Page 6 of 80 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819203156 ... LastLast

Thread: Scuderia Ferrari SF16-H Development thread.

Yes, that is the pic I saw on facetube..Take it easy, she coming n
    she be bella. I understand the excitement..I wanna see her too..

Sounds funny, but having reliabilty issues on test beds (while simulator numbers still look excellent) would be blessing in disguise. It means Ferrari is pushing things, and not being conservative like in last couple years. Truly hope 667 flies!

Iam really getting excited by all this news.Hope all this news is true

Hope it is going to be a real killer!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Majki2111 View Post
    I think there is no chance Ferrari wins the title this year. They are lacking everywhere and have a big gaines to make. Mercedes will still be in front by half a second.
    And Mclaren and Fernando will still be way back at back, or they may get upto mid field.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    And Mclaren and Fernando will still be way back at back, or they may get upto mid field.
    LOLOLOL.....maybe with a bit of luck Nando and Mclaren will be battling with the midfield teams....i'd be laughing sooo hard if even Haas F1 team will be doing better then them....oh wait, of course they;ll be doing better, they'll have the FERRARI engine, of course they'll going past Mclaren with a crippled honda engine any day....
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

I have big expectations from the PU for next season. I think we will have a slight power advantage over Merc similar to the one they had over us in 2015. It's the chassis that is a big unknown. Over the years even in the toughest seasons (ignoring 2014), no matter how bad the car was the engine was a consistent strong point. It has been many years since we have had a great chassis/aero, and this will be the big test.

I think there is no chance Ferrari wins the title this year. They are lacking everywhere and have a big gaines to make. Mercedes will still be in front by half a second.
    Are you not at the wrong place, judging by your profile picture?!
    I mean, there is a freedom of speech and thinking, but I am just wandering why here?!?

Yes Ferrari does have a chance this year. But dont rule out Mac.
    They had a terrible year, but theres no reason to think they will not make gains.
    I wouldnt be surprised if theyre running upwards of midfield.
    People were saying the same thing about us after 2014 and we made a
    pretty good comeback.
    I have no idea where Haas will be, new team, new chassis. Im hoping Sauber has a better year.

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    Are you not at the wrong place, judging by your profile picture?!
    I mean, there is a freedom of speech and thinking, but I am just wandering why here?!?

hi Stefa....yeah i guess he got lost and accidentally stumbled across this awesome forum and decided to post a bunch of non sense comments here, NOT realizing that this is actually a FERRARI forum....LOL

good luck to HIM, his idol Nando along with McMowers because they'll need a LOT of next year.....Muahhhahha
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

I don't know of title chances but I agree that Ferrari needs to make big steps forward with chassis, aero, suspension and PU etc. ie. just about everywhere. Especially as the competition is trying to achieve the same.

I would not rule out McLaren-Honda. Who knows what sort of rocket they are able to produce for 2016 season. Or a dud.

Quote Originally Posted by Nova View Post
    Yes Ferrari does have a chance this year. But dont rule out Mac.
    They had a terrible year, but theres no reason to think they will not make gains.
    I wouldnt be surprised if theyre running upwards of midfield.
    People were saying the same thing about us after 2014 and we made a
    pretty good comebac
    k.
    I have no idea where Haas will be, new team, new chassis. Im hoping Sauber has a better year.
    There really is no comparison that can be drawn there. Yes we were in a pretty bad shape last year, embarrassing even, but we were fighting for 3rd with Wiliams. While what Honda and Mclaren did last season will go down as one of the most spectacular flops in f1. The car has nothing going for it. Shockingly poor reliability, pedestrian levels of power, mediocre chassis. Worst of all they showed no sighs of improvement through the year. They have a massive budget, they used their engine tokens, and brought many aero parts to the car and if anything the gap to the front runners grew bigger (excluding the first 2 races). The reliability continues to be as awful as it was at the start of the year. So in recap they need to find a lot of power, downforce, and reliability in just a few months.

Quote Originally Posted by cokata View Post
    There really is no comparison that can be drawn there. Yes we were in a pretty bad shape last year, embarrassing even, but we were fighting for 3rd with Wiliams. While what Honda and Mclaren did last season will go down as one of the most spectacular flops in f1. The car has nothing going for it. Shockingly poor reliability, pedestrian levels of power, mediocre chassis. Worst of all they showed no sighs of improvement through the year. They have a massive budget, they used their engine tokens, and brought many aero parts to the car and if anything the gap to the front runners grew bigger (excluding the first 2 races). The reliability continues to be as awful as it was at the start of the year. So in recap they need to find a lot of power, downforce, and reliability in just a few months.
    My thoughts exactly!!!And another thing that people forget is that we(as Merc and Renault)in 2014 where in unknown territories while Honda could observe how this new PU works in real life and even more the best PU in McLarens back(even if it was lower specification)!!!So yes they had no excuse for their form!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    My thoughts exactly!!!And another thing that people forget is that we(as Merc and Renault)in 2014 where in unknown territories while Honda could observe how this new PU works in real life and even more the best PU in McLarens back(even if it was lower specification)!!!So yes they had no excuse for their form!!!
    Merc was never in unknown territories with these PU
    Last edited by zike; 8th January 2016 at 16:15.

