Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151627 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 WEC, IWTSC, ELMS thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Nova View Post
    Im going to try to make it to the 24 Daytona this year..
    They should have the lineup/grid for that out soon methinks.
    be good to go. There will be Risi. Think SMP will be there. Id love to go. Think may speak tp Mrs Rob about going next year or 2017, her grand parents live in Arizona, im sure could make a holiday within a holiday
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

he Roar Before The Rolex 24: GTLM News Notebook.

Porsche’s pair of GTLM 911 RSR’s for the 2016 season are sporting a new look livery for the Roar

Corvette are here with their pair of new 2016 spec C7.Rs too but there was early trouble in the first free practice session as Tommy Milner suffered a fire aboard the #4 car, the Corvette returning to pitman on a flatbed with torch damage to the rear. This was the second fire for the team of the day, Marshall Pruett reporting that their pit garage was evacuated after the area around a work bench suffer a fire too!

Both Scuderia Corsa and SMP Racing have their new and very shiny Ferrari 488 GTE’s here for the Roar.

With thanks to the ever lovely Shea Adam for pics

http://www.dailysportscar.com/2016/0...-notebook.html

488 GTE

PRACTICE MAKES PERFECT AGAIN FOR MICHAEL SHANK RACING AT ROAR BEFORE THE ROLEX 24.

MULTIMATIC MOTORSPORTS SHELBY PACES CONTINENTAL TIRE CHALLENGE

Picking up where it left off in 2015, Michael Shank Racing posted the fastest times in Friday’s opening day of the Roar Before the Rolex 24 at Daytona International Speedway.

Ozz Negri ran a lap of 1:39.655 (128.604 mph) in the No. 60 Michael Shank Racing with Curb/Agajanian Honda Ligier JS P2 to lead the first of eight scheduled sessions for the IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship. Ligier factory driver Olivier Pla – who will join Negri, John Pew and NASCAR Sprint Cup Series regular AJ Allmendinger in the car at the Rolex 24 At Daytona on Jan. 30-31 – was fastest in the day’s second and final practice, with a time of 1:39.445 (128.875 mph).

“This is what happens when you have a year of experience with a car,” Negri said. “We were quickest in 50 percent of the official practices last year. The car is good, and it shows.”

Prior to Negri’s fast lap, co-driver Pew led the morning session. Pew, Negri and Allmendinger teamed with the late Justin Wilson to win the 2012 Rolex 24 for Shank in a Daytona Prototype.

“We’ve worked on the car a lot over the year, and obviously it’s pretty good right now,” Pew said. “I’m pretty comfortable in the car. Today, I had to start out with a pretty slick, crazy track, and by the end of the session I was pretty quick. This is huge difference from last year, when we came here with a new car and I was a nervous wreck.”

Three high-profile contenders were involved in single-car incidents on Friday. Tommy Milner’s No. 4 Corvette Racing Chevrolet Corvette C7.R caught fire late in the opening session. Shortly after testing resumed, Lance Stroll spun on cold tires between turns five and six, damaging the No. 01 Ford Chip Ganassi Racing Ford EcoBoost/Riley. Later in the afternoon, defending two-time Prototype champion Joao Barbosa impacted the barrier in Turn 7 in the Action Express Racing No. 5 Mustang Sampling Corvette DP. All three drivers escaped injury, with their cars expected to be repaired to return to the Roar.

Colin Braun led both sessions in Prototype Challenge (PC), with a best lap of 1:42.423 (125.128 mph) in the No. 54 CORE autosport Flex-Box/Composite Resources ORECA FLM09. The team won its class in the 2014 Rolex 24 and finished second last year, winning the PC championship both years.

“It doesn’t really matter who’s the quickest in practice, but it’s always a nice day when you’re at the top of the board,” Braun said. “We’ve had good success here, but we need to keep working hard to get better and improve. We know everyone else is doing the same thing, and there are a lot of other very good teams and lineups here.”

Lucas Luhr led opening practice for the GT Le Mans (GTLM) class, turning a 1:45.088 (121.955 mph) in the No. 100 BMW Team RLL BMW M6 GTLM. The time would remain quickest, but it was Augusto Farfus in the sister No. 25 BMW that would lead GTLM in the second practice with a 145.120 (121.918 mph), with the No. 100 car slotting in right behind.

GTLM newcomers Ford Chip Ganassi Racing posted mid-pack times in both practice sessions. Full-season driver Ryan Briscoe brings exceptional experience from last year, having won the 2015 Rolex 24 At Daytona in 2015 with Corvette Racing.

“Coming from having done Daytona the last couple of years with Corvette Racing, it’s been awesome to get that experience under my belt,” Briscoe said. “Winning the race last year, it was phenomenal. I learned a lot with those guys, it’s a great team. I had great teammates with Corvette Racing, so I’m definitely bringing that experience with me here to Ford Chip Ganassi Racing. But [the Ford GT is] a whole new experience.”

Corvette Racing returns with two entries as well, and Briscoe is preparing for anything.

“It’s hard to compare the cars, there have been rule changes this year, such as more downforce,” Briscoe explained. “Everything feels different in the Ford GT. You’re sitting quite a bit lower. It’s all different, but at the end of the day, we’re all going to be very close and competitive, just making the best of what we have.”

The GT Daytona (GTD) field features a number of new cars, with manufacturers bringing in all new GT3-spec entries. Quickest of the day was Raffaele Giammaria in the No. 51 Hublot/Globaljet Ferrari 458 with a 1:48.358 (118.275 mph).

Defending GTD champions, Townsend Bell and Bill Sweedler, have transitioned to O’Gara Motorsport and the No. 11 Lamborghini Huracán GT3 for a full-season effort. This afternoon, the team introduced its additional drivers for the Rolex 24 At Daytona, Richard Antinucci and Edoardo Piscopo.

Team owner Tom O’Gara previously competed in the Lamborghini Super Trofeo series, and is looking forward to what 2016 has in store. “It’s an enormous step for us and our program, we’ve never been in GT3, having run the Super Trofeo series,” O’Gara said. “But Lamborghini itself has never been in North America either. It’s a great partnership that we have.”

The No. 11 Huracán GT3 isn’t alone, as Audi, BMW and Porsche are brand new cars as well. O’Gara isn’t worried about the competition though, and feels very good about the team’s chances due to the significant experience of his drivers.

“We’re thrilled to have Townsend and Bill bring their expertise and all the time they’ve spent,” O’Gara said. “At the same time, Edoardo and Richard bring a wealth of experience in the development of the Super Trofeo car, and the GT3.”

