Page 52 of 80 FirstFirst ... 227383940414243444546474849505152535455565758596061626364656677 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,560 of 2373

Thread: Scuderia Ferrari SF16-H Development thread.

off topic..but i believe this would put a smile on your face...

https://www.facebook.com/WatchF1Race...4379488623530/

Quote Originally Posted by f412 View Post

Yeah! Seen that one a couple of days ago. Very cute.
    Ferrari per sempre !

Quote Originally Posted by zike View Post
    Merc are no fools
    Yeah. They can't be fooled easily as that.

Not if it means being 3rd or worse. Only thing I'm tired of is not being 1st.
    Quote Originally Posted by zike View Post
    arent we all tired of being 2nd
    And yes Nova, this is the Development thread at least in name, in content.... not so much
    Forza Ferrari !
    "You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." - Juan Manuel Fangio

Quote Originally Posted by f412 View Post

This is so CUTE!!!

[QUOTE=abbottcostello;914253]Not if it means being 3rd or worse. Only thing I'm tired of is not being 1st.

I couldn't have said it better !

Ferrari will have 2017 test car ready by July

Ferrari looks set to get the jump on the Formula 1 field for 2017 by being first out of the blocks with a prototype test car for next season.

Top teams have put their hands up to help official supplier Pirelli develop its bigger and significantly different tyres for the wider and faster cars of next year.

Auto Motor und Sport reports that with Pirelli wanting to kick off track testing with specially-modified 2017 test cars, Ferrari is first in line.

“At the moment is looks as though Ferrari could be ready before the German grand prix” in July, revealed correspondent Michael Schmidt.

It is expected that test, featuring a 2015 Ferrari modified to stimulate the 25 per cent higher downforce load of 2017, will take place at the team’s own Fiorano test track.

And the report suggested that Red Bull will be next to finish a 2017 hybrid test car in early August, with that running to get started in Paul Ricard.

The only other team preparing a 2017 hybrid test car for Pirelli is Mercedes, whose car will be ready in late August and run at tracks including Silverstone.

It might be argued the top three teams are getting a significant advantage, but it is also costing them, with Red Bull boss Christian Horner estimating a minimum $1.5 million additional expense.

That will be spent on special suspension layouts, crash testing and and extra wind tunnel and CFD hours, although Mercedes’ Paddy Lowe insists that “We have to show that none of this time is used developing 2017 parts”.

We might as well switch to next years cars thread. This season is already in the books for us, sigh.

I haven't been following this closely, but is the 2017 rules finalized?
    Just curious to see what aero changes has been confirmed for 2017, if it is indeed finalized.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet View Post
    I haven't been following this closely, but is the 2017 rules finalized?
    Just curious to see what aero changes has been confirmed for 2017, if it is indeed finalized.
    one thing wt i can say is RB did play cards to their strengths.
    As next yr includes 25% more downforce & which also minimized the engine performance.

RB secured deal with renault till 2018, TR too included into that deal.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    one thing wt i can say is RB did play cards to their strengths.
    As next yr includes 25% more downforce & which also minimized the engine performance.

RB secured deal with renault till 2018, TR too included into that deal.
    Well it was Red Bull's rule idea which was taken for 2017, so it's logical to say, they will have an awesome car next year. More so as the Renault is up there with the engine as well. Mercedes has the best engine, proved that they are capable to build one of the best chassis. Where do we stand? Every year, when the rules changed we were caught off guard and are playing catch up ever since... unsuccessfully. We still stuggle with the same issues since 2011, which we wren't able to fix. There is nothing which points to it changing "overnight". I am actually scared of 2017, as I see it being another 2009/2014 kind of a year for us. And I would love to hear something oposing my statement, something which will give me hope.

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

Do we have any tokens left?
    Reno appears to have done a good job but
    I will wait to see it in the next few races.
    Gotta figure that TR would go reno seeing as how they
    are RB 2nd team.

Quote Originally Posted by Nova View Post
    are RB 2nd team.
    6 tokens left.

I'm just starting to think, we lost Fernando Alonso because we couldn't deliver... Whats the chances that we lose Vettel 2 years down the line if we cant give him a championship winning car... Or a car that can constantly win...

Drivers come and go.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Harley View Post
    Drivers come and go.
    And we will be still lost in translation

Please Ferrari can u take ''Dan the man'', please...it will give us a huge boost next season, c'mon MA make the move now that he seems in bad mood with his team...

