Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Spanish GP 2016 Free Practice and Qualifying

Way back to the top (or thereabouts) is a long journey and you learn things along the way. Rome wasn't built in one day, either.

Besides being 2nd is better than 3rd, 4th etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    So, what do you imply on? Our driver's suck?
    No. Like Maurzio and Vettel said something unexplainable happened to car between FP3 and Q3. Why did Merc suck so much in Singapoor? They said they just couldnt make tires work. We could, we were extremely fast for entire weekend and then in qualis we couldnt put a single lap as good as in practice because car was all over the place. There was no grip. Temp got up very highly and our performance dropped. If that indicates problem that Merc had last year, better in colder conditions and we can actually get heat into tires easier then no biggie. We will be back.

Missed the qualifying but somehow I wasn't too surprised by the result. A second off the Mercs and behind the Red Bulls? Only just ahead of the McLarens? What an embarrassing display. It's not the first time either; another poor start and we'll see Kvyat punt off Vettel again. There are some critical deficiencies in this car that need to be resolved. Alas, the title is already gone.

Qualy

Hi everyone.
    I dont understand bad luck dont ended for Ferrari when they start to work?
    Every race they have reasons .Tyre,turbo,Kvayt and other.Please Ferrari be a normal team stop this game and work on issuses.

Can we get atleast 1win for this year
    I would have been happy if we would have made it to 2nd row. Loosing to redbulls is really pathetic.
    We didn't provide them 2016 engine deal, from then onwards they took it as challenge & were right behind us every time during the race & are closer to us in championship.
    Horner kept on saying, we will give a big fight to ferraris. Huhhh now here it is. Very sad to see Ferrari not winning title from 2009 onwards. Every year lot of rumours, this year it's gonna happen etc..
    If this Max ves continuously challenge us everytime, I simply turnoff to see races & comeback when Ferrari starts to win & abt to win a title.
    To be frank 2016 year reminding me of 2014, which is disaster year for Ferrari. Ofcourse this year a little better car, but the hope we carried it from 2015 to this year doesn't match. I'm unable to see Ferrari in such situation. Ferrari must play its cards in political FIA meetings regarding regulation change in their favour.
    Already redbull playing its games for regulation change from 2017 by proposing 25% more importance to aerodynamic of the car. Which FIA has agreed for, so redbull gonna be more stronger next year.
    Question is where we gonna be???

There is always something. The fact is our car is no match to Mercedes and we are already falling back even with some updates and we have the smallest margin in tokens and our aero and mechanical desdign team (say what you want, our chassis is nowhere near to that of Merc or Bulls) is not delivering. Time to move on... again. Nothing to salvage from this season. Just broken promises from the team.

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    I wouldn't put too much hope into it. Remember 2009, 2014?
    Exactly. Last to major rule changes Ferrari has dropped the ball. No reason to expect this being any different.

I honestly don't see a single win for us this year. Merc will get their perfect season with 21 wins from 21 races.

Also it's really frustrating, when we watch live on TV where commentators are making fun of Ferrari everytime. It feels like one day I gonna smack their faces, suddenly I realize this is not gonna happen & say myself Ferrari gonna turn it on.
    But race by race hopes are going down gradually.
    Today they (commentators) started to make fun of Ferrari by saying oh poor Ferrari its again same story where Friday's & Saturday's they are strong & coming quali they fall behind. 18yr old Max ves out qualified 2 ferraris in his first debut with RB, that's pretty strong n shows how talented is Max is.
    Kimi is 1 time world champion & vettel is 4 time champion... Max is nothing.

Well, in that case Ricciardo is head and shoulders more talented than Verstappen.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Also it's really frustrating, when we watch live on TV where commentators are making fun of Ferrari everytime. It feels like one day I gonna smack their faces, suddenly I realize this is not gonna happen & say myself Ferrari gonna turn it on.
    But race by race hopes are going down gradually.
    Today they (commentators) started to make fun of Ferrari by saying oh poor Ferrari its again same story where Friday's & Saturday's they are strong & coming quali they fall behind. 18yr old Max ves out qualified 2 ferraris in his first debut with RB, that's pretty strong n shows how talented is Max is.
    Kimi is 1 time world champion & vettel is 4 time champion... Max is nothing.
    Sadly the thing is, they have good reasons to make fun of Ferrari. It's not just journos, but except of us fans, the majority of F1 fans are having laugh at us. And I ran out of things to defend with, as Ferrari is not providing any amunition to fight back.

FerrariSteve Guest
    Was utterly stunned in qually. its just terrible, at best we'll be stuck behind RBR for the race, at worst they'll pull ahead and we'll be lucky to get 4th-5th. :(

Very disappointed and what makes matters worse is tomorrow is going to be a Merc cakewalk, they'll win by a long margin.

Quote Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01 View Post

I honestly don't see a single win for us this year. Merc will get their perfect season with 21 wins from 21 races.
    I do have to agree with you. Sad, but true.

Very disappointed to see we've gone backwards today and we are now fighting with Red Bull. There's no way Ferrari can win the championship this year, and please don't tell me to stop with the doom and gloom. It's not doom and gloom if it's a very realistic outcome.

