Page 71 of 80 FirstFirst ... 2146575859606162636465666768697071727374757677787980 LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,130 of 2373

Thread: Scuderia Ferrari SF16-H Development thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Warp View Post
    And what Webber accomplished with the fastest car ?
    almost won teh championship in 2010 did he NOT??? if it wasn't for him brushing off the rear left wheel/tire and having to pit early and change the tire

all three of them (alonso, vettel adn webber) could have won the WDC in the last race and i guess SEB came out teh winner out of the TRIO

Any latest news on the development of the car or just focusing for 2017 season?
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by fmatiasii View Post
    Any latest news on the development of the car or just focusing for 2017 season?
    my personal opinion is that, it would be wise if we had switched ALL our resources to the 2017 contender, because it will be tough, very tough to overcome the Merc's and red bulls for this year....

and for next year, even though we have different sets of rules, we know how good red Bull and now even Mercedes are at getting things right, and with US missing a KEY person in our AERO dept. (James Allison) it will now be even harder for us to come up with some clever design in order to leap frog both the mercs and red fools...

so yeah, i don't think Ferrari should spend/waste more time on the 2016 car and FULLY concentrate on the 2017...but we can ONLY speculate what theyr'e going to do...let's hope that the decision they take WILL be the right one

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    my personal opinion is that, it would be wise if we had switched ALL our resources to the 2017 contender, because it will be tough, very tough to overcome the Merc's and red bulls for this year....

and for next year, even though we have different sets of rules, we know how good red Bull and now even Mercedes are at getting things right, and with US missing a KEY person in our AERO dept. (James Allison) it will now be even harder for us to come up with some clever design in order to leap frog both the mercs and red fools...

so yeah, i don't think Ferrari should spend/waste more time on the 2016 car and FULLY concentrate on the 2017...but we can ONLY speculate what theyr'e going to do...let's hope that the decision they take WILL be the right one
    Amen to that!

If they stop working on the car the rest of the year will be a wash. So no..keep working on the car.
    Teams generally have a group for both cars, so to give up now is a waste.
    Could you imagine where we'd be finishing by the end of the year if we gave up now?
    So no way. I think we can win a race or 2 this year.

All of you doomers can give up if you want, but Im not.

Quote Originally Posted by Nova View Post
    If they stop working on the car the rest of the year will be a wash. So no..keep working on the car.
    Could you imagine where we'd be finishing by the end of the year if we gave up now?

Amen to that .

Quote Originally Posted by Nova View Post

Giving up is not a waste, even if you have a group of designers for each car, windtunnel's hours and CFD processing is restricted so whatever you assign to this year's car development on those areas, you're taking it away from next year's car.

I'm not implying Ferrari should quit this year's car development, but balancing 2016/2017 development is not as easy as you put it.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the team shift focus to 2017 like two months ago? I'm pretty sure they were only working to correct the design flaws with this year's car in order to not repeat the same mistakes next year.

Disappointed Since 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Giallo 550 View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the team shift focus to 2017 like two months ago? I'm pretty sure they were only working to correct the design flaws with this year's car in order to not repeat the same mistakes next year.
    Yes, obviously.
    But when we consider the Updates they Brought since the Last Test in March, i cant believe that they are Seriously working on the Aero/ Chassis Development of this years car.

Excuse:

had worked Seriously !

Seems like we will have a significant engine upgrade in Monza..

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/fe...pgrade-809423/
    "That has made me fall in love with Ferrari even more today than ever." Fernando Alonso

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrari Man View Post
    Seems like we will have a significant engine upgrade in Monza..

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/fe...pgrade-809423/
    I hope that turns out to be true...

And then Mercedes will spend all of their 11 tokens... :D

Quote Originally Posted by F1NAC View Post
    And then Mercedes will spend all of their 11 tokens... :D
    OR, Merc will just turn up the engine a bit more and VOILA, all of a sudden they find HALF a second or more and still be ahead of all the field, NOT just Ferrari....sad but true

cannot wait for 2017 when every engine manufacturer can do whatever they want and spend unlimited tokens to their engines.

of course Mercedes will do the same, but hopefully we'll beat them....without a limit on engine tokens there should be NO excuse for Ferrari to come SECOND in that department.

