Page 47 of 80 FirstFirst ... 22333435363738394041424344454647484950515253545556575859606172 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,410 of 2373

Thread: Scuderia Ferrari SF16-H Development thread.

All these rumors about Ferrari's performance and issues are so annoying..

I think it will be a miracle if match Mercedes' pace this year..

Quote Originally Posted by Warp View Post

yes, for me too......its always something, every year

Quote Originally Posted by Warp View Post

History has shown it is very difficult to catch up to a team that has a big performance advantage without a major rules change. You have to go back to 2000 when Ferrari caught and passed McLaren with stable rules in place. The teams tend to develop the pace of their cars at a very similar rate, making it tough to catch the leader.

At Sochi this year, Ferrari were 1.8 seconds per lap faster on average than last year. The problem is Mercedes was 1.7 seconds faster, without Rosberg having to push. Ferrari is chasing a moving target that will be hard to catch this year. The 2017 rules change could re-shuffle the pack. If Ferrari doesn't catch Merc soon (doubtful), they should stop development on the SF-16H, and concentrate 100% on the 2017 car.

Quote Originally Posted by f300v10 View Post
    History has shown it is very difficult to catch up to a team that has a big performance advantage without a major rules change. You have to go back to 2000 when Ferrari caught and passed McLaren with stable rules in place. The teams tend to develop the pace of their cars at a very similar rate, making it tough to catch the leader.

At Sochi this year, Ferrari were 1.8 seconds per lap faster on average than last year. The problem is Mercedes was 1.7 seconds faster, without Rosberg having to push. Ferrari is chasing a moving target that will be hard to catch this year. The 2017 rules change could re-shuffle the pack. If Ferrari doesn't catch Merc soon (doubtful), they should stop development on the SF-16H, and concentrate 100% on the 2017 car.
    I know it’s hard to swallow the comment you made, but somehow, deep down I think it’s true.
    We are Ferrari, we should never give up; it’s NOT in our DNA, but if nothing drastically happens from our side in a few races, probably mid season or so, I TOO think that we better off concentrate on the 2017 full force and with the rules changes and a bit of luck we may come out on TOP.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    I know it’s hard to swallow the comment you made, but somehow, deep down I think it’s true.
    We are Ferrari, we should never give up; it’s NOT in our DNA, but if nothing drastically happens from our side in a few races, probably mid season or so, I TOO think that we better off concentrate on the 2017 full force and with the rules changes and a bit of luck we may come out on TOP.
    The problem is that if we back off,the gap the Mercs have will allow them also to concentrate on 2017 and there are at least RedBull and McLaren who also have high hopes for the new rules!!So its a bit of double-edged knife !!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

I agree with you. Renault and McLaren will push early on the new rules. Merc will concentrate on this year for as long as they think they need to. If Ferrari back off they will switch to 2017 and probably be ahead again. There is a balance to be found here, most effort should be on 2017, but with enough on 2016 to keep Merc busy.

The most annoying thing is that if we doesn't manage to make the tyres working this year we Will not be able to do this next year with the new rules.
    The massive advantage Mercedes has is not engine or aéro relative but motricity relative.
    They managed to build suspension completely adaptive to Pirelli tyres temperature and they are the only team to really understand how those tyres works.

Quote Originally Posted by jpalmito View Post
    The most annoying thing is that if we doesn't manage to make the tyres working this year we Will not be able to do this next year with the new rules.
    The massive advantage Mercedes has is not engine or aéro relative but motricity relative.
    They managed to build suspension completely adaptive to Pirelli tyres temperature and they are the only team to really understand how those tyres works.
    Do you think JV test in Fiorano has something to do with that??
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    Do you think JV test in Fiorano has something to do with that??
    I hope so but the mercedes since 2013 know how to extract the grip from those tyres.
    ( hello aldo Costa).
    Very painfull if you ask me.