Quote Originally Posted by zike View Post
    Merc was never in unknown territories with these PU
    I mean it was the 1st time to run these new PU in real life and check how things works like temperatures etc!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Honda had a year to carefully monitor how the 3 other manufacturers were doing, and where were their strengths and weaknesses. They cherry-picked the best ideas from them, and on paper their layout looked pretty clever and well packaged. The reality however was very different. Considering that they had some numbers from the 1st season when it comes to how much power they have to get, how much energy it was expected to recover per lap, etc, they did a very poor job. Either they started dyno testing very late and had no time to make major changes, or they were counting on some miracle that will fix the whole mess.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Harley View Post
    I don't know of title chances but I agree that Ferrari needs to make big steps forward with chassis, aero, suspension and PU etc. ie. just about everywhere. Especially as the competition is trying to achieve the same.

I would not rule out McLaren-Honda. Who knows what sort of rocket they are able to produce for 2016 season. Or a dud.
    Hi

All the best wishes in 2016, and off course WDC and CWC!!!

Never a Mclaren fan myself, but I wouldn't dare write them off as being unable to come back fighting. We under-estimate them at our peril....although I sincerely hope that they won't become a serious threat any time soon.

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    Never a Mclaren fan myself, but I wouldn't dare write them off as being unable to come back fighting. We under-estimate them at our peril....although I sincerely hope that they won't become a serious threat any time soon.
    Of corse anything CAN happen.We just comment on the facts,and the facts say that their kind of lost their path and this might not be an easy fix!!!People tend to correlate this to our situation back in 2014 but its completely different!!Anyhow i wish they dont make big gains!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cokata View Post
    I think we were so bad in 14 that we were just as bad as Mac. We brought Updates n still stunk it up. This is Ferrari, even in 09 when we didn't do well kimi was still able to win a race. Reminded me of 94 when we were a joke. so while u don't think it compares, I certainly did. Hope I never see it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    I can understand wanting McLaren to do badly, but why Fernando? He only did good things for us.

I think we were so bad in 14 that we were just as bad as Mac. We brought Updates n still stunk it up. This is Ferrari, even in 09 when we didn't do well kimi was still able to win a race. Reminded me of 94 when we were a joke. so while u don't think it compares, I certainly did. Hope I never see it again.
    Well if that's your opinion..... I hope for every ferrari fan's sake that you don't get to experience a season where your team has 0 podiums and finishing second to last in the championship.

How we where as bad as McL??We had 3 podiums most of the times in top 5-6 and almost every time in top 10!!!Mclhad just 3-4 points finish!!Even the numbers are NO comparable at all!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

I 1994 Ferrari win 1 race and been on pole 3 times

Quote Originally Posted by Ste View Post
    I can understand wanting McLaren to do badly, but why Fernando? He only did good things for us.
    Yes he did. Bit now he is no longer part of SF, therefore he is "enemy" as every else not driving for Ferrari!

Quote Originally Posted by Noquarter View Post
    I 1994 Ferrari win 1 race and been on pole 3 times
    That was one of the best looking Ferrari F1

I really think there's something lost when there is such a large gap between the top four teams (Mercedes, Ferrari, Williams, Red Bull). I want to see Ferrari consistently coming in first and McLaren consistently get into Q1 this season. Yeah, I know all about spygate and how they're "the enemy," but better competition is good for the sport.

Disappointed Since 2010

I would love to see Mercedes, Renault, Ferrari, McLaren, FI, Williams and Sauber separated by only a one second a lap difference in qualifying but have Ferrari win every race. It is not that satisfying when Mercedes is our only competition.
    Which is why I thought our Singapore win was the best this year. We were having a (seemingly) close battle with Ricciardo's Red Bull.
    Vous resterez toujours en nos coeurs, Jules.

Quote Originally Posted by TigerKing View Post
    I would love to see Mercedes, Renault, Ferrari, McLaren, FI, Williams and Sauber separated by only a one second a lap difference in qualifying but have Ferrari win every race. It is not that satisfying when Mercedes's is the team to beat out there.
    Which is why I thought our Singapore win was the best this year. We were having a (seemingly) close battle with Ricciardo's Red Bull.
    there i fixed it for ya....WE are the current second fastest team to Mercedes....or at least we were in 2015....what i WANT to see from Ferrari, is to for US to be at the front fighting for wins, with Mercedes and everyone else being our CLOSEST competitors....

who knows, maybe with a bit of luck and a LOT of hard work from all the boys and girls back in Maranello, maybe this "dream" of mine and every Ferrari fan out there may come true

Quote Originally Posted by darkchild View Post
    Sounds funny, but having reliabilty issues on test beds (while simulator numbers still look excellent) would be blessing in disguise. It means Ferrari is pushing things, and not being conservative like in last couple years. Truly hope 667 flies!
    Indeed. Reliability issues over performance issues anytime.
    No need to worry about tokens when making engine more reliable.