Page 77 of 80 FirstFirst ... 22752636465666768697071727374757677787980 LastLast
Results 2,281 to 2,310 of 2373

Thread: Scuderia Ferrari SF16-H Development thread.

Seeing how this is a development thread and there havent been any posts about the actual
    development of the car, Im looking around to c if there has been any news of how Reno/rb
    have their engine working so well..Ive read nothing about reno spending the so called many tokens they have/had left, unless thats not news, but there has to be something going on for them to have found so much speed of late. Did reno use their tokens? That would be 1 reason. But the reno factory team still appear to be nowhere. If they did improve their engine, I would think that reno would also have taken
    a step forward, which they havent.

Both Ferrari drivers have been complaining about a lack of speed from the car, and this has been going on for some time. Didnt we only have something like 3 tokens left awhile ago? So that would mean no or very few actual engine upgrades this year.

I like to always think that we can win any race, but if the current spec engine we're using is maxed for this year token wise, Im afraid there's really not much more we can do until next season.
    I would really like to know how RB picked up so much speed this year. Chassis upgrades do not explain their rise to the top of the grid. This all goes back to the silly and absurd rules implemented a few years ago regarding testing/engine development. For me, seeing race to race who had the coolest upgrades was always a fun and important part of the sport. Now I sometimes feel like Im watching a
    bunch of guys driving around in Maytags...only different colors.

It realy is puzzling how RB have found so much speed. I dont think chassis and aero alone could give such massive gains something is a miss. Well they also have active suspension that helps with aero but this formula right now is about PU. Our car is good but we are missing quiet alot if you look at Merc. Sometimes I wish those Pito tubes merc has would get blocked during the race so they will struggle but then again it never happens

Cheats prolly dont look to far mate .
    Hero's come and go, but legends never die!

Quote Originally Posted by phsyklone View Post
    It realy is puzzling how RB have found so much speed. I dont think chassis and aero alone could give such massive gains something is a miss. Well they also have active suspension that helps with aero but this formula right now is about PU. Our car is good but we are missing quiet alot if you look at Merc. Sometimes I wish those Pito tubes merc has would get blocked during the race so they will struggle but then again it never happens
    What are you talking about? RB don`t have active suspension, mercedes have something similar to that which was reported by RB themselves to the FIA...The rumors are that RB is allowed to run more fuel flow (which via the rules is only 100kg/h) then the rest for whatever god damn reasons. Ferrari simply stopped the development of the 2016 car to save resources for the 2017 car. All these little bits and pieces we see are basically the upgrades that we are going to see on the 2017 car, so they are basically checking them theoretically speaking (delivering). As far on the 2017 car, there are also rumors that they`ve made already several changes to the concept of the engine and they have made progress over 20-25% of this years engine, i remember reading this on the reddit forums, as far as the aero going it is lacking...this is because James Alison had made basically 60% of the plan for the car...And the rest IS covered by the new technical director. So, as far as my contacts say in Italy the best thing for next year is our engine and this i can confirm 90%. And as far for this season the car cannot deliver because it is too sensitive in the rear, thats why we see such underpreforming in such circuits like USA today, if u remember last race we were pretty competitive in Japan but we were no where near in US. As i can tell this thread is lacking such information i was checking it daily but haven`t been here for over a month so i thought i share this to you guys, it hurts my guts to see merc`s and rb`s share the podium but nevertheless FORCA FERRARI!

Quote Originally Posted by phsyklone View Post
    We SUCK! no one is cheating. We are just slow. Our car is inconsistent. Sensitive as . It must be a nightmare for crew to adjust it for thecircuit.

