Page 49 of 80 FirstFirst ... 24353637383940414243444546474849505152535455565758596061626374 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,470 of 2373

Thread: Scuderia Ferrari SF16-H Development thread.

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    Amen
    Well, it ain't happening, I guess.
    A beautiful design may lead to efficiency and performance.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    Spot on. Efficiency over aesthetics any time.
    ha,ha....well as of quali today in Spain, it seems we have NEITHER of the above

sad but true
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    ha,ha....well as of quali today in Spain, it seems we have NEITHER of the above

sad but true
    I just don't get it, we've used so many tokens and appeared to have got so close to the front, then RB go and put one over on us with their down on power engine and a child in the driver's seat. I'm at a complete loss to understand why, this thread seems to be full of development talk that actually means little when we take one step forward and two steps back. Perhaps we'll surprise ourselves in the race, but this is so hard to bear.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    Spot on. Efficiency over aesthetics any time.
    There are teams who prove, taht even fast car can look objectively pretty.

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

Quote Originally Posted by Kyss4k View Post
    There are teams who prove, taht even fast car can look objectively pretty.
    True. But if we have to choose...

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    I just don't get it, we've used so many tokens and appeared to have got so close to the front, then RB go and put one over on us with their down on power engine and a child in the driver's seat. I'm at a complete loss to understand why, this thread seems to be full of development talk that actually means little when we take one step forward and two steps back. Perhaps we'll surprise ourselves in the race, but this is so hard to bear.
    Montmelo is a aero track, if you good on aero, you will go strong here, hence why RBR can make up the power deficit with good aero. Merc in another world. We, not that bad, just happens we had a bad, bad day at the office today. We are faster than last year, we have gained a second or so, but it just Merc found more and opened the gap more. The team is doing everything, to close this gap.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Well, it's not too bad. We have a number 3 well engraved in our foreheads for what looks like the remainder of the year. Short of a development miracle, our chances of a title have gone up in smoke but there's always 2017 to get our hopes revived.

Who even cares about looks. I'd take a donkey-looking, winning car any day of the week.

How will 2017 be different if the team could'nt get it right with different technical top people the last 8 years.

Something deep inside the Ferrari team / management are not right.

Just a big maybe some people inside the team are paid to fail the team.

Why is everyone loosing faith so fast?

I get that everyone is disappointed, it was a though qualy.. However, what do you expect? Obviously Ferrari returning to winning ways. But these days, with these regulations there's only so much possible to do. The team is doing everything they can to close that gap. We can't expect the gap to be closed in a blink, that's unrealistic. Lasy year was a big surprise for us all, 3 wins, who would have expected that after 2014, so obviously expectations high for this year. But still, we had a massive gap to overcome. You can't do that by being conservative, so the team took some risks. It hasn't paid off yet, but what do we want more? The team is doing everything to win again.
    Yes, we are waiting so long for that championship, but it's not realistic to simply expect it to come on a silver plate.. We have to work hard to get there, and the team is doing that.

In my opinion the team improves further and further, and that is what I want to see.. In the days of Alonso, we didn't improve over the season (only 2012 coming to Europe), there was Always something. Now I feel this isn't the case anymore..

Yesterdays qualy was a mess up, an issue we didn't understand.. Hope we can now understand and make sure it doesn't happen again.. Remember Singapore 2015? Did Merc need to fire everybody on the team for the crap car they have made?
    We should keep rooting for the team we, or at least I, love and are passionate about. I get that it can be frustrating and yes, you can criticise the team for doing things wrong, but you should also point out what they've done right.
    Some of you here, every weekend they come here and say we might be able to win and get pole (based on nothing) and than they are overly disappointend when it doesn't happen.. Your expectations should be realistic, you can Always hope for more, but don't take it for granted..
    RBR did very good here: reason is they have the best car on the grid, their engine is just behing, but that hasn't such a big impact here, they can compensate.. Remember how good they were in China, with a straight more than 1km.. There's no surprise in that, they will be very good at Monaco as well...

