Thread: Scuderia Ferrari SF16-H Development thread.

Well, after reading all the previous post regarding Haas better aero & stuff, I still am a bit optymistic. Why? Because as others said, this info may be mainly for marketing reasons to catch some sponsors. But I also expect a strong chassis from Haas (Dallara has strong history on motorsport when it comes to monocoque design...), so i see Haas being competitive a strong point for us. why? Because they can also put some stress on the mercs... I would LOVE to see a Grid with Ferrari 1-2, Haas 3-4, and all the others Behind Ferrari PU's...

Less than a week to go before the first pre-season test! We'll finally move beyond speculation and get some sense of where we stand.

Quote Originally Posted by Galvonero View Post
    Well, after reading all the previous post regarding Haas better aero & stuff, I still am a bit optymistic. Why? Because as others said, this info may be mainly for marketing reasons to catch some sponsors. But I also expect a strong chassis from Haas (Dallara has strong history on motorsport when it comes to monocoque design...), so i see Haas being competitive a strong point for us. why? Because they can also put some stress on the mercs... I would LOVE to see a Grid with Ferrari 1-2, Haas 3-4, and all the others Behind Ferrari PU's...
    Off a pure gut feeling I think Haas will be right at the back and I would be very impressed if they can compete with never mind beat Sauber.

I think a good year for Ferrari will be winning 6 or 7 races but challenging Merc more than last year at nearly every race. A title will be most welcome but if not a few more wins and more competitive would be nice progress considering where they were in 2014, such a result is not bad in my opinion and is more likely than being the team to beat this year.

Quote Originally Posted by bondilad View Post
    Have they named our car yet ?
    F2016 or SF16-T ??
    I like F2016
    Quote Originally Posted by ferrari4life View Post
    I like F-1&2
    It will be F-WCC & F-WDC

looks like the filming day will be at catalunya on Sunday, the day before testing starts. http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/fe...f1-car-673497/

I like it, less faffing with transport and logistics and more testing. Very Efficient.

It's almost certain the car will have lot's of white check the latest video posted by Ferrari's social media about Seb's seat fitting and you 'll see what i mean ...

Quote Originally Posted by Jax View Post
    It's almost certain the car will have lot's of white check the latest video posted by Ferrari's social media about Seb's seat fitting and you 'll see what i mean ...
    oh well, it's nothing US fans can say or do.....we're gonna have to get used to it, that's what's gonna come to in the end.

let's hope at least it's gonna be FAST and reliable....everything else like the color/livery will be minor details at that point

Ferrari released Seb's seat fitting video.
    Did any of the keen eyed folks here make out anything about the car from the video?

if you look at 0:16 in the video the whole cockpit surround is white. now if that just because the havent applied the paint yet but. looks like its going to be very white.

Also, green on the overalls. first time I've seen that.

Green, withe, red.......Italian flag

Who cares... as long as it wins us the WDC!!111!1!!!!!!
    Hero's come and go, but legends never die!

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    oh well, it's nothing US fans can say or do.....we're gonna have to get used to it, that's what's gonna come to in the end.

let's hope at least it's gonna be FAST and reliable....everything else like the color/livery will be minor details at that point
    who cares what they paint it. its gonna be so fast that all of us will be seeing white as it flies by :
    we're number one

Quote Originally Posted by ibanezz View Post
    I hope Mercedes choose wrong turn in their development road. The true is the more we push, the more possible is to make the mistake by them. Either in the race or in the factory.
    That is correct. We saw in a couple of races that Mercedes was chaotic.
    I hope Ferrari will be quick and reliable from race 1 in Melbourne.
    I also hope that Ferrari can keep up a great pace of development during the year.
    The waiting is almost over.
    Let`s hope that the livery is all red, and no white please.

Quote Originally Posted by badr View Post
    That is correct. We saw in a couple of races that Mercedes was chaotic.
    I hope Ferrari will be quick and reliable from race 1 in Melbourne.
    I also hope that Ferrari can keep up a great pace of development during the year.
    The waiting is almost over.
    Let`s hope that the livery is all red, and no white please.
    Brace youtself because it WILL be white on the new car and propably a lot of it aroud the driver and engine cover !!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    Brace youtself because it WILL be white on the new car and propably a lot of it aroud the driver and engine cover !!!!
    If it wins then great and with lots of white on it it better win. If it was a 1990 retro livery with gold wheels from 95 and the 2007 post Monaco red I would forgive a slight performance improvement from last year but white bits....it better win.

...I hope Ferrari will be quick and reliable from race 1 in Melbourne. ...
    That would be ideal, but I would settle for being clearly quickest, even with some reliability issues.
    ...I also hope that Ferrari can keep up a great pace of development during the year...
    Last year, under the duress of great change and stuck with the limitations of previous design decision we achieved the greatest leap forward. Brace yourself for an even better achievement this year

RBR just passed crash test today. Horner said they waited last minute to develop as much as possible and that is how they roll Certainly impressive, they do anyting to win.

Quote Originally Posted by darkchild View Post
    RBR just passed crash test today. Horner said they waited last minute to develop as much as possible and that is how they roll Certainly impressive, they do anyting to win.

they'll be rolling right at the back of the grid with the likes of Mclosers, FI, torro rosso, renault, marrusia....etc....oh wait a minute, torro Rosso will be wiping the floor with RBR cause they'll have the 2015 spec ferrari engine which is 100000000 better then the crappy renault engine they'll get...
    Last edited by Rob; 18th February 2016 at 07:57.
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

I don't see any reasons which would prevent Renault from producing a good engine for 2016 season. Actually, if they come up with a good engine it would be good for the competition.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Harley View Post
    I don't see any reasons which would prevent Renault from producing a good engine for 2016 season. Actually, if they come up with a good engine it would be good for the competition.
    yeah, the BIG golden word here is IF they come up with a good engine....but my opinion in this is pretty unlikely....they may come up with something as good as 2015 Ferrari engine, but even that's pushing it with the MESS they have to deal with now after buying lotus back

Today is the day!

Whatever you see, be calm anyways.
    Ferrari per sempre !

3 and 1/2 hours till event and site is already down!!!

Quote Originally Posted by medeni73 View Post
    3 and 1/2 hours till event and site is already down!!!
    Site is fine for me..
    http://live.ferrari.com/en/
    "That has made me fall in love with Ferrari even more today than ever." Fernando Alonso

Really anxious to see what she will look like! Lets hope she will be a beauty

I took the day off work to watch the launch - Ferrari born and bread since 1969 :)

May this be a great year!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hills View Post
    I took the day off work to watch the launch - Ferrari born and bread since 1969 :)

Respect, I would have done the same if I was working today but luckily day off

one hour togo my friends.just got that feeling inside me that i had in the early 2000s with the unvielings and micheal on hand now that seb is with u.its great that he cares so much like micheal did

Quote Originally Posted by Hills View Post

I didn't go to my italian courses as well.
    Ferrari per sempre !

every minute seems to be longer :/ Bring on, release the beast.

The end of Mercedes is near