Page 7 of 80 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920213257 ... LastLast

Thread: Scuderia Ferrari SF16-H Development thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Giallo 550 View Post
    I really think there's something lost when there is such a large gap between the top four teams (Mercedes, Ferrari, Williams, Red Bull). I want to see Ferrari consistently coming in first and McLaren consistently get into Q1 this season. Yeah, I know all about spygate and how they're "the enemy," but better competition is good for the sport.
    I'm with you Giallo, I want to see Ferrari winning, but it is so much more satisfying when there is real competition with more than 2 teams in the mix.
    Forza Ferrari !
    "You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." - Juan Manuel Fangio

Quote Originally Posted by abbottcostello View Post
    I'm with you Giallo, I want to see Ferrari winning, but it is so much more satisfying when there is real competition with more than 2 teams in the mix.
    I think the idea with 2 teams in the mix is not quite accurate. I know that maybe for us, Ferrari fans, 2015 was all about Ferrari vs Mercedes, but if we look outside the box it was just 1 team really. Sure we challenged in and even won a few races but Mercedes strongly dominated, and in my opinion Williams were closer to us than we were to Mercedes, even RBR at some point were closer to us than we were to Mercedes. The last race however showed how much progress we made even during the season. A no event race for the top 3 and Kimi still kept the Mercs honest and was miles ahead of the next non-Ferrari car. That allowed Seb to slide into 4th. Maybe next season it will be a 2 horse race, i hope so, but 2015 was not imo.
    Last edited by IulianFerrari; 9th January 2016 at 04:33.

Quote Originally Posted by IulianFerrari View Post
    I think the idea with 2 teams in the mix is not quite accurate. I know that maybe for us, Ferrari fans, 2015 was all about Ferrari vs Mercedes, but if we look outside the box it was just 1 team really. Sure we challenged in and even won a few races but Mercedes strongly dominated, and in my opinion Williams were closer to us than we were to Mercedes, even RBR at some point were closer to us than we were to Mercedes. The last race however showed how much progress we made even during the season. A no event race for the top 3 and Kimi still kept the Mercs honest and was miles ahead of the next non-Ferrari car. That allowed Seb to slide into 4th. Maybe next season it will be a 2 horse race, i hope so, but 2015 was not imo.
    I was referring to 2016 season.
    Forza Ferrari !
    "You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." - Juan Manuel Fangio

Quote Originally Posted by Ste View Post
    I can understand wanting McLaren to do badly, but why Fernando? He only did good things for us.
    yeah, he DID. Yes, i may of cheered for over the other driver we had. But, now, may still respect him as driver, but where he finishes, or starts i dont take much notice. As long as we ahead of Mclaren.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Quote Originally Posted by Nova View Post
    Yes Ferrari does have a chance this year. But dont rule out Mac.
    They had a terrible year, but theres no reason to think they will not make gains.
    I wouldnt be surprised if theyre running upwards of midfield.
    People were saying the same thing about us after 2014 and we made a
    pretty good comeback.
    I have no idea where Haas will be, new team, new chassis. Im hoping Sauber has a better year.
    Mclaren has a deficit of almost 2.7 seconds, which means, that by all means if they were to have a chance at the title that would mean they have to cover the 2.7 seconds and get at least another 1.5 seconds in the coming year in order to win the title.

That is a whooping 4.2 seconds year to year.

IF they manage something like that, my hat is off to them, however I sincerely doubt this.

So yea, I am ruling them out.

P.S , Ferrari finished 2014 with a deficit of 1.4 to 1.5 sec and they managed 2015 with a marginal 0.5 seconds. There simply is no comparison between these two situations, we're talking light years here.
    McLaren was fighting in front of Marussia ... what else is there to say?
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    Mclaren has a deficit of almost 2.7 seconds, which means, that by all means if they were to have a chance at the title that would mean they have to cover the 2.7 seconds and get at least another 1.5 seconds in the coming year in order to win the title.

IF they manage something like that, my hat is off to them, however I sincerely doubt this.

P.S , Ferrari finished 2014 with a deficit of 1.4 to 1.5 sec and they managed 2015 with a marginal 0.5 seconds. There simply is no comparison between these two situations, we're talking light years here.
    If Mclaren and find 4.5-5 seconds in ONE YEAR i think they will be getting Merc, Renault and us poach alot of staff with high salary offers.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

As I said it is not gonna happen.;)
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    there i fixed it for ya....WE are the current second fastest team to Mercedes....or at least we were in 2015....what i WANT to see from Ferrari, is to for US to be at the front fighting for wins, with Mercedes and everyone else being our CLOSEST competitors....

who knows, maybe with a bit of luck and a LOT of hard work from all the boys and girls back in Maranello, maybe this "dream" of mine and every Ferrari fan out there may come true
    Thanks for fixing it
    Vous resterez toujours en nos coeurs, Jules.

The history of this sport is filled with many things that were thought to be "not going to happen" until they actually happened.

Never count anything out in F1

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet View Post
    The history of this sport is filled with many things that were thought to be "not going to happen" until they actually happened.

Never count anything out in F1
    Please tell the last time where we had a team gain 2 or more seconds compared to frontrunners from one season to the next with no massive rule change happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter View Post
    Indeed. Reliability issues over performance issues anytime.
    No need to worry about tokens when making engine more reliable.
    really??? is that what you really want??? i hope you're NOT actually serious and i hope FERRARI will never do that....
    all one has to look is 2005 season for Mclaren....that car was FAST, some would say super fast....but it's reliability was ****; Just when ONE thought kimi would win a race or many races that season, his car would let him down almost every other race....if it wasn't for the MANY reliability issues he has had that season he would have been TWO times WDC by now....

surely Newey built a fast car that season, but boy 'oh boy was it ever fragile

so be careful what you WISH for
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Honda is a mystery lately..They come in the turbo era, not this one, the other one,
    make killer engines, although I believe a lot of that was down to the fuel restrictions then..they come back
    when was that, 89 w/nat asp motors, very good, then they come back when? ah, late 90's? and were mediocre
    at best, lotsa white smoke comin out the back o dos Honda's. So which Honda is going to show up?
    They were down that many seconds a lap due to their motor, so if Honda builds a killer power unit, then yea, I do think it possible for them to get further up and make up quite a bit of that deficet. ..defecit...debifit..
    But if its the Honda of late..well then, good luck Mac.

Honda is a mystery lately..They come in the turbo era, not this one, the other one,
    make killer engines, although I believe a lot of that was down to the fuel restrictions then..they come back
    when was that, 89 w/nat asp motors, very good, then they come back when? ah, late 90's? and were mediocre
    at best, lotsa white smoke comin out the back o dos Honda's. So which Honda is going to show up?
    They were down that many seconds a lap due to their motor, so if Honda builds a killer power unit, then yea, I do think it possible for them to get further up and make up quite a bit of that deficet. ..defecit...debifit..

I agree, they can make up a lot if they get the PU right, but last I heard Arai talk, he was still committed to the McLaren "size zero" goal, so that could make it a harder task to get it right. That's part of why they've got the PU problems to begin with.
    Forza Ferrari !

Honda's big success was down to finding a bypass for the FiA boost test.

Quote Originally Posted by abbottcostello View Post

I agree, they can make up a lot if they get the PU right, but last I heard Arai talk, he was still committed to the McLaren "size zero" goal, so that could make it a harder task to get it right. That's part of why they've got the PU problems to begin with.
    +1
    They could make a significant jump in engine performance. The key to McLaren's continued failure is their management IMO.

I understand what you say but I refer to the Honda of late. I don't believe they can switch to a honda of the past in like 2 months ,AND at the same time deliver a killer engine that will bring them to a performance level that could deliver them a WDC or a WCC.

As I said, should something like that were to happen, hats off, however, chances are this simply is a 0.0001% thing.

I understand what you say but I refer to the Honda of late. I don't believe they can switch to a honda of the past in like 2 months ,AND at the same time deliver a killer engine that will bring them to a performance level that could deliver them a WDC or a WCC.

As I said, should something like that were to happen, hats off, however, chances are this simply is a 0.0001% thing.
    It has to be the different generations of engineers at Honda, in all phases of that company.
    The road cars were better and looked better before, the race motors were better...before, now
    the road cars r overweight, their dependability isnt anything like it once was, n the way I can attest to that is owning them since the very early 90's. My newer Honda's have nowhere near the dependability, reliability
    and even handling (fun to drive factor) as my older ones. If they dont show some kind of life in F1 this year, it may be the last we see of them for awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    yeah, he DID. Yes, i may of cheered for over the other driver we had. But, now, may still respect him as driver, but where he finishes, or starts i dont take much notice. As long as we ahead of Mclaren.

Does anyone have an idea of how much time we can gain by having a shorter nose? Since we were the only ones not to run it last season, is it safe to assume we automatically gain this time over others this year ?