Quote Originally Posted by Nomore View Post
    Please Ferrari can u take ''Dan the man'', please...it will give us a huge boost next season, c'mon MA make the move now that he seems in bad mood with his team...
    Won't happen! Seb is seen as top dog and i dont think he'd want him in the Ferrari, probably written in his contract he gets to oversee the second driver.

are RB 2nd team.

YES they have....some would day that they gained 20Hp or so from the 3 tokens they used for this engine upgrade
    and they STILL have a boatload of tokens left whereas we used to many tokens already adn ONLY have 6 left....i'm actually pretty worried as to how good the red fools are gonna be in Canada

let's hope that our suposedly turbo fix for canada, if it is actually gonna be true and NOT just another rumour someone has sparked on this forum (because frankly i have NOT heard anything from Ferrari's mouth saying that such thing will be coming to Canada), then we may stand a chance against the RED FOOLS
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Drivers come and go.
    from past 8yrs we've been saying the same.
    Alonso was gr8 racer, we lost him. Massa did a excellent job at ferrari, we lost him. Kimi as he is in retirement window, he will see his career off in ferrari max 1 more year.
    Vet has passion & wants to prove something that he's not only a 4 time world champion & wants to add few more with ferrari. I'm afraid we gonna loose him too, if the situation is same. Lets believe Ric comes into ferrari, do we give him World championship car or still we gonna say drivers come & go????

Arrivabene: "We will bring upgrades for the PU (in Canada). But we don't know if we will spend tokens. We're still talking with the FIA"

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    from past 8yrs we've been saying the same.
    Alonso was gr8 racer, we lost him. Massa did a excellent job at ferrari, we lost him. Kimi as he is in retirement window, he will see his career off in ferrari max 1 more year.
    Vet has passion & wants to prove something that he's not only a 4 time world champion & wants to add few more with ferrari. I'm afraid we gonna loose him too, if the situation is same. Lets believe Ric comes into ferrari, do we give him World championship car or still we gonna say drivers come & go????
    My thoughts exactly! If we carry on like this for the next year or so, like Alonso, Vettel will lose patience and begin to look elsewhere for a drive.

Quote Originally Posted by Seb View Post
    My thoughts exactly! If we carry on like this for the next year or so, like Alonso, Vettel will lose patience and begin to look elsewhere for a drive.
    And where would that crying baby go?
    He has run away from Ricciardo, in Merc he gets Hamilton, in Mclaren Alonso...

As I have said before, it's time to look at younger, cheaper drivers. Sainz, Ricciardo and Verstappen all cost 10% of what our drivers cost and they at least have the drive to really get that last drop of performance out of the car. Kimi is good but that last bit of performance has gone away from him. He is too old to push like a younger, sharper driver can.

Did we not so long ago see that he was able to keep up fine with that overhyped Verstappen lap after lap after lap?

Quote Originally Posted by Jax View Post
    Arrivabene: "We will bring upgrades for the PU (in Canada). But we don't know if we will spend tokens. We're still talking with the FIA"
    So, whats this mean? Im not quite sure I understand this line..talking w/the fia
    about what? Bring the kitchen sink if u have to.
    Would be something if it made the car faster....

So, whats this mean? Im not quite sure I understand this line..talking w/the fia
    about what? Bring the kitchen sink if u have to.
    Would be something if it made the car faster....
    Probably because Ferrari will try and "sell it" like it's for reliabilty.. Now we have reliability issues and we need to detune engine or so and with new turbo it's a reliability fix, but it allows us to use more HP.. The update will come and FIA need to decide if it cost us tokens or not

That's what I think
    “The Ferrari is a dream - people dream of owning this special vehicle and for most people it will remain a dream apart from for those lucky few.” ~ Enzo Ferrari

Did we not so long ago see that he was able to keep up fine with that overhyped Verstappen lap after lap after lap?
    Indeed, and you know what: it was even in a slower car! RBR clearly way ahead of us.. And Kimi was able to stay right behind the best driver F1 has ever seen, in a faster car.. Just insane..
    “The Ferrari is a dream - people dream of owning this special vehicle and for most people it will remain a dream apart from for those lucky few.” ~ Enzo Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Kristof_F40 View Post
    Indeed, and you know what: it was even in a slower car! RBR clearly way ahead of us.. And Kimi was able to stay right behind the best driver F1 has ever seen, in a faster car.. Just insane..
    actually Ferrari lacked only in last sector, others were fine/faster

Is the turbo fix for Canada still rummors or we have more concrete statements from the team?