Page 10 of 80 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212223243560 ... LastLast

Thread: Scuderia Ferrari SF16-H Development thread.

Gianlu D'Alessandro ‏@Gianludale27
    It's interesting that Ericsson has confirmed that 2016 Ferrari PU it's very different from the one of last year

I don't know the source, but there you go.

Ss

Very reliable italian blogger christian sponton said that the Ferrari 2016 chassis managed its homologation crash test last week

Quote Originally Posted by cokata View Post
    It's interesting that Ericsson has confirmed that 2016 Ferrari PU it's very different from the one of last year

Its allmost certain that the layout of 2016 PU will change!!!The intercooler and the MGU-K will be on the the side of the PU!!!So what he is saying is nothing "new"!Just another source(just more "official")to confirm thise changes!!!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    Its allmost certain that the layout of 2016 PU will change!!!The intercooler and the MGU-K will be on the the side of the PU!!!So what he is saying is nothing "new"!Just another source(just more "official")to confirm thise changes!!!!!
    I don't know if i would label moving the MGU-K and the intercooler as "very different", but then again a driver says that, not an engineer.

It was on an italian website of F1. Ericsson added that "I heard that Ferrari engineers are happy with the numbers of their PU" :)

will see how many of these gossips are true indeed

Not for our "weapon",but i heard some rumors that Honda will have about 230hp more in 2016!!!But they calculate the full 160hp of the electric generators that they had the problem in 2015 and plus about 60hp from the ice!!So ti is a bit complicated because its not that they where runing only with the ice last year,so now they will have +160hp from that,its just that they will use it in the whole lap every lap!!!!Hope we will have a significant power improvement with our new pu,so they will not come too close to us!!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Not for our "weapon",but i heard some rumors that Honda will have about 230hp more in 2016!!!But they calculate the full 160hp of the electric generators that they had the problem in 2015 and plus about 60hp from the ice!!So ti is a bit complicated because its not that they where runing only with the ice last year,so now they will have +160hp from that,its just that they will use it in the whole lap every lap!!!!Hope we will have a significant power improvement with our new pu,so they will not come too close to us!!!!
    I read from grandprix times that their massive step would only bring them close to 2015 ferrari. I can't share the link though, as I only read it via bleacher report.

Quote Originally Posted by NenoX View Post
    I read from grandprix times that their massive step would only bring them close to 2015 ferrari. I can't share the link though, as I only read it via bleacher report.
    There is logic on this and it will be great!!!!!
    And with (god forbidden)our big step,hopefully once again they will need binoculars to see us in track!!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

-Gianlu D'Alessandro ‏@Gianludale27
    Some parts of the new Ferrari have already passed FIA crash test |#Ferrari #Autosprint
    Good news: according to Omnicorse, Ferrari passed FIA crash test
    Ferrari tried many times to pass FIA crash test (latest is about 10 days ago): that's because they tried many different types of short nose
    The new Ferrari short nose will be something different: It will be a mix between the nose of Mercedes and the one of Toro Rosso | #Omnicorse
    P.S Gianlu hope you dont mind posting your tweets on your behalf??
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

A "rendering" of F2016!!!
    You cant see many differences but here it is:
    Attachment 6579
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

P.S Gianlu hope you dont mind posting your tweets on your behalf??
    No problem

Quote Originally Posted by Gianlu27 View Post
    It was on an italian website of F1. Ericsson added that "I heard that Ferrari engineers are happy with the numbers of their PU" :)
    In English http://en.f1i.com/news/39803-ericsso...c35-delay.html
    and the original interview in Swedish http://f1blogg.teknikensvarld.se/201...uppladdningen/

"I don't know anything more than what we've all been reading, but of course I have heard that the Ferrari technicians are very satisfied with the figures seen so far."

He doesn't appear to know anything specific or have access to them yet. I don't know if the 'very different from the one of last year' is from another source. If not, all he said was the new PU won't be fitted on their 2015 chassis and they will have to wait till 2nd testing to test it.

A "rendering" of F2016!!!
    You cant see many differences but here it is:
    Attachment 6579
    Would really like if it is actually this much red, without hideous black!

so taking in mind the statements so far can anyone explain to us being less technical on the engineering department as simple as possible the big differences of this years PU comparing to the last years ?

Thanks for the updates guys. Every news is welcomed. It is one of the most important parts of the season in my opinion, we have the drivers, now we need the car to be a beast for us to challenge for the WC.