OR, Merc will just turn up the engine a bit more and VOILA, all of a sudden they find HALF a second or more and still be ahead of all the field, NOT just Ferrari....sad but true

cannot wait for 2017 when every engine manufacturer can do whatever they want and spend unlimited tokens to their engines.

of course Mercedes will do the same, but hopefully we'll beat them....without a limit on engine tokens there should be NO excuse for Ferrari to come SECOND in that department.
    With new regulations & tyres Next year mercs will struggle.
    I think championship will be between RB & Ferrari. It reminds me of season 2009-2014.
    RB will be ahead with new regulations, Ferrari might be competing with them.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    With new regulations & tyres Next year mercs will struggle.
    I think championship will be between RB & Ferrari. It reminds me of season 2009-2014.
    RB will be ahead with new regulations, Ferrari might be competing with them.
    And you’re making this prediction and/or assumption based on WHAT?? Do you have a crystal ball or something??
    Nobody knows exactly what’s gonna happen next season and who’s gonna be at the front. I know there are new rules, new tyres…etc, etc, but the fact is that the Mercs have been very strong for THREE years now and who’s to say that they won’t be strong next year??
    From now until next year when the preseason testing will start, all we can do is speculate which team will be the front runner.

BELIEVE you me, I more than anything hope that we’re gonna be at the front next year fighting for WINS at every race….but as they say, ONLY time will tell.

Ross Brawn is to reveal secrets of F1 politics and team management in a new book he has written in co-operation with former Williams CEO Adam Parr.

Total Competition: Lessons in Strategy from Formula One is a dialogue between Parr and Brawn examining how the latter achieved his success in motor sport across several decades and teams.

In order to frame the discussion, the two looked at different approaches to strategy down the centuries, and noted the similarities between F1 and military strategy from various eras of history.

They also examined how the lessons from F1 can be applied in other areas of management.

The project was instigated by Parr, who has completed a PhD on strategy at University College London since leaving his Williams role.

He previously published a book about his time at the heart of the sport, The Art of War: Five Years in Formula One, which was presented in the style of a graphic novel.

"I approached Ross about this idea because I was struck by the way in which he worked in F1 while I was there," Parr told Motorsport.com.

"Ross was going on his sabbatical when I started at Williams at the end of 2006. By the time he reappeared a year later at Honda, I had learnt a lot about him.

"Then I watched with amazement as he worked methodically through 2008 and 2009, turning what would have been a disaster for most teams into an extraordinary success.

"I noted that the way Ross worked was instinctively strategic. We kept in touch after I left F1, and when I had finished my PhD I thought it would be fun to write a book with him on how he worked – to test his methodology in F1 against the theory and practice of strategy that I had studied."

"Adam came to me and said he often thought that a lot of the teachings and philosophies of the military strategists are similar to the approach I took in F1," Brawn told Motorsport.com.

"I have to say quite a lot of them I'd picked up, but not consciously. I hadn't read military strategy, so I didn't know the art of war, and all that sort of stuff.

"So he took me through it and we made some interesting analogies between the teachings of the Chinese philosophers and military strategists, along with the Roman strategists.

"We also looked at an approach called 'operational art' that was developed by the Soviets after the First World War and seemed particularly relevant."

Brawn says there are clear comparisons with the sport: "Building an army and succeeding in wars is a multi-faceted equation, which includes politics, finance, morale as well as the more obvious aspects like technical capability – it includes so many things. And you can actually look at F1 and say it's the same.

"The point is that success in F1 requires you to be strategic – and this is what we discussed. What we hope is that the discussion will not just appeal to F1 fans but also to people in other walks of life who have to manage complex challenges on limited resources and perhaps also in a competitive environment."

The book will be published by Simon & Schuster in November.
    Ferrari may wait until Monza for promising engine upgrade
    Previous article
    Ferrari may wait until Monza for promising engine upgrade
    Da Costa: It's still
    Next article
    Da Costa: It's still "really hard" to cope with lost F1 chance

Ferrari is poised to hold fire until the Italian Grand Prix on an engine upgrade that sources suggest could be enough to lift it on a par with Mercedes.

The Italian outfit is still chasing its first win of the year and believes there is plenty of potential to come from tweaks it has planned for its internal combustion engine.