You could see today that Vettel was even losing RW preformance during some stage. This car almost put him off the circuit

Quote Originally Posted by halaf View Post
    What are you talking about? RB don`t have active suspension, mercedes have something similar to that which was reported by RB themselves to the FIA...The rumors are that RB is allowed to run more fuel flow (which via the rules is only 100kg/h) then the rest for whatever god damn reasons. Ferrari simply stopped the development of the 2016 car to save resources for the 2017 car. All these little bits and pieces we see are basically the upgrades that we are going to see on the 2017 car, so they are basically checking them theoretically speaking (delivering). As far on the 2017 car, there are also rumors that they`ve made already several changes to the concept of the engine and they have made progress over 20-25% of this years engine, i remember reading this on the reddit forums, as far as the aero going it is lacking...this is because James Alison had made basically 60% of the plan for the car...And the rest IS covered by the new technical director. So, as far as my contacts say in Italy the best thing for next year is our engine and this i can confirm 90%. And as far for this season the car cannot deliver because it is too sensitive in the rear, thats why we see such underpreforming in such circuits like USA today, if u remember last race we were pretty competitive in Japan but we were no where near in US. As i can tell this thread is lacking such information i was checking it daily but haven`t been here for over a month so i thought i share this to you guys, it hurts my guts to see merc`s and rb`s share the podium but nevertheless FORCA FERRARI!
    Finally some relevant information regarding the car..thank mate!!

Quote Originally Posted by f412 View Post
    Finally some relevant information regarding the car..thank mate!!
    yes but next year will be more aero focused, so we will another 2010/2013 best engine worst aero

Does anybody know why did they run different configuration during the qualy and race?
    Seb used monkey seat while Kimi didn't.

I got this from a post on Reddit

I met an engine developer at Ferrari's F1 team for 20 years!

As the title indicates, I was very fortunate to randomly run into one of the developers of the engine that Ferrari manufactures for their F1 cars! He's been a developer ever since the great Michael Schumacher, and he was kind enough to share some of his wisdom with me, as I asked him about a lot of stuff!

I've decided to make this post into smaller segments, so it's easier to overcome!

Current lack of power compared to Mercedes

This topic was very surprising for me, and I'm sure it'll be surprising for most of you guys too! I asked him why their engine wasn't up to par with Mercedes, and he simply said "It's about the money". Currently, the owners of Ferrari, Fiat, aren't running so hot, thus the budget is limited. I never in a million years thought that I'd hear about Ferrari and financial struggles in the same sentence! He described how Mercedes, due to their bigger budget, was able to outperform Ferrari.

Thoughts on Sergio Marchionne

As you could imagine, and as it has been reflected in the media, the enthusiasm over Sergio is far out of sight. As it has been said in the media, he doesn't let Murizzio Arrivabene do his thing, and interferes too much with how he runs the F1 part of Ferrari. He hasn't had the same freedom as he had when Luca Montezemolo was in charge.

Thoughts on the 2017 rules

This is where i got the most "Kimi Raikkonen" kind of answer "Well, it's the same for everyone, so it is what it is". He didn't want to elaborate more on it, but he did agree with me, that it seemed that the competition was finally getting more even between the teams, and that the new rules are going to mess up the current "balance" of power.

Working with Michael Schumacher and Rubens Barrichello

Back in the days of glory, as he described them, the factory was a whole different thing. The tools used on Michael's car were ONLY used on his car, and vice versa, creating a system and order that was no longer in the team. Working with Michael he described as "One of the greatest things in my life". Having him drive a few laps on the test track, come in, tweak the car, go back out, rise and repeat for 12 hours in a row, is a will and dedication he's been longing for ever since. Not to take anything away from Sebastian or Kimi, but working with Michael was just different.

TL;DR Ferrari needs more money, Merchionne is too involved, the rules for 2017 will spice things up, and working with Michael Schumacher is amazing.

Feel free to ask me further questions, as I haven't written all I spoke to him about!

THE ARE SOME OF THE QUESTIONS , ANSWERS AND COMMENTS FROM OTHER USERS.

GuacamoleAkbar • 2m
    Not enough money? Hard to believe... Ferrari struggles since 2009 not since 2014.

godlamerosoRio Haryanto• 2m
    It's one thing to spend close to $400 million a year on the team, but these power units take about a $2 billion dollar investment. Mercedes does everything in house, Ferrari is at the mercy of its suppliers.

Daimler is a much larger company than Ferrari is, and that's the difference. It's not just the team but the size of the parent company.

rexleonis • 2m
    Mercedes does everything in house, Ferrari is at the mercy of its suppliers.

What does Mercedes do in house that Ferrari doesn't do and vice versa?

godlamerosoRio Haryanto • 2m
    Mercedes makes their own pistons, their own fuel injectors, their own ERS, their own blocks, cranks, rods, turbos, sensors, wiring harnesses, transmission.

