Thread: Scuderia Ferrari SF16-H Development thread.

Last year vettel was 1,4 seconds off hamilton after quali.
    So i do not want to be disapointed saturday morning.
    0,4-0,5 behind will not bad.

Quote Originally Posted by jpalmito View Post
    Last year vettel was 1,4 seconds off hamilton after quali.
    So i do not want to be disapointed saturday morning.
    0,4-0,5 behind will not bad.
    In the end of last season we supposed to have closed the gap and now the new car it supposed to be a great step forward so as I said before personally I anticipate less then 0,3!!More then that I will be slightly disappointed (near 0,5 and more I will be very)but it depends and if we bring any upgrades.If we don't and we end up with a gap of 0,4-0,5 I still be a bit disappointed but I will "give" us a chance to see what the upgrades will give us when they come.
    P.S All this I talk about happiness-satisfaction.whatever happens I still will be the same die hard Ferrari fan and I 'm supporting my team 101%!!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    In the end of last season we supposed to have closed the gap and now the new car it supposed to be a great step forward so as I said before personally I anticipate less then 0,3!!More then that I will be slightly disappointed (near 0,5 and more I will be very)but it depends and if we bring any upgrades.If we don't and we end up with a gap of 0,4-0,5 I still be a bit disappointed but I will "give" us a chance to see what the upgrades will give us when they come.
    P.S All this I talk about happiness-satisfaction.whatever happens I still will be the same die hard Ferrari fan and I 'm supporting my team 101%!!!!
    For me, if the gap was 0.2-0.4 I would be thrilled. I'm also keen to find out how kimi performs against seb in qualy. If they are closely matched we can create a lot of problems for the mercs.

It's GP week !!!!
    Attachment 6678
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

It's GP week !!!!
    Attachment 6678
    finally, the LONG, LONG winter wait is OVEEEEERRRRR....
    yey, now Ferrari let's get 'er done and put some pressure of those Mercs...they've had it WAY too easy for the past couple of years...
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

It's GP week !!!!
    Attachment 6678
    At last!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mercedes is getting specific amid its claims Ferrari has definitely closed the gap over the winter.

Silver-clad figures have been playing up Ferrari's chances of mounting a challenge this year, and now team chairman Niki Lauda is even willing to put a figure on it.

"It isn't Mercedes' fault if we've been faster the last two seasons," the F1 legend told Italy's La Gazzetta dello Sport.

"Our goal is to continue that but I think the gap has been reduced. Last season we had a 0.6 second advantage over Ferrari but they are closer this season. Our gap may come down to 0.2 so anything can happen," Lauda added.

Toto Wolff, the Mercedes team boss, agrees.

"Ferrari has definitely made a leap," he told the Austrian broadcaster ORF.

"Already from 2014 to 2015 they developed really well, and now they have continued that.

"If we have a head-start, it is not like it was last year -- we are talking about two, three tenths. Maybe just one," said Wolff.

Wolff was also quoted by Germany's Auto Motor und Sport: "Ferrari looks very good. From testing we saw some really interesting laps from them that show they are on the pace."

And driver Nico Rosberg said: "Ferrari has really improved, and I believe they will even bring an upgrade to Melbourne. We will have a real fight with them."

Asked by the German newspaper Bild am Sonntag how many wins he is expecting the Maranello team to capture in 2016, Rosberg answered: "Lots. They are strong. Really strong.
    "
    We have seen this statements before ,but i dont remember the last one of Ros.
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Oh boy I hope with all my heart that we'll be closely matched with the Mercedes, even if a bit behind. One thing from past experience is still though causing me some preocupation, as we've had in the past promising pre-seasons followed by dissapointments in Australia.

I pray to God this time around things will finally be different with a new team with JA and others to put Ferrari in the prime position. Forza Ferrari! This week is gonna take long till friday. Got tired of reviewing the onboard footages from last year already.
    Ferrari per sempre !

Im not so sure we are the ones that are two or three tenths behind. The numbers actually show us ahead if all other things are equal. I truly expect Mercedes to be chasing Ferrari this year.

The more these guys from Merc talk, the further I thibk we are behind them.