The changes are understood to use up the remaining three engine development tokens the team has at its disposal, with the Maranello organisation having been the most aggressive out of all the manufacturers so far this season in upgrading its power unit.

But despite having the changes ready to run, and big optimism about the performance step, it is understood that there is a feeling the team may be better waiting to introduce it.

Holding fire until Monza would give Ferrari extra time on the dyno to ensure there are no reliability problems, and would make more sense in terms of engine usage up until now.

The current units being used by Sebastian Vettel and Kimi Raikkonen have only been in their cars for four races – Austria, Britain, Hungary and Germany - so it would be a little premature to make a change now.

The previous specification of engines had run without problems for five races from Russia until Baku.

Having another race weekend in the bank with the older specification would also limit any potential for reliability dramas later in the campaign with the new power units, something which is more important for Vettel as he is already on his fourth unit following his Bahrain GP failure.

How about the replacement of JA? who will take his place in this coming race? (spa)
    Forza Ferrari

And you’re making this prediction and/or assumption based on WHAT?? Do you have a crystal ball or something??
    Nobody knows exactly what’s gonna happen next season and who’s gonna be at the front. I know there are new rules, new tyres…etc, etc, but the fact is that the Mercs have been very strong for THREE years now and who’s to say that they won’t be strong next year??
    From now until next year when the preseason testing will start, all we can do is speculate which team will be the front runner.

BELIEVE you me, I more than anything hope that we’re gonna be at the front next year fighting for WINS at every race….but as they say, ONLY time will tell.
    These new rules are changed to stop merc domination & give a probability to get some other team into the act. As we know, merc started their 2014car development long ago with some secret tests with Pirelli too.

Also next year rules tend towards more aerodynamic settings, RB is in good place as usual. The point is which team is gonna compete with RB, so I predicted it might be Ferrari.
    There's no need of crystal ball for this. Little bit of analysis is required that's it.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    These new rules are changed to stop merc domination & give a probability to get some other team into the act. As we know, merc started their 2014car development long ago with some secret tests with Pirelli too.

There's no need of crystal ball for this. Little bit of analysis is required that's it.
    But our car lacks also on aerodynamics compared to merc. Have you seen on many occasions our drivers struggle to handle the car on corner exiting ?

Quote Originally Posted by DJTaurus View Post
    But our car lacks also on aerodynamics compared to merc. Have you seen on many occasions our drivers struggle to handle the car on corner exiting ?
    I saw an article somewhere around, I couldn't remember exactly. It says about drivers who will be benifitted
    With new tyres. It's just an analysis, there it was mentioned about the point corner exiting. Also Ferrari doesn't take the tight line, this new Pirelli tyres will give extra push & more attack in the corners without loosing power. Of course there is something to do with our chassis design too.
    But I think we may have something coming up for next year, else JA role wouldn't have given to the guy who is more expert in engine dept.

Any one, what is weather forecast for the upcoming Belgian GP?

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    Any one, what is weather forecast for the upcoming Belgian GP?
    Its Spa. If it's not raining, it's getting ready to rain.

Quote Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01 View Post
    Its Spa. If it's not raining, it's getting ready to rain.
    ha, ha....that is sooooooo TRUE....
    very rarely the weather at SPA will be sunny and nice...most of the time is gloomy and rainy

Well it's 35°C now here and in this time of the year it's rare to say at least.

Friday and Saturday will be sunny but sunday will be cooler with maybe rain :D.
    Hero's come and go, but legends never die!

From F1 techical>

Image of new diffuser. AMUS stated one of the problems with the aero on the SF16-H is that the downforce was not consistent during long corners, making the car unstable. This diffuser change may be intended to lessen the chance of stall and give more consistent downforce.

Quote Originally Posted by fmatiasii View Post
    How about the replacement of JA? who will take his place in this coming race? (spa)
    Mattia Binotto

Wolff made some interesting comments regarding discrepancies between assumptions, and actual performace of tires. I would not be surprised if Ferrari has been affected in similar fashion.
    http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/wo...at-spa-811479/
    For example, tire contact patch being half size than run in a simulator. That's huge. In Spa, both Ferraris run full race being damaged. Vettel's rear of the car was something to watch - very unstable, but I have feeling they moved forward in car performance.

so will we have the PU update in Monza?