Merc, they have the insane advantage that in 2014 they had a huge eninge advantage over the rest of the field.. So for other team it was a huge cap to cover which released the pressure of them, they could simply get some flaws out of the car going to 2015 and make it more reliable and still be faster.. Because there's so little testing and because you can't simply do what you want on the engine it made their life easier.. Again this year, they can do small improvements, while we need to find a huge amount of pace..

Merc did a great job on their engine going to 2014, but in my opinion regulations are making it to easy for them.. 2010-2013 RBR was dominant, but regulations changed during these years (nothing to big) but to change small thing, like blown diffuser etc.. This put RBR on the back foot, but they found a solution anyway and started dominating again in 2,nd half of the season because they had a very efficient design team..
    I don't see these kind of things from Merc.. Also when Merc is put under pressure in races they've made a lot of screw ups.. So in my opinion, Merc isn't as good a teams as RBR was(/is), yet they are dominating more.. Says a lot about the sport as it is now..

Differences are just to big.. I mean, look at the gap from Merc - Williams - Force India - Manor, that's insane! It can't simply be car and chassis.. There's more to that.. By sand baggig al the time, they try to make it look like a fight but it isn't.. Also, now that HAM as u huge disadvantage to ROS they can make the season look like a spectacular one by letting HAM fight back to ROS eventhough others don't stand a chance.. The way they do it is just ridiculous and not good for the sport...

I still have faith in the team, I see them improving.. Remember when the team changed, they said it was a 3-4year plan, we just didn't expect to be so good in 2015 that expectations were set higher.. However if Merc make it look like they are 0,7s ahead, but they how they have 0,5s in the pocket.. The moment we close that 0,7s they open there bag and it seems like we are failing..

Everyone can have his or her own opinion, nothing wrong with that.. But don't say you love the team and then say you will only watch if the team wins.. It's like saying you mary someone but only if everything goes fine.. It's the good and the bad days that we need to overcome and enjoy together...

Forza Ferrari per sempre
    “The Ferrari is a dream - people dream of owning this special vehicle and for most people it will remain a dream apart from for those lucky few.” ~ Enzo Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Kristof_F40 View Post
    We all were pumped up by talks of the senior managament of Ferrri saying, we will be up there winning races from the the start. We did not do that. And we keep falling down the order. That's why. There is no relative improvement compared to Mercedes from the last year. I don't think anyone can say "we are losing faith so fast" now as it's almost 10 years without a title.

We all were pumped up by talks of the senior managament of Ferrri saying, we will be up there winning races from the the start. We did not do that. And we keep falling down the order. That's why. There is no relative improvement compared to Mercedes from the last year. I don't think anyone can say "we are losing faith so fast" now as it's almost 10 years without a title.
    SM didn't say we will be up there winning races from the start.. He said he expected us to win.. No one "in the team" said we would.. Everyone said there was a lot of potential in the car that we need to urnavel..

It's just SM who started to put huge pressure on the team to immediatly be up there, whereas the team new it wouldn't be like that.. Now he comes to races and he says "Ferrari needs to win in Spain".. I mean, we didn't bring much upgrades, we were off the pace last race, why would you expect us suddenly to be in front? There's no need for that, you have to be realistic and support the team.. Now we get all these talks about MA being replaced, people fired etc etc.. There's no need for that.. Just when we had a united team, we get these distortions again, by our own president.. He should focus on his job..
    “The Ferrari is a dream - people dream of owning this special vehicle and for most people it will remain a dream apart from for those lucky few.” ~ Enzo Ferrari

SM didn't say we will be up there winning races from the start.. He said he expected us to win.. No one "in the team" said we would.. Everyone said there was a lot of potential in the car that we need to urnavel..

It's just SM who started to put huge pressure on the team to immediatly be up there, whereas the team new it wouldn't be like that.. Now he comes to races and he says "Ferrari needs to win in Spain".. I mean, we didn't bring much upgrades, we were off the pace last race, why would you expect us suddenly to be in front? There's no need for that, you have to be realistic and support the team.. Now we get all these talks about MA being replaced, people fired etc etc.. There's no need for that.. Just when we had a united team, we get these distortions again, by our own president.. He should focus on his job..
    That's not true. He literally said something like "we will be there, we will have the car capable of winning races" before the start of the season. I'm not talking about what he said this week. There is something wrong in the team. I am sorry. It's like we have some procedures in development we don't want to change which are making the developlment unefficient or something... I don't know. Why didn't we upgrade the car since launch to the first race? Why do we still have low speed traction issues for I don't know... 6 years? Something is wrong and what scares me the most is we do not know what, otherwise we would already fixed it (6 years is a long enough for that) and now there's a big rule change which we HAVE to get right, when there's fundamental issues with our design? I quite terrified. Our chassis was not among the best for so long I can't even remember.

