Page 11 of 80 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324253661 ... LastLast

Thread: Scuderia Ferrari SF16-H Development thread.

Quote Originally Posted by ManFromMilan View Post
    Agreed, i never believed their claim of being good chassis wise
    Yeah, even Martin Brundle said many times that macca's claims of having a good chassis was a big fat lie.
    KEEP CALM AND LOVE FERRARI

Here is Jock Clear

CZj5BelWYAA0PYD.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by cokata View Post
    Here is Jock Clear

CZj5BelWYAA0PYD.jpg
    So he has started now. Is it since the start of the year? Is he chassis side?

And here:
    Attachment 6581
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ManFromMilan View Post
    Agreed, i never believed their claim of being good chassis wise
    Anyway enough of the back of the grid teams, Ferrari are targeting Merc, McLarens goal is to beat Manor and not end up with the wooden spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by mark p View Post
    Anyway enough of the back of the grid teams, Ferrari are targeting Merc, McLarens goal is to beat Manor and not end up with the wooden spoon.
    beat manor?? yeah, that will be hard for them...hopefully Haas F1 team will be better then them also...that woudl be something for a brand new team to BEAT McLaren....LOL

Next season should be pretty interesting in the midfield. Manor will make the biggest improvement, Mclaren should also be much more competitive. Force India and Williams might be very close to each other. In theory we won't have a clear backmarker team and that would be the first time that's the case since i started watching F1 back in the late 90s

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    And here:
    Attachment 6581
    Finally!

Quote Originally Posted by Nova View Post
    It was hard to tell..I mean they really never went quick enough for me to get any idea how good or bad their chassis really was.
    Yes, it is hard. But based on how weak McLaren was in the Mercedes PU just 2 years ago, it paints a picture. Williams were a lot faster with the same engine, that speaks volumes. Last year they could hide behind the Honda flop.
    If this year Honda improves drastically there will be no excuse and a potential RBR Honda on the cards, but these are if's.

And here:
    Attachment 6581
    Scene from the next Transporter ?

A great point was raised on a reddit post about how in the wet test that is going on now Ferrari could test the 4 tokens it homologated in the last possible moment, but didn't race. Since they are technically a 2015 development they may test them now.

Quote Originally Posted by cokata View Post
    A great point was raised on a reddit post about how in the wet test that is going on now Ferrari could test the 4 tokens it homologated in the last possible moment, but didn't race. Since they are technically a 2015 development they may test them now.
    That's great news. I'm sure that will be very useful.

Slightly off topic: Mercedes team are suspiciously quiet right now in comparison to Renault, Red Bull, McLaren/Honda, Torro Rosso and, of course, Ferrari. Big chest beating is happening from all but Mercedes. Honda with its 200+ HP, alongside Ferrari's extraordinary claims of using hyper-combustion, combustion-ignition (diesel-like) technology. Are we going to see another 30 second deficit to the Silver Arrows at the chequered flag once more? I dam well hope not!

i dont know what you guys are talking about how McLaren's chassis not so good... there is not enough information for all of us to understimate a team.... as for the wet weather test conducted yesterday, here is the result, apparently McLaren's chassis is not so bad.
    Times:
    1. Daniel Ricciardo, Red Bull, 1:08.713, 99 laps
    2. Stoffel Vandoorne, McLaren, 1:09.131, 87 laps
    3. Kimi Raikkonen, Ferrari, 1:09.637, 99 laps

Stop underestimating other teams folks...

Quote Originally Posted by f412 View Post
    i dont know what you guys are talking about how McLaren's chassis not so good... there is not enough information for all of us to understimate a team.... as for the wet weather test conducted yesterday, here is the result, apparently McLaren's chassis is not so bad.
    Times:
    1. Daniel Ricciardo, Red Bull, 1:08.713, 99 laps
    2. Stoffel Vandoorne, McLaren, 1:09.131, 87 laps
    3. Kimi Raikkonen, Ferrari, 1:09.637, 99 laps

Stop underestimating other teams folks...
    lol

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

Doubtful these are meaningful in any way! In the wet, don't know the condition of their PU's, don't know what tyre (old or new) they were on at any point. We do know that another Honda PU did expire today.

Would be nice if Ferrari gets some good data here for wet running & those 4 tokens they submitted at last race deadline, too.

I did read on F1i.com that Honda made a major breakthrough after working 24hr shifts w/no breaks for Christmas or New Year's holidays.

It said "Honda has found a way to achieve an extra 223 horsepower from the power unit."

