Page 70 of 80 FirstFirst ... 204556575859606162636465666768697071727374757677787980 LastLast
Results 2,071 to 2,100 of 2373

Thread: Scuderia Ferrari SF16-H Development thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Yeah? why do you think we are not?
    Who is big?

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    Who is big?
    That wasn't the question?
    Forza Ferrari

Kvyat confirmed with Red Bull for 2017 F1!!
    http://www.f1hub.net/index.php/f1-20...or-2017/10988/

Small company?!?!?!??!
    It is not small in terms fo being bigger than 99% of all businesses in EU. But actually it is relatively small if you consider other companies from automotive industry.

Small company?!?!?!??!
    Ferrari, in units sold a year is very small compared to Mercedes, BMW and the rest. We sold just over 2000 units so far, were as Mercedes has sold nearly half a million units so far. People only think Ferrari is bigger because of the name and history. But, we very small fish in the automotive industry.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Ferrari generates ~ 2.8billion net revenue per year.
    Mercedes alone about 60billion.

Fiat-Chrysler ~ 110billion
    Daimler AG ~ 150 billion.

Constructive comparision perhaps would compare niche markets, over lumping it all together. Ferrari is not your Honda Civic for a trip to supermarket, and neither is Maybach or AMG. (Just thinking loud, no harm intended).

IMHO Ferrari should be compared to Mercedes-AMG and Fiat Chrysler Automobiles to Daimler AG.

In either case pockets of the parent companies are quite deep.

It occurred to me on more than one occasion, whether Mercedes actually benefitted more from their racing success in past 2+ years, than Ferrari got hurt by not sticking up above the crowd as a champion. Gut feeling is telling me, that clientele which wants a red car they will buy it regardless of the F1, just as Mercedes will sell the cars with or without Hamilton. This then begs a question whether F1 is actually relevant to promotion of the brand, altho it has currently some degree of technological relevancy to civil road transportation.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Harley View Post
    IMHO Ferrari should be compared to Mercedes-AMG and Fiat Chrysler Automobiles to Daimler AG.

I'm not certain what the AMG situation is, but I believe Fiat spun off the shares of Ferrari to it's existing shareholders...

I would think that would mean that legally, Fiat does not own Ferrari anymore even though the majority shareholder may still be the same...

http://www.wsj.com/articles/fiat-sha...off-1451896459
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Harley View Post

Not really as Fiat do not fund Ferrari.
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    I'm not certain what the AMG situation is, but I believe Fiat spun off the shares of Ferrari to it's existing shareholders...
    Thanks for the correction.

Maybe separation of Ferrari from Fiat have in part caused the reduced political influence Ferrari seem to have these days; Red Bull Gmbh's annual revenue is double that of Ferrari S.p.A.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    Ferrari, in units sold a year is very small compared to Mercedes, BMW and the rest. We sold just over 2000 units so far, were as Mercedes has sold nearly half a million units so far. People only think Ferrari is bigger because of the name and history. But, we very small fish in the automotive industry.
    But that is not comparable, is it? Ferrari sis selling high priced cars, where cheapest is almost as the most expensive from Mercedes!?

But that is not comparable, is it? Ferrari sis selling high priced cars, where cheapest is almost as the most expensive from Mercedes!?
    If we're talking about unit sales and revenue, it is. I don't see any other metrics for comparison.

Returning back to the original proposition, at least as I've understood it, question raised was, whether Ferrari, because of its relative business size, can fund sufficiently their F1 racing activities. I think the answer is positive.

If money is the problem I'm sure Ferrari's credit is good with Santander. Their first move should be to purchase at any cost a reliable gearbox. Just think where Seb would be with a real gearbox.

Revenues/EBIT (in billions EUR):
    Ferrari: 3/0.4
    Renault: 45/2
    Daimler group: 150/13

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Trying to finish the season as high as possible year after year is a disgrace! Think losing! Out of the points! Give up! Sit out a year, give everyone an undeserved rest ! There's always next year!
    You missed the point probably.. simply said, to be out of the points in one season and win both champoinships year after that or to be second in both years, take your pick.

I do respect Sig. LdM, but I am not sure what is medically confirmed diagnosis, or just a simple friendly expression of hope, which is fine, but regarding real Michael's progress, I would like to have Ms. S. Kehm confirm the same.

Same old. Seeing is believing.

Patience is a virtue.

The cynic in me half expected SV to say, "We've identified the problem. The car isn't fast enough...".

I am quite disappointed in his statement about "..having a plan to SLOWLY resolve the problem." I know with the technology and processes required to design, build, update, modify the cars isn't as easy as going up to a local auto parts store and bolting on performance, I just hoped (key word) that the Prancing Horse was bigger and able to do things faster than just "slowly resolve the problem".

First of all, herein is the quote from linked article. I do not find anything being said about working slowly. Methinks that he is letting public know the issue is complex, and we should not expect having it fixed by the next race.
    “It’s not something to change overnight but there is a plan and the second half should be stronger in that regard.
    I am OK with it.

I just hope it can be well understood so we won't see this in 2017

Quote Originally Posted by jragona View Post
    I just hope it can be well understood so we won't see this in 2017
    Amen to this!

Last edited by Sakae; 17th August 2016 at 11:06.

http://www.gptoday.com/full_story/vi...isappointment/

Interesting and surprising voice coming from Weber (from all people).

Quote Originally Posted by Sakae View Post
    http://www.gptoday.com/full_story/vi...isappointment/

Interesting and surprising voice coming from Weber (from all people).
    And what Webber accomplished with the fastest car ?

Quote Originally Posted by Warp View Post
    And what Webber accomplished with the fastest car ?
    I find rather comforting his conciliatory tone towards Vettel (considering checkered past of their former relationship). Something is not quite right; first Alonso, and now Webber, and both being nice?