Quote Originally Posted by bondilad View Post
    Does anyone have an idea of how much time we can gain by having a shorter nose? Since we were the only ones not to run it last season, is it safe to assume we automatically gain this time over others this year ?
    I think I;ve read an article last year (probably mid year), and James Allison said that he thought the shorter nose would NOT give us that much performance or maybe the way the 2015 car was designed overall, the short nose would not give us much gain or it not benefit us that much.

Having said that, we may probably see the short nose (or a version of the short nose, nor necessarily as short as Mercedes) on the 2016 car and as far as HOW much performance will give us, no one knows…because it will work as an overall package.

really??? is that what you really want??? i hope you're NOT actually serious and i hope FERRARI will never do that....
    all one has to look is 2005 season for Mclaren....that car was FAST, some would say super fast....but it's reliability was ****; Just when ONE thought kimi would win a race or many races that season, his car would let him down almost every other race....if it wasn't for the MANY reliability issues he has had that season he would have been TWO times WDC by now....

surely Newey built a fast car that season, but boy 'oh boy was it ever fragile

so be careful what you WISH for

I really think so, yes.
    With current rules it would be better to have competitive, but not so reliable, than weak and reliable PU. Especially when we didn't have the most powerfull PU last season and we are going to be a serious title contender this year.

In 2005 there was different engine rules. And even then, who knows how much speed McLaren would've lost by making their engine more reliable..

Marchionne repeats Australia victory target!!!

Ferrari big boss Sergio Marchionne has reiterated that his team has a winning target for 2016, starting with victory in the first race of the season in Melbourne.

Although it has emerged that development of the Maranello team’s 2016 car was delayed last year, president Marchionne said recently that immediate wins and the itle are the only goals for the forthcoming championship campaign.

It could be because of Ferrari’s recent separation from Fiat Chrysler, and an arguably shaky start to the floatation on the Milan stock exchange.

A marketing professor was quoted this week by the AFP news agency as warning that Ferrari must be about “performance and success”, while the F1 team must “win races”.

“If they have trouble with that, that (image) starts eroding over time,” he added.

At the Detroit Motor Show on Monday, Marchionne said: “Now it is important for Ferrari to work effectively in testing in Barcelona before heading to Australia for the first race of the season to get back to winning ways.”

The Italian media reports also quoted Marchionne as scoffing at critics of Ferrari’s stock market performance so far, saying “those talking (negatively) about the reaction of Ferrari on the bourse when there was the separation and distribution of 80 per cent of the capital are idiots”.
    Too much confidence from the boss!!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    Too much confidence from the boss!!!!
    confidence is what WE want....and especially coming from the big BOSS that is always good.

if he thinks taht Ferrari has the potential to win races, many of them next year and strating to do so right from Australia, then he must know something that none of us knows...OR he just wants to intimidate the big MERCEDES

confidence is what WE want....and especially coming from the big BOSS that is always good.

if he thinks taht Ferrari has the potential to win races, many of them next year and strating to do so right from Australia, then he must know something that none of us knows...OR he just wants to intimidate the big MERCEDES
    My thoughts exaclty!!!More because SM seems to be not just words!!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

My thoughts exaclty!!!More because SM seems to be not just words!!!!
    Yah, when he said he wanted Ferrari to have practical models, he really meant it. I don't know how i'll cope with seeing a Ferrari Mini van courtesy of Marchionne.
    Vous resterez toujours en nos coeurs, Jules.

Any idea what this is about?? Way too early for launch....

http://readysetred.ferrari.com/en/

I posted the same thing,but i run out of connection and the post didnt pass!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

We'll find out in 5 days

From our friend #Gianlu27
    Attachment 6576
    The only thing that "worries me" a bit ,is that the new PU looks a bit conservative like Renaults especialy that we no longer split the turbo-compressor !!!But if all this give us this special boost,its fine with me!!!!!
    Last edited by PURE PASSION; 12th January 2016 at 20:30.
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

I think we'll dev see a different nose..remember Allisons last car from the guys he worked for b4..
    Im betting more in line w/mercs...then again if it looks like Hamiltons, I may not watch F1 anymore...

From our friend #Gianlu27
    Attachment 6576
    The only thing that "worries me" a bit ,is that the new PU looks a bit conservative like Renaults especialy that we no longer split the turbo-compressor !!!But if all this give us this special boost,its fine with me!!!!!
    We didnt have split turbo last year either. That image is wrong. Ferrari had MGUH inside V as well as intercooler. What this will achieve is lower CG dramatically and remove intercooler from hot part of the engine.