Page 55 of 80 FirstFirst ... 5304142434445464748495051525354555657585960616263646566676869 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,650 of 2373

Thread: Scuderia Ferrari SF16-H Development thread.

When did our rear suspension change? It seems like we only had this problem since Barcelona not before.. Has rear suspension changed at Barcelona?
    “The Ferrari is a dream - people dream of owning this special vehicle and for most people it will remain a dream apart from for those lucky few.” ~ Enzo Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Kristof_F40 View Post
    When did our rear suspension change? It seems like we only had this problem since Barcelona not before.. Has rear suspension changed at Barcelona?
    Ιt looks that this is the solution is for our tire problem in Q!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    Ιt looks that this is the solution is for our tire problem in Q!
    No, you get me wrong.. The team is going to introduce the new rear suspension to try and solve our Q problem.. But it seems to me this problem in Q only started in Barcelona, so did we change our rear suspension in Barcelona compared to the beginning of the season? Because why did the problem start in Barcelona?
    “The Ferrari is a dream - people dream of owning this special vehicle and for most people it will remain a dream apart from for those lucky few.” ~ Enzo Ferrari

Let's hope this is the update we have all been waiting
    http://www.gptoday.com/full_story/vi...rbo_in_Canada/

Saw on twitter there might be no new rear suspension in Canada but may introduce later
    #PrayforMH370 #KeepFightingSchumi

Why am I not surprised by Merc also bringing updated engine on reliabilty grounds just like last year and i'm sure they will open up a nice gap in front just like last year

Let's hope the new rear suspension improves our traction in slow corners.

Quote Originally Posted by Kristof_F40 View Post
    No, you get me wrong.. The team is going to introduce the new rear suspension to try and solve our Q problem.. But it seems to me this problem in Q only started in Barcelona, so did we change our rear suspension in Barcelona compared to the beginning of the season? Because why did the problem start in Barcelona?
    It's not that the problem with traction started in Barcelona, Barcelona S3 and Monaco are 2 circuits very traction dependent, so we could feel the pain of not having the best traction clearly, but with better traction out of the corners the history of the 2016 WDC and WCC could be quite different.
    Go Ferrari, beat them all!

Quote Originally Posted by Aberracus View Post
    It's not that the problem with traction started in Barcelona, Barcelona S3 and Monaco are 2 circuits very traction dependent, so we could feel the pain of not having the best traction clearly, but with better traction out of the corners the history of the 2016 WDC and WCC could be quite different.
    I'm talking about the tyre problem.. We didn't improve in Q3 in Barcelona and Monaco because of something with tyres.. The races before we never had that issue............

Can someone please clarify, since we haven't used any tokens to fix the turbo issue, based on reliability can we use the new turbo and replace the old ones without incurring penalties going forward? Or it counts as one of the alloted five?

Yes, we have 5 turbo units and then start with the penalties

Quote Originally Posted by gjoko-mkd View Post
    Yes, we have 5 turbo units and then start with the penalties
    Thx

Jock Clear says we have NOT fixed our tire issues yet.

Quote Originally Posted by S1000RR View Post
    Someone in charge @ Ferrari needs to call the tire guy @ Merc before each race and ask what's the best way to go, it's seems over anyones head at Ferrari. We need Seb on pole !

Quote Originally Posted by S1000RR View Post
    we can not fixed them in 6 years, what makes zou think we can do it in 3-4 weeks

One team passed recently the crash test, with shorter nose , many in the paddock believe that it was Ferrari.

Quote Originally Posted by zike View Post
    One team passed recently the crash test, with shorter nose , many in the paddock believe that it was Ferrari.
    shorter noze??? i thought it was already short....or shorter then last year

even if it's true, the noze is NOT our problem...our noze is somewhat the same as red fools and they have a MUCH, MUCH better car as far as AERO efficiency...

we NEED badly to fix our issues with mechanical traction out of slow corners (cause that's wehre we get eaten alive by red fools and Mercedes) as well as figure out a way to "legally" cheat on the tire pressures as the likes of Mercedes and now Red fools...

so yeah, the short noze is the LEAST of our worries
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

i sure hope this is NOT the weather for this weekend's race....

because if it is, NOT only am i gonna FREEZE my $%# (cause i will be at the race), but knowing that Ferrari have a hard time warming up the tires and with this cold weather and possible rain predicting for Sunday (only 13 degrees for the high), BOY oh BOY are we gonna be in trouble

so i'm hoping that from now on until the weekend the weather will somehow get better

Attachment 6747

Attachment 6748
    Last edited by FerrariF60; 7th June 2016 at 15:30.
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    i sure hope this is NOT the weather for this weekend's race....

because if it is, NOT only am i gonna FREEZE my $%# (cause i will be at the race), but knowing that Ferrari have a hard time warming up the tires and with this cold weather and possible rain predicting for Sunday (only 13 degrees for the high), BOY oh BOY are we gonna be in trouble

so i'm hoping that from now on until the weekend the weather will somehow get better

Attachment 6747
    In the race we will be fine no matter the weather. Monaco is unique ...

