Page 58 of 80 FirstFirst ... 8334445464748495051525354555657585960616263646566676869707172 ... LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,740 of 2373

Thread: Scuderia Ferrari SF16-H Development thread.

Quote Originally Posted by DelMar View Post
    Both had the updates.

A new MGU-H, TurboCharger and Control Electronics for each.
    Thank you very much!

We need to concentrate a bit more on the chassis and if we manage to upgrade it, we will be in hunt for win at every track

Bravo to our engine department. They've delivered. However, now we have only 6 tokens left, we've effectively shown our cards for the season. It's time the chassis department pulled the finger out and delivered for once. I can barely remember the last time we had a chassis to be proud of.

That top speed from ferrari is incredible. Engine department has done a great job, .
    Now what we need is a little bit of help from chasis dept, If we get rid of these tyre heating issues. Then definetly, we gonna challenge Mercs at every track.
    Those mercs are vulnerable under pressure & cant overtake other car under dirty air.

I am not technical that I could say what we need, but I believe that now we can fight for win in every race.

Quote Originally Posted by KimiBot View Post
    I am not technical that I could say what we need, but I believe that now we can fight for win in every race.
    A lot will depend on track etc.. We are closer to Merc, but I also think we have been close the whole season, now even closer, we just did't have a lot of chances to show it due to circumstances.. Don't forget RBR has also improved. In qualy they were close to us, so we could have been stuck behind them with no chance at the Mercs in front.. Thankfully we had Seb to do a great qually lap. In the race we were close, but Mercs still had some extra pace.. However, I personnaly believe that Lewis was faster here than ROS, so perhaps Seb could have matched ROS in overal pace.. It's going in the right direction.. Also don't forget that in Australia we also started P3 and had good start and we also finished second in front of a Merc, without them having troubles.. Kimi also came second in Bahrain...

The pace is there, we have been very unfortunate.. Hopefully we have more luck now.

I also hope that Canada was just a bad track for Kimi (like last 2 years) and he does a better job from now on
    “The Ferrari is a dream - people dream of owning this special vehicle and for most people it will remain a dream apart from for those lucky few.” ~ Enzo Ferrari

I think we need that little extra bit now from the chassis and we are up there .

And for the first time you feel the car was angry . If it wasn't for the mistake at the last corner Seb was 2 seconds up on Lewis at the end of the first lap :) . Thats nice , i like how angry sounds

As for our flexing rear wing all is good ;)

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/se...ncerns-777415/

if we improwed traction, then we can fight for title. forza ferrari!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by The Architect View Post
    Bravo to our engine department. They've delivered. However, now we have only 6 tokens left, we've effectively shown our cards for the season. It's time the chassis department pulled the finger out and delivered for once. I can barely remember the last time we had a chassis to be proud of.
    We now have only 4. We used 2 for the upgrade.

Should we be excited about Baku? Because turbo or not street layouts doesn't suit us very much right? No aero improvements? But then again, people are talking that Baku is unlike other street track and it'll be very fast! This gives hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    Should we be excited about Baku? Because turbo or not street layouts doesn't suit us very much right? No aero improvements? But then again, people are talking that Baku is unlike other street track and it'll be very fast! This gives hope.
    was thinking the same think

It's clear that in every race so far, we have been very fast in the race.. In qualy we are a bit furder behind and RBR is closer.. Look at Spain: RBR was fast in qualy, but in the race it as clear we were so much faster.. In Canada RBR came close to Seb and ahead of Kimi, but Seb was 1s a lap faster in race..
    “The Ferrari is a dream - people dream of owning this special vehicle and for most people it will remain a dream apart from for those lucky few.” ~ Enzo Ferrari

So are we to expect any new bits on the care this weekend, or just circuit specific tweaks ?

Just wondering, how seb got the redbulls fairly easily when rosberg really suffered and couldn't pass Ves. I tell you what the traction Ferrari had out of the last hairpin was godlike :) . (Rosberg was on much newer tyres too)

Quote Originally Posted by Jax View Post
    Just wondering, how seb got the redbulls fairly easily when rosberg really suffered and couldn't pass Ves. I tell you what the traction Ferrari had out of the last hairpin was godlike :) . (Rosberg was on much newer tyres too)
    When Seb passed them he was on new SS, while they were on old US.. When ROS was behind VES at the end they both had old tyres..

