Page 1 of 21 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Spanish GP 2016 race thread

Spanish GP 2016 race thread

Its a new day...let's get out there and show them what we've got in the race!

Forza Ferrari!

Hahaha
    Fight with passion, win with pride, lose with respect, but never give up.

I hope the young guns at Red Bull take out the Mercedes cars so its a Red Bull Ferrari thriller as they look evenly matched in this race

In FP3 Rai was doing 335km/h but in qualy he did 328km/h something is a miss here. Just hope we have a realy good race and we realy challenge the front runners. The woes we had in qualy are a thing of the past and I'm sure the last minute set up change will suit us and make us fight for podium and fight the Mercs

Quote Originally Posted by phsyklone View Post
    In FP3 Rai was doing 335km/h but in qualy he did 328km/h something is a miss here. Just hope we have a realy good race and we realy challenge the front runners. The woes we had in qualy are a thing of the past and I'm sure the last minute set up change will suit us and make us fight for podium and fight the Mercs
    Problem is: you can't overtake here.. So unless you make up ground at start or first lap your stuck.. So then you need to wait for first stop to try and do undercut.. But you can't undercut 4 cars so..

We'll see..

in 2011 we managed to lead the race after start so ;)
    “The Ferrari is a dream - people dream of owning this special vehicle and for most people it will remain a dream apart from for those lucky few.” ~ Enzo Ferrari

In FP3 Rai was doing 335km/h but in qualy he did 328km/h something is a miss here.
    Ferrari did some changes in setup, should be better for the race says rumours.

Quote Originally Posted by KimiBot View Post
    Ferrari did some changes in setup, should be better for the race says rumours.
    That was the plan, still the team was stunned by performance in qualy so something not right.. Let's hope we'll be fine..

Let's just hope we have a great race in general, not just Ferrari.. Nico has been getting it to easy, very boring at the front..
    If not us, I hope one of the RBR takes the lead at the start, should give a good race with 6 cars in the mix.. If it's just a fight between us and RBR, it will still be great racing, just a shame that it wouldn't be for the lead
    “The Ferrari is a dream - people dream of owning this special vehicle and for most people it will remain a dream apart from for those lucky few.” ~ Enzo Ferrari

Never lose hope guys We Are Scuderia Ferrari!

I wouldn't read too much into it. Could be a tow behind another car, or a tail wind, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Ojie1214 View Post
    Never lose hope guys We Are Scuderia Ferrari!
    Brutally honest, so...?!

A 3rd place would be a good result here. We were miles behind in this race last year, so mercs are out of reach imo.

Merc is in another world. We can't pass RBR simply in strategy, because they are not Williams.
    Fight with passion, win with pride, lose with respect, but never give up.

Are there any news about a resolution which regards the RBR tyre pressure and the gadget they are possibly using to get the optimal pressure after Pirelli's checks? Or it is not true?
    Ferrari per sempre !

Quote Originally Posted by ARUN M KARUNAN View Post
    Merc is in another world. We can't pass RBR simply in strategy, because they are not Williams.
    We'll be ahead of them shortly after the start.
    Ferrari per sempre !

Quote Originally Posted by SashAlex View Post
    Are there any news about a resolution which regards the RBR tyre pressure and the gadget they are possibly using to get the optimal pressure after Pirelli's checks? Or it is not true?
    They will implement in monaco.

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/fi...aco-gp-736909/

Quote Originally Posted by SashAlex View Post
    We'll be ahead of them shortly after the start.
    Ric saved a set of tyres, he did only 1 run in q3. He will be a threat for us.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    He did 2 runs in Q2 though. So he is equal with Max.

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

Top 6 has same tyres avaiable, only Verstappen hasn't used the H I think (but we only did an installation lap on them so)

Will be interesting to see if someone is going to try the hards in the race..

Quote Originally Posted by Kristof_F40 View Post
    Top 6 has same tyres avaiable, only Verstappen hasn't used the H I think (but we only did an installation lap on them so)

Will be interesting to see if someone is going to try the hards in the race..
    Hards not giving better performance as expected, so I don't see them in the race. Teams like haas, Renault could try out I'm expecting.

Hards not giving better performance as expected, so I don't see them in the race. Teams like haas, Renault could try out I'm expecting.
    No but they will last probably long, it's a gamble since we didn't test them.. I also don't see u using them.. It's just if we are stuck for a long time and we decide to pit early, maybe we need to change strategy.. But it would be a huge gamble

Circuit is difficult to overtake, it all boils down to the start. Hopefully Seb can create one mega start

In last 15 years, just two times winner wasn't from the pole!

Weather is different from yesterday

FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

There is 550m from pole position till first corner...

Weather is different from yesterday
    In what way? Colder?

At the moment it is 22C

Hopefully the rumour about setup changes for the race pay off - would be rather unfortunate if weather changed to wrong direction.

Just saw driver parade and the pit straight was a little wet but that was hours ago. So if it was raining that could make the track greener than yesterday and make it harder for cars at the beginning

two stops, maybe 3?