, also for a aggresive developement plan throughout the year