Page 54 of 80 FirstFirst ... 429404142434445464748495051525354555657585960616263646566676879 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,620 of 2373

Thread: Scuderia Ferrari SF16-H Development thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Nand0Nand0 View Post
    Perhaps one of the challenges we are facing with the tires and getting the setup right is our lack of working experience and base-line data with our new front suspension geometry (our change from pull to push rod).
    I don't think that . Allison worked in pushrod suspension in lotus. And Ferrari used pullrod suspension very few years. Other than that Ferrari have been using pushrod before. Suddenly mechanics forgot to setup pushrod. If there is a problem like this. Ferrari want to foresee it this situation and hire suitable mechanics before. Ferrari has very huge budget with sky a limit. So this happens due to suspension it's our problem in vision of forecasting and it's not a defence it's a shame.
    Fight with passion, win with pride, lose with respect, but never give up.

I think that the problem in Q3 is too aggressive Q mod of the engine`s mapping that overheats and destroys rear wheels. That producing a bad balance of the car.

Problem may be solved with a new turbo design and better used the MGU-H at the exit of the slow corners, and I hope we will see it right from Canada GP

Quote Originally Posted by gjoko-mkd View Post
    I think that the problem in Q3 is too aggressive Q mod of the engine`s mapping that overheats and destroys rear wheels. That producing a bad balance of the car.

Problem may be solved with a new turbo design and better used the MGU-H at the exit of the slow corners, and I hope we will see it right from Canada GP
    i truly hope so too, as i will be attending the Canadian GP and really hoping for a Ferrari win there...heck even a 1-2....now that would be sweet

@Nova, no one's whining.

You never see Toto or Christian or Dennis saying we will bring this and that updates and it shall bring us so much increase in performance. These guys are realistic and set out incremental upgrades and let the race results do the talking.
    I am sure Ferrari must be trying hard to figure the solutions given the lack of development opportunities in present circumstances.

Quote Originally Posted by 20000rpm View Post
    @Nova, no one's whining.

You never see Toto or Christian or Dennis saying we will bring this and that updates and it shall bring us so much increase in performance. These guys are realistic and set out incremental upgrades and let the race results do the talking.
    I am sure Ferrari must be trying hard to figure the solutions given the lack of development opportunities in present circumstances.
    http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/124423

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/formula-1...es-domination/
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by 20000rpm View Post
    @Nova, no one's whining.

Dennis being realistic? Are you kidding me? This guy is nutts lately, saying almost every weekend, that THIS time, they will beat Ferrari and that they are close and they have the 3rd best chassis... etc. He is everything but realistic.

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

Well, I take my words back then . But I sincerely hope, Arrivaben's words translates into action.

I still think there is something fishy going on with tyre pressures when checked by FIA vs actual running pressure. This was all the talk, then silence (unless I missed something!). Word going around was Ferrari had no "work around", but merc, RB & maybe even macca did & maybe Ferrari was going to do something like the others, just to keep up, until FIA figured it out & eventually banned all the "work arounds"?

On a side note, didn't Pirelli put a strict lap limit on each type of tyre (H,M,S,SS) after tyres exploded on Seb & Rosburg last season? Seemed to be a lot of incredibly long stints by some this year!
    Forza Ferrari !
    "You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." - Juan Manuel Fangio

Quote Originally Posted by abbottcostello View Post
    I still think there is something fishy going on with tyre pressures when checked by FIA vs actual running pressure. This was all the talk, then silence (unless I missed something!). Word going around was Ferrari had no "work around", but merc, RB & maybe even macca did & maybe Ferrari was going to do something like the others, just to keep up, until FIA figured it out & eventually banned all the "work arounds"?