Ferrari uses Mahle pistons, Mahle injectors, Magneti Marelli ERS, MM wiring harnesses, Honeywell turbos, Delphi sensors etc.

cacapisFerrari • 2m
    I remember an article about ERS stating Mercedes and Honda were developing their own systems and Ferrari using ERS systems supplied by Magnetti Marelli.

LooseJuice_RD• 2m
    I agree. The budgets for Ferrari and Mercedes have been largely the same over the past few years. I heard Mercedes spent about half a billion dollars on the development of the 2014 engine but I think it's because they committed to the hybrid engines before everyone else. They knew they weren't winning during the V8 era. I don't think Fiat is rolling in cash but I just can't believe they would have matched Mercedes otherwise. Mercedes's engine design was so different than everyone else's when the hybrid era started. Most pundits seem to agree that their engine design was ingenious and was key to their success. No doubt it cost a lot of money to find that solution but even given the money, it's not a guarantee that Ferrari would have found that same solution.

Some interesting info posts. Thx.

Ferrari reverting back to pullrod for 2017

http://www.automoto.it/formula1/form...r-il-2017.html

Good man phsyklone's thanks for the development updates. I just want to forget about this year
    "That has made me fall in love with Ferrari even more today than ever." Fernando Alonso

according to this article, it seems the updates we bolted on in japan worked very well however it also states that we are still not running our PU at its Max potential due to reliability. the numbers seen on the dyno do not translate to the track because we've had to preserve the engines life.

http://it.motorsport.com/f1/news/fer...rcarlo-837096/

Last post for the day.....

Again the rumour about our PU being underpowered can be observed on the Video of Rai vs Ros in Japan. We are loosing on the straights but first sector was very good. Even though Merc claim they were running their PU a little bit conservative they were still able to nail us on the staights but sector one we were slightly ahead, Take a look....

https://youtu.be/l4tXiGDtX5w

Arrivabene says, If you want to solve the problems of this year, you are losing time for next year. Translation to Ferrari fans, forget F1 and the next 3 races and wait for 1st great race of 2017! Count me out! The race between Lewis and Nico and hopeing Ricciardo can split them up is great entertainment, and who knows, aSeb or Kimi podium is indeed possible!

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Arrivabene says, If you want to solve the problems of this year, you are losing time for next year. Translation to Ferrari fans, forget F1 and the next 3 races and wait for 1st great race of 2017! Count me out! The race between Lewis and Nico and hopeing Ricciardo can split them up is great entertainment, and who knows, aSeb or Kimi podium is indeed possible!
    i believe it when I SEE it mate....been fooled WAY too many times....but who knows, anything can happen, this is F1 after all

From Crash.net
    Ferrari team principal Maurizio Arrivabene says with any F1 world titles out of reach his squad is focusing on only adding parts which will benefit its preparation for 2017 ahead of the regulation revamp.

The Italian manufacturer once again looked the third best team in terms of one lap performance and race pace with both Sebastian Vettel and Kimi Raikkonen out-qualified by Mercedes and Red Bull.

During the race Vettel was unable to challenge either Mercedes or Red Bull's Daniel Ricciardo and had to settle for fourth place which extended Ferrari's podium drought to four races, while the team's solitary rostrum - Vettel's third place at Monza - counts as its only top three finish in the last nine races.

READ: Who said that? Guess who said what at the United States GP

With a 56-point deficit to Red Bull in the battle for second place in the F1 world constructors' championship, Arrivabene conceded Ferrari's charge for 2016 honours is effectively over and any updates or set-up thoughts are focused on collecting relevant data which can be transferred to 2017 for the regulation revamp.

“Obviously we knew that this track [Circuit of the Americas] is not really preferable for us,” Arrivabene said. “But you have to look at the overall situation: if you want to solve problems this year you are losing time for next year.

“This is why we have been concentrating on high-performance circuits like Suzuka - as in this case you take parts that give you data for next year. At this stage of the championship anything else would not make any sense.”

After enjoying a resurgence in 2015 with three wins as Sebastian Vettel joined the Scuderia, Ferrari has seen its momentum stall with Red Bull returning to the sharp end as main challengers to the dominant Mercedes.
    Read more at http://www.crash.net/f1/news/234723/...lation-changes.