Just read that Ferrari had to use 3 tokens for the turbo upgrade and only Seb will use it in Canada. Can anyone confirm that it isn't just a "quality" Czech journalism?

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

Quote Originally Posted by Jax View Post
    In the race we will be fine no matter the weather. Monaco is unique ...
    OK if you say so....but my &$$ won't be sitting in the COLD rain in those grandstands...i guess i better invest in some rainsuits and thick sweaters....LOLOLOL

Quote Originally Posted by Kyss4k View Post
    Just read that Ferrari had to use 3 tokens for the turbo upgrade and only Seb will use it in Canada. Can anyone confirm that it isn't just a "quality" Czech journalism?
    yeah, i TOO heard that ONLY Seb will use the new turbo...i wonder WHY not for kimi also??? did honeywell only had parts to make ONLY ONE??

and as far as using tokens, i thought that we did this under "reliability" concerns....so i'm speachless

If they are using tokens its because they can't get away with this being a pure reliability fix. The FIA must believe the turbo change would be a bigger improvement than a pure reliability fix would provide. This would mean Ferrari have taken the turbo a step up in performance which is great news.

ferrari f60 ware are you sitting?8 of us are in gs 24.we are coming from 6 hrs south of montreal been going since 82.any of you out there that have not been you need to go.the track and city is in the top 5 on the calendar.have a great weeknd f60

Quote Originally Posted by djmorin27 View Post
    ferrari f60 ware are you sitting?8 of us are in gs 24.we are coming from 6 hrs south of montreal been going since 82.any of you out there that have not been you need to go.the track and city is in the top 5 on the calendar.have a great weeknd f60
    yeah, for sure....the track is really a good track as well as the city which comes alive when F1 weekend is ON; i go there every other year
    i'm sitting in gs33

have fun this weekend and let's hope for good weekend for Ferrari...maybe even a WIN???? i know it's pushing it, but HEY this is F1 anything can happen

Ferrari Formula 1 team gets engine upgrade for Canadian Grand PrixBy Lawrence BarrettoTuesday, June 7th 2016, 16:16 GMT

Ferrari is set to introduce a Formula 1 power unit upgrade for this weekend's Canadian Grand Prix as it continues its bid to close the gap to rival Mercedes.

Both Sebastian Vettel and Kimi Raikkonen will receive the update, which is believed to focus on the turbo and requires a spend of two development tokens.

That would take Ferrari's total token spend to 28 and leave it with four remaining for this season.

Ferrari was the biggest spender of tokens before the start of the season with 23 and spent three more before the Russian GP.

The Scuderia suffered its worst result of the season in Monaco, scoring just 12 points as Mercedes pulled 67 points clear in the constructors' championship.

Red Bull, meanwhile, closed the gap to Ferrari to just nine points and will have the updated Renault engine for both its cars in Canada.

Honda is the only manufacturer yet to have used any tokens during the season and has 14 remaining.

Mercedes has 11 while Renault, which used three for its latest upgrade, still has 21 - the most of any manufacturer.
    Source: autosport

So both will receive the upgraded turbo. I read on motosport f1 that we will also have new suspension. Hopefully they all work as planned.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyss4k View Post
    Just read article from motosport.com and it only mentioned Vettel will get new turbo..Nothing on Kimi
    #PrayforMH370 #KeepFightingSchumi

Quote Originally Posted by jragona View Post
    If they are using tokens its because they can't get away with this being a pure reliability fix. The FIA must believe the turbo change would be a bigger improvement than a pure reliability fix would provide. This would mean Ferrari have taken the turbo a step up in performance which is great news.
    Also possible they don't want competition to know the details of the upgrade. Any time a pu (or a component of the pu) modification is submitted as an update for reliability or safety, the submission is submitted to ALL the other teams - they get to review it and then they can object if they think it is not for reliability, safety or cost saving.

From FIA Formula 1 Sporting Regulations - Appendix 4, Section 5
    ...sole purposes of reliability, safety, cost-saving.
    Applications must be made in writing to the FIA Technical Department and must provide all necessary supporting information including, where appropriate, clear evidence of failures. The FIA will circulate the correspondence to all manufacturers for comment. If the FIA is satisfied, in its absolute discretion, that these changes are acceptable, they will confirm to the manufacturer concerned that they may be carried out.
    May not want other mfgrs. to know details, especially Renault, in light of their recent gains!
    Forza Ferrari !
    "You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." - Juan Manuel Fangio

4 tokens left vs 21 of Renault Let's hope this update does the trick!

Also:
    "The Scuderia will also offer its drivers a revised rear suspension on its SF16-H chassis, the new design destined to resolve issues linked with the car's mechanical grip and the use of its Pirelli tyres."
    Last edited by S1000RR; 8th June 2016 at 08:05.

Quote Originally Posted by fronaldo View Post
    Just read article from motosport.com and it only mentioned Vettel will get new turbo..Nothing on Kimi
    They talk in a general way. They say Vettel to mean Ferrari :) Also Kimi should have upgrades (also because Kimi's TC has more kms than the one of Seb)