On a side note, didn't Pirelli put a strict lap limit on each type of tyre (H,M,S,SS) after tyres exploded on Seb & Rosburg last season? Seemed to be a lot of incredibly long stints by some this year!
    FIA didn't ban anything. It is basically legal what the others are doing. What counts is starting pressure, not when you run the car. So if you somehow manage to lower the pressures after they are measured, you are not doing anything wrong. It's again just against the spirit of the rules. So what FIA did in Monaco is, that they checked the team's telemetry to see what is going on during the race/quali. But no penalties, no bans of anything would be applied. Now if they found out something or not, we will probably not know, but if they did, the new system of measuring the pressures in real time is coming sooner than later. But until then Ferrari HAS to figure out what are others doing a do it as well.

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

new turbo in Canada, w/o use of token -> more electrical power available/improvement of ~ 25 hp. gain: ~ 0.4 sec ����

Quote Originally Posted by Jax View Post
    Given all the electrical power they were using to keep the turbo spun up, taking away from the electric motor assist, this could very well be spot on.
    President, Scuderia Ferrari Club of Denver - The Official Passion
    http://www.scuderiaferrari.club
    denver@scuderiaferrari.club

new turbo in Canada, w/o use of token -> more electrical power available/improvement of ~ 25 hp. gain: ~ 0.4 sec ����
    this BETTER be true and NOT some sort of wild rumours again....cause otherwise i'll be GGRGGGGGRGRGR$^#%@^@^
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

new turbo in Canada, w/o use of token -> more electrical power available/improvement of ~ 25 hp. gain: ~ 0.4 sec 💪🙏
    Hope this is true...

Quote Originally Posted by GrndLkNatv View Post
    Given all the electrical power they were using to keep the turbo spun up, taking away from the electric motor assist, this could very well be spot on.
    Nutshell - the turbo will inherently have less lag, therefore requiring less electrical energy to spool it up. That means less wastage, and the energy going to the real wheels will be sustained for longer periods, equating to around 0.4 seconds per lap on average. 0.4 x 60 laps equates to 24 seconds over a race distance.

Here's a snippet from that site - translated:

Thanks to these improvements to the turbo compressor group as well as thanks to a more efficient recovery of energy through MGU-H, the ferrari able to unlock approximately 25 hp (better to say that it will have available more seconds for the 120 kW of electrical power), about 4 tenths of a second (but varies from track to track in reality).

To conclude the discussion on the Power Unit, in Ferrari's home has already prepared a new specification of the internal combustion engine but hardly debut in this seventh round of the season because of "rotations" planned in Maranello.

FERRARI SF16-H: Canada also some aero update
    In addition to improvements from the point of view of the power unit, the Ferrari will be seen, what we have been told, the aerodynamic innovations being mostly adaptations to fast Canadian circuit.

The question that begs itself is : will this have any effects on quali performance ??? I think not :/

All improves will help for us :]

The GP of Montreal is hard for the engines, and for the brakes, is good for us, if we go with more performance , and if Red Bull go front the Mercedes too, because when they has traffic, his performance in PU and Brakes has not the same result :]

All improves will help for us :]
    hgfdhgdf

Quote Originally Posted by From Treviso View Post
    Nutshell - the turbo will inherently have less lag, therefore requiring less electrical energy to spool it up. That means less wastage, and the energy going to the real wheels will be sustained for longer periods, equating to around 0.4 seconds per lap on average. 0.4 x 60 laps equates to 24 seconds over a race distance.

Here's a snippet from that site - translated:

Thanks to these improvements to the turbo compressor group as well as thanks to a more efficient recovery of energy through MGU-H, the ferrari able to unlock approximately 25 hp (better to say that it will have available more seconds for the 120 kW of electrical power), about 4 tenths of a second (but varies from track to track in reality).

To conclude the discussion on the Power Unit, in Ferrari's home has already prepared a new specification of the internal combustion engine but hardly debut in this seventh round of the season because of "rotations" planned in Maranello.

FERRARI SF16-H: Canada also some aero update
    In addition to improvements from the point of view of the power unit, the Ferrari will be seen, what we have been told, the aerodynamic innovations being mostly adaptations to fast Canadian circuit.
    In theory it sounds great.... We'll see it on the track!