I guess we'll have to wait & see at first test if they made big gains on us & how well all teams did their "homework"!
    Forza Ferrari !
    "You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." - Juan Manuel Fangio

Quote Originally Posted by Kyss4k View Post
    lol
    Apparently McLaren's & RB's 2015 cars got better since the last race of the season, even without the help of any updates of any sort!
    Forza Ferrari !
    "You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." - Juan Manuel Fangio

Quote Originally Posted by abbottcostello View Post
    Doubtful these are meaningful in any way! In the wet, don't know the condition of their PU's, don't know what tyre (old or new) they were on at any point. We do know that another Honda PU did expire today.

Would be nice if Ferrari gets some good data here for wet running & those 4 tokens they submitted at last race deadline, too.

I did read on F1i.com that Honda made a major breakthrough after working 24hr shifts w/no breaks for Christmas or New Year's holidays.

It said "Honda has found a way to achieve an extra 223 horsepower from the power unit."

I guess we'll have to wait & see at first test if they made big gains on us & how well all teams did their "homework"!
    Well to this 223hp,they count the full 160+hp from the electric motors that they had problems last year.But its not that they where running only with the ice so its not staight forward this increase of power!!To me its more like if we epual the electric power to all then the differences is in the ice ,and there Honda was 50-60 hp down from Mercs and us,and now the will find about 70 so my quess is that they will still be down from us and Mercs and they will be fighting with Renault!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

HONDA PLAYS DOWN 200HP POWER BOOST REPORTS

Monday 25 January at 13:35 : Jan.25 (GMM) Honda has dismissed speculation it has found more than a whopping 200 horse power over the winter break.

Earlier, the Spanish sports daily AS claimed McLaren's works engine partner had closed the gap to the leading manufacturers for 2016 by improving the internal combustion engine and troublesome energy recovery systems.

"Sakura, the Honda factory in Japan, has worked 24 hour shifts without Christmas holidays," correspondent Manuel Franco wrote.

But Honda told Britain's Sky on Monday: "These reports are unsubstantiated and merely speculative, and we ask fans and media alike to treat them as such."
    http://www.onestopstrategy.com/artic...t+reports.html
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Honda: "Speculation the increased power of 220 hp!"

Spain were relaunched evolution of engine sensational that have been disproved by the Japanese

25 January 2016 13:10 Honda: "Speculation the increased power of 220 hp!"

We preferred not to talk about it because our information give us data not too encouraging for the power unit of the 2016 Honda. Bench Testing of Milton Keynes, the British headquarters of the Japanese company, have a little 'off the enthusiasm winter.

IN 2016 THERE WILL BE 'A TURBO MORE' BIG
    On 6-cylinder RA 615H has changed the turbo compressor group, mounting solutions larger than the IHI seen last year. The hope was to get the boost to the limit of 125,000 rpm granted by the regulation, but reliability problems (especially bearings) have never allowed to hold this regime and, turning much slower, electricity collection from MGU- H had never adequately enough to recharge the battery pack.

WEAKNESSES IN BURNING IN THE 6-CYLINDER
    With the new configuration it will be possible to improve the behavior of the power unit of Japan, even though there are obvious deficiencies in the unit endothermic, still unable to challenge Mercedes and Ferrari. Surprised, then, that Spanish sources have talked about a tremendous improvement in the performance of the Honda engine. Some have argued ... a leap of more than 220 horses.

LA HONDA DENIES The 220 ​​HORSES MORE '!
    An enormity that forced men to intervene Honda: "The recent media reports have suggested a massive increase in power for the McLaren-Honda in 2016. This information is baseless and speculative, so we ask the fans and the media to treat them as such. "

WHO KNOWS 'WHAT STARA' THINKING ALONSO?
    The reality, however, seems much less exciting, because even at the level of reliability have not yet reached the goals they were seeking. McLaren, in fact, you have to prepare for another tough season. I wonder what he thinks Fernando Alonso?

https://translate.google.de/translat...-text=&act=url

Also they can run as high of a fuel flow as they wish during the test, no one is stopping them. We've seen plenty of wet races during last season and McLaren wasn't really more competitive than in the dry.

Jock Clear, where did he come from?
    I remember hearing the name.

Mecedes

there u go, from wikipedia

Jock Clear, born 1963 [1] in Portsmouth, Hampshire,[2] is a senior performance engineer working for Scuderia Ferrari, who previously was the engineer for Lewis Hamilton (2013/14) and Michael Schumacher (2011/12). Previously he was race engineer for Nico Rosberg from (2010 to 2012), Rubens Barrichello from (2006 to 2009) and Takuma Sato (from 2003 to 2005).

Clear attended The Portsmouth Grammar School[3] and graduated in 1987 with a degree in mechanical engineering from Heriot-Watt University, Edinburgh.[4]

Vettel urges caution over Marchionne's Australian GP ambitions!!

Sebastian Vettel has played down the importance of the season-opening Australian Grand Prix for his Ferrari team, suggesting that it should not define the entire campaign.

Ahead of a season in which Ferrari will aim to end Mercedes' F1 domination, the Italian team's president Sergio Marchionne noted that the championship will be decided "in the winter" - and that Ferrari must arrive at Melbourne with a winning car.

Vettel, Ferrari's lead driver in 2015, noted that he shares Marchionne's ambitions, but has hinted that a failure to win in Melbourne shouldn't be viewed as a disaster.

"It's natural that we all want to win - the team is quite big, there's a lot of people and if you ask everyone, I think [they all agree] our target is to win," Vettel said during the Pirelli wet-weater tyre test at Paul Ricard.

"But we know it's very ambitious, we know that the gap has been quite big last year. I think we did a good job over the season to come closer.

"This year we have some changes and we will have to see - obviously the testing is crucial to start on the right foot and then we go from there.

"But Australia is one race from 21. If you win there, it's great, if not - you try to finish as close as possible to the top step and collect as many points. And after that it's a long year."

Is this some mind games,or is it that SM say big words to reverse the picture in stock market???
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Not for our "weapon",but i heard some rumors that Honda will have about 230hp more in 2016!!!But they calculate the full 160hp of the electric generators that they had the problem in 2015 and plus about 60hp from the ice!!So ti is a bit complicated because its not that they where runing only with the ice last year,so now they will have +160hp from that,its just that they will use it in the whole lap every lap!!!!Hope we will have a significant power improvement with our new pu,so they will not come too close to us!!!!
    Nice to know the McLaren will be easier to push around the track. LOL!
    President, Scuderia Ferrari Club of Denver - The Official Passion
    http://www.scuderiaferrari.club
    denver@scuderiaferrari.club

Is this some mind games,or is it that SM say big words to reverse the picture in stock market???
    I think Vettel just has very realistic expectations. Not winning the first race isn't an accurate reflection of the car. So many things can go wrong during a Grand Prix: Stall at the start, Pastor Maldonado, spin, botched pit stop, botched strategy, reliability, etc. Ferrari's car was not as good as Mercedes's last year, but we still managed to win a few over the course of the season due to precisely some of the reasons listed above. Unless we win by a full 30 seconds, I think we will have to wait until a handful of races are in the books before we get an idea of how good the car is.

Disappointed Since 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Giallo 550 View Post
    I think Vettel just has very realistic expectations. Not winning the first race isn't an accurate reflection of the car. So many things can go wrong during a Grand Prix: Stall at the start, Pastor Maldonado, spin, botched pit stop, botched strategy, reliability, etc. Ferrari's car was not as good as Mercedes's last year, but we still managed to win a few over the course of the season due to precisely some of the reasons listed above. Unless we win by a full 30 seconds, I think we will have to wait until a handful of races are in the books before we get an idea of how good the car is.
    I really hope he was referring to these external factors(for not winning) and not to sheer speed!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

PAUL RICARD TEST – 134 LAPS FOR SEBASTIAN
    Paul Ricard Test - 134 laps for Sebastian
    The Pirelli test ends with a “marathon”

Le Castellet, 26 January – With nine planned runs completed today, the Pirelli test drew to a close. It was an opportunity to fire up the engines after a two month break, courtesy of a special test to look at 2016 wet weather tyres. The distances planned for today’s running were much bigger than yesterday, with longer runs to evaluate the behaviour of the prototype tyres in variable track conditions.

In the closing stages, Sebastian Vettel set the fastest time, with a 1.06.750, running intermediate tyres. “It’s always useful to drive a car,” commented the German at the end of the day. “It was fun, even if, with a lot of different prototype tyres, you may get different results, without knowing which tyres we are testing, or if they are going to be used in the future or not. You can have a rough idea which tyres you test and how the tyres were last year, but it’s not clear what’s going to happen with the tyres after this, even if for sure there are some results, but it’s too early to say. It was dryer than yesterday, as they put less water on the track, but they provided us with very consistent conditions.” Sebastian completed a total of 134 laps today, equivalent to around 473 km.

Ferrari with different livery this year: more white, similar to the livery used in the 70s.

http://www.f1analisitecnica.com/2016...ea-bianco.html