The Roar testing also includes the IMSA Continental Tire SportsCar Challenge, with Multimatic Motorsports leading both Continental Tire SportsCar Challenge sessions. Billy Johnson was fastest in the morning practice – held on a drying track – with a lap of 2:12.069 (97.040 mph) in the No. 15 Ford Shelby GT350R-C. Co-driver Scott Maxwell was fastest in the afternoon, running 1:57.765 (108.827 mph) to pace the Grand Sport (GS) class.

Long-time Street Tuner (ST) contenders Compass360 Racing debuted its No. 76 Ford Shelby GT350R-C at the session. Pierre Kleinubing was fourth-fastest on the day in the new car he co-drives with Paul Holton, running a best lap of 1:58.839 (107.843 mph).

“I like it a lot,” Kleinubing said. “We’re learning much from the other Mustang guys, and that’s the biggest reason we’re here – what we learn in this test will make our season that much better. The car is very well sorted, and I’m happy where we’re sitting right now. We’ve got room for improvement – this car has a lot of potential.”

Ethan Low was fastest in ST, posting a best time of 2:05.850 (101.836 mph) in the Bodymotion Racing No. 31 Delaware Investments/Veristor Porsche Cayman.

Roar testing continues with a full day of activities on Saturday, beginning with WeatherTech Championship practice at 9 a.m. and concluding with a 90-minute WeatherTech Championship session that ends at 8:15 p.m. The Roar concludes with a pair of practices for each series on Sunday, beginning at 9 a.m. Spectators are admitted to the infield at $15 per day, with Rolex 24 ticket holders admitted for free.

Source:
    IMSA
    - See more at: http://www.imsa.com/articles/practic....T1OnfpBh.dpuf

Sweet pix..The 488..need I say more?
    Cool Rob, I know a guy I go karting w/who has relatives that work in the motorsports field, so we may be able to score some good seats.

KCMG to withdraw from LMP2 in 2016 WEC

KCMG will not participate in the LMP2 class of this year’s FIA World Endurance Championship, Motorsport.com has learned.

The Hong Kong-registered outfit ran an Oreca 05 for British duo Matthew Howson and Richard Bradley last season, with the pair taking P2 class honours at the Le Mans 24 Hours along with Nicolas Lapierre.

Howson and Bradley followed that up with another class win in the 6 Hours of Nurburgring, joined by Porsche factory driver Nick Tandy, and finished second in the final standings with a total of five podiums to their name.

The team however was embroiled in controversy at Fuji, where Bradley and G-Drive Racing's Gustavo Yacaman came to blows on track, with KCMG being awarded a suspended drive-through penalty.

Motorsport.com understands that KCMG will only aim to race at Le Mans in 2016, ahead of a potential full-time comeback the following season, when new class regulations will be introduced. One of its ORECA LMP2 chassis has already been sold.

Team boss Paul Ip has expressed a desire to focus more on his core business, but revealed that there is still a chance of his team contesting the GTE-Am class of this year’s WEC.

This would be as part of a collaboration with Christian Reid’s Proton Competition squad, which ran two Porsche 911 RSRs in the class in 2015.

http://www.motorsport.com/wec/news/e...16-wec-666817/

Gutted, do like KCMG, and that livery, stunning.

IMSA, FOX SPORTS ANNOUNCE ENHANCEMENTS FOR 2016 TELEVISION COVERAGE

BROADCAST TEAM, AERIAL CAMERA AND SPECIAL FEATURES INTRODUCED

FOX Sports telecasts of IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship and Continental Tire SportsCar Challenge events will take on an exciting new look in 2016 through a number of enhancements.

The IMSA broadcast team in 2016 will include Greg Creamer handling play-by-play alongside analyst Calvin Fish, with Brian Till and Justin Bell calling the action from pit road. Additions for 2016 include the use of aerial cameras for a majority of events and special feature segments led by Bell that will highlight the personalities, technology, event experience and lifestyle of IMSA racing.

“We are focused on delivering the most compelling television content we can provide to our viewers,” said IMSA Vice President, Marketing David Pettit. “To achieve this goal, we have reallocated our resources to add enhancements to the production of our telecasts and amplify the drama. IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship and Continental Tire SportsCar Challenge racing is inherently thrilling, and together with our partners at FOX Sports and the broadcast team, we will improve how we showcase that excitement.”

Creamer becomes the television play-by-play voice after spending the 2015 season as part of the IMSA Radio team. One of the most respected voices in road racing, Creamer previously has hosted and provided play-by-play coverage of the American Le Mans Series across four different television networks, as well as the 24 Hours of Le Mans.

Fish joins Creamer in the booth, providing his unique brand of expert analysis as he has done for the past 20 years. Fish’s broadcasting career followed a successful driving career in which he won a Formula Atlantic championship in addition to class victories in both the Rolex 24 At Daytona and Mobil 1 Twelve Hours of Sebring Fueled by Fresh From Florida.

Like Fish, Till also transitioned from a successful driving career to become one of the foremost voices for road racing in North America. Till won the Formula Atlantic title in 1990 before moving into IndyCar racing. He made more than 20 IndyCar starts from 1992-94, highlighted by a 12th place result in the 1994 Indianapolis 500.

Bell takes his exuberant style from the broadcast booth last season to the action on pit lane in 2016. The 1998 24 Hours of Le Mans GT2 winner and 1997 FIA GT2 world champion also will play a leading role in numerous features during WeatherTech Championship telecasts in 2016, similar to his popular features in past 24 Hours of Le Mans telecasts.

The production quality of the telecasts will remain at the high level longtime fans have come to expect, but will become more operationally efficient by leveraging technology. The core production will be done at-track and will be supplemented by a studio production in Charlotte, N.C., from which Creamer and Fish will call the action beginning with the Twelve Hours of Sebring in March. The at-track production will continue to include both an international “world feed,” as well as a specific FOX Sports production.

The efficiency provided by shifting some production resources to Charlotte allows for the addition of aerial cameras for eight of 12 WeatherTech Championship races and a creative producer who will work with Bell on the in-depth feature segments.

Full television schedules for the WeatherTech Championship and Continental Tire Challenge will be announced shortly.

The 2016 WeatherTech Championship opens with the 54th Rolex 24 At Daytona on Jan. 30-31, one day after the Continental Tire Challenge opens at Daytona International Speedway with the BMW Performance 200.

- See more at: http://www.imsa.com/articles/imsa-fo....iX50NLiZ.dpuf

van der Garde Signs For ELMS With Jota Sport

JOTA Sport announces today the signing of ex-F1 driver Giedo van der Garde to race for the team in the 2016 European Le Mans Series (ELMS).

The Dutch driver, who competed in 19 Grand Prix with the Caterham F1 Team in 2013, will make his endurance racing debut at the first round of the ELMS, at Silverstone on April 16.