Quote Originally Posted by Gianlu27 View Post
    Can you translate,pls?

Basically ferrari will have a new turbo that will cost 3 tokens, new fuel from shell and a modified rear suspension and some aerodynamic updates

Quote Originally Posted by phsyklone View Post
    Basically ferrari will have a new turbo that will cost 3 tokens, new fuel from shell and a modified rear suspension and some aerodynamic updates
    Good, then I hope our guys can have a clean race and show what this puppy can do..
    Thx for the update.

Why are everyone praising that Renault PU so much. I see Alen Prost also with many praises towards the Renault PU. However, i think the pace that RB has is due to their outstanding aero not the PU. Yeah, the upgraded PU is of some help, but the aero makes the most difference in their case. Just look at Renault with their praised engine, they are nowhere because they don't have a decent chassis.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    Why are everyone praising that Renault PU so much. I see Alen Prost also with many praises towards the Renault PU. However, i think the pace that RB has is due to their outstanding aero not the PU. Yeah, the upgraded PU is of some help, but the aero makes the most difference in their case. Just look at Renault with their praised engine, they are nowhere because they don't have a decent chassis.
    Completely correct, Renault are nowhere. RB have done well on aero tracks. If they can do the same in Canada only then we should praise them.

Quote Originally Posted by zike View Post
    Can you translate,pls?
    http://it.motorsport.com/f1/news/fer...ta-743470/?s=1 Just use google translate. Here, it's done for you:

The Ferrari should spend three coins for the development of supercharging with a different turbo Honeywell. Shell brings a new gasoline, while seeking traction with a change to the rear suspension.

Ferrari in Canada wants to return to be the challenger of Mercedes. The SF16-H not only has not won a Grand Prix in the 2016 season, but Monaco was also overtaken by Red Bull Racing and Force India. The track of the Principality, as is abnormal compared to the other on the calendar, confirmed the endemic weaknesses of the Red: lack of downforce and traction.

For years, Ferrari is unable to correct this "Achilles heel" that degrades the performance of a team that would have the potential to fight for the world title. And the silence of Sergio Marchionne of these days is shaking his legs to those who live in the Reparto Corse, aware that is going to get the showdown.

Because if not 2017 project that represents one acts now also threatens a great chance to break with the regulatory revolution for the current values ​​in the field. In Maranello they want to get back behind the Red Bull Racing, after having suffered the overwhelming superiority both in Spain and Monaco, two very different events between them that have highlighted the quality of work done by Adrian Newey, technical, while at Maranello have gone in a state of "confusion."

The SF16-H will have a modified rear suspension: finally it was decided to put his hand on the rear axle to try to solve mechanically lack of grip that does not allow the Pirelli tires to work in the right "window" of use. The pull rod system this year, with cushions and the third contained element between the differential and gearbox, seems it ensures the necessary rigidity to find traction out of corners.

Expect also some adaptation of the aerodynamic package to the demands of the track on the island of Notre Dame, where a medium-low load configuration is required, but the answers that have so far come from the department directed by Loic Bigois and Dirk De Beer were inadequate for the needs development, with changes that have not closed the gap to Mercedes, but they allowed the RB12 to approach considerably.

On the track of the Montreal team Cavallino will debut a new turbocharger that will power the third engine of Sebastian Vettel: Honeywell has developed in close contact with motorists by Mattia Binotto a new solution whereby the expansion ratio is changed to have the opportunity to recover more energy by MGU-H.

From a purely dimensional point of view of the turbine will be as big as the one used so far, whereas they would have been changed the inclination and the shape of the impeller vanes. Apparently excluded, therefore, the opportunity to take a smaller turbine flow to reduce turbo lag.

The intention, rather, is to increase the boost pressure to make better use, especially in qualifying, the potential that the ERS is able to offer. This change could cost three coins to the development of technical Cavallino.

News related to the power unit will not only concern the turbo, but also involve the Shell that will bring a new fuel that can enhance new maps useful to improve the combustion efficiency of the six-cylinder.

