Page 61 of 80 FirstFirst ... 11364748495051525354555657585960616263646566676869707172737475 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,830 of 2373

Thread: Scuderia Ferrari SF16-H Development thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Nand0Nand0 View Post
    I really hope this is just coming our wrong and you don't mean this.
    The thought that talent, skill, leadership or any other human trait is bound or constrained by nationality is dangerous and wrong.
    and IGNORANT

Quote Originally Posted by Gould View Post
    Stereotyping Italians? Hahaha please spare me the fan boy rant. I have been supporting SF for longer than you have lived probably. Look at all the famous teams in F1. Mclaren, Mercedes (both old and new), the 'garagistas' of the 1950's. Even RBR. All run by north Europeans. Yes Aldo Costa works at MB but does he run the team? No? The team is not run by him but by a German and a Brit. Don't get me wrong here, Ferrari red runs through my veins but you can't argue with the points I put forward here.

Tell me in what period did we do well with Italians running the team. I am curious.
    Without getting into the whole respect people of all races and their beliefs thing, I refuse to sit here and banter back and forth with someone hiding behind a computer screen. You obviously have no respect for people of any race and must have preconceived notions about peoples from all countries, therefore, this is simply a waste of
    time. Theres no arguing w/racial ignorance.
    Now if youre finished showing yours, this is an development thread. Im out.

Quote Originally Posted by Gould View Post
    Stereotyping Italians? Hahaha please spare me the fan boy rant. I have been supporting SF for longer than you have lived probably. Look at all the famous teams in F1. Mclaren, Mercedes (both old and new), the 'garagistas' of the 1950's. Even RBR. All run by north Europeans. Yes Aldo Costa works at MB but does he run the team? No? The team is not run by him but by a German and a Brit. Don't get me wrong here, Ferrari red runs through my veins but you can't argue with the points I put forward here.

Tell me in what period did we do well with Italians running the team. I am curious.
    http://www.sq.4mg.com/NationIQ.htm

Italians are more than intelligent enough to handle the rigors of F1. With that said, I would prefer to have the best and brightest from ALL countries including Italy, working together for wins.
    Last edited by Giallo 550; 24th June 2016 at 18:36.

Disappointed Since 2010

Ferrari are too Italian?

Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Ferrari are too Italian?

I kind of get the point he was making. It was just phrased poorly. If Ferrari limits itself to just Italy's pool of talent, they can potentially miss out on those who can contribute from other places. With that said, I don't think that is the current problem with Ferrari.

Disappointed Since 2010

What does he mean about the engine in Austria, are we still not running at full power but getting a fix by then?? (around 1.35 of interview).any thoughts?

https://youtu.be/9gAj--_cvLA

Must be more changes on the way... I believe it may be something like mappings, probably not hardware; but I have no idea.

Maurizio Arrivabene: Ferrari can claim title with one win

Maurizio Arrivabene believes one victory could be enough for Ferrari to win the 2016 drivers' title if it remains consistent and keeps the pressure on Nico Rosberg and Lewis Hamilton.

Despite running Mercedes close on several occasions Ferrari is yet to claim a win in 2016, with Sebastian Vettel recently admitting the team has fallen short of its own expectations. Though the team is 81 points behind Mercedes in the constructors' championship, consistent podiums from Vettel and teammate Kimi Raikkonen have kept both closer to the leading Mercedes pair.

With momentum swinging back and forth between Rosberg and Hamilton and the pair allowed to race by Mercedes, something which led to a collision in Spain, Arrivabene thinks consistency at this stage of the season is vitally important with upgrades on the way.

"It is not just a matter of the number of race wins - but about how you can put pressure on those ahead of us," the Ferrari team boss said. "We must take into account that Rosberg and Hamilton will take points from each other, because otherwise it would be tough.

"The championship is long and we have had several unfortunate days - while they have had only one bad occasions. But if it happens then it is very easy to climb up the points table. We have to believe and have to be positive.

"In Canada we were not far from Mercedes. In Baku, we looked to be in bad shape but then we got on the podium. To me it would be fine to win the title with one win, just as Keke Rosberg did [in 1982]."

When asked if Hamilton, who trails Rosberg by 24 points, could be an ally in helping Ferrari catch Rosberg, he replied: "Why not? The perfect thing would be that first he is an ally, but then of course he will become the main opponent. There are still 13 races to go, the season is still very long."

Standings
    1. Nico Rosberg 141
    2. Lewis Hamilton 117
    3. Sebastian Vettel 96
    4. Kimi Raikkonen 81

I don't know for you guys, but for me this doesn't look like a pressure at all...

Quote Originally Posted by bondilad View Post
    What does he mean about the engine in Austria, are we still not running at full power but getting a fix by then?? (around 1.35 of interview).any thoughts?

https://youtu.be/9gAj--_cvLA
    I believe somebody was mentioning 1 token upgrade for Austria. Didn't say what exactly. After there was a rumour it will be postponed to Silverstone. I believe they are indecisive yet.

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    Maurizio Arrivabene: Ferrari can claim title with one win

Standings
    1. Nico Rosberg 141
    2. Lewis Hamilton 117
    3. Sebastian Vettel 96
    4. Kimi Raikkonen 81

I don't know for you guys, but for me this doesn't look like a pressure at all...
    I don't like Mercedes & Red Bull, but I admire their "less talk more work" approach.

