Page 5 of 80 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718193055 ... LastLast

Thread: Scuderia Ferrari SF16-H Development thread.

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    link??
    I use Facebook for car sites, not sure which it was, F1 Zone probably. If I can find it today
    I'll post it, as I belong to a load of different car sites and get pix everyday.

Quote Originally Posted by Nova View Post
    I use Facebook for car sites, not sure which it was, F1 Zone probably. If I can find it today
    I'll post it, as I belong to a load of different car sites and get pix everyday.
    Whenever you can!!! I wait to see this pic!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jragona View Post
    I feel the excitment building for the car launches already :)
    Unfortunately they will all be released on the internet. I still remember the Force India launch in Mumbai in 2009 (?)
    It would be wonderful if Ferrari launches it in Imola with it roaring out from the garage and driving around the course with Ferrari fans in the grand stands waving their flags and releasing the red flares
    Vous resterez toujours en nos coeurs, Jules.

Quote Originally Posted by TigerKing View Post
    Unfortunately they will all be released on the internet. I still remember the Force India launch in Mumbai in 2009 (?)
    It would be wonderful if Ferrari launches it in Imola with it roaring out from the garage and driving around the course with Ferrari fans in the grand stands waving their flags and releasing the red flares
    Yes that would be great. I remember Ferrari always used to shakedown in Fiorano before going to Spain for testing. They havn't done that the last few years which puts them a step behind on the first day. Other teams do shakedowns in Silverstone (e.g. Mercedes).

Quote Originally Posted by zike View Post
    "Maurizio [Arrivabene, team principal] will tell you we delayed some things to allow for the 2015 car to be finished," said Marchionne.

"Hopefully he will not bitch about this. We pushed the start of some of the work on the '16 cars on the chassis, delayed it a bit.

Ferrari delayed work on its 2016 Formula 1 car to allow it to fully develop the race-winning SF15-T last season.
    Just had a thought when I read that... it sounds suspiciously like the Ferrari under Domenicali... I thought that cycle had been changed under the new management. I hope this is not a bad omen.

Quote Originally Posted by jragona View Post
    Just had a thought when I read that... it sounds suspiciously like the Ferrari under Domenicali... I thought that cycle had been changed under the new management. I hope this is not a bad omen.
    that is EXACTLY my worry i get from that message as well. it seems some poor excuse for what Ferrari of "OLD" (domenicaly, montezuma era) would say just before the beginning of a new season when they let's say "saw" that numbers did not match or correlate with what they thought it SHOULD be...and they would start back paddling....

i truly hope i'm TOTALLY wrong and that i'm not reading anything "bad" between the lines of Sergio's and Arrivabene's statements
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Quote Originally Posted by cokata View Post
    Now we know that the MGU-K can't deploy more then 160hp, but i don't know if there is a limit on the amount of power that can be recovered during braking. There is a total limit of 2MJ per lap, and on some circuits like Silverstone it would be very difficult to do that with just 160hp.
    the 160hp limit is not the issue; it's for how long it can be used for the lap and race. So when it's said that the MGU-K is more powerful, I read it as 'producing the same HP for less energy consumption'. That could create a massive difference in a race - maybe up to 30 seconds? :)

Quote Originally Posted by From Treviso View Post
    the 160hp limit is not the issue; it's for how long it can be used for the lap and race. So when it's said that the MGU-K is more powerful, I read it as 'producing the same HP for less energy consumption'. That could create a massive difference in a race - maybe up to 30 seconds? :)
    Maybe instead of saying more powerful, it should have said more efficient.

Quote Originally Posted by From Treviso View Post
    Electric motors are already at 90+% efficiency.

Let's try to approach that 100% then shall we?
    Vous resterez toujours en nos coeurs, Jules.

well maybe our new and improved one from Magnetti Marreli will be at 99.9% efficiency...
    in anycase, i'm sure we'll be in a much better situation next season and build on the already good season we had in 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Nova View Post
    Theres a pic on facetube showing a frontal view of a covered F16..
    Not sure how genuine it is but you can see the short nose. Looks mercish from what I could see.

Presuming you saw this?

A couple of places posted it. Unfortunately, this image first appeared a few years ago with the same kind of speculation. Certainly isn't our 2016 car. As mentioned below, it's the F2001.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Ste; 7th January 2016 at 07:18.

That image is several years old. I've seen it for a few years now.

Yup. That image can be found as early as January 2010 with a brief Google search. Thought the nose seems familiar. Probably F60, I presume.

Edit: If it's not just a CGI it must be one of the cars Schumi drove, judging by the width and shape of the front wing.
    Last edited by Ilsan; 6th January 2016 at 21:46.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    that is EXACTLY my worry i get from that message as well. it seems some poor excuse for what Ferrari of "OLD" (domenicaly, montezuma era) would say just before the beginning of a new season when they let's say "saw" that numbers did not match or correlate with what they thought it SHOULD be...and they would start back paddling....

i truly hope i'm TOTALLY wrong and that i'm not reading anything "bad" between the lines of Sergio's and Arrivabene's statements
    It's a bit diffent from Dom excuses!!!SM just mentioned it and onthe other hand he raised the expectations right to the top!!!And he exactly said that we have no excuses this year because we had the time and the resurses to built a championship winining car!!!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ilsan View Post
    Yup. That image can be found as early as January 2010 with a brief Google search. Thought the nose seems familiar. Probably F60, I presume.