Well, he has a point even though it's painful to hear that every year.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    Well, he has a point even though it's painful to hear that every year.
    I am sure we will hear the same thing with about 6 or 7 races to go in 2017... "We are focusing on 2018" and so on and so forth until the second coming.

That's all Ferrari has now-a-days. Excuses. But excuses are like butholes, everyone has em, and they all stink ;)

Quote Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01 View Post
    I am sure we will hear the same thing with about 6 or 7 races to go in 2017... "We are focusing on 2018" and so on and so forth until the second coming.

That's all Ferrari has now-a-days. Excuses. But excuses are like butholes, everyone has em, and they all stink ;)
    ha, ha....so funny...yet in regards to Ferrari is pretty sad...oh well...

The truth always hurts but that's a bit harsh! You guys on the other side of the pond can be very cruel, and I'd love to know Mr Marchionne's reaction to that statement!! It's disgraceful that these excuses are still necessary, and that smell is getting worse again!-E

True enough. However, he must announce this, he can't be silent. Although it would be better to say something else for change. This is getting very old now :D

So it seems according to Arrivabene except for Merc and Red Bull the next 3 races are a joke, 2017 is where it's at F1 wise! Tell that to Alonso! What about a couple of remaining podiums for us diehard Ferrari fans? I always thought the most points, podiums for the team and the drivers right to the end meant something? F1 is a whole season of races!

So it seems according to Arrivabene except for Merc and Red Bull the next 3 races are a joke, 2017 is where it's at F1 wise! Tell that to Alonso! What about a couple of remaining podiums for us diehard Ferrari fans? I always thought the most points, podiums for the team and the drivers right to the end meant something? F1 is a whole season of races!
    Well the car is strong enough as it is for podiums i guess. They will be hard to win considering Red Bull's strength at the moment, but we shall see.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    Well the car is strong enough as it is for podiums i guess. They will be hard to win considering Red Bull's strength at the moment, but we shall see.
    i personally think that it would be REALLY hard for us to get onto that podium for the remaining 3 races....i mean 1 and 2 will be taken my the Mercs, while the 3rd step will be a fight between one of the red bulls....i mean let's be real, those red bulls's pace is by far better then our current Ferrari's....and it PAINS me to say this

even IF we do have the pace to challange the BULLS, i'm sure Ferrari will do everything in their power to SCREW up the strategy and hand the podium finish to RED BULL....i know it's not funny, but IT IS...

oh well, roll on 2017

I believe Kimi will not realize the team screwed up and accidently get on the podium at least one more time. HE knows what he's doing !!

I believe Kimi will not realize the team screwed up and accidently get on the podium at least one more time. HE knows what he's doing !!
    In America he wouldn't have gotten on the podium, it would have probably been a 4th and a 5th for Ferrari with most likely him being 4th. Maybe in Mexico he can do it, track suits us more and it suits Kimi better than Seb.

Going through winter testing this year Ferrari realized that won't challenge for victory, and played the game of winning this season. That made Mercedes working more in the 2016 protect. When FIA realized that Ferrari is not going to challenge for victories allowed RB to use more fuel to be a challenger only for this year. That is the reason for the good show ee see right now between MB and RB. Ferrari started long before them and even Wolf realized it and said about it some months ago. We are in a better shape than we have been those last years when 2017 will come. We are in a better position than our competitors and we will see a different Ferrari next year. These are not promises but a late reality that will take place soon!!

Quote Originally Posted by NasI View Post
    Going through winter testing this year Ferrari realized that won't challenge for victory, and played the game of winning this season. That made Mercedes working more in the 2016 protect. When FIA realized that Ferrari is not going to challenge for victories allowed RB to use more fuel to be a challenger only for this year. That is the reason for the good show ee see right now between MB and RB. Ferrari started long before them and even Wolf realized it and said about it some months ago. We are in a better shape than we have been those last years when 2017 will come. We are in a better position than our competitors and we will see a different Ferrari next year. These are not promises but a late reality that will take place soon!!
    What else will be happening in 2017? Can you share winning bingo numbers?

Quote Originally Posted by NasI View Post
    what do you think on the subject of chemtrails and HAARP?