Page 42 of 80 FirstFirst ... 17282930313233343536373839404142434445464748495051525354555667 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,260 of 2373

Thread: Scuderia Ferrari SF16-H Development thread.

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    More or less I agree with you . I also disagree with people who when Merc are ahead they say "oh Mercs are mighty etc" and when we are really close its just that they are not showing their true pace for good of the sport.and the reason I don't believe that is simply because on the next race that they are truly stronger they are leaving everybody behind seconds.So their they don't care about the sport ????
    They only bad thing is that the truth is that till now we haven't shown a pace capable of putting us clearly ahead of them.Not yet but I also feel that we will pretty sure and they will not have any performance left to answer!!
    I Agree it too. I Think we only need a few Months more Developement for the new PU and get all things together. Then we must be on the Level from Mercedes and may better.
    The Car shows that the Potential is there.

It's great to believe that our power unit can realistically challenge the Merc unit already, but without reliability it means nothing. If it takes until Spain to make the engine reliable, we may already be too far behind. We keep referring to championships but if not this year, it will be all change again in 2017 with new rules and regs and we'll be back to square one, unless our power units are absolutely the best, and all the electronic and hybrid gizmos work in total harmony.
    Last edited by wisepie; 9th April 2016 at 11:18.

Thought I'd post some actual development news (since that's the actual topic of the thread)!
    It was apparently used this past race, so slightly dated but still interesting...
    From the motorsport.com website:

SF16H new diffuser
    Illustration by: Giorgio Piola
    Ferrari
    Ferrari also had a new diffuser for Bahrain, with the changes focused on the outermost section, changing how the wake created by the rear tyre impinges on its performance.

The footplate, highlighted in green, was increased in width for Bahrain, whilst another control winglet, marked in yellow, has been added for 2016 and was increased in width to match the footplate changes in Bahrain.

The comparison from 2015 also shows how aggressively the gurney flaps and winglets ahead of them have been twisted and their angle of attack increased to further assist in dealing with the rear tyres' wake.

Other revisions to the SF16-H in Sakhir (unseen here) included floor modifications near the vertical turning vanes at the front of the sidepods.
    (Same update is on formula1.com, but is worded slightly different & the drawing lacks the green & yellow coloured highlights.)
    Forza Ferrari !
    "You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." - Juan Manuel Fangio

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    It's great to believe that our power unit can realistically challenge the Merc unit already, but without reliability it means nothing. If it takes until Spain to make the engine reliable, we may already be too far behind. We keep referring to championships but if not this year, it will be all change again in 2017 with new rules and regs and we'll be back to square one, unless our power units are absolutely the best, and all the electronic and hybrid gizmos work in total harmony.
    Best hope is they can manage any problems until Spain. May have to turn down PU settings slightly, lose some ability to challenge Merc, but still stay ahead of the rest?
    Forza Ferrari !
    "You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." - Juan Manuel Fangio

Who here believes Merc is DNF free for the year ? Car failure, a couple of injury free crashes big or small even between Lewis and Nico. Were in it for sure. No need to wait till next year. All that went into getting Seb's car ready and it blew up ! I t can happen to Merc also." Ferrari Haas " is the team to watch !

"In order to finish first you must first finish" -Rick Mears
    Ferrari has followed that quote for many years: putting reliability before everything and then achieving power. Unfortunately I think we are compromising our reliability for a more powerful engine. The reason we won the 2000 and 2001 championships is because our engine was reliable whereas Mercedes' was more powerful yet unreliable. We need to focus on reliability before pushing out the power.
    Vous resterez toujours en nos coeurs, Jules.

The Ferrari engine was slightly behind in 2000, but it was more powerful than the Mercedes from 2001 on until around 2007. Back then, MB had been using beryllium coating in their cylinders to gain an advantage in reduced friction and increase heat transfer from piston to cylinder walls and therefore the cooling system. Ferrari protested that beryllium was unsafe to use for all involved due to its toxic nature, and so it was they outlawed it around 2001, which coincided with Morgan's (Mor in Illmor) plane crash death. So Mercedes were really starting to have serious reliability issue for quite a period and it would appear they ran their engines turned-down as a result. They had some bad moments, particularly with Kimi who could have won a WDC with them with better reliability.

All info was from memory, so feel free to correct where wrong :)

Quote Originally Posted by From Treviso View Post
    The Ferrari engine was slightly behind in 2000, but it was more powerful than the Mercedes from 2001 on until around 2007. Back then, MB had been using beryllium coating in their cylinders to gain an advantage in reduced friction and increase heat transfer from piston to cylinder walls and therefore the cooling system. Ferrari protested that beryllium was unsafe to use for all involved due to its toxic nature, and so it was they outlawed it around 2001, which coincided with Morgan's (Mor in Illmor) plane crash death. So Mercedes were really starting to have serious reliability issue for quite a period and it would appear they ran their engines turned-down as a result. They had some bad moments, particularly with Kimi who could have won a WDC with them with better reliability.

All info was from memory, so feel free to correct where wrong :)
    Wow, that's interesting, didn't know that, thanks

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

Its gp week and still no news about ant updates pr whatever!!
    Only Toto said ,once again, in an in-house interview that we (Ferrari) had some reliability issues so we only have shown glimpses of pace!!!
    http://www.skysports.com/f1/news/124...of-ferrari-yet
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    Its gp week and still no news about ant updates pr whatever!!
    Only Toto said ,once again, in an in-house interview that we (Ferrari) had some reliability issues so we only have shown glimpses of pace!!!
    http://www.skysports.com/f1/news/124...of-ferrari-yet
    Since Arrivabene came policy regarding announcing updates changed. They dont talk too much regarding updates like previous squad used to do. Get used to it

Quote Originally Posted by F1NAC View Post
    Since Arrivabene came policy regarding announcing updates changed. They dont talk too much regarding updates like previous squad used to do. Get used to it
    I know that,but not even a rumour ,something, just to feed our hunger!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

that's right...i like it better this way, less more flabbing of the gums, and more results on track.
    better keep it hush, hush and show results and speed on track

I like it this way. Do the talk on the track. Remembering SD and Tombazis gives me cold chills on my back. So happy they're gone.
    Ferrari per sempre !

