Page 69 of 80 FirstFirst ... 19445556575859606162636465666768697071727374757677787980 LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,070 of 2373

Thread: Scuderia Ferrari SF16-H Development thread.

Quote Originally Posted by wacc View Post
    He did not have enough time nor had he such free hands as Newey is having at RBR...
    Says who..? My information is somewhat different one.

Well, Mr Newey has been working for RBR since 2006 and Mr Allison joined Ferrari in 2013.

SF15 was the first Ferrari Mr Allison supervised from the start and even there they had to compromise because of certain aspects were there from SF14. SF16 is in some ways improvement from SF15 but as it looks the goal posts have moved faster than how Ferrari has been able to react.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Harley View Post
    Well, Mr Newey has been working for RBR since 2006 and Mr Allison joined Ferrari in 2013.

SF15 was the first Ferrari Mr Allison supervised from the start and even there they had to compromise because of certain aspects were there from SF14. SF16 is in some ways improvement from SF15 but as it looks the goal posts have moved faster than how Ferrari has been able to react.
    Very plausible explanation. Several ex SF men mentioned so much on more than one or two occasions. One could however asked, why this aspect - slow counter-measures to the change - wasn't addressed with SM's backing? In fact internet was full of rumors about SM rushing things, and Briton resisting. One would think there was opportunity to discuss responsiveness, or lack of thereof early in 2015.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    car wasn't progressing any better under Allison than it did under Key & Tombaszis.
    James Key? Nope.

Quote Originally Posted by Gould View Post
    James Key? Nope.
    Sorry. Fry.

There is one key thing that I think everyone is missing when it comes to talking about the engineers and that is, that while they are not at Ferrari they are brilliant but when they come to Ferrari they don’t shine any more. I am starting to think that there are too many chefs in the kitchen at Ferrari, also that there is a lot of red tape meaning that the engineers do not have the freedom to be creative and explore the boundaries. I think that even Adrian Newey would struggle to build a great car with Ferrari. We need to allow these engineers to be free and show their full potential. We call it a car by JA but in reality it’s probably only 50% of his ideas that make it to production, if that! Look at Redbull, Adrian Newey pushes the limits and then they go and ask for forgiveness if it is deemed to be illegal or borderline and that has worked for them so far. Let’s start getting creative, lets motivate and innovate because its breaking my heart that we cannot get it right!

Allison held a senior position at Ferrari, thus I am not entirely clear who do you think put brakes on his creativity, and design freedom. More transparent is IMO regulatory restrictiveness (cost down measures). Engineers need a test bed, a real track, but they cannot do that anymore. You make, you test, validate, improve, correct, and move on. Nowadays, wearing blindfold, it takes more darts to throw, before you hit bullseye. Some ideas pan out, many others do not. All teams face the same challenge. RBR spend a lot of their budget on development of chassis, while Renault is focusing on PU. Ferrari at the moment has to take care of everything in their effort to catch the leading team. PU seems OK now, but rest of it needs some more work. The season is not over yet.

Ferrari announced that it has completed another step in its reorganisation process following the departure of technical director James Allison. It promoted David Sanchez to chief aerodynamicist who will take over the duties from Dirk De Beer.
    Ferrari announced earlier this summer that it terminated the contract with technical boss James Allison. The Briton parted ways with the Scuderia after the unexpected, tragic death of his wife.
    The Italian team replaced the Lincolnshire-born expert with Mattia Binotto which meant a promotion from within the squad as the Italian has been responsible for the coordination of the engine department for long time.
    Rumours were swirling that Allison’s departure would trigger the exit of chief aerodynamicist Dirk De Beer. He joined Ferrari in September 2013 when he left Lotus. The fabled Italian outfit has not confirmed his departure yet, but it is now official that his position will be taken over from David Sanchez.
    Sanchez has been working for Ferrari for four years. The Frenchman served duties for McLaren before where he was also a senior aerodynamicist.
    Ferrari's internal promotions of key figures could be benefitial for the near future as F1 is set to introduce sweeping changes in terms of aerodynamics and tyres. This could secure a smooth, continuous work on the completely redesigned car. However, it remains to be seen whether Ferrari tries to sign key people from outside in the future.
    http://www.f1technical.net/news/20964

Ferrari: David Sanchez nuovo capo degli aerodinamici

http://it.motorsport.com/f1/news/fer...namici-806570/

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Very conciliatory tone coming from him. Is he mellowing up?