Edit: If it's not just a CGI it must be one of the cars Schumi drove, judging by the width and shape of the front wing.
    Just did a Google search.. Looks like it's the F2001 in the photo

I'm interested in the very clear interpretation of the rules combined with innovative diffuser or combined with something else innovative :)

I think there is no chance Ferrari wins the title this year. They are lacking everywhere and have a big gaines to make. Mercedes will still be in front by half a second.

Quote Originally Posted by Majki2111 View Post
    I think there is no chance Ferrari wins the title this year. They are lacking everywhere and have a big gaines to make. Mercedes will still be in front by half a second.
    Please stay with us,when the season starts!!!We will talk then!!!
    In the meantime just bother with your driver-team and how to find 2+ secs just to be competitive again!!!
    Last edited by PURE PASSION; 7th January 2016 at 13:50.
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    Please stay with us,when the saeson starts!!!We will talk then!!!
    In then meantime just bother with your driver-team and how to find 2+ secs just to be competitive again!!!
    LOLOLOL could NOT have said it any better....2+ seconds just to be behind US (Ferrari)....LOL
    and yeah, he should really stick around this thread/FORUM for the beginning of the season, i think he's gonna be really surprised by what Ferrari will bring to the table (i mean track) come 2016
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    well maybe our new and improved one from Magnetti Marreli will be at 99.9% efficiency...
    in anycase, i'm sure we'll be in a much better situation next season and build on the already good season we had in 2015
    I don't want to burst your bubble, but that isn't possible. Even if you get anywhere near that we are talking about 4-5hp gain. My assumption is that the motor is more powerful so it can harvest more power. Let's say you have a braking event that lasts 2 seconds. If you are limited to 160hp and when you account for all the inverter losses you are looking at a very small amount of energy that is captured, and the rear of the car has more then enough grip to be able to handle more then 160hp of braking force. The problem is that the rules state that the battery has to be between 20 and 25kg heavy and with that weight it's hard to get a good enough power density, that would allow the battery to absorb tons of power in a short time frame (which is what happens during regen braking)

FERRARI 2016: SOME PROBLEM FOUND ON RELIABILITY TESTING
    In Maranello we are working day and night to be able to take to the track in Barcelona a car as competitive as possible. And 'yesterday's news soon spread through the most popular social networks, which the Italian team would be delayed on the design of the new car since the second half of the year it was decided to continue the development of the 2015 car news to be taken with pliers because we know that the latest updates installed on SF15-T was designed for a new aerodynamic concept developed for the car in its next world championship of F1. Then there is that with the late changes to the technical regulations (opening of all areas considered blocked until October, etc ....), we wanted to intervene honing or even redesigning some parts / components of the new car. So this is a little late, but that does not worry the technicians of the Italian team.

But the one that most worries, are some reliability issues that the Team is having on the test stand where are turning some key components that will be installed on the car in 2016 . Unfortunately we can not go further into detail, but if the data of the simulator are excellent compared to those in 2015 in the possession of the Italian Team members Italian, more "real" on the test stand some important reliability problem there . Obviously it is too early to sound the alarm bell, whereas the time to get to February 22, the first day of pre-season testing, and there is that the technicians of the Italian team are working hard to solve the problems found.

Google translated from Italian

In Maranello we are working day and night to be able to take to the track in Barcelona a car as competitive as possible. And 'yesterday's news soon spread through the most popular social networks, which the Italian team would be delayed on the design of the new car since the second half of the year it was decided to continue the development of the 2015 car news to be taken with pliers because we know that the latest updates installed on SF15-T was designed for a new aerodynamic concept developed for the car in its next world championship of F1. Then there is that with the late changes to the technical regulations (opening of all areas considered blocked until October, etc ....), we wanted to intervene honing or even redesigning some parts / components of the new car. So this is a little late, but that does not worry the technicians of the Italian team.

But the one that most worries, are some reliability issues that the Team is having on the test stand where are turning some key components that will be installed on the car in 2016 . Unfortunately we can not go further into detail, but if the data of the simulator are excellent compared to those in 2015 in the possession of the Italian Team members Italian, more "real" on the test stand some important reliability problem there . Obviously it is too early to sound the alarm bell, whereas the time to get to February 22, the first day of pre-season testing, and there is that the technicians of the Italian team are working hard to solve the problems found.

I would not be worried bout that; in fact, it's much better to solve the issues now rather than having them in season, like a certain Honda team.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Ι really hope that this delays and reliability problems are because we are gonna built something really spacial and we are pushing the limits!!!!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Qualifying in Melbourne will tell where the team is compared to others. But 2016 is still only the second year of the three year project.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Harley View Post
    Qualifying in Melbourne will tell where the team is compared to others. But 2016 is still only the second year of the three year project.
    The thing is that in 2017 will be a new project!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Projects tend to have subprojects. Or perhaps a new three year project starts next winter.

So, the 667 will be presented online on February 19th? Or, it's just another gossip?

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Harley View Post
    Projects tend to have subprojects. Or perhaps a new three year project starts next winter.
    I rhink this 3 year project that MA and SM announce in the end of 2014 ,has now change and has expedite for at least 1 year!!!As Vet said now that they didnt expect a year so competitive like 2015!!So the 3d year (that we will fight for the championship) of the 3 year project,is now 2016!!!Thinks coming to place!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!