Page 1 of 15 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Ferrari re-signs Kimi for 2017

Ferrari re-signs Kimi for 2017

Just read an article on gazzettadellosport link here http://topspeed.gazzetta.it/2016/05/...?refresh_ce-cp

Practically says, from my knowledge of italian that Ferrari are looking at Rosberg to replace Kimi for 2017. I know that gazzetta is probably the most important sports newspaper in Italy so this article can not go unobserved.
    I only have one question, would you prefer Rosberg to Kimi for next year?

Maybe Rosberg could be a good addition. He is definitely in a great form at the moment. If he keep up with that great form i can't see any reason why not Rosberg to be the guy who will replace Kimi. One thing is for sure though. I'll be terribly sad to see Kimi retire.

If only these new rules were introduced this year so Kimi could go for one more, maybe we would have made great champ winning car.

As far as Ros goes, he is great driver and a team player so if Kimi goes, Rosberg is fine.

Quote Originally Posted by darkchild View Post
    I
    As far as Ros goes, he is great driver and a team player so if Kimi goes, Rosberg is fine.
    I'm not all that sure about Nico being a team player . I'd like to think Seb is our #1 driver, even though that's not said out loud. If Nico left Merc it wouldn't be because of the car or the team's efforts to have the best cars out there. I believe Seb would be Nico's new Lewis, and well just look at Merc's last race results.

If he can get along with Ramilton, he's a saint. Sign him.

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

Why wouldn't Ferrari want to replace Kimi now, when he is finally finding his mojo again and doing at least as good job as his team mate, a four time world champion at his prime...

Quote Originally Posted by Winter View Post
    Why wouldn't Ferrari want to replace Kimi now, when he is finally finding his mojo again and doing at least as good job as his team mate, a four time world champion at his prime...
    Yeah. I honestly wish Kimi to stay. However, if they chose to replace him with Rosberg i won't feel that bad about it, knowing they replaced him with a decent driver.

I've been a fan of Rosberg since 2012 when he first won that race and have cheered for him ever since. However, this seems out of hand. Kimi is just as good of a driver (if not better) and he's finally regained his composure! I see the Raikkonen of 2012 back! Focus on the car and less on the drivers is what I say to Ferrari!
    Let Kimi retire, don't make him retire.
    Also, wasn't two Germans in the same team the only reason stopping a Hulkenberg/Vettel line up for this year (during silly season)?
    Vous resterez toujours en nos coeurs, Jules.

There are 20 or 30 kids that can win a GP provided they drive top gear. I think the driver lineup is the least crucial/critical factor in a successful team, the car being by far the most relevant. I agree with TigerKing that most of the effort should go to car development.

According to Herr Zetsche Rosberg stays with Mercedes in 2017.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Harley View Post
    Yeah, it is all based on "ifs" & "buts" at this point. Toto said they will try hard to sign Nico, but if they can't they would look at Alonso!
    Forza Ferrari !
    "You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." - Juan Manuel Fangio

Quote Originally Posted by IulianFerrari View Post
    I only have one question, would you prefer Rosberg to Kimi for next year?
    No.

Problem that Ferrari has, is not the pilots, but Rosberg could tell to Ferrari why Mercs is so good, technical stuff?

I am not convinced that Rosberg would be a good addition. He is doing good in Merc. Then again who would not?
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Would explain the Monster drink deal if true.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

I personally don't like Rosberg for us, he complains too much about a lot of things including his own team mate.
    Forza Ferrari

I rate rosberg as a good driver but if he came to us he would come as a #2 Driver. IMO keep kimi as hes is just as good as Rosberg or go for someone who will push or even beat Vettel, the time for #1 and #2 drivers is over what we need is two #1 drivers to push for the WCC
    Interviewer: “The helmet has a special meaning for many drivers. How important is it to you?”
    Kimi: “It protects my head.”

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Harley View Post
    Ferrari have initiated talks with current championship leader Nico Rosberg, motivated by the Mercedes driver’s expiring deal at the end of this season.

In Barcelona, Daimler chairman Dieter Zetsche announced that the on-form German is in fact “under contract” for next year.

But that might not quite be true, as Mercedes team boss Toto Wolff declared on Monday that Fernando Alonso might be a target for the future.