Quote Originally Posted by Kristof_F40 View Post
    When Seb passed them he was on new SS, while they were on old US.. When ROS was behind VES at the end they both had old tyres..
    Well, in the end ROS had quit new tires, only 19 laps (compared to HAM 46) albeit slower soft compound, and MAX had done 24 laps on US, 4 more then in first stint, albeit on empty tank.
    Comparing thees overtakes is not relevant, because they happened in different parts of race, too much variables.

But I agree with Jax, traction is definitely big improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    Usually Merc have been always very dominant on new circuits since Pirelli make conservative choices on tires, and they seem to fair better on new low(er) grip asphalt.

Honda and redbull are concerned about Baku's long straight with redbull saying they are going to loose about 1.2 seconds and fuel consumption is going to be a factor due to the long straight being 2.2kms. The Electrical power will be drained by the time they reach turn 1 putting strong loads on the ERS just wonder how are we going to tackle this issue. Our car is already thirsty just hope we have a plan.

All I ask for is steady progress. Even if in little(ish) steps. Dassit.

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    That top speed from ferrari is incredible. Engine department has done a great job, .
    Now what we need is a little bit of help from chasis dept, If we get rid of these tyre heating issues. Then definetly, we gonna challenge Mercs at every track.
    Those mercs are vulnerable under pressure & cant overtake other car under dirty air.
    You going by figures or by what you saw. I don't think Ferrari had the top speeds - I thought that was dominated by the Williams and Manors?

Quote Originally Posted by phsyklone View Post
    Honda and redbull are concerned about Baku's long straight with redbull saying they are going to loose about 1.2 seconds and fuel consumption is going to be a factor due to the long straight being 2.2kms. The Electrical power will be drained by the time they reach turn 1 putting strong loads on the ERS just wonder how are we going to tackle this issue. Our car is already thirsty just hope we have a plan.
    First time I've heard concerns about fuel consumption. Is this an issue?

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Al thou it is from Saturdays qualifying... Any way the tops speed is not a key thing, always...

Attachment 6754

Baku will be hot, 31 expected on Saturday, 33 on Sunday.
    I assume it should suit us...

Conservative approach from Pirelli....

Attachment 6755

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    Conservative approach from Pirelli....

Attachment 6755
    As usual.. Since they got so much criticism in 2013 for finaly doing what they should have done (high degrading tyres), they have been ultra conservative.. I mean an ultrasoft which can do 25 laps around Canada and more then 40 around Monaco what's the point?? IF it lasts tha tlong they should bring it to other track, where it will only last one lap or so, so only good for qualy..
    1 stop races are so boring...

Quote Originally Posted by Kristof_F40 View Post
    As usual.. Since they got so much criticism in 2013 for finaly doing what they should have done (high degrading tyres), they have been ultra conservative.. I mean an ultrasoft which can do 25 laps around Canada and more then 40 around Monaco what's the point?? IF it lasts tha tlong they should bring it to other track, where it will only last one lap or so, so only good for qualy..
    1 stop races are so boring...
    They didn't get criticism because of the degrading tyres... They get itbecause those tyres did explode. They should be able to make higly degrading tyres which are safe to use, or they should leave F1. What Pirelli is not capable to do is to make the tyre structure strong. As soon, as the rubber is gone, it just disintegrates, while it is quite easy (based on what Bridgestone was doing and what Michelin was saying) to make it structurally strong even when all the rubber is gone and you are just running on the carcass.

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

An interview with Ralph Schumacher with regards to Michelin tires would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyss4k View Post
    They didn't get criticism because of the degrading tyres... They get itbecause those tyres did explode. They should be able to make higly degrading tyres which are safe to use, or they should leave F1. What Pirelli is not capable to do is to make the tyre structure strong. As soon, as the rubber is gone, it just disintegrates, while it is quite easy (based on what Bridgestone was doing and what Michelin was saying) to make it structurally strong even when all the rubber is gone and you are just running on the carcass.
    They got criticism before the tyres exploded.. The tyres exploding was used by RBR and Mercs to change tyres, because they couldn't get them to work like Ferrari did.. Since tyres exploded we couldn't really do anything about it.. Instead of making tyres more strong, they also changed compound and made them more harder/not as fast degrading..