Van der Garde, 30, will partner JOTA Sport regular drivers Simon Dolan and another soon to be named driver in the JOTA Sport Gibson 015S-Nissan which finished a close runner-up in the 2015 ELMS.

As well as a full campaign in the ELMS, Van der Garde will make his Le Mans 24 Hours debut in June.

In addition to the ELMS season and Le Mans, Van der Garde will also compete at the second FIA WEC round at Spa in May, sharing the Gibson 015S with Simon Dolan and Jake Dennis at the circuit where the team has won two previous LMP2 classes – in 2012 and 2015.

Bringing a wealth of racing experience to his new role in endurance racing, Van der Garde has an impressive racing record, including becoming World Karting Champion in 2002 and clinching the Formula Renault 3.5 title in 2008.

The signing of Van der Garde to its ELMS team will strengthen JOTA Sport’s quest to capture the European Le Mans Series in 2016. Jota is one of the most successful LMP2 teams in the ELMS, with three race victories and twelve pole positions.

As well as a full ELMS campaign in 2016, JOTA Sport will also compete in a full season of the FIA World Endurance Championship for the first time. A new ORECA 05 LMP2 chassis has been acquired and is being readied for its first runs ahead of the official FIA WEC Prologue test in March. Drivers for this team will be announced in due course.

Van der Garde will shortly get his first seat time in the Jota Sport Gibson 015S, ahead of the official ELMS test at Paul Ricard 22-23 March.

Giedo van der Garde, JOTA Sport driver: “In F1 I was competing in the highest level of motorsport, but with Caterham there wasn’t a real possibility to win races. Now with JOTA there is, and again at a high level of racing. That’s what I’m aiming for: winning. To win the 24 hours of Le Mans isn’t even a dream; it’s my goal. Therefore I am very pleased to sign with such an established and proven team as JOTA Sport. This is a new chapter for me going in to endurance racing and I am sure it will be an enjoyable one. I have always enjoyed the teamwork side of racing, particularly from an engineering perspective, so I think this will be an asset to start with.

“Endurance racing has so much momentum at the present time and after some time away from the cockpit last season I could appreciate the levels to which it has grown. To make my debut with JOTA Sport this season is a very good start to the year. I’ll do my utmost to be successful for JOTA during ELMS, but also in the 24 Hours of Le Mans, one of the biggest events in racing. It is a huge challenge, but a dream comes true. I can’t wait to go flat out.”

Simon Dolan, Partner/Driver JOTA Sport driver: “I am very much looking forward to sharing a car with Giedo this season. He has a very strong pedigree in racing and I am sure he will be a great asset to the team. From what I have heard he has already made a good impression at the workshop and it is evident he is hungry to forge a good career in endurance racing.

“2016 is a big year for JOTA Sport with an expanded program, so there is a lot of hard work to come, but also a lot to look forward to. We cannot wait to get started.”

Sam Hignett, Partner, JOTA Sport: “It is a pleasure to welcome a driver of Giedo’s calibre to JOTA Sport as he has a proven track record in whatever he has competed in. He will mirror the dedication and professionalism of the team perfectly.
    “We have been talking together for a while on introducing Giedo to endurance racing and I am delighted that we can now work together, on what I am sure will be a fruitful and long-term partnership. He has all the attributes to continue his success from single-seaters to sportscars and we are looking forward to working with him.”

Factfile on Giedo van der Garde
    Nationality: Dutch
    DOB: 25/04/1985
    1998 – Dutch Karting champion
    2002 – World Karting champion
    2003 – Formula Renault 2-litre; selected for Renault Young Driver Programme
    2004-2006 – FIA Formula Three (Van Amersfort, Team Rosberg,ASM)
    2008 – Formula Renault 3.5 Champion with P1 Motorsport; 5 wins
    2009-12 – GP2 (I-Sport, Barwa Addax, Caterham) – 5 wins
    2013 – Formula One with Caterham – 19 Grand Prix starts
    2014 – Formula One test driver with Sauber
    2016 – ELMS with Arden-Jota

Early each week, Porsche Cars North America will provide a weekend summary or pre-race event notes package, covering the IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship, Pirelli World Challenge (PWC), the FIA World Endurance Championship (WEC) or other areas of interest from the world of Porsche Motorsport. Feel free to use them as needed, and do not hesitate to contact us for more information.
    - Porsche Cars North America Motorsports Public Relations Team

Porsche Motorsports Event Notes. Monday, January 11 2016
    Dateline. Daytona Beach, Fla.
    Circuit. Daytona International Speedway
    Track Length/Turns. 3.56-miles/12-turns
    Round. “Roar Before the Rolex 24” Pre-Season Testing, WeatherTech SportsCar Championship
    Next Round. 54th Rolex 24 At Daytona, Daytona International Speedway, January 30-31
    Porsche Profile. Event Highlight Notes

North America the Focus of Porsche Factory GT Racing In 2016
    In 2016, Porsche’s sole full factory GT factory program worldwide will be campaigned here in the North America. For the third consecutive season, Porsche North America will operate the two-car “works” Porsche 911 RSR in the newly renamed WeatherTech SportsCar Championship GT Le Mans (GTLM) class. However, this will be the first time since 2014 there will not be a matching international program racing in the FIA World Endurance Championship (WEC), giving the Rock Hill, South Carolina-based team the full focus of the German company’s much prized sports car racing experience.

Following an extraordinarily successful 2015 season, where the North American program swept the GTLM driver championship with Patrick Pilet (France), the team title and the manufacturer’s crown with four wins (Canadian Tire Motorsports Park, Road America, Virginia International Raceway and a staggering overall win at the season-ending Petit Le Mans), Porsche returns to defend against an increased field of manufacturer-backed competition from Ferrari, Chevrolet, Ford and BMW. The 2016 driver lineup will see Pilet back in the No. 911 Porsche North America 911 RSR with Nick Tandy (Great Britain) and, for the endurance races, Porsche factory newcomer Kevin Estre (France). Frenchman Frederic Makowiecki will share the No. 912 with New Zealand’s Earl Bamber all season with Michael Christensen (Denmark) in for the races of 10 hours or more.

Roar Before The Rolex 24
    Seven Porsche teams, representing both the two car factory Porsche North America effort in the GT Le Mans (GTLM) class, with the Porsche 911 RSR and five customer programs debuting the brand-new Porsche 911 GT3 R in the GT Daytona (GTD) class, used the weekend to setup the updated 911 RSR and the new 911 GT3 R for the Rolex 24 At Daytona in Florida. The 54th Running of the classic American endurance race on the Daytona International Speedway is scheduled for January 30-31. The two 911 RSRs fielded by the works team covered a total of 1,660 miles on the legendary racetrack, which consists of the fast banked turns on the world-famous oval and a tight and twisty infield.