Disappointed Since 2010

Quote Originally Posted by darkchild View Post
    No. Like Maurzio and Vettel said something unexplainable happened to car between FP3 and Q3. Why did Merc suck so much in Singapoor? They said they just couldnt make tires work. We could, we were extremely fast for entire weekend and then in qualis we couldnt put a single lap as good as in practice because car was all over the place. There was no grip. Temp got up very highly and our performance dropped. If that indicates problem that Merc had last year, better in colder conditions and we can actually get heat into tires easier then no biggie. We will be back.
    Yeah well, to many times this has happened to us. It's either dark forces or we suck. I think it's the latter.

Kimi Raikkonen: “It was not an easy day: we did our best, but the result is a bit disappointing. We seemed to struggle quite a lot in the last sector and I’m not surprised we were losing a lot of time there. Before qualifying we made some changes to my set-up and the car felt better, but it was not easy to get the laps that we wanted and make the handling exactly as we desired. The car felt ok yesterday, today I was quicker, but the wind has been turning around a bit, making some places quite tricky. My last run was better than so far today, but obviously it’s not where we want to be. Our rivals did a better job today, we have to keep working and improving and see what we can do tomorrow in the race.”

Sebastian Vettel: “I think every day can be tough but for sure I didn’t expect to be that far off, especially because this morning we had a good rhythm. I didn’t get hold of the car, I didn’t get the feeling that I had earlier today, and couldn’t nail the laps. I don’t think that it is a surprise, if you don’t get it together here it can be quite costly, and we know this. I think the gap to Mercedes is bigger than it has been all weekend. So clearly we didn’t get it right. As for tomorrow’s race, for sure the further up you qualify, the better: this rule applies everywhere. We will focus on the start, first lap and then there is a long race, and lot of things we can do. Usually there are several pit-stops here so we can play with the strategy and pass people that are slower than us. I think the car is quicker than P6, so I have high hopes for
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Exactly. Last to major rule changes Ferrari has dropped the ball. No reason to expect this being any different.

Frightening... But very possible!

Quote Originally Posted by Giallo 550 View Post
    Very disappointed to see we've gone backwards today and we are now fighting with Red Bull. There's no way Ferrari can win the championship this year, and please don't tell me to stop with the doom and gloom. It's not doom and gloom if it's a very realistic outcome.
    Not even a 0.001%! Question is can Ferrari win a single race this year?!

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Harley View Post
    Way back to the top (or thereabouts) is a long journey and you learn things along the way. Rome wasn't built in one day, either.

Besides being 2nd is better than 3rd, 4th etc.
    Agree to the extend. Rome wasn't build in a day, but when was Ferrari last WDC and CWC....? Building....

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    Agree to the extend. Rome wasn't build in a day, but when was Ferrari last WDC and CWC....? Building....
    2007, when was Mcleran last WCC? or even Williams?

if they do, there will be more people turning away from F1.

I am not even upset, I've becom numb. Just like Pink Floyd sings.... That is sad...

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    2007, when was Mcleran last WCC? or even Williams?
    McLaren WDC in 2008... so better than us. And they lost their engine supplier. Williams has not even near the amount of money we do, no comparison there. And if the time came, that we want ourselves to compare with teams which fell into midfield, that's really bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyss4k View Post
    McLaren WDC in 2008... so better than us. And they lost their engine supplier. Williams has not even near the amount of money we do, no comparison there. And if the time came, that we want ourselves to compare with teams which fell into midfield, that's really bad.
    oooo 1 year. That way much better than us isnt it. We were WCC 2008. WCC is more important to me. Mclaren and Williams are as big teams like us, just fell on hard times. Happens to all teams. Mclaren only lost engine deal due to them pushing ahead with the sportscars and making their own road car engines.

oooo 1 year. That way much better than us isnt it. We were WCC 2008. WCC is more important to me. Mclaren and Williams are as big teams like us, just fell on hard times. Happens to all teams. Mclaren only lost engine deal due to them pushing ahead with the sportscars and making their own road car engines.
    Williams is nowhere near as big as us! And you asked a question, I answered. No need for that tone. WDC is objectively more important, than WCC, even though WCC is more important for you... And yea, one year, so? That only means, we are waiting more. And again, if you want to compare us with the "losers" of the sport, well... good. We are finally there.

I agree with you WCC is also more important to me, as I am team, not driver supporter! But, Rob, we are waiting way too much. This is never becomes more...

May be there is lost in translation everyone thereally is rule change because it seem Ferrari always get it wrong 2009 and 2014 and I am afraid for 2017

The last set up [befor qually] has moved the operating heat window of the yellow Pirelli to overheating by turn 12.
    If it was really a Team error this will be hard to rectify as the cars are in parc ferme.
    But the cars could have been set up like this to run the race on the white Medium tyres!
    Slightly over heating yellow soft = about right heat window for white medium.....just hoping.

Quote Originally Posted by Dino View Post
    The last set up [befor qually] has moved the operating heat window of the yellow Pirelli to overheating by turn 12.
    If it was really a Team error this will be hard to rectify as the cars are in parc ferme.
    But the cars could have been set up like this to run the race on the white Medium tyres!
    Slightly over heating yellow soft = about right heat window for white medium.....just hoping.
    We were 4 tenths off in the S1 alone (turn 4) and 7 tenths in S2 (turn 10). So this theory does not seem correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Dino View Post
    What ever theory, mercedes is fast on any kind of tyres.