“Fernando is one of the best drivers in history and I like his character, but our priority now is Nico,” he told El Mundo.

“If he (Rosberg) does not want to renew, then we will consider other options, like Fernando,” Wolff added.

Now, Italy’s Corriere della Sera is reporting that talks between Ferrari and Rosberg, the winner of seven consecutive grands prix until last Sunday, have begun.

Correspondent Giorgio Terruzzi said Ferrari’s new interest in Rosberg is powered by moves at other top teams to spice up their respective drivers’ lineups.

Red Bull has Max Verstappen, McLaren will reportedly sign up Stoffel Vandoorne for 2017, and so officials at Ferrari believe “36-year-old Kimi, though well-liked by most in the team, is considered too inconsistent”.

“On the contrary, it seems Rosberg in his full maturity is always fast, strengthened by his difficult experience at Hamilton’s side.”

Terruzzi also said Mercedes “would be weakened by his (Rosberg’s) departure, especially if he wins the title in 2016”.

http://www.thisisf1.com/2016/05/17/r...g-alonso-2017/

A 17 year old can jump into an F1 car & straight away be competitive, then go on to win his first race next year. Isn't it obvious that driving F1 cars these days is much much easier than let's say 10 years back? My point is drivers are of not much importance these days, it's all about the car. With due respect to all F1 drivers who put their lives on the line for this sport, give a talented monkey a great car, he will deliver.

Sign Stoffel Vandoorne, he's promising :D

He scored the first points for Mclaren this season, even before Alonso & Button. He won GP2 last year.

I'm not saying that because he's Belgian at all :D

IMO, Ferrari should start taking chances with young talent. Red Bull doesn't end up with their young talented drivers by pure luck. They have a young driver program and they are actually making good use of it.

I feel like we are not doing the same. We develop young talent like the late Bianchi only to have them drive for other teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso View Post
    If he can get along with Ramilton, he's a saint.
    So true

...and so officials at Ferrari believe “36-year-old Kimi, though well-liked by most in the team, is considered too inconsistent”.
    If that is how the management really feels then by all means get some another driver. But I would still wish to see the car sorted out first.

Quote Originally Posted by Rishu View Post
    A 17 year old can jump into an F1 car & straight away be competitive, then go on to win his first race next year. Isn't it obvious that driving F1 cars these days is much much easier than let's say 10 years back? My point is drivers are of not much importance these days, it's all about the car. With due respect to all F1 drivers who put their lives on the line for this sport, give a talented monkey a great car, he will deliver.
    Very good point. I'm sure if Haryanto was given a Mercedes drive, within 3 races he will be a consistent podium contender. 2012 was a good season in the modern era where nearly every car was evenly matched allowing good drivers in inferior cars to get notice (Hulkenberg, Grosjean, Maldanado, Perez etc). These days it's all about how good the car is. That study even said so! 89% (IIRC) is team dependent!
    Vous resterez toujours en nos coeurs, Jules.

Quote Originally Posted by Rishu View Post
    Exactly. Alonso also mentioned that 10 years ago, after a race they had difficulties coming to the podium because of exhaustion! Now, they can start another race all over again.
    Next year, because of the more aggressive aerodynamics, it will be a bit more physically demanding to drive the car. However, as Alonso stated, not near the difficulty it was 10 years ago.

The shake up is interesting, to say the least. However, replacing Kimi won't solve Ferrari's problem with the car, just like replacing Fernando and Felipe didn't solve anything.

Disappointed Since 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso View Post
    If he can get along with Ramilton, he's a saint. Sign him.
    Do you think he gets along with Lewis ?

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Do you think he gets along with Lewis ?
    Hahha. Yeah. I don't know what's up with people here saying he goes along with Hamilton haha.
    Quote Originally Posted by Giallo 550 View Post
    The shake up is interesting, to say the least. However, replacing Kimi won't solve Ferrari's problem with the car, just like replacing Fernando and Felipe didn't solve anything.
    Of course not. And besides, Kimi is the most popular driver on the grid. He is a great marketing material. Why would you want to replace him? Maybe Kimi wants to retire?

Frankly, I'm not so much concerned about who will drive for us next year. I'm more concerned with the car's performance.
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post

Maybe Kimi wants to retire?
    No, last week he said that he wants to continue.

If management would really want NR then make an NR-KR swap.