In total, nine Porsche factory pilots and one Porsche Junior tested at Daytona. The two factory 911 RSRs were joined by five of the newly developed Porsche 911 GT3 R, a racecar designed and homologated for customer racing programs world-wide.

Quote:
    Marco Ujhasi, Overall Project Leader GT Works Motorsport: “These three days of testing ran successfully. The program that we’d set for ourselves ranged from qualifying preparations to long runs. We were able to work through our schedule without the slightest technical problem. Everything ran as expected and we feel well prepared for the race. As far as we’re concerned, we could race tomorrow.”

Porsche 911 RSR Updated, Porsche 911 GT3 R Makes North American Debut
    The Porsche 911 RSR in its new factory finish underwent updates for the 2016 season, particularly to the aerodynamics. The position of the rear wing was moved further to the back, and the rear diffuser is now considerably larger. Moreover, the 470 hp 911 RSR, which has been developed on the basis of the seventh generation of the iconic 911 sports car, received a modified front spoiler lip as well as wider side sills.

The latest 911 GT3 R, also based on the latest 911 chassis, will be campaigned by traditional Porsche customer teams. The new racecar was run at Daytona for the first time with the new ultra-modern four-liter flat-six engine with direct fuel injection. Porsche built the 500 hp racing car, based on the production 911 GT3 RS sports car, for FIA homologated GT3 race series worldwide. In developing the vehicle, the engineers at Weissach paid special attention to lightweight design, better aerodynamic efficiency, reducing fuel consumption as well as improved handling. In addition, safety features underwent further optimization and the costs of servicing and spare parts are now lower for competing teams.

The customer 911 GT3 R program is the cornerstone of Porsche’s 2016 international gentleman driver platform. With the IMSA WeatherTech Championship mandating all cars in the GT Daytona (GTD) class fit the international GT3 rules, the new GT3 R was quickly chosen by 27-year Porsche veteran team Alex Job Racing for use by its customer teams of WeatherTech Racing and Team Seattle. Following suit was the Park Place Motorsports entry and, returning to the Porsche fold, Black Swan Racing. In addition, German specialist Frikadelli Racing has also entered a GT3 R in the Rolex 24 at Daytona. Factory driver Patrick Long (Manhattan Beach, California) will drive for Black Swan, Wolf Henzler (Germany) with Team Seattle and Jörg Bergmeister (Germany) with Park Place for the Rolex 24 At Daytona. Porsche Junior driver Sven Müller (Germany) and recent Porsche Junior, Connor De Phillippi (San Clemente, California) will share the No. 30 Frikadelli car.

Quote:
    Sascha Pilz, Head of GT Customer Motorsport: “Our customer teams made perfect use of the test days with the new 911 GT3 R. Their fast lap times and the positive feedback that we’ve received are proof of this. The squads and the drivers familiarized themselves with the new vehicle quickly and made great progress in setting up the car. We leave Daytona feeling very confident and we’re looking forward to the race and the new season, which promises some great racing and a lot of gripping action.”

Cayman GT4 Clubsport Brings Porsche Intelligent Performance to Entry Level Racing
    Most recently, Porsche has focused its official motorsports efforts on variants of the iconic rear-engine Porsche 911 like the 911 RSR and GT3 R as well as on mid-engine prototypes such as the 2006 – 2008 RS Spyder and the current Porsche 919 Hybrid. These cars were developed for professional level racing as well as for the 20 different Porsche one-make series around the globe. That all changed with the late 2015 announcement of the Porsche Cayman GT4 Clubsport. Based on the mid-engined, closed-cockpit Cayman GT4 road car, the “Clubsport” variant provides a track-only entry to amateur drivers looking to take the next career step, and enter the world of professional racing with a Porsche.

Like its street counterpart, the new racecar is powered by a 3.8-liter flat-six engine. The 385 hp (283 kW) mid-engine racer features a Porsche double clutch (PDK) transmission with shift paddles on the steering wheel and a mechanical rear-axle locking differential. The lightweight suspension strut front axle system is taken directly from its big 911 GT3 Cup brother, which is campaigned in Supercup and the various Carrera Cup championships around the world. The impressive racing brake system is fitted with steel brake discs all round measuring 15-inch (380-millimeters) in diameter. Tipping the scales at just 2866 lbs. (1,300 kilograms), the Cayman GT4 Clubsport, delivered from the factory with a welded-in safety cage, a racing bucket seat as well as a six-point harness, is truly lightweight. Designed for simple, reliable and safe racing, the Cayman GT4 Clubsport is eligible for multiple one-make race series worldwide, including the Porsche Club of America’s PCA Club Racing Porsche Cayman GT4 Clubsport Trophy-East series, the Pirelli GT3 Cup Trophy USA West series, as well as the GS class of IMSA’s Continental Tire Sports Car Challenge support series.

The car made its on-track debut this weekend with the Roar Before the Rolex 24 at Daytona International Speedway in the hands of four race teams: Bodymotion Racing, CJ Wilson Racing, DeMan Motorsport and longtime Porsche entrant Muehlner Motorsport America. The No. 33 CJ Wilson Racing entry turned quickest lap of the weekend in the GS class, with a best time of 1:57.430 on the last day of testing.

Quote:
    Jens Walther, President and CEO of Porsche Motorsport North America: “The Cayman GT4 street car was developed, like all other road-going Porsche GT versions, at the motorsports department at Weissach. It was during that development, when we actually went through the car, that we saw the potential for competition. We have understood the need for an entry-level racecar for some time, and we are pleased with the early success our customer teams achieved this weekend here at the ROAR.”

the GT40 does sound, odd.

Sweet pix..The 488..need I say more?
    Cool Rob, I know a guy I go karting w/who has relatives that work in the motorsports field, so we may be able to score some good seats.
    top top, that be great. I know couple people who, may/could get us to the Ferrari pit walls.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    top top, that be great. I know couple people who, may/could get us to the Ferrari pit walls.
    I think I would lose my mind to be at Ferrari pits..
    I may have to find it again, to thus, lose it again...

“After the winter break due to the end-of-year festivities, we’re delighted to see that it’s all go again on the circuits. In Thailand and in the United States, our LM P2 and LM P3 cars put on stunning performances last weekend in the third round of the Asian Le Mans Series and during the three-day official test session for the Daytona 24 Hours.

“These excellent performances at the start of the year bode well for what will certainly be a very busy 2016 season. We have many projects on the go, our new LM P2 will see the light of day, and more and more teams are putting their trust in us and run our cars in the different endurance series. We’re determined to give them the best backup service possible and to share with them a great year’s racing which, I hope, will be crowned with success.

“I’d like to send you all my best wishes for a New Year full of happiness and success.”