That's not true. He literally said something like "we will be there, we will have the car capable of winning races" before the start of the season. I'm not talking about what he said this week. There is something wrong in the team. I am sorry. It's like we have some procedures in development we don't want to change which are making the developlment unefficient or something... I don't know. Why didn't we upgrade the car since launch to the first race? Why do we still have low speed traction issues for I don't know... 6 years? Something is wrong and what scares me the most is we do not know what, otherwise we would already fixed it (6 years is a long enough for that) and now there's a big rule change which we HAVE to get right, when there's fundamental issues with our design? I quite terrified. Our chassis was not among the best for so long I can't even remember.
    The thing is: a couple years back we said something was wrong with the team.. What happened at the end of 2014 was a total cleansing.. It can't just be that the people we hired instead make the same mistakes..
    Remember how Aldo Costa was responsible for our 2011 misery? Look where he is now

The thing is: a couple years back we said something was wrong with the team.. What happened at the end of 2014 was a total cleansing.. It can't just be that the people we hired instead make the same mistakes..
    Remember how Aldo Costa was responsible for our 2011 misery? Look where he is now
    Exactly. That's why I'm saying there has to be some flaw in the desigh philosophy or the team structure/tools. But on the other hand... we did get many people from other big teams, which would for sure say: "we were doing this some other way and it was better" didn't they? I don't know really. But something is off.

Exactly. That's why I'm saying there has to be some flaw in the desigh philosophy or the team structure/tools. But on the other hand... we did get many people from other big teams, which would for sure say: "we were doing this some other way and it was better" didn't they? I don't know really. But something is off.
    Totaly agree with this,something are wrong in the processes or tools or the way they do it,approach it.

If they want to excede they need to throw money and different solutions for there problems they have.

If Ferrari want to win any race soon they have to work on their exist speed from slow corners .... and RBT(TAG HUEUR instead of Renault) are just retarded whiners , i think the Renault engine is not that bad after all ... they just cry and cry until they have every thing they need, spoilt brats

Quote Originally Posted by Jax View Post
    If Ferrari want to win any race soon they have to work on their exist speed from slow corners .... and RBT(TAG HUEUR instead of Renault) are just retarded whiners , i think the Renault engine is not that bad after all ... they just cry and cry until they have every thing they need, spoilt brats
    I also think the TAG-branded engine is stronger than they make out, and their chassis makes up for any deficit anyway. Doesn't bode well for us.

I think with James Allison we are moving in the right direction as a team.. I also think it would be good to try and bring James Key in.. Not as a replacement but as an addition

Could you let me know what would be our team target for this year, when we won 3 races last year????
    At the start of 2016 year, there were a lot of rumours & comments even from JA & SM saying... We will be back to winning ways.
    Ok leave the past, could you tell me how many races we are gonna win this year ??? & why so ??
    Don't mind, it's pure frustration coming out from my heart. Because everyone here are there to see one day that RED car could beat Mercs... We are waiting from long time. Title winning teams changed (2009-13 RB, 2014-16 mercs)but we are not able to get closer to them.

I'm not here to blame my team..I'm eagerly waiting for our team to perform to the top level. We have money, we have resources, we have world champion drivers, good sponsors etc... But why we are struggling???
    It's the time for SM to react politically n play the cards to our strength in FIA meeting.
    Next year RB will be favourites as regulations will change according to their proposals. When is Ferrari gonna react ??

In the days of Alonso, we didn't improve over the season (only 2012 coming to Europe), there was Always something. Now I feel this isn't the case anymore..

In days of Alonso we had a driver capable to drive a much worse/slower car (than we have now in 2016) and be in the fight for the title, before that we had Schumacher to do the same thing.
    Thats what Ferrari does not have now!