Even if the Honda engine can somehow come close to the Ferrari, McLaren's chassis has been average at best in the last years, so we have our 1 sec gap right there + the engine difference. No worries for me there

In my opinion, McLaren's chassis wasn't so bad last year. They did a good job going through corners, they just had a MASSIVE power disadvantage
    “The Ferrari is a dream - people dream of owning this special vehicle and for most people it will remain a dream apart from for those lucky few.” ~ Enzo Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Kristof_F40 View Post
    In my opinion, McLaren's chassis wasn't so bad last year. They did a good job going through corners, they just had a MASSIVE power disadvantage
    Their chassis wasn't as good as STR's. Even on circuits where power wasn't a massive factor they were slower than them (and the Renault engine is not that much more powerful than the Honda). I would say chassis wise the ranking was. 1.Red Bull (2nd half of the season), 2.Mercedes, (big gap) 3.Ferrari, 3.STR, 4.Mclaren, (big gap) 5. Williams

Their chassis wasn't as good as STR's. Even on circuits where power wasn't a massive factor they were slower than them (and the Renault engine is not that much more powerful than the Honda). I would say chassis wise the ranking was. 1.Red Bull (2nd half of the season), 2.Mercedes, (big gap) 3.Ferrari, 3.STR, 4.Mclaren, (big gap) 5. Williams
    Don't believe the red bull propaganda, the mercedes chassis was a lot better.
    I don't think either the red bull was on par With the Ferrari.

Quote Originally Posted by jpalmito View Post
    Don't believe the red bull propaganda, the mercedes chassis was a lot better.
    I don't think either the red bull was on par With the Ferrari.
    There is no propaganda. After silverstone RB had the best chassis. Don't forget that because of their power deficit almost every race they ran visibly less wing than Merc and Ferrari powered cars. And in some technical sectors which don't have much straights in them they posted better times than Merc, so year their chassis is better.

Ferrari's new F1 car passes crash tests

Ferrari is fully on schedule with its new Formula 1 car after completing its final crash tests well ahead of the first pre-season test at Barcelona.

Although there is no official confirmation from the team about it securing FIA homologation for the 667 chassis, sources have revealed to Motorsport.com that the car has got the all-clear to run.

Ferrari is pushing hard with both engine and aerodynamics for 2016 in a bid to overhaul Mercedes and lift Sebastian Vettel and Kimi Raikkonen in to championship contention.

There are suggestions that the team is going more extreme with its nose this year, making it as short as the regulations will allow in a bid to maximise its performance.

Such a push for a shorter nose makes it harder to pass the crash tests, as rivals found out last year, but it should in theory deliver aerodynamic benefits.

Last year's SF15-T was one of the few cars to stick with a longer-nose concept, and it is not impossible that the team could elect to vary which concept it uses at different race tracks in 2016 depending on performance characteristics.

Ferrari is set for an online launch of its new F1 car a few days prior to the first Barcelona test that begins on February 22.
    Link: http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/fe...-tests-669632/
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

I can't believe there is still a month to go before the new season kicks off... the excitement is already very high. Plus the teams have such a short time to test before the first race.

Quote Originally Posted by jragona View Post
    I can't believe there is still a month to go before the new season kicks off... the excitement is already very high. Plus the teams have such a short time to test before the first race.
    by that you mean before the winter tests start, because it's still almost TWO months before the F1 season starts in OZ Melbourne...

so much waiting time.....grgrrrrr
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

It's easy to look stable through corners when you're going slow [emoji4]

Quote Originally Posted by Nand0Nand0 View Post
    It's easy to look stable through corners when you're going slow [emoji4]
    ^this...totally agree

Quote Originally Posted by Ilsan View Post
    In English http://en.f1i.com/news/39803-ericsso...c35-delay.html
    and the original interview in Swedish http://f1blogg.teknikensvarld.se/201...uppladdningen/

"I don't know anything more than what we've all been reading, but of course I have heard that the Ferrari technicians are very satisfied with the figures seen so far."

He doesn't appear to know anything specific or have access to them yet. I don't know if the 'very different from the one of last year' is from another source. If not, all he said was the new PU won't be fitted on their 2015 chassis and they will have to wait till 2nd testing to test it.
    As I said before, it was on an Italian website.. In the interview he said that the layout of the of the 2 PU is very different :)

Quote Originally Posted by Gianlu27 View Post
    As I said before, it was on an Italian website.. In the interview he said that the layout of the of the 2 PU is very different :)
    Oh, I do think it's pretty much a fact by now. Since it wasn't some revelation for most of us, somehow I interpret 'very different' in the sense how he feels or deploys stuffs in the simulator - or that is also what he heard from the engineers. My mistake.

It was hard to tell..I mean they really never went quick enough for me to get any idea how good or bad their chassis really was.

Quote Originally Posted by Nova View Post
    It was hard to tell..I mean they really never went quick enough for me to get any idea how good or bad their chassis really was.

Agreed, i never believed their claim of being good chassis wise