Jacques Nicolet, Onroak Automotive President

The fifth issue of the Onroak Automotive Newsletter deals with the following subjects:

NEWS
    Michael Shank Racing at the 2016 Le Mans 24 Hours with a Ligier JS P2

The Asian Le Mans Sprint Cup for the LM P3s and CNs with carbon monocoques

Modifications to the ELMS regulations

Adapting Morgan LM P2 for SRT 41 at the Le Mans 24 Hours

Winter testing

RACING
    Asian LMS, Buriram: top-3 finish in LM P2 and victory and title in LM P3!

The Ligier JS P2s top the time sheets in the ROAR before the 24!

2016 calendars

NEWS

Michael Shank Racing at the 2016 Le Mans 24 Hours with a Ligier JS P2
    On 8th January, during the ROAR before the 24, Michael Shank Racing announced that it would enter a Ligier JS P2-Honda for the 2016 Le Mans 24 Hours for what will be the team’s maiden outing in the Sarthe classic. MSR’s regular duo, Ozz Negri and John Pew, will be joined by Belgian driver Laurens Vanthoor who made a brilliant debut in the 24 Hours in 2015 at the wheel of a Ligier JS P2-Honda entered by OAK Racing.
    Michael Shank Racing has received an invitation partly thanks to the 2015 IMSA Trueman Award given to John Pew.

The Asian Le Mans Sprint Cup for the LM P3s and CNs with carbon monocoques

The Automobile Club de l’Ouest has announced the creation of the Asian Le Mans Sprint Cup, a new series open to LM P3s, CNs with carbon monocoques as well as GT Cup cars for which Michelin will be the official tyre supplier.
    Its aim is to complete the Asian Le Mans Series offer, and the Sprint Cup will open up a wider range of opportunities for manufacturers/constructors, teams and drivers as well as providing another series for the Ligier JS P3s and Ligier JS 53 EVO 2s.

The first year’s calendar will consist of three events. Each meeting will have two 60-minute races, and in order to limit costs for the teams, all three meetings will take place on the Sepang circuit in Malaysia.

Round 1: 27/29 May 2016
    Round 2: 05/07 August 2016
    Round 3: 02/04 September 2016
    Modifications to the ELMS regulations
    In 2016, six European Le Mans Series Trophies will be awarded at the end of the year to the winning team and the best driver (s) in each of the three categories: LM P2, LM P3 and LM GTE.

The teams winning the LM P2 and LM P3 categories will each receive an invitation to the 2017 Le Mans 24 Hours in the LM P2 category. The first two teams in LM GTE will also receive an invitation to the event.

Adapting Morgan LM P2 for SRT 41 at the Le Mans 24 Hours

After a learning season at the wheel of a Ligier JS 53 EVO 2 specially adapted to his handicap, Frédéric Sausset is tackling the second stage of his incredible challenge still backed by Onroak Automotive. Today, the teams are working on the preparation of the Morgan LM P2 that Frédéric will drive in this year’s Le Mans 24 Hours.
    All the tweaks designed for the CN are now being redesigned for the Morgan LM P2: the automatic gear changes, power braking, a pneumatic system to help driver extrication, a steering wheel equipped with a and also a modified pedal box.
    Winter testing

As in December Onroak Automotive will be setting off for Barcelona on 11-12 February to take part in testing with a few prospects and accompanied by different client teams. The following week, on Friday 19th, Onroak Automotive will organise a day’s running on the Magny-Cours circuit to help teams that wish to do so to continue this collaboration and inter-season preparation before racing starts again.

RACING
    Asian LMS, Buriram: top-3 finish in LM P2 and victory and title in LM P3!

Last weekend, the Ligier JS P2s and the Ligier JS P3 shone in the third of the four rounds of the 2015-2016 Asian Le Mans Series, the Thailand 3 Hours on the Buriram circuit.

Algarve Pro Racing repeated its performance in November at Sepang by finishing second in the event in Thailand. The no. 25 Ligier JS P2 entered by the Portuguese team started from the front row, and despite a stop & go penalty for speeding in the pit lane, it crossed the finishing line splitting two Oreca O3Rs entered by Eurasia and Race Performance after a thrilling scrap.

In the LM P3 category, fledgling team DC Racing, confirmed its superb debut by setting its third consecutive pole and scoring its third win on the trot. The driver line-up of Ho-Pin Tung-David Cheng, joined last weekend by young Frenchman Laurent Thomas, crossed the finishing line in fifth place overall in the no.1 Ligier JS P3 behind four LM P2s (16 cars at the start) despite a gearbox problem during the race. This additional victory gave the Chinese outfit the title in the LM P3 category, the first in its history and the first in the Asian Le Mans Series.
    David Cheng’s team’s reward is an invitation to take part in the 2016 Le Mans 24 Hours in the LM P2 category.
    Race classification - top 5: 1- Jagonya Ayam with Eurasia, Oreca 03R-Nissan; 2- Algarve Pro Racing, Ligier JS P2-Nissan; 3- Race Performance, Oreca 03R-Judd; 4- Eurasia Motorsport, Oreca 03R-Nissan; 5- DC Racing, Ligier JS P3-Nissan

Next rendezvous: Sepang (MAL) 22-24 January: final round of the Asian LMS.

The Ligier JS P2s top the time sheets in the ROAR before the 24!

The entrants in the 2016 WeatherTech SportsCar Championship arrived at the Daytona International Speedway for a three-day test session on 8-9-10 January in the ROAR Before the 24 Hours, which is held to enable them to prepare for the 24-Hour race on the same circuit at the end of the month.
    The Extreme Speed Motorsports and Michael Shank Racing Ligier JS P2s, both powered by the new 3.5-litre Honda engine reserved for the American Series, set the pace during the weekend and the two fastest times thanks respectively to Pipo Derani in 1m 39.249sec and Ozz Negri in 1m 39.438sec (pole setter in 2015 in 1m 39.194sec). A Ligier JS P2 topped the time sheets in five out of the seven sessions with Michael Shank Racing quickest in sessions 1, 2, 5 and 6 and Extreme Speed Motorsports fastest in the seventh and final session.

2016 calendars

Here are the calendars of the main series in which Onroak Automotive cars will be racing in 2016.

WeatherTech Championship

The IMSA series, renamed WeatherTech Championship, began on 8-9-10 January with the traditional ROAR before the Rolex 24, the official test session in which all the teams take part before the season kicks off at the end of the month.