Quote Originally Posted by jpalmito View Post
    I hope so but the mercedes since 2013 know how to extract the grip from those tyres.
    ( hello aldo Costa).
    Very painfull if you ask me.
    Yeah, the Merc from 2013 was briliant on tyres..
    “The Ferrari is a dream - people dream of owning this special vehicle and for most people it will remain a dream apart from for those lucky few.” ~ Enzo Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Kristof_F40 View Post
    Yeah, the Merc from 2013 was briliant on tyres..
    How Many pole positions ?
    Ok they had not find already the durability but they began to know how put temperature into.

so what are the Ferrari RUMORS for this week's spanish GP??
    new turbo, revamped engine with 50HP more then Mercedes, flexy floor and wings??????????? i mean i'm open for anything that will help us take da fight to Mercedes
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

so what are the Ferrari RUMORS for this week's spanish GP??
    new turbo, revamped engine with 50HP more then Mercedes, flexy floor and wings??????????? i mean i'm open for anything that will help us take da fight to Mercedes
    Yes hearing very little RUMOURS this year. Isn't the turbo fix due in Canada?
    "That has made me fall in love with Ferrari even more today than ever." Fernando Alonso

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrari Man View Post
    Yes hearing very little RUMOURS this year. Isn't the turbo fix due in Canada?
    yeah, i think those guys that were making up all these RUMOURS all this time have finally left this FORUM....LOL

well Ferrari didn't actually say that themselves, did they??? that they are gonna bring a NEW and improved turbocharger for Canada.....or was that just YET another rumour???

it would be nice if they would bring it to Canada as i'll be there for the RACE....cannot wait...and let's hope that we finally will get our FIRST WIN....well actually i'm hoping we'll get our first win this weekend in Spain......one of many, many more to come....

one can only hope, RIGHT???
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

yeah, i think those guys that were making up all these RUMOURS all this time have finally left this FORUM....LOL

well Ferrari didn't actually say that themselves, did they??? that they are gonna bring a NEW and improved turbocharger for Canada.....or was that just YET another rumour???

it would be nice if they would bring it to Canada as i'll be there for the RACE....cannot wait...and let's hope that we finally will get our FIRST WIN....well actually i'm hoping we'll get our first win this weekend in Spain......one of many, many more to come....

one can only hope, RIGHT???
    Yes it may be one of those RUMOURS, one that I choose to believe, in hoping to be able to finally run our engine at max power and be a match for MERC.
    "That has made me fall in love with Ferrari even more today than ever." Fernando Alonso

Any idea what upgrades we are bringing this weekend?

Could be that rear wing we wanted to run in russia and maybe a few tweaks here and there but judging from SM's statement recently about winning as early as Spain maybe we could have our Turbo fix.

Quote Originally Posted by phsyklone View Post
    Could be that rear wing we wanted to run in russia and maybe a few tweaks here and there but judging from SM's statement recently about winning as early as Spain maybe we could have our Turbo fix.
    Thanks. Hopefully we are a lot closer this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by phsyklone View Post
    I dont think we will have the "new turbo"in Spain!!
    SMs statements was more about that we are competitive and we will show our strength in Spain.The previous bad results where more about bad luck and in Sochi was the track that didnt suit us.
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Wonder how many HP we are being starved off because of that Turbo and with renaults upgraded engine rumoured to be around a 30HP increase we could actually see the Bulls step up n give us headaches

Quote Originally Posted by abbottcostello View Post
    Someone suggested, in comments section of an article on this, it may be due to the part I highlighted below, that Ferrari didn't want to submit as reliability issue because it would reveal ICE details to competition. Not really sure about that myself?

Here's the part for reliability. From what I have read, other manufacturers can object if they think it is a false claim, but they rarely do that. Read it on the internet, so must be true.
    Thank you for investigating
    Sorry for my late reply ....
    "If I was driving for Red Bull [from 2008] probably I would have more championships, but because they were dominating between 2010 and 2014 probably I would never have driven for Ferrari. I am very happy and very proud to drive for Ferrari, all my time there.

Verena ‏@miezicat1 22m22 minutes ago
    according to #Bild Ferrari has new sidepods and diffuser in Barcelona. apart from improved aero, parts also weigh less

Sounds good. Barcelona is a track I think we will do well on, hopefully it will be enough!

Jesus he really is putting our heads on a block..

http://www.planetf1.com/news/marchio...s-ferrari-win/

from F1technical forum member Cloud981: AMuS: New turbo anticipated for Canada will cost 2 token. Aim: generating more electrical power through MGU-H without loss of power in engine.

Quote Originally Posted by NyX View Post
    Verena ‏@miezicat1 22m22 minutes ago
    according to #Bild Ferrari has new sidepods and diffuser in Barcelona. apart from improved aero, parts also weigh less
    So, with the updates of Sochi we have new front wing / power unit / rear wing / side pods / diffuser?

Quote Originally Posted by S1000RR View Post
    So, with the updates of Sochi we have new front wing / power unit / rear wing / side pods / diffuser?
    Something like that!!Lets see!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

i guess enough to take POLE and win the race, NO???

all teams will be bring updates for this race.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE