Page 2 of 80 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516275277 ... LastLast

Thread: Scuderia Ferrari SF16-H Development thread.

In Malaysia Mercs made a big mistake,few laps after start came SF and Nico and Lewis pitted and Seb did not. After SF Seb was P1 and Mercs lost many places.
    That is why Seb won. Mercs mistake, nothing else.
    It is so different to drive in clean air, all the races, who takes the lead, wins, like last race, Lewis did try everything, but he was not even close to overtake Nico. And they all know that, and that is why Lewis has been so agressive in starts and pushed Nico out of the track at least two times and no penalties, which is strange.
    So, we were just lucky in Malaysia.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    I think Malaysia holds bigger weight because it wasn't a street like circuit.
    Probably but i was talking about the more dominant wins without any incidents like s/c giving us the win! But Malaysian was our first so it was very nice as well!!
    Again encouraging words from James Allison!!!
    Ferrari technical director James Allison says that Sebastian Vettel's strong performance in Brazil has given the Italian squad renewed hope about its prospects for 2016.

Vettel finished 14 seconds behind race winner Nico Rosberg, and only six seconds adrift of Mercedes teammate Lewis Hamilton in a race that did not feature any safety car periods.

"We were not bad, but we never at any point made them break out into a sweat, I don't think," said Allison. "The car was strong, and they've only got a whisker on us here.

"In general, as the season's gone on, we've just crept a little bit closer, and certainly we've done enough to make ourselves believe that if we do a bit more over the winter we can come back and maybe make them sweat a bit harder."

He added: "The gap was sufficiently small that you could sort of have a hope looking ahead that if we do a good job over the winter, we could be there."

Allison made it clear that the Maranello team is already excited by the potential of next year's car.

"The guys who come here and race the car, they're the people who push the thing through the season. But back at home there are a lot of people who have been head down on next year's car, not just for weeks, but for months and months.

"All those things are coming together for that new car, we're starting to get a real idea of what we're going to deliver for next year. And it's just a thrilling time.

"This season will be over soon, I'll be able to give my full attention to it then, and it's exciting, daunting, but thrilling."

Regarding the season finale, he said: "Abu Dhabi will be a race we're trying to win like all the others. We'll come there and try our best to put our car at the front and win.

"I think we'd have to have a following wind, but we have won this year three times, so never say never!"
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    BHP is good, but its about drivability and how the power is put through to the rear wheels. Chassis, are good, but with how tight the chassis regs are, nearly all the teams chassis are the same, its all about power delivery and aero.
    Very true, all that counts big come race time. I'm just thinking about getting on pole which isn't happening at all.
    BHP for pole, then the rest. For me Seb on pole is a win given as you say a real car.

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Very true, all that counts big come race time. I'm just thinking about getting on pole which isn't happening at all.
    BHP for pole, then the rest. For me Seb on pole is a win given as you say a real car.
    But Seb did it in a RB with a Renault engine that was always said to be down on power to the others. Besides that, Niki just said the Ferrari engine has equaled Merc now, from what I've read.
    Forza Ferrari !
    "You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." - Juan Manuel Fangio

Quote Originally Posted by abbottcostello View Post
    Besides that, Niki just said the Ferrari engine has equaled Merc now, from what I've read.
    Seb said that Niki is on crack...

Quote Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01 View Post
    yup, Nikki is losing his marbles at his old age
    no WAY Ferrari engine is on par with the mercedes one...not the 2015 on3 anyways....maybe the 2016 will be on par or better yet, EVEN better
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Merc are taking Ferrari seriously for next year:

Mercedes evaluating 2016 developments to hold off 'clever' Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    yup, Nikki is losing his marbles at his old age
    no WAY Ferrari engine is on par with the mercedes one...not the 2015 on3 anyways....maybe the 2016 will be on par or better yet, EVEN better
    Well, here's what Maurizio said in the article that jragona shared the link to. Not clear if he means just the ICE or the whole PU though?

"Looking at the data, we are there [on power] because our engine department have done a great job and I want to take this occasion to thank them because, for us, the engine is the core of the car. I know we have other parts of the car where we have to work but this year it was not possible to make some huge changes. But we look forward for next year."
    Forza Ferrari !
    "You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." - Juan Manuel Fangio

Quote Originally Posted by abbottcostello View Post
    But Seb did it in a RB with a Renault engine that was always said to be down on power to the others. Besides that, Niki just said the Ferrari engine has equaled Merc now, from what I've read.
    Ok I give up! We need less HP than everyone to get on pole. It's the black paint that's keeping us off pole pos.