Quote Originally Posted by SashAlex View Post
    I like it this way. Do the talk on the track. Remembering SD and Tombazis gives me cold chills on my back. So happy they're gone.
    i totally agree with you mate...especially Stefano....i hated that with a passion....i never seen a team principal so spineless a.k.a jellyfish ever....so glad he's gone

maurizio arrivabene is a MUCH tougher team principal, and that's what the team needs
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

STUTTGART, Germany--(BUSINESS WIRE)--MAHLE is expanding its cooperation with Scuderia Ferrari to include the development and supply of crucial engine components.

“The extreme requirements in these vehicles are the starting point for many innovative solutions that also are used in series production at a later stage”
    Tweet this

“We consider MAHLE an important partner in the ongoing development of our powertrains,” explains James Allison, technical director at Scuderia Ferrari. “We appreciate not only their high level of technological expertise, but also their exceptional reliability.”

The cooperation scope includes the optimization of the crank mechanism and the development of high-performance materials. “Our company’s commitment to motorsport has a decades-long tradition,” emphasizes Wolf-Henning Scheider, chairman of the MAHLE Management Board and CEO. “Many developments have contributed to series vehicle engines being more powerful and at the same time more economical.”

For this project, MAHLE is developing and manufacturing high-strength forged pistons and optimizing their aluminum alloys and protective reinforcements, for example. Added to the list are friction-optimized piston rings and piston pins made of extremely resilient steel, as well as cylinder coatings in the engine housing that reduce friction and are resistant to wear.

“The new generation of hybridized, turbocharged V-6 engines presents very specific challenges,” according to Fred Türk, vice president of MAHLE Motorsports.

The development activities for Ferrari also include innovative combustion processes. For the first time, MAHLE is using a patented solution in this connection that leads to a significant increase in efficiency.

The new lean-burn combustion process MAHLE Jet Ignition achieves this with a high energy jet ignition system. Higher power output is thus generated for motorsports applications. But MAHLE also will develop the process for series vehicles, since the help of this technology efficiency levels can be achieved that are otherwise found only in diesel engines.

This example demonstrates how motorsport continues to be a technology driver. “The extreme requirements in these vehicles are the starting point for many innovative solutions that also are used in series production at a later stage,” emphasizes Türk.

Commitment to motorsports has therefore been part of the overall MAHLE strategy for decades. The latest example is the steel piston, which helped to claim victory last year in the Le Mans long-distance race. They are now being installed in the new 1.5- and 1.6-liter diesel engines from Renault, which fulfill the Euro 6 standard. MAHLE has been active in various motorsports series for many decades.

Altogether, more than 300 engineers and developers in the business segment of Engineering Services, Motorsports, and Special Applications are working on new solutions that will subsequently be implemented in MAHLE series production plants.

About MAHLE

MAHLE is a leading international supplier to the automotive industry. With its products for combustion engines and their peripherals as well as solutions for electric vehicles, the group addresses all the crucial issues related to the powertrain and air conditioning technology—from engine systems and components to filtration to thermal management. MAHLE products are fitted in every second vehicle worldwide. MAHLE components and systems are also used off the road—in stationary applications, for mobile machinery, as well in railroad, marine, and aerospace applications.

In 2015, the group generated sales of 11.5 billion euros (provisional figures) with around 75,000 employees (as at December 31, 2015). Today, MAHLE is represented in over 30 countries with 170 production locations. At 15 major development locations in Germany, Great Britain, Luxembourg, Slovenia, the USA, Brazil, Japan, China, and India, around 6,000 development engineers and technicians are working on innovative solutions.

http://www.espn.co.uk/f1/story/_/id/...nalty-shanghai

good news to start with this week, as lewis hit with grid penalty.
    Hope Seb can pull it off & keep rosberg behind him in Qualy.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post

I'm curious how Hamiltons gearbox got damaged as Bottas hit him by the sidepod and damaged the floor, also in the race there was no ovious gearbox issues. Maybe Merc reliability is not as good as everyone thinks.

Also this is a very good chance to get a win, if we can't get pole then we should be 2nd and 3rd in quali and can get Nico off the line aslong as we can ace the start.

Quote Originally Posted by mizf1 View Post
    This is positive news, especially at this point in the season.

Shanghai, China (14/04/2016)

via AMUS

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post

why a grid penalty, its not his 5th gearbox?

Quote Originally Posted by zike View Post
    why a grid penalty, its not his 5th gearbox?
    because he has to use one gearbox for six consecutive races

Quote Originally Posted by mhmalik View Post
    because he has to use one gearbox for six consecutive races
    thx mate, forgot about this rule

President, Scuderia Ferrari Club of Denver - The Official Passion
    http://www.scuderiaferrari.club
    denver@scuderiaferrari.club

Are these brakes new? I'm not sure I've seen this configuration with the three tear-drop shaped openings before. Thanks.

Hi to all of you need some help a while back there was a Ferrari video that showed all the f1 cars through the years it's not the shell commercial it started with gille I think can't find it

This a new nose ?
    CgDaUANW4AEuDUa.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by MikeT View Post
    This a new nose ?
    CgDaUANW4AEuDUa.jpg
    Νο!
    Craig Scarborough ‏@ScarbsTech
    Ferrari playing with FE ballast a lot
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!