Vettel wants to be like Schuacher was, but he will never lead the team like Schumacher did. At the moment even Kimi is performing better than he is....

Forza Ferrari per sempre

In the days of Alonso, we didn't improve over the season (only 2012 coming to Europe), there was Always something. Now I feel this isn't the case anymore..

Forza Ferrari per sempre

In days of Alonso we had a driver capable to drive a much worse/slower car (than we have now in 2016) and be in the fight for the title, before that we had Schumacher to do the same thing.

Vettel wants to be like Schuacher was, but he will never lead the team like Schumacher did. At the moment even Kimi is performing better than he is....

Quote Originally Posted by hrc5555 View Post

Vet had poor strategy in race 1, next turbo failure, next crash with kvyat. So in 3 races, 2 races he's out. Till now we had 5 races, in which 2 races he was out, 2 races poor strategy which could have been 1st place (including today's), 2races he's out, 1 race penalty. Still he's 5th in championship.
    Kimi: IN 5 races, 1st race he's out, rest all races he's in. He had poor starts in couple of races which he made up some places for it. So he's been consistent but not truly outstanding yet.
    Effectively we have two good champion drivers. This year, quali performance has been not upto the mark from vettel. Hope we gonna c better from him in the coming races. Kimi is never a good quali performer.
    Both alonso & Kimi are race masters.

According to Vettel:

“There is nothing wrong with our car, it’s good, it works well, and the stuff we brought here seems to work.”

Quote Originally Posted by Imperatore View Post
    According to Vettel:

“There is nothing wrong with our car, it’s good, it works well, and the stuff we brought here seems to work.”
    That is good to know. The conclusion is that other cars works better than Ferrari! That's it. Work harder I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    That is good to know. The conclusion is that other cars works better than Ferrari! That's it. Work harder I guess.
    this is even worst

Quote Originally Posted by zike View Post
    this is even worst
    I don't know what is worse now...

Ferrari is drafting in Sebastian Vettel for crucial tests at Barcelona in Spain on Tuesday to try to get to the bottom of its qualifying woes.

The Italian outfit blamed its failure to capitalise on Mercedes' Spanish Grand Prix trouble on the fact that it had got outqualified byRed Bullduo Daniel Ricciardo and Max Verstappen.

After being baffled at the time about how it had struggled so badly on Saturday at Barcelona, as it failed to get its tyres operating properly, it will devote a lot of effort at the track this weekend to uncover what went wrong.

Team principal Maurizio Arrivabene said: "The difficulties seen in qualifying must be resolved beyond anything."

He suggested that the team had come to conclusion about how to sort out its tyre management, but the ideas now needed showing they work on track.

"The engineers have figured out what went wrong," he explained. "They will make the necessary checks in Tuesday's test, and I hope that a quick solution is found.

"It is not a problem that just emerged this weekend – but has been dragging on for a while. On some tracks you see it more, on others less. But it needs to be solved."

Quote Originally Posted by bondilad View Post
    Ferrari is drafting in Sebastian Vettel for crucial tests at Barcelona in Spain on Tuesday to try to get to the bottom of its qualifying woes.

The Italian outfit blamed its failure to capitalise on Mercedes' Spanish Grand Prix trouble on the fact that it had got outqualified byRed Bullduo Daniel Ricciardo and Max Verstappen.

After being baffled at the time about how it had struggled so badly on Saturday at Barcelona, as it failed to get its tyres operating properly, it will devote a lot of effort at the track this weekend to uncover what went wrong.

Team principal Maurizio Arrivabene said: "The difficulties seen in qualifying must be resolved beyond anything."

He suggested that the team had come to conclusion about how to sort out its tyre management, but the ideas now needed showing they work on track.

"The engineers have figured out what went wrong," he explained. "They will make the necessary checks in Tuesday's test, and I hope that a quick solution is found.

"It is not a problem that just emerged this weekend – but has been dragging on for a while. On some tracks you see it more, on others less. But it needs to be solved."
    hopefully we'll get to teh bottom of this tire issue and understand better it's operating window and bring them up to temperature quicker when needed WITHOUT overcooking them...i know a VERY HARD task to do, but it will be CRUCIAL
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.