Page 39 of 80 FirstFirst ... 14252627282930313233343536373839404142434445464748495051525364 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,170 of 2373

Thread: Scuderia Ferrari SF16-H Development thread.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    That's wt I said earlier, tokens are for the updates related to quali set up. Which will see some power improvement specific for qualy.
    For reliability updates, no tokens needed.
    But the plan as of now is to introduce big package for Spanish GP which will help qualy + reliability issues and reports are +ve that we might make significant progress.
    The team know exactly where they are and what there plan is. The question is, how much points will we be behind by then, and what will Mercedes do.. They will make progress as well
    “The Ferrari is a dream - people dream of owning this special vehicle and for most people it will remain a dream apart from for those lucky few.” ~ Enzo Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Kristof_F40 View Post
    The team know exactly where they are and what there plan is. The question is, how much points will we be behind by then, and what will Mercedes do.. They will make progress as well
    This is always the problem with the points system now used, there's a big gap between 1st and 3rd points-wise and when Merc keep getting 1-2s, they just get too far ahead in both the WDC and WCC for anyone to catch them. Once that happens, interest in the championship falters and viewers lose the urge to watch. Maybe this is another reason that the sport is suffering so badly with the casual fan.

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    This is always the problem with the points system now used, there's a big gap between 1st and 3rd points-wise and when Merc keep getting 1-2s, they just get too far ahead in both the WDC and WCC for anyone to catch them. Once that happens, interest in the championship falters and viewers lose the urge to watch. Maybe this is another reason that the sport is suffering so badly with the casual fan.
    Yes, but on the other hand I think it's right that the winner gets more points.. In old system with 10-8-6, it's the same if you are 1 and you opponent 2, or you are 2 and you opponent 3, I think the winner should get something more.. The biggest problem now is when you have a DNF, it's a huge loss in points, and with modern technology there are less DNFs so it's not a given you opponent will also have a DNF
    “The Ferrari is a dream - people dream of owning this special vehicle and for most people it will remain a dream apart from for those lucky few.” ~ Enzo Ferrari

Yeah. The old points system was 10-8-6 because Michael was destroying everyone and they wanted to make the others catch up more easily. It was 10-6 before that.

Obviously it was such a negative seeing Seb's car fail. I can't help but feel this might have been a race we could have had 2 cars on the podium, possibly 1st and 3rd.
    But there are some very big positives we have learned about our car. We were clearly faster than both Mercs through turns 5, 6 & 7. Star sports did a comparison between Lewis's pole lap and Kimi, and even on that great lap by Lewis, Kimi was faster in that section. What's significant is that is a high speed aero section. That is a great affirmation of JA and his team and of our car.
    We are losing out in raw power sections, but not by a lot. I'm also sure that we can't and haven't turned the screws completely up on our donk. Once we able to improve our reliability we may well have even more power than Merc. I believe that is on the cards. Look at the grunt shown by the Haas on numerous overtakes.
    How awesome if they can improve their car plus get even more from our PU.

Quote Originally Posted by Nand0Nand0 View Post
    Obviously it was such a negative seeing Seb's car fail. I can't help but feel this might have been a race we could have had 2 cars on the podium, possibly 1st and 3rd.
    But there are some very big positives we have learned about our car. We were clearly faster than both Mercs through turns 5, 6 & 7. Star sports did a comparison between Lewis's pole lap and Kimi, and even on that great lap by Lewis, Kimi was faster in that section. What's significant is that is a high speed aero section. That is a great affirmation of JA and his team and of our car.
    We are losing out in raw power sections, but not by a lot. I'm also sure that we can't and haven't turned the screws completely up on our donk. Once we able our reliability we may well have even more power than Merc. I believe that is on the cards. Look at the grunt shown by the Haas on numerous overtakes.
    Thanks man, great info you have there.

Have faith guys we have all the finest people and resources! #ForzaFerrari

Quote Originally Posted by Nand0Nand0 View Post
    We are losing out in raw power sections, but not by a lot. I'm also sure that we can't and haven't turned the screws completely up on our donk. Once we able to improve our reliability we may well have even more power than Merc. I believe that is on the cards. Look at the grunt shown by the Haas on numerous overtakes.
    Agree with you

Only thing is question how far by that point of time Mercedes will be in WDC and CWC?

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    Agree with you

Only thing is question how far by that point of time Mercedes will be in WDC and CWC?
    Yeah that's the worry thing.

[[/I]
    Yeah that's the worry thing.
    Forget both WDC and WCC mercedes are fast and reliable,my only hope for this year Is winning more than three victories.

Quote Originally Posted by jpalmito View Post
    [[/I]

Forget both WDC and WCC mercedes are fast and reliable,my only hope for this year Is winning more than three victories.
    If we forget WDC & WCC, when we will win those titles..?? If every year, we continue the same trend. Someone or other again come into picture according to their convinient rules n grab those titles just like redbull 2009-13, merc 2014-16... Next which team ??

If we forget WDC & WCC, when we will win those titles..?? If every year, we continue the same trend. Someone or other again come into picture according to their convinient rules n grab those titles just like redbull 2009-13, merc 2014-16... Next which team ??
    Sorry but red bull and mercedes won and are winning titles in a row because their work was and is better. Full stop.
    It does not mean we won't be able to win again but for now this Is not the case which Is painfull to watch! Believe me.
    I'm 43 years old and i have good memories about first schumacher years in ferrari 1996-2000.
    It´s was the same feelings of disapointement about car not able to fight on a par against williams and mclaren but suddenly they manage to create the dominant one( 2001) and michael win 4 other titles on pure domination
    We can just hope they will achieve that With the current team.

[[/I]

So, if we get more than 3 victories this year, it is gonna be tight at the end, because now Nico has been faster than Lewis something like 6 months or so, and Lewis is starting to lose his
    self-confidence and makes stupid mistakes, like that with Bottas in first corner.

you all talk about WCC gone after two Grand Prix s good fans you are all , its all blah blah blah from you guys

The one shining light is that it's easier to make a fast car reliable then it is to make a reliable car fast. Ferrari has a fast car, it's not the fastest, but it's fast. If they get the reliability in line, additional speed may follow.

FERRARI mate, FERRARI!!!!!!!!!!
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Sorry but red bull and mercedes won and are winning titles in a row because their work was and is better. Full stop.
    It does not mean we won't be able to win again but for now this Is not the case which Is painfull to watch! Believe me.
    I'm 43 years old and i have good memories about first schumacher years in ferrari 1996-2000.
    It´s was the same feelings of disapointement about car not able to fight on a par against williams and mclaren but suddenly they manage to create the dominant one( 2001) and michael win 4 other titles on pure domination
    We can just hope they will achieve that With the current team.
    ...let me correct that for ya...it was 2000 that Ferrari first won together with Michael both WDC/WCC and NOT 2001...oh, and they won FIVE titles together....2000-2004
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Quote Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01 View Post
    The one shining light is that it's easier to make a fast car reliable then it is to make a reliable car fast. Ferrari has a fast car, it's not the fastest, but it's fast. If they get the reliability in line, additional speed may follow.
    YEAH, if you say so....tell that to Mclaren of 2003-2004....that car was super fast (designed by none other then Adrian Newey) and Kimi would have probably most likely won those championships if the car would have NOT been that fragile...

so in a way there is light in our tunnel....is just up to US (FERRARI) to discover it, IN TIME....

i too have faith, FORZA FERRARI!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    ...let me correct that for ya...it was 2000 that Ferrari first won together with Michael both WDC/WCC and NOT 2001...oh, and they won FIVE titles together....2000-2004
    Yes but the f2000 was not the dominant car,the

Yes but the f2000 was not the dominant car,the
    OK the F2000 it was NOT dominant, but it was the first year Michael WON with ferrari after LONG four years with Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    OK the F2000 it was NOT dominant, but it was the first year Michael WON with ferrari after LONG four years with Ferrari
    Don ´t worry i had the same big emotion than you at suzuka 2000!!
    I just want to talk about having a dominant car and Rosberg /hamilton have since three years one of the most dominant car in history.

Quote Originally Posted by KimiBot View Post
    So, if we get more than 3 victories this year, it is gonna be tight at the end, because now Nico has been faster than Lewis something like 6 months or so, and Lewis is starting to lose his
    self-confidence and makes stupid mistakes, like that with Bottas in first corner.
    Not to defend Lewis or anything, but how was that collision Lewis's mistake ?

So if its a 10 grid penalty for a sixth motor do we see ferrari take that 6th and at what race

Quote Originally Posted by djmorin27 View Post
    So if its a 10 grid penalty for a sixth motor do we see ferrari take that 6th and at what race
    well i don't think you can use an engine now and call it a SIXTH...you have to use it when all five have been used...most likely will use the 6th and take a grid penalty at a track that is easy to PASS and recover places back, which track taht would be, i don't know

but let's all hope that we can FIX all these gremlins the engine has under "reliability concerns" like Merc has done last year, and hopefully the "new and improved" engine will be far more reliable and more powerfull.

either way we're going to be DOWN an engine now so early in the season so i think the inevitable will be that we'll have to use a 6th engine.

way too early still, the season still has 19 races...anything can happen, for all we know Merc will probably have some DNF's too

What is the truth about PU?
    some say the turbocharger makes problems, others that the engine is not fully developed.
    After 2 races in which a turbocharger and an engine to break were either both be true or the engine-pulled by the turbocharger in compassionate society.
    But what definitely in Bahrain was interesting is the fact that Arrivabene decided in qualifying to release 100% power to see what the Mercedes really can.
    Probably that was the death sentence for the PU of Vettel.

Where are you getting your info that we ran the engine at 100% ?

Quote Originally Posted by Smintlemon View Post
    Im starting to see a pattern that this site posts stories of great conjecture.

Quote Originally Posted by Jax View Post
    Not to defend Lewis or anything, but how was that collision Lewis's mistake ?
    He had a poor start, he should understand, that there are other cars in this corner, especially when it is a (poor) start, and he left door open and Valtteri took that route, and Lewis closed door. Also, he has mirrors, he must have seen that Valtteri went to the right. So, really stupid mistake, and he does things like this, when he gets pressure from reality.

Quote Originally Posted by KimiBot View Post
    He had a poor start, he should understand, that there are other cars in this corner, especially when it is a (poor) start, and he left door open and Valtteri took that route, and Lewis closed door. Also, he has mirrors, he must have seen that Valtteri went to the right. So, really stupid mistake, and he does things like this, when he gets pressure from reality.
    Now that the engineers cannot be on the radio with the driver all the time, I am wondering how much that affects Lewis's performance?
    President, Scuderia Ferrari Club of Denver - The Official Passion
    http://www.scuderiaferrari.club
    denver@scuderiaferrari.club