28-31 January: Daytona – 24 Hours*
    16-19 March: Sebring – 12 Hours*
    15-16 April: Long Beach – 1 hour 40 min
    29 April-1 May: Laguna Seca – 2 hours 40 min
    3-4 June: Detroit - 1 hour 40 min
    30 June-3 July: Watkins Glen – 6 Hours*
    8-10 July: Mosport – 2 Hours 40 min
    4-7 August: Road America – 2 Hours 40 min
    15-17 September: Circuit of the Americas – 2 hours 40 min
    28 September-1 October: Petit Le Mans / Road Atlanta – 10 hours*
    * count for the Tequila Patron North American Endurance Cup.

www.imsa.com

FIA World Endurance Championship

The 2016 WEC will comprise 9 events compared to 8 previously. It will start with the Prologue, an official test session on the Paul Ricard circuit, on 25-26 March.

17th April: Silverstone 6 Hours (Great Britain)
    7th May: Spa-Francorchamps 6 Hours (Belgium)
    18-19 June: Le Mans 24 Hours (France)
    24th July: Nürburgring 6 Hours (Germany)
    3rd September: Mexico City 6 Hours (Mexico)
    17th September: Circuit of the Americas 6 Hours (United States)
    16th October: Fuji 6 Hours (Japan)
    6th November: Shanghai 6 Hours (China)
    19th November: Bahrain 6 Hours
    www.fiawec.com

European Le Mans Series

The 2016 ELMS will comprise 6 events (5 last year) and will kick off with the official test on the Paul Ricard circuit on 22-23 March.

16th April: Silverstone 4 Hours (Great Britain)
    15th May: Imola 4 Hours (Italy)
    17th July: Red Bull Ring 4 Hours (Austria)
    28th August: Le Castellet 4 Hours (France)
    25th September: Spa-Francorchamps 4 Hours (Belgium)
    23 October: Estoril 4 Hours (Portugal)
    www.europeanlemansseries.com

V de V Endurance Series

Onroak Automotive will be present on two fronts in the 2016 V de V Endurance Series with its Ligier JS 53 EVO 2s still racing in the Endurance Proto Challenge and the Ligier JS P3s, newcomers to the GT/LM P3 Endurance Challenge. The season will begin on 4-5 March with the tests on the Magny-Cours circuit.

18-20 March: Barcelona (Spain)
    22-24 April: Le Mans (France)
    20-22 May: Paul Ricard (France)
    1-3 July: Motorland (Spain)
    9-11 September: Mugello (Italy)
    7-9 October: Magny-Cours (France)
    4-6 November: Estoril (Portugal)
    www.vdev.fr

GT Tour

Another series has been added to Onroak Automotive’s activities in 2016 with the creation of the FFSA French Prototype Championship, announced at the end of August 2015, in the context of the GT Tour.

27-28 March: Nogaro (France)
    7-8 May: Marrakech (Morocco)
    4-5 June: Lédenon (France)
    9-10 July: Magny-Cours (France)
    10-11 September: Le Mans (France)
    1-2 October: Imola (Italy)
    29-30 October: Paul Ricard (France)
    www.gt-tour.fr

Various national series which accept CNs and LM P3s can be added to the above. Here follows a partial list:

- Italian Sport Prototypes Championship: acisportitalia.it
    - Supercar Challenge: www.supercarchallenge.nl
    - Excool OSS Championship: www.brscc.co.uk
    - Sports Car Challenge: www.sportscarchallenge.at
    - French Hill Climbing Championship: www.cfm-challenge.com
    - National Auto Sport Association: www.nasaproracing.com

PRESS & COMMUNICATION CONTACT:

Anne Bernard

Risi Competizione Ferrari 488 Completed

The brand new #62 Risi Competizione Ferrari 488 GTLM was completed today at Michelotto Automobili.

The car will be get a brief shakedown at a small track in Italy next Monday, January 18 before being airfreighted to Miami later next week where it will be picked up by the Risi Competizione Transporter for onward transportation to Daytona for the Rolex 24 Hours.

Ferrari factory drivers Giancarlo Fisichella and Toni Vilander will form the car’s full season IMSA crew with Davide Rigon and Olivier Beretta joining the team for the Rolex 24 Hours.

The team missed last weekend’s Roar before the Rolex 24 Hours test with the car not completed in time at Michelotto but now look set to make the race week with no further problems.

Latest News

Paris - 16 January 2016

THE WEC IN THE UK SPOTLIGHT

In just three weeks’ time the list of competitors for the 2016 FIA World Endurance Championship season will be revealed at a Press Conference in Paris, but work has already been underway for some time to prepare for the start of the new season.

CEO of the WEC, Gérard Neveu, has been in the UK this week to talk about the WEC and help promote the first race of the new season, the 6 Hours of Silverstone.

On the invitation of the Motorsport Industry Association’s Chief Executive, Chris Aylett, Neveu was a speaker at the MIA’s Energy Efficient Motorsport Conference on Wednesday (13 January), talking about entertainment in motorsport and the possible new technologies that might appear in the coming decade to attract and interest new fans.

The following day he spoke on the Central Stage at the Autosport International Show alongside Patrick Allen, Managing Director of Silverstone Circuits Ltd, about the festival of endurance racing and spirit of Le Mans that will be held at the home of British motorsport between 15-17th April 2016.

Just below the stage, on display for the duration of the huge, four-day exhibition, were the 2015 Le Mans 24 Hours-winning Porsche 919 Hybrid of Nico Hulkenberg, Nick Tandy and Earl Bamber and the new Ford GT car which will be competing in the WEC this year in the LMGTE Pro category. Other sportscars could also be seen on different stands at the show including an Audi LMP1, and LMP2 and LMP3 prototypes.

Gérard Neveu commented: “It has been an extremely interesting, invigorating and productive two days. The MIA conference brought together a great group of people including some very bright engineers who will be developing technologies of the future, and it was an honour to be asked to speak about the WEC in front of them all. The size and scope of the Autosport International Show was very impressive, and it was the perfect venue for us to be able to publicise the first event of our new season, the 6 Hours of Silverstone. The British motorsport fans are some of the most knowledgeable and enthusiastic in the world, and what better place to start our racing year?”

All ticketing information for the 6 Hours of Silverstone can be found HERE, and stay tuned to the WEC social media channels, web and App for more information on the season to come.

WINTER HAS ARRIVED!

The start of the 2016 FIA World Endurance Championship season is just a few months away, but there won't be much action on some of Europe's most famous tracks at the moment as winter has truly arrived.

Enjoy the pictures of a snowy Circuit des 24 Heures, also partly showing the construction of the new pit garages for this year's Le Mans (WEC Round 3, June 18-19), Circuit Spa-Francorchamps (WEC Round 2, May 7) and Nürburgring (WEC Round 4, July 24).

MAZDA PROTOTYPES TO RACE IN WEATHERTECH CHAMPIONSHIP WITH NEW MZ-2.0T ENGINE

ENGINE WILL MAKE ITS RACE DEBUT AT THE ROLEX 24 AT DAYTONA

The two-car Mazda Prototype race team will be powered by the new gasoline-fueled MZ-2.0T engine this season in the IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship. The engine has been in development for much of the past year and has completed nearly 4,000 test miles prior to this weekend’s “ROAR before the 24” test session at the Daytona International Speedway.

The MZ-2.0T earned its name from its configuration: “MZ” refers to Mazda, “2.0” references its two-liter capacity, while “T” is a nod to the turbocharger. The inline, four-cylinder engine is built upon a similar foundation of the MZR-R engine that was developed by Mazda and Advanced Engine Research Ltd. (AER) for sports car racing beginning in 2006. In addition to the new Prototype engine, Mazda works with AER on the current version of the MZR-R engine that powers the entire field in the Indy Lights series, the top rung of the Mazda Road to Indy.

John Doonan, Director, Mazda Motorsports North America

“We gained immense knowledge from three years of racing a stock-block diesel engine. That knowledge will improve the next generation of Mazda diesel engines. But, with the impending rules changes in 2017 [which will not allow a diesel-fueled option], a purpose-built racing engine was our best choice to reach our long-term goals and contend for race wins and championships. After extensive testing, the MZ-2.0T is not only very fast, but reliable as well. There was no off-season for this team, as they’ve worked incredibly hard to prepare for the season. Mazda loves to race, and we couldn’t be more optimistic about the prospect of this engine and our team.”

Jonathan Bomarito, Driver, Mazda Prototype team

“The drivability of the engine is incredible. The first thing you notice is how smooth the power is delivered in every gear through the RPM range. There is great low-end torque with zero turbo-lag, which is very impressive. All race tracks are different and the gearing is never perfect for every corner, so having an engine where you can short-shift or stretch a gear longer is very important. The MZ-2.0T does this easily.”

Marcus Shen, Chief Engineer, Mazda Prototype team

“This engine has transformed everything for us. Obviously, it’s more powerful so we’re going faster. Once you go faster, the aerodynamics work very differently - we have much more downforce - and the chassis works better. It’s not just straightaway speed, the engine has improved every aspect of our overall performance.

“A gasoline, direct-injected engine - like many of the Mazda passenger cars - helps with the horsepower and throttle response and yet still produces great fuel economy. When the driver puts the pedal down, it goes. It’s creating roughly 285 horsepower per liter, which is much higher than the estimated 110 horsepower per liter of the 5.5-liter V8 Daytona Prototype engines.”

The Mazda Prototype team features two entries: the No. 55 car (numbered in honor of the 25th anniversary of Mazda’s Le Mans victory) with drivers Jonathan Bomarito and Tristan Nunez, and the No. 70 car with Joel Miller and Tom Long driving. For the Rolex 24, current Indy Lights champion Spencer Pigot will join the No. 55 team, while Ben Devlin will return to the team to drive the No. 70.

Specifications: MZ-2.0T Engine

Capacity: 2 liters
    Cylinders: 4 inline cylinders
    Horsepower: approximately 570 horsepower (285 HP per liter)
    Maximum RPM: 9,000
    Injection: Direct injection, multi-hole, spray guided injectors
    Fuel Rail Pressure: More than 1,500 PSI
    Compression Ratio: 13.5:1
    Peak Manifold Pressure: 2.6 bar (37.7 PSI)
    Turbocharger: single Garrett Motorsports unit, 46mm restrictor
    Exhaust Manifold: tubular 4-2-1 manifold
    Intake Manifold: bespoke carbon fiber
    Oiling System: bespoke dry sump system
    ECU: LIFE engine management ECU

Mazda Motorsports
    - See more at: http://www.imsa.com/articles/mazda-p....xrK5CgPG.dpuf

Bird says Ferrari WEC drive a "dream come true"

New Ferrari GT factory driver Sam Bird says landing a drive with the Italian marque is a dream come true.

Bird will share the #71 Ferrari 488 GTE with Davide Rigon in the World Enduance Championship this season.

"To become a fully-fledged Ferrari factory driver is not only an honour but also a dream come true," Bird told Motorsport.com.

"You know, when I was a little boy I had a big Prancing Horse flag in my bedroom and I used to gaze at it endlessly. Now I will have that iconic emblem on my race suit and I will wear it with pride.

"To be associated with it and with the whole is very special."

Bird is believed to be getting his first taste of the new 488 GTE this month and will embark on more tests throughout the pre-season.

"I haven't driven the 488 yet so my knowledge is limited, but I can't wait to test it," he said.

The Briton, who along with teammates Roman Rusinov and Julien Canal sealed the LMP2 WEC title in Bahrain last November, completed the deal with Ferrari despite interest from the Toyota LMP1 squad.

Motorsport.com understands that the Japanese manufacturer was impressed with Bird during his test, which took place immediately after the Bahrain WEC finale, but will only make a decision on its official reserve driver following a shoot-out test next month.

Bird is believed to have had an offer from Ferrari as early as last autumn.

"There were many reasons for me taking this opportunity and one of them is that I already worked with and knew the team," said Bird. "I really loved working with them in 2014.

"It is a great family atmosphere and the spirit is unrivalled. I think the people are what make any team and at Ferrari and AF Corse there is a really good and talented group.

"The leadership of Antonello [Coletta] and Amato [Ferrari] and the merits of the other three drivers in the WEC squad mean that we have a great team to mount an attack."

Bird, who had raced for AF Corse in 2014, will switch to the LMGTE Pro class in 2016, but told Motorsport.com that his season in LMP2 will stand him in good stead for the coming year.

"I think I have learned my lessons last year with regards to how to race well in endurance racing and I really took everything in. I think I can use the experience well from last season.

"It will be another race car I will have to get to know and it will be different race craft [to LMP2] but I am more than up for the challenge.

"I think the LMGTE Pro category is at an all-time high this season and it will be a very exciting year."

RISI COMPETIZIONE HAS SUCCESSFUL SHAKEDOWN THIS WEEK WITH NEW FERRARI 488 AT FIORANO CIRCUIT IN ITALY

Giuseppe Risi stands next to his new Risi Competizione Ferrari 488 GTLM

Houston, Texas (January 21, 2016)...Risi Competizione has reported a successful shakedown of their new Ferrari F488 GTLM at the Fiorano Circuit in Italy this past Monday, January 18, 2016.

Team Principal Giuseppe Risi and several Risi Competizione crew members were at the private Ferrari race circuit to oversee the shakedown.

"The new Ferrari 488 GTLM is a stunning and beautiful car," said Giuseppe Risi after returning home to the Team's Houston, Texas race shop. "The shakedown went well and as planned, no surprises. The car is now in transit to Miami, where a representative will pick it up and take it to Daytona. Our guys will then work to get it prepped for the Rolex 24 race. All four of our drivers have driven the 488 so the car will not be new to them. However, we will have some work to do to get the required components set for Daytona and 24-hour race mode. It will be a busy week next week since we only have limited track time before the race start."