Quote Originally Posted by darkchild View Post
    Whatever will be will be, what I know is that Ferrari will more than 3 races this year and Merc knows this - That this time around we would perform well on most tracks unlike last year. I also know that Ferrari delibrately run a body work with little upgrade and that is the Conundrum Merc is facing and reason for them talikng more about Ferrari than minding their own business.

I respect what the team has apparently achieved with the SF16-H and hope to God it gives us the opportunity to become serious challengers for the WDC/WCC, but I am a little concerned about reliability and how the new quali sessions will pan out. But I am 101% supportive and optimistic.

The more they talk and Ferrari remains quiet tells me those Mercedes guys are scared.

Are there any news regarding the Melbourne package? Any kind of updates?

Quote Originally Posted by gvera View Post
    Are there any news regarding the Melbourne package? Any kind of updates?
    Ι haven't heard anything.Everybody is talking about it except from the team.
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

We might see the new front and back wings with some minor aero updates here and there. Mostly sure the nose stays the same, even for a while, and no S-Duct.

This time it has to be something. We all understood what was the test program. But here it's the real deal and there has to be some updates.

Reading that the team is confident with the windtunnel data and the there is an inner low-profile confidence, it seems logic we didn't see them in Barcelona, where the car as a base package seemed fast. That can give us also a bit of a confident hope that with the aero updates to the car, we'll be even quicker.
    Ferrari per sempre !

Quote Originally Posted by SashAlex View Post
    We might see the new front and back wings with some minor aero updates here and there. Mostly sure the nose stays the same, even for a while, and no S-Duct.

This time it has to be something. We all understood what was the test program. But here it's the real deal and there has to be some updates.

Reading that the team is confident with the windtunnel data and the there is an inner low-profile confidence, it seems logic we didn't see them in Barcelona, where the car as a base package seemed fast. That can give us also a bit of a confident hope that with the aero updates to the car, we'll be even quicker.
    If there is no new nose then there isn't new FW

Why so? I mean, we could see a different FW to that of Barcelona tests, while the nose stays the same.
    Ferrari per sempre !

What I can't understand is why is Ferrari struggling to pass crash test for the short nose design and Merc is not face the same issue. I think Ferrari nose is a bit bulky

Quote Originally Posted by vetalo View Post
    What I can't understand is why is Ferrari struggling to pass crash test for the short nose design and Merc is not face the same issue. I think Ferrari nose is a bit bulky
    Yeah, I find it strange too. Unless the nose Ferrari failed to pass the test was even more extreme than the Mercedes have, which is hard to believe.

Torro Rosso have a pretty advanced nose and passed the tests, while Ferrari with all the resources didn't. Well, money isn't everything in F1.
    Ferrari per sempre !

Nose structure and front suspension is very different between teams, so it means very little that Merc passed crash test with theirs. Renault is running similar nose like Merc for a year and didnt have problems with passing crash test, while RBR tried 60 times with Ferrari like nose.

Other then that, these are two nose philosophies. One (RBR/Fer) tries to maximize air passage under the nose towards the back of the car, while Merc style nose tries to push the air around thinner nose.

Quote Originally Posted by Rallyrob View Post
    The more they talk and Ferrari remains quiet tells me those Mercedes guys are scared.
    Give the man a cigar

FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Nice !

Nose structure and front suspension is very different between teams, so it means very little that Merc passed crash test with theirs. Renault is running similar nose like Merc for a year and didnt have problems with passing crash test, while RBR tried 60 times with Ferrari like nose.

Other then that, these are two nose philosophies. One (RBR/Fer) tries to maximize air passage under the nose towards the back of the car, while Merc style nose tries to push the air around thinner nose.
    We do get the point with the Mercedes style of the nose. But TR has the sane philosophy as Ferrari, but a much more advanced looking nose, right? And it passed the crash test at first.
    Ferrari per sempre !

Quote Originally Posted by SashAlex View Post

no S duct ??

Just what I suppose. It doesn't mean there won't be an S-Duct. As for me, I hope we'll see some great updates that'll work.
    Ferrari per sempre !

Please at least minor updates Ferrari