Title is out of question, I will be happy if they manage to win a race or two.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    I don't like Mercedes & Red Bull, but I admire their "less talk more work" approach.

Indeed, we started to talk too much again. Way too much actually.

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post

Agreed.

Disappointed Since 2010

I'm hoping we can still win some races this year because if not, last year was better off.
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Kyss4k View Post
    Indeed, we started to talk too much again. Way too much actually.
    So when Arrivabene is interviewed would you like to hear less about Ferrari and maybe a bit more about his cocker spaniel or how he's coping with his ingrown toe nail?
    What is he supposed to say when interviewed? Maybe a 'no comment'?
    He is basically saying that the year isn't over yet and they're still pushing. Sounds like something a TP should be saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    So when Arrivabene is interviewed would you like to hear less about Ferrari and maybe a bit more about his cocker spaniel or how he's coping with his ingrown toe nail?
    He is basically saying that the year isn't over yet and they're still pushing. Sounds like something a TP should be saying.
    I think there's a difference between saying "there's a lot of racing left in the season and Ferrari will continue to be competitive," versus "we can win the championship with only one victory." I like Arrivabene, but that's way off base.

Disappointed Since 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Giallo 550 View Post
    I think there's a difference between saying "there's a lot of racing left in the season and Ferrari will continue to be competitive," versus "we can win the championship with only one victory." I like Arrivabene, but that's way off base.
    I had a 10 lines long post, when the send took me to an error page, so I'm glad you basically shrinked what I had to say in 2 lines of text :)

From f1 technical:

Quote Originally Posted by Giallo 550 View Post
    This!
    Exactly! That kind of a talk is preferred... or better say nothing and let the results speak for them self!

I hear there won't be a fix for the toenail until Silverstone!

I'm with you, nothing wrong with pointing out there are many paths to the championship.
    Forza Ferrari !
    "You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." - Juan Manuel Fangio

Exactly. He's only saying that the championship is still on.
    Now a stupid statement was when Mclaren declared they would beat Ferrari at Monaco because their sector 3 times at BArcelona were good.

Offtopic: http://www.gptoday.com/full_story/vi...rick_revealed/

Let's hope they ban it or Ferrari has it the next GP.

Exactly. He's only saying that the championship is still on.
    Now a stupid statement was when Mclaren declared they would beat Ferrari at Monaco because their sector 3 times at BArcelona were good.
    Championship is on till there are mathematical chances for it... But... In reality... Hmmm...

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    Championship is on till there are mathematical chances for it... But... In reality... Hmmm...
    I tend to agree with you too on this.
    mathematically YES, we still have a shot at BOTH championship, WDC and WCC....but in actuality UNLESS we find some engine and AERO performance, like very quickly, kind of like overnight and challenge those Mercs for WINS at every race from now ON until the end of season....

other then that, the chances of US winning the championships this year, would be like when PIGS FLY....sad but TOTALLY TRUE...
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    I tend to agree with you too on this.
    mathematically YES, we still have a shot at BOTH championship, WDC and WCC....but in actuality UNLESS we find some engine and AERO performance, like very quickly, kind of like overnight and challenge those Mercs for WINS at every race from now ON until the end of season....

other then that, the chances of US winning the championships this year, would be like when PIGS FLY....sad but TOTALLY TRUE...
    Completely agree with you. I said that just not be labeled doom monger. Honestly, even with the mathematical chances for WDC and CWC I DON'T believe like 5% Ferrari and their drivers, with current state of the car can do something about it!

So which races do you belive we will have our best shot at victory?
    Singapore is given with Vettel? This weekend? Unknown factor is the new asphalt.
    I have a bad feeling as soon as the surfice is new and slippery.

Quote Originally Posted by Settantasette View Post
    So which races do you belive we will have our best shot at victory?
    Singapore is given with Vettel? This weekend? Unknown factor is the new asphalt.
    I have a bad feeling as soon as the surfice is new and slippery.
    any race we could WIN if the Merc take each other out...other then that we're lucky if we gonna win ONE race this year...

we have a good car but it seems very sensitive to set ups as well as we can't seem to bring the tires in the right operating window to make them work.... whereas the Merc seems to do it every time, no matter the conditions COLD or WARM.....oh, and their car is a monster, something from another planet

Let's see what will the revealed tire pressure thing change. If Mercedes loses their advantage due to other teams adapting to it or FIA banning it, then the fight could be real. If not, then you are probably right.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyss4k View Post
    Let's see what will the revealed tire pressure thing change. If Mercedes loses their advantage due to other teams adapting to it or FIA banning it, then the fight could be real. If not, then you are probably right.
    i personally DON"T think that it's ONLY the tire pressures that makes the Merc be such competitive....even if they lose that advantage (which i think it's jsut a small one) they'll still be faster then us, but MAYBE in doing so trying to push their engines more to keep us at bay, maybe they;ll encounter some engine issues....a.k.a engines blowing up....LOL

we'll see what the near future brings us...

Quote Originally Posted by S1000RR View Post
    Offtopic: http://www.gptoday.com/full_story/vi...rick_revealed/

Let's hope they ban it or Ferrari has it the next GP.
    This is huge...And thx for the great pix..

I think, this is the key of Mercedes domination, they are dominating thru the Pirellis... Lets hope its banned...
    Go Ferrari, beat them all!