The team of Cavallino is in Montreal with the intention to regain the enthusiasm that the lack of results has turned into voltage. Keep calm ...

Quote Originally Posted by Gianlu27 View Post
    Is this final,that we will have to use 3 tokens for the turbo?
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Nothing new there. Renault have always tried to claim as much credit as possible from RB success.

Quote Originally Posted by From Treviso View Post
    http://it.motorsport.com/f1/news/fer...ta-743470/?s=1 Just use google translate. Here, it's done for you:

The Ferrari should spend three coins for the development of supercharging with a different turbo Honeywell. Shell brings a new gasoline, while seeking traction with a change to the rear suspension.

Ferrari in Canada wants to return to be the challenger of Mercedes. The SF16-H not only has not won a Grand Prix in the 2016 season, but Monaco was also overtaken by Red Bull Racing and Force India. The track of the Principality, as is abnormal compared to the other on the calendar, confirmed the endemic weaknesses of the Red: lack of downforce and traction.

For years, Ferrari is unable to correct this "Achilles heel" that degrades the performance of a team that would have the potential to fight for the world title. And the silence of Sergio Marchionne of these days is shaking his legs to those who live in the Reparto Corse, aware that is going to get the showdown.

Because if not 2017 project that represents one acts now also threatens a great chance to break with the regulatory revolution for the current values ​​in the field. In Maranello they want to get back behind the Red Bull Racing, after having suffered the overwhelming superiority both in Spain and Monaco, two very different events between them that have highlighted the quality of work done by Adrian Newey, technical, while at Maranello have gone in a state of "confusion."

The SF16-H will have a modified rear suspension: finally it was decided to put his hand on the rear axle to try to solve mechanically lack of grip that does not allow the Pirelli tires to work in the right "window" of use. The pull rod system this year, with cushions and the third contained element between the differential and gearbox, seems it ensures the necessary rigidity to find traction out of corners.

Expect also some adaptation of the aerodynamic package to the demands of the track on the island of Notre Dame, where a medium-low load configuration is required, but the answers that have so far come from the department directed by Loic Bigois and Dirk De Beer were inadequate for the needs development, with changes that have not closed the gap to Mercedes, but they allowed the RB12 to approach considerably.

On the track of the Montreal team Cavallino will debut a new turbocharger that will power the third engine of Sebastian Vettel: Honeywell has developed in close contact with motorists by Mattia Binotto a new solution whereby the expansion ratio is changed to have the opportunity to recover more energy by MGU-H.

From a purely dimensional point of view of the turbine will be as big as the one used so far, whereas they would have been changed the inclination and the shape of the impeller vanes. Apparently excluded, therefore, the opportunity to take a smaller turbine flow to reduce turbo lag.

The intention, rather, is to increase the boost pressure to make better use, especially in qualifying, the potential that the ERS is able to offer. This change could cost three coins to the development of technical Cavallino.

News related to the power unit will not only concern the turbo, but also involve the Shell that will bring a new fuel that can enhance new maps useful to improve the combustion efficiency of the six-cylinder.

The team of Cavallino is in Montreal with the intention to regain the enthusiasm that the lack of results has turned into voltage. Keep calm ...
    tnx mate

Prost is associated with Renault Sport so.. Only normal he is praising it..

The thing is: Renault can say whatever they want about their engine, just look at the difference in speed between the Renault and the RBR.. Long way to go for them.. I really think that this years RBR is a beast of a car, compensating a lot for the engine.. Remember China? They ran with very little wing to make sure they didn't loose out to much on the long straight, still they were very fast in corners.. I expect them to do the same thing in Canada and be really competitive
    “The Ferrari is a dream - people dream of owning this special vehicle and for most people it will remain a dream apart from for those lucky few.” ~ Enzo Ferrari

No tokens for turbo e new rear suspension for Ferrari in Canada No gettoni per la turbina e nuova sospensione posteriore Ferrari in Canada