Risi Competizione drivers for the 2016 running of the Rolex 24 are Giancarlo Fisichella, Toni Vilander, Davide Rigon and Olivier Beretta, all Ferrari factory drivers. Full season drivers in the IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship series for the popular U.S. team are Fisichella and Vilander, who have been teammates on numerous occasions, including the 2015 IMSA Petit Le Mans for Risi and last year's 24 Hours of Le Mans with the AF Corse Ferrari team.

This will be the fourth time that Risi Competizione has debuted a new Ferrari race car model in North America. In March of 2006 Risi Competizione debuted the hugely successful Ferrari 430 GT at the 12 Hours of Sebring to a podium finish (third place) with Jamie Melo, Ralf Kelleners and Anthony Lazzaro behind the wheel. Then in March of 2011, Risi Competizione debuted the Ferrari 458 GT2, again at Sebring, with Vilander and Melo as drivers. Although they suffered an alternator issue and went on to finish 11th in class, the duo collected three podiums, including one victory that season. In September of 2002 Risi Competizione debuted the Ferrari 360 GT to a third place class finish.

The Ferrari 488 GTLM inside the Michelotto factory

"We worked together with Michelotto, to get this car built to the specs needed for IMSA competition," said Rick Mayer, Risi Competizione Race Engineer. "Two of our crew were onsite for several weeks working with them and then our data engineer joined them after the Roar Test, in expectation that the car will be as race ready for Daytona as possible once it arrives. Of course there is plenty of work to do since we were not able to use the Roar Test to our benefit, but we'll make it work as we always do. This is a spectacular car and we hope for some great things this season."

The Risi 488 is so beautiful, its a shame to get it dirty racing it lol...

Gas Monkey Garage Joins Riley Motorsports at Rolex 24
    By News Release

Viper Exchange and Gas Monkey Garage announced today a partnership that will see the No. 33 ViperExchange.com Riley Motorsports Dodge Viper GT3-R carry an eye-catching Gas Monkey Garage logo and livery at next weekend’s season-opening Rolex 24 At Daytona.

The highly-popular Gas Monkey Garage, featuring performance car builds in the global television show ‘Fast N’ Loud’ on Discovery, is a successful car restoring business in Dallas with a unique style.

Led by principal Richard Rawlings, the Gas Monkey Garage staff travels around Texas and surrounding states to find forgotten classic cars to buy and restore. They found a perfect Lone Star State partner in Viper Exchange for Gas Monkey Garage’s first appearance in the Rolex 24 At Daytona.

Viper Exchange, the world’s largest Viper retailer, is based in Tomball, Texas, and principal and team driver, Ben Keating, is a lifelong Lone Star State resident.

A winning IMSA GT Daytona (GTD) class co-driver in last year’s Rolex 24, Keating will co-drive the No. 33 ViperExchange.com/Gas Monkey Garage Viper with Jeroen Bleekemolen, Marc Miller and Dominik Farnbacher next weekend at Daytona. Farnbacher was also part of last year’s Rolex 24 winning GTD driver lineup.

“We have been working very hard through the years to build the Viper Exchange brand as the No. 1 volume Viper dealer in the world and the home of Viper performance parts,” Keating said.

“The guys at Gas Monkey Garage have done an incredible job of creating a great brand and a culture that people want to be part of. We are both extremely connected with Dodge, we are both located in Texas and we are both heavily involved car people. I almost can’t believe it didn’t happen sooner.”

The Gas Monkey Garage brand is one of the world’s most visible logos in the automobile industry and also announced today it will launch its Energy drink products this year.

“We are extremely pleased to announce our new Gas Monkey Garage Energy products and the association with the Viper Exchange for the popular Rolex 24 At Daytona,” Rawlings said.

“Ben Keating and his teammates in the Viper Exchange/Gas Monkey Garage Viper should be big crowd favorites next weekend at Daytona.”

The Gas Monkey Garage ‘Fast N’ Loud’ show is viewed by over 2.2 million viewers weekly in the United States and is aired in 200 countries and translated into 38 languages.

“I am very excited about working together on this,” Keating said. “I am excited to take the Gas Monkey Garage fans along for the ride as we compete in the biggest and longest sports car race in North America.

“I love the Rolex 24 At Daytona, and I think the Gas Monkey faithful are going to understand why after following this event. There is always plenty of crazy drama during any 24 hour race. It is an environment full of car people and high emotions. They are going to dig it!”

Miller is making his Rolex 24 debut in the No. 33 that should be an even bigger crowd favorite than the Viper usually is with the addition of the Gas Monkey Garage livery.

“I have been a fan of the Gas Monkey Garage guys as well as ‘Fast N’ Loud’ for years, and you don’t have to live in Texas to just love that Lone Star lifestyle,” said Miller, who is from Holland, Michigan.

“Everyone involved in both Viper Exchange and Gas Monkey Garage are car people and what better choice of a team to represent them than a monstrous American V10 Dodge Viper among a sea of European competition.”

While the Gas Monkey Garage Energy drink will not be available in time for the Rolex 24, Keating and ViperExchange.com could put the new product to good use in March’s 12 Hours of Sebring.

The Gas Monkey Garage partnership will likely continue for that race, the second longest on the IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship schedule.

“No doubt that an energy drink is extremely appropriate for an endurance race but especially a Gas Monkey Garage energy drink,” Keating said.

“The people working down on pit lane have gasoline running through their veins. They actually get less sleep during 24 and 12 hour races than the drivers. They don’t get a break and they love it.

“This is what I think the Gas Monkey Energy drink is all about. There will also be plenty of fans trying to make it for the entire race with no sleep. There will be no shortage of a market for extra energy at endurance races!”

In addition to the Viper Exchange/Gas Monkey Garage Viper in the Rolex 24, the Garage announced today two more racing projects in 2016.

Also competing under Gas Monkey Garage Energy products colors this year will be Dreyer & Reinbold Racing IndyCar at the 100th Indianapolis 500, with driver Sage Karam, and a NHRA Mello Yello drag racing series Pro Stock entry with Laughlin Motorsports and driver Alex Laughlin.

get you some of that wahoooooo!!!!!!!!

I love watching Fast n Loud, got Gas Monkey t shirt. Now, i do have small soft spot for Vipers, now this!!!???? As long as they are behind SMP and Risi

The Risi 488 is so beautiful, its a shame to get it dirty racing it lol...
    looks good new and clean, but after 24 hrs, or 6 hrs of racing and dirt, looks great.