Page 64 of 80 FirstFirst ... 14395051525354555657585960616263646566676869707172737475767778 ... LastLast
Results 1,891 to 1,920 of 2373

Thread: Scuderia Ferrari SF16-H Development thread.

Fingers crossed for today's race, clean getaway no mechanical problem, crashes in our side and podium!! #ForzaFerrari

Quote Originally Posted by Ojie1214 View Post
    Fingers crossed for today's race, clean getaway no mechanical problem, crashes in our side and podium!! #ForzaFerrari
    You are asking too much , that is not Ferrari like. Stop dwelling on past glories ...

2018 can't come soon enough to fix 2017 problems ! And 2019 will be great for resolving 2018 problems ! That's what the mentality is here from many fans. Ferrari is new at this F1 business, give them a chance to learn and catch up . That's what they get for hiring rookie drivers .

Seems like we will have to rename this thread to "Scuderia Ferrari SF16-H Problems thread."
    #KeepFightingMichael | #CiaoJules

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    2018 can't come soon enough to fix 2017 problems ! And 2019 will be great for resolving 2018 problems ! That's what the mentality is here from many fans. Ferrari is new at this F1 business, give them a chance to learn and catch up . That's what they get for hiring rookie drivers .

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/fu...1-test-797761/
    Kimi driving on final day of final in-season testing at silverstone.

http://www.thisisf1.com/2016/07/12/f...eason-f1-test/
    Ferrari just 8 laps till now. Very pathetic.
    This has been the problem for Ferrari from past couple of years. They haven't utilized track time most of the time.

Just 17 laps!?!?!?!? Mercedes in on their 80th!!!!
    On the other hand maybe there is some problem... But than again, with so limited on track testing, I would be using every second of it to lap around the track!
    Last edited by stefa; 12th July 2016 at 13:08.

Some times i wonder why do i even bother come back to this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    On the other hand maybe there is some problem... But than again, with so limited on track testing, I would be using every second of it to lap around the track!
    It's not new anyway, in times of testing were slow to react maybe our car is too sensitive..

No point lapping for the sake of it, they need to use laps to learn something.
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    No point lapping for the sake of it, they need to use laps to learn something.
    Isn't learning repeating something again and again and learn from mistakes?!

At least for reliability sake!

What a progress from this morning

Good test...

What are we going to learn on a cold wet day at Silverstone that we don't already know?

Do we have anything to test? I guess some members on here know?
    Forza Ferrari

What are we going to learn on a cold wet day at Silverstone that we don't already know?

Do we have anything to test? I guess some members on here know?
    I supposed the rest just circulated for fun.... Nothing better to do on a cold rainy day...

I supposed the rest just circulated for fun.... Nothing better to do on a cold rainy day...
    Maybe they could learn something?

Anyway our running was limited due to a engine problem and then the rain. Would you be happy if we did 100 laps and learned nothing, or 20 laps and solved a problem?

But it's just any excuse to whine and moan on here these days.....
    Forza Ferrari

Maybe they could learn something?

Anyway our running was limited due to a engine problem and then the rain. Would you be happy if we did 100 laps and learned nothing, or 20 laps and solved a problem?

But it's just any excuse to whine and moan on here these days.....
    'solve a problem'.....so going into next races, you seem to say ferrari will have no reliability issues.???

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    'solve a problem'.....so going into next races, you seem to say ferrari will have no reliability issues.???
    Never said that did I? I am asking if doing 100 pointless laps is better than doing 20 and solving a problem, as yourself and others seem to think doing laps is all that matters.
    Forza Ferrari

Never said that did I? I am asking if doing 100 pointless laps is better than doing 20 and solving a problem, as yourself and others seem to think doing laps is all that matters.
    And how do you know they solved a problem in only 20 laps?!

Well...

Arrivabene: If points were awarded for bad luck, Ferrari would be leading

Maurizio Arrivabene says Ferrari is not given up on the title race, arguing his team's lack of results is largely down to bad luck.

Ferrari's lead over Red Bull for second place in the constructors' championship has been cut to just nine points following a disappointing result at the British Grand Prix. The Italian team has been beaten on track by Red Bull at the last two rounds, but Arrivabene says gearbox penalties for Sebastian Vettel and a tyre failure while he was leading the race in Austria mean the championship standings are also a reflection of Ferrari's bad luck.

"At this stage of the season if I say we are going to give up, it's not correct," he said. "We need to be focussed.

"In terms of problems, bad luck and everything we have had already, we are at the top in terms of points. But I hope that these kind of points go down and we start to get better.

"But to say we give up, not at all."

Despite pressure from Red Bull, Arrivabene says he still sees Ferrari as a rival for Mercedes rather than a team struggling to hold on to second in the constructors'.

"I think the fact that Red Bull has performed very well is good for Formula One, it's good for the competition, for the show. I still think that our target is Mercedes and not Red Bull."

In my view, issues can be out or can be known when car is on track only. If u keep the car in the pits n keep working on, when the issue is resolved & no time for track testing then wts the use. Also if there is some time, when the car goes out & suddenly another issues arises then how they gonna face it.
    Track testing is always better to understand the car issues, tyre usage, also track was low on temp (cold conditions) which have been good testing to understand the car set-up problem.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    In my view, issues can be out or can be known when car is on track only. If u keep the car in the pits n keep working on, when the issue is resolved & no time for track testing then wts the use. Also if there is some time, when the car goes out & suddenly another issues arises then how they gonna face it.
    Track testing is always better to understand the car issues, tyre usage, also track was low on temp (cold conditions) which have been good testing to understand the car set-up problem.
    We ran all weekend on these conditions, so I ask again what will we learn that we don't already know?
    Forza Ferrari

And how do you know they solved a problem in only 20 laps?!
    How do you know they never? your complaining about lack of laps as if a high number means something.
    Forza Ferrari

How do you know they never? your complaining about lack of laps as if a high number means something.
    Of course it does mean something, it gives you more data. The more you try the more you learn. You only say they might have found something wrong early on...

Usually, higher is always better. But it seams you always know better, right?

We ran all weekend on these conditions, so I ask again what will we learn that we don't already know?
    So in that case it was better for Ferrari to pack things up and leave the test, as they already know how the car is performer in wet conditions. So this was just waste of their time.

So in that case it was better for Ferrari to pack things up and leave the test, as they already know how the car is performer in wet conditions. So this was just waste of their time.
    Probably yes.

Or maybe they will do 100 laps tomorrow and you will be happy for once.
    Forza Ferrari