Maybe he would like to come back.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakae View Post
    Very conciliatory tone coming from him. Is he mellowing up?
    Not surprising at all. He said ín AD 2014 something like 'I am Ferrari driver till Sunday & Monday onward I'll be Ferrari- fan'.

Despite the summer break being in force, I'm pleased to see that a new chief aerodynamicist has been appointed in the shape of David Sanchez, so Ferrari are at least trying to improve what seems to be one of the main weaknesses in the SF16. Here's hoping he can make a difference, and soon.

They basically may need restructuring of chassis design team with some good chassis designer who can bring a change in design concept which is following for many years with same deficit to opponents.

Nagging question of course is, whether they can salvage this season, namely, P2 in WCC. From interviews I gather they have some solutions in the pipes, but whether those are correct ones, and sufficient to overhaul RBR is another matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakae View Post
    Nagging question of course is, whether they can salvage this season, namely, P2 in WCC. From interviews I gather they have some solutions in the pipes, but whether those are correct ones, and sufficient to overhaul RBR is another matter.
    I know it is all about money finishing 2nd or 3rd. I don't think Ferrari desperatelly needs that money. So investing in this year car in order to be 2nd, in my opinion is wasting time and money. Focus fully on next years challenger!

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    I know it is all about money finishing 2nd or 3rd. I don't think Ferrari desperatelly needs that money. So investing in this year car in order to be 2nd, in my opinion is wasting time and money. Focus fully on next years challenger!
    Imagine all the teams behind Ferrari also forgetting about 2016 thinking about next year! F1 end season at summer break

I think it is more about pride and feeling we have performed better than last time.

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Imagine all the teams behind Ferrari also forgetting about 2016 thinking about next year! F1 end season at summer break
    That may be the case, Brembo, but wouldn't it be epic if all of a sudden Ferrari found something special for the second half of the season and came back fighting, anything that can erase the disappointment suffered so far this season would be a real tonic for us all. F1 and the Tifosi need Ferrari to be in contention otherwise we will all lose interest and abandon the 'sport' for something more exciting!

I agree, it's not the end, it's the end of the first 1/2! Kimi & Seb for sure are not giving up and us fans are still " In it! "

It is not that many years ago when teams's broght a spec B car early or mid season if they for one reason or another had managed to produce a dog of a car.

This does not seem to happen these days. Do regulations forbid this and as a result the team/teams are forced to play with winglets and such instead?

That is one of the biggest weakness of the team, they try to finish the season as high as possible year after year lacking that multi year plan for example Mercedes had in 2010.

Geez whizz, I cannot believe what I read in here.

Ferrari is a small company. Sure they are backed, but they do not have the resources
    people think they do. They have to pull their weight within the Fiat empire just like any
    car company does. Some of you think that they just have endless pockets,
    and thats not the case.
    So....again...any updates on the car...that anyone knpw about?

Quote Originally Posted by wacc View Post
    That is one of the biggest weakness of the team, they try to finish the season as high as possible year after year lacking that multi year plan for example Mercedes had in 2010.
    Trying to finish the season as high as possible year after year is a disgrace! Think losing! Out of the points! Give up! Sit out a year, give everyone an undeserved rest ! There's always next year!

28 years today since Sig. Enzo Anselmo Ferrari passed away.

Since theres no news about Ferrari updates, check out this interesting article.

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/te...vement-806747/

Quote Originally Posted by Nova View Post
    Ferrari is a small company. Sure they are backed, but they do not have the resources
    people think they do. They have to pull their weight within the Fiat empire just like any
    car company does. Some of you think that they just have endless pockets,
    and thats not the case.
    So....again...any updates on the car...that anyone knpw about?
    Small company?!?!?!??!

Small company?!?!?!??!
    Yeah? why do you think we are not?
    Forza Ferrari