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Ok I give up! We need less HP than everyone to get on pole. It's the black paint that's keeping us off pole pos.
    Curse that black paint!!

Arrivabene says his team's data suggests Ferrari's engine is now a match for Mercedes, but Maranello still has the potential to make more progress with the rest of the car. (from ESPN.com.uk)
    Well, 32 more tokens on the PU side, add to that some significant chassis & aero advances & who knows.
    We seem like we will be in a better position going into 2016 than we were last season, but I'm not counting my chickens just yet, I'll wait til they've hatched!
    Last edited by abbottcostello; 20th November 2015 at 04:35.
    Forza Ferrari !

��
    �� - Ferrari 667 (SF16-T ?) Credo che il muso corto che monterā sarā molto simile a questo - #TechF1
    Translate:
    I think the short muzzle that will assemble will be very similar to this!!
    Attachment 6559
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    ��
    Translate:
    I think the short muzzle that will assemble will be very similar to this!!
    Attachment 6559
    Un muso come il muso anteriore del RBR?
    Vous resterez toujours en nos coeurs, Jules.

Quote Originally Posted by TigerKing View Post
    Un muso come il muso anteriore del RBR?
    It looks the same yes!!!Who knows?
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

#TechF1 - The main news of Ferrari 667 in one pic
    Attachment 6560
    They are not the real sketch of the 2016 ferrari car but they just show us what will change next year!!!Because for example the pictures with the "new" nose and the s-duct are from the red-bull and colored in red!!!In the s-duct one you clearly see the "total" logo on the top and on the sides the red-bull graphics!!!
    Last edited by PURE PASSION; 21st November 2015 at 20:32.
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

What is "La Zona Coca Cola Stretta"?
    Vous resterez toujours en nos coeurs, Jules.

Quote Originally Posted by TigerKing View Post
    What is "La Zona Coca Cola Stretta"?
    Prolly tight rear end that resembles a "Coke bottle"
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Correct F60.
    Hero's come and go, but legends never die!

Quote Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01 View Post
    Niki knows exactly what he is saying. We should not believe what he says because he is being very political. Not because he is losing his marbles. He is misleading the media all the time on purpose. He is very cunning.
    Last edited by Stormy; 22nd November 2015 at 10:55.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    Niki knows exactly what he is saying. We should not believe what he says because he is being very political. Not because he is losing his marbles. He is misleading the media all the time on purpose. He is very cunning.
    Well, our own team principal has also said the same, that the data shows that fact! But I also agree that Niki is very cunning!
    Forza Ferrari !

So what do you think about our aero thing with HASS, did we yse it well, or we were planing to use it but now we cant.

Quote Originally Posted by zike View Post
    So what do you think about our aero thing with HASS, did we yse it well, or we were planing to use it but now we cant.
    I think we use it a lot till now!!!!It might be 1 extra reason for the teams confidence for next year!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by zike View Post
    I believe that Ferrari took advantage of the rule book and we will see the fruits of this in the 2016 car. Brilliant idea and thank you to Hass for playing there part. Can't wait for testing to start.

Quote Originally Posted by mirafiori View Post
    I believe that Ferrari took advantage of the rule book and we will see the fruits of this in the 2016 car. Brilliant idea and thank you to Hass for playing there part. Can't wait for testing to start.
    me too, I think we will be pretty strong

We might have used some of that wind tunnel time for our current car as well. Read somewhere that, otherwise it would be very difficult to bring so many updates in such a short period of time (ex: Barcelona).

The thing is, nobody knows the truth, so I hope we have gained as much as we could for next year's car.

i hope we have worked on 2017's car.

Quote Originally Posted by bondilad View Post
    We might have used some of that wind tunnel time for our current car as well. Read somewhere that, otherwise it would be very difficult to bring so many updates in such a short period of time (ex: Barcelona).

The thing is, nobody knows the truth, so I hope we have gained as much as we could for next year's car.
    I really hope we used it more for next year challenger

Quote Originally Posted by emirBoz View Post
    i hope we have worked on 2017's car.
    No point the rules for 2017 are not known so would be wasting time on guessing.

They are known, teams have confirmed them. We probably worked on prototypes.

Any bold prediction for 2016?
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by fmatiasii View Post
    Any bold prediction for 2016?
    waaaaaaay to early for any predictions. Cannt know really until after first couple races.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE