Page 11 of 53 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212223242536 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 F1 Pre-Season Testing

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    Last year Ros had done 1:22:7 with softs!!!So nothing special from those times!!!!
    Indeed. But one thing is certain, Honda has cured their reliability problems.

Quote Originally Posted by darkchild View Post
    This is big though. All 3 sectors are aero heavy, but S2 and S3 have no big straights so its impressive we are this fast.
    Ric 1sec off vet on same tyre.. Although not taking lap times seriously. But definitely impressive signs for Ferrari on aero dependent circuit.

Rosberg did his 1:22:7 on the last day of the last test and we have now just second day of first test :)

Vettel out on Softs.

Ultra soft is just a one lap tyre meant for qualifying only right? Sky says vettel's time dropped 0.9 sec in the lap right after the cool down lap. Anyway we need to improve our qualifying so it's good we spend some time on it.

Quote Originally Posted by bondilad View Post
    Ultra soft is just a one lap tyre meant for qualifying only right? Sky says vettel's time dropped 0.9 sec in the lap right after the cool down lap. Anyway we need to improve our qualifying so it's good we spend some time on it.
    Maybe he backed off because as they said on this lap he went even fastest on 1st sector!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

the ultra soft is mainly for monaco kind of tracks, the track layout and the asphalt of barcelona is not meanth for the ultra soft. They are probably suffering from heavy wear in the last sector of Barcelona on the first lap with the ultra soft.

I'd like to see us putting in more laps but, that said, we look fine..

IMHO, as long as the two Barcelona test sessions go well with no disasters, I'm happy and the first real 'moment of truth' is in Melbourne - assuming it's mild and dry!

#ForzaFerrari
    Trying to be less angry..

Now that fun's over hopefully we do some long runs in the afternoon.

the ultra soft tyre is +2 secs faster then medium so this pace is exactly the same as the medium .24.9

Quote Originally Posted by Wildcat View Post
    Every year the same old stuff :D

Unless you have teams datas and programmes, you cannot tell where everybody is.
    Yeah, but...like Mika Hakkinen said: If you are fast in Barcelona tests, that usually means, that you are fast everywhere...

Racing is life and life is a risk - Michael schumacher

Quote Originally Posted by S1000RR View Post
    the ultra soft tyre is +2 secs faster then medium so this pace is exactly the same as the medium .24.9
    Yea could be the case of us going on quali runs with more fuel (same as time in mediums). I think we are faster then this...

is it lunch time now, is that why is SO quiet on this board???

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    is it lunch time now, is that why is SO quiet on this board???
    Apparently everyone in here sticking to the same schedule as the teams

Nothing much going on track either since the track just got green lit after the Renault stoppage.
    Looks like the social media manager of Lotus found a job in Renault too (look at their last tweet).
    Vettel's time seems to have been dropping off (soft and super-soft) as per Autosport. But that could mean anything at this point.
    Aside from that and the banzai run between Vettel and Ricciardo, there's nothing else

Crucial day for McLaren, since this is FA's firs time running the car.
    They are currently 10th with the second most laps which is an achievement for Honda

To early to say anything, but I'm not too impressed by us and seems like Vettel isn't either. Perez just put 1:24.2 on softs

Vettel: I think this car is a step forward. I think the PU has improved. We have to improve but overall it's been a good two days.
    This car should be big leap forward. Kinda sounds like its not a big step judging by his wording. In any case, we knew PU will be better engine guys proved themselves last year, aero guys though...we will see.

Beautiful car and beautiful pictures again Tifosi1993, thanks!

Scuderia Ferrari’s Sebastian Vettel met with reporters at lunchtime during Day 2 of testing in Barcelona. Smiling, he described his impressions of the new SF16-H as “positive”.

Vettel led the timesheets at the end of the morning session on Tuesday, having engaged in a tete a tete with Daniel Ricciardo when both men switched to the new UltraSoft Pirellis towards the close of the session.

Having topped the times on Day 1, Vettel’s 1:22.810 was 0.7 seconds clear of Ricciardo, with Rosberg a further 1.3 seconds back; the Merc has not yet run the UltraSoft tyre.

Speaking to reporters, including FormulaSpy, after 46 laps in the morning, Vettel spoke of his happiness with the car: “The feeling is good, the first impression is fine and we’ve built up nicely over the two days. What’s important is that the car is reacting and doing what I ask. It’s a positive impression and Kimi has felt the same impression. There’s a lot to do, we need a lot of mileage and we have lots of stuff to work on.”

“Certain things on the car are in different places and we’re trying to understand how the car reacts and get an idea from that. We have certain expectations about when we go back on track about how the car will react, we’re getting a feeling about the cooling in general. Sometimes you have to stop for a little longer than necessary or longer than you want to to get things checked, or the driver could make a mistake and go off track. These things happen, but we’re happy. We need more laps, lots of work ahead.”

“Myself and Kimi have a similar feel for the car. The car has more grip and feels like a step forward, a positive step with the power unit. We have stuff coming, and we know we have a lot of work to go.”

Perez matched Vettel with SS 1:23.6. Well that is VERY fast from FI

Oh boy, it feels like groundhog day in here, every time we have the first testing thread of a season, it's always the same comments over and over again... we're doomed, we're doomed, we're doomed...

It's just testing guys, we wont know anything until the first race of the season, so just sit back and enjoy the first bit of action in over 3 months ...
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

Perez matched Vettel with SS 1:23.6. Well that is VERY fast from FI
    mate, tracks getting evolved. It's day 2, also vet haven't set timed laps on SS today.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    Oh boy, it feels like groundhog day in here, every time we have the first testing thread of a season, it's always the same comments over and over again... we're doomed, we're doomed, we're doomed...

It's just testing guys, we wont know anything until the first race of the season, so just sit back and enjoy the first bit of action in over 3 months ...
    Well, truth be told we were doomed in last 8 years

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    mate, tracks getting evolved. It's day 2, also vet haven't set timed laps on SS today.
    Yes I know that, but this is still plenty fast.

Actually he did, Vettel was 1:23.6 as well.

Yes I know that, but this is still plenty fast.

Actually he did, Vettel was 1:23.6 as well.
    hmm....that wasn't actual speed may b, don't know about fuel loads too. If Vet comes out now on SS n do quali sims, definitely you will see good lap times in low 1.22's or even higher 1.21. Vet is positive about the car, tomorrow kimi will do race sims probably. I have a good feeling about this car, i'm not worried.

I think the car is good, its definite step up. We still run old FW and RW, but we are going to be ~.4 second behind Merc in Melbourne. It just seems we don't have enough speed atm.

I think the car is good, its definite step up. We still run old FW and RW, but we are going to be ~.4 second behind Merc in Melbourne. It just seems we don't have enough speed atm.
    Ferrari didn't do race sims & quali sims yet. How can you judge the gap currently with just 2nd day of testing..?? Still there are development parts to be tested, when kimi would get into the car tomorrow. Have some patience, don't get into conclusion soon.

Im enjoying the AS reports, although Id love to watch testing...
    Interesting pix of the mercs vents on their lower body and floor.
    I think we'll see Vet or Kimi doing a lot more laps soon.
